HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Patmac's Mock Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2012, 08:50 AM
  #1
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
 
Patmac40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,449
vCash: 500
Patmac's Mock Draft

1.) Edmonton Oilers- Nail Yakupov - No question about it. Best player in the draft and the Oilers could say that they are perfectly fine for top forwards and use roster players to get better defensively.

2.) Columbus Blue Jackets- Filip Forsberg - There's a few ways this pick could go but I believe they will pick Forsberg for offensive prowess and a surprisingly good two-way ability.

3.) Montreal Canadiens- Mikhail Grigorenko - Montreal desperately needs to add size up front and keeping him in La Belle Province will be a good fit.

4.) New York Islanders- Ryan Murray - A steadily improving, young defensive core will provide some good things to come in the next few years.

5.) Toronto Maple Leafs- Alex Galchenyuk - Leafs need a potential 1st line C