HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tampa to trade for Jonathan Bernier?

Old
06-08-2012, 11:07 PM
NightBlazer

vCash: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
lol you just answered my question.

TB fans are ridiculous cause they want young upcoming goalies (Bernier, Schneider) but somehow feel entitled to get them for nothing and completely rip the other team off.
I'm not a TB fan, and I didn't say anything about ripping LA off. There could be a deal that works for both teams, for example something revolving around Connolly. But as it stands there's a lot of elite defensemen in the draft and Tampa Bay needs one badly. So there needs to be a compromise, because in Tampa Bay's situation it isn't worth it to trade that pick. They can't miss out on one of those D-men.

NightBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:08 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho Labrie View Post
1. He's not a Lightning fan.
2. Many other non Lightning fans have said Connolly or 10 is too much.
3. Why do Vancouver fans always try to wedge Luongo into a thread?
Because he's an elite goalie and everyone should want him.

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Numbers

Quote:
1. He's not a Lightning fan.
2. Many other non Lightning fans have said Connolly or 10 is too much.
3. Why do Vancouver fans always try to wedge Luongo into a thread?
Forget about Luongo. Im talking about Schneider. I remember when there was a great debate about trading Schneider to TB. And they were saying he was barely worth Connolly lol. Some people were offering 2nds and the 10th overall was a crown jewel that could not be touched even by the queen of england!

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Bish please
Kick in the grass

vCash: 169
Send a message via MSN to Bish please
Quote:
Forget about Luongo. Im talking about Schneider. I remember when there was a great debate about trading Schneider to TB. And they were saying he was barely worth Connolly lol. Some people were offering 2nds and the 10th overall was a crown jewel that could not be touched even by the queen of england!
Well you will be glad to know that what fans offer on message boards mean nothing in the real world of hockey.

Bish please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:12 PM
TampaBolt
Muck Fichigan!

Quote:
But TB has a bigger problem......they dont have a goalie!

Pretty sure LA has more leverage here.
Exactly having the leverage and a high value bernier as of right now makes it the right time to trade him if I am the king's GM. This is coming from a Tampa fan and I know that we don't have the advantage in the negotiations although things may change.

TampaBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Well you will be glad to know that what fans offer on message boards mean nothing in the real world of hockey.
So why do you post on this board if you know you are being unrealistic?

Old
06-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Bish please
Kick in the grass

Quote:
So why do you post on this board if you know you are being unrealistic?
For fun. But I'm also not the one in this thread derailing a conversation about Bernier by bringing up Luongo/Schneider and fans possibly asking too much in fake trades.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:15 PM
ginovegas

what has Bernier ever done or proved?

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
There's really no way in hell that Tampa Bay will trade that 10th overall pick. The draft is too top-heavy in high end defensemen, which they badly need, and there should be no doubt that they're going to be getting the best one available.

Then they'll get Bernier with a different package, and have their cake and eat it too. But they're not trading that 10th overall pick.
And how do u expect to get a Bernier or Schneider exactly?

Colorado offered the same deal to LA and Vancouver they did to Washington.

Colorado had the 2nd overall pick last year and i higly doubt teams thought they'd jump from 2nd overall pick to out of the lottery. I thought their pick would be 9-12th overall.

So with Stamkos, St.Louis, Lecavalier, Hedman, and the 10th overall pick off the table. All thats left that would really interest teams is Malone, Connolly, Purcell and the 19th pick.

If teams turned down the 11th overall pick and a 2nd the year after. Why would 2 teams who are cup contenders want a later 1st round pick and maybe an earlier 2nd?

TB doesn't have the offensive depth to trade Malone or Purcell, and I doubt they want to give up Connolly as he is their best offensive prospect. Lets face it Lecavalier and St.Louis aren't going to play for much longer. Maybe 3-4 years from St.Louis and 8 from Lecavalier.

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Numbers

Quote:
For fun. But I'm also not the one in this thread derailing a conversation about Bernier by bringing up Luongo/Schneider and fans possibly asking too much in fake trades.
I just remember reading posts from you and other TB fans in a Schneider thread and wanted to see if things had changed or another team was obligated to trade their young upcoming goalie for very little to TB

Old
06-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Bish please
Kick in the grass

Quote:
I just remember reading posts from you and other TB fans in a Schneider thread and wanted to see if things had changed or another team was obligated to trade their young upcoming goalie for very little to TB
Actually you will find posts of me being fine with both the 10th and Connolly in a package for Bernier. I'm 100% willing to give up anything outside of Hedman or Stamkos to solve our goaltending. Hell, I'm probably the only Lightning fan who doesn't think KingHock is asking for the moon.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Actually you will find posts of me being fine with both the 10th and Connolly in a package for Bernier. I'm 100% willing to give up anything outside of Hedman or Stamkos to solve our goaltending.
Okay fair enough. Do you think Bernier is the solution?

The reason I ask is because Mike Smith was just put on waivers for nothing......after trading Richards for him.

As a TB fan would you rather have a younger goalie who has been a backup only in their career or trading for goalie who has been more proven, given that some of your best players (St. Louis, Lecalvier) are moving into twighlight of their careers.

And no I am not suggesting Luongo here. But how bout someone like Ryan Miller if he was available?

Old
06-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
And no I am not suggesting Luongo here. But how bout someone like Ryan Miller if he was available?
I think your best bet is to start a new thread about Tampa's goaltending situation. This one is about a potential trade for Bernier.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Bish please
Kick in the grass

Quote:
A solution, yes.
The reason I ask is because Mike Smith was just put on waivers for nothing......after trading Richards for him.
Not sure what that has to do with anything. I wish Smith well but I don't blame Yzerman for moving on one bit..
As a TB fan would you rather have a younger goalie who has been a backup only in their career or trading for goalie who has been more proven, given that some of your best players (St. Louis, Lecalvier) are moving into twighlight of their careers.
Younger, someone who will be here a very long time
And no I am not suggesting Luongo here. But how bout someone like Ryan Miller if he was available?All depends on the price.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:39 PM
NightBlazer

vCash: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
And how do u expect to get a Bernier or Schneider exactly?

Colorado offered the same deal to LA and Vancouver they did to Washington.

Colorado had the 2nd overall pick last year and i higly doubt teams thought they'd jump from 2nd overall pick to out of the lottery. I thought their pick would be 9-12th overall.

So with Stamkos, St.Louis, Lecavalier, Hedman, and the 10th overall pick off the table. All thats left that would really interest teams is Malone, Connolly, Purcell and the 19th pick.

If teams turned down the 11th overall pick and a 2nd the year after. Why would 2 teams who are cup contenders want a later 1st round pick and maybe an earlier 2nd?

TB doesn't have the offensive depth to trade Malone or Purcell, and I doubt they want to give up Connolly as he is their best offensive prospect. Lets face it Lecavalier and St.Louis aren't going to play for much longer. Maybe 3-4 years from St.Louis and 8 from Lecavalier.
It has to be Connolly. It would suck for Tampa Bay to lose him, but IMO they need one of those D-men more than they need Connolly. Also Connolly would fit in perfectly in LA as he's another big, physical, skilled player, which is what LA is built around. Plus even his personality would fit right in in LA.

It's a deal that makes sense for all parties. However IMO Connolly is worth a little bit more than Bernier so it would be LA adding like a 3rd rounder to even it out.

NightBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:52 PM
EvanOberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
This. And that's why they won't trade Connolly AND their 1st (10). That doesn't mean a deal won't happen for less.

EvanOberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanOberg View Post
This. And that's why they won't trade Connolly AND their 1st (10). That doesn't mean a deal won't happen for less.
I don't think we trade our first, period. Just my opinion.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:55 PM
ScoreZeGoals
I'm bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
Great logic, I guess draft picks are worthless because none of those guys have ever done anything in the NHL. Bernier has been developed to the point where there are NHL GM's who think he can be a franchise goalie

Quote:
Hold on now, what has Connolly ever done or proved?

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 12:00 AM
EvanOberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
I don't think we trade our first, period. Just my opinion.
Only way a first and Connolly deal from TB is for Schneider. Vancouver could use the 10th pick to get rights for a good player if they wanted.

Old
06-09-2012, 12:02 AM
EvanOberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post

Hold on now, what has Connolly ever done or proved?
As much as Bernier has if not he's got more value because of his experience over Bernier. Which is why they won't give up 10 overall for him.

Old
06-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
Since its doubtful Columbus decides to use the kings pick this year I would ask for Connolly and Tampas 2013 first for Bernier and Muzzin

Malakian#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 12:26 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:

Can you actually spell Lecavalier right and at least do a little googling to realize that Smith was a UFA when he left?

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 12:30 AM
sayheykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Can you actually spell Lecavalier right and at least do a little googling to realize that Smith was a UFA when he left?
Well, technically Smith did clear waivers early last year.

sayheykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 12:31 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
As much as Bernier has if not he's got more value because of his experience over Bernier. Which is why they won't give up 10 overall for him.
umm what experience bernier is older and played more seasons then connelly

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheykid View Post
Well, technically Smith did clear waivers early last year.
Alright, after being concussed the third time and struggling over two years (which is more a product of goaltending coaching than anything) but alright.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote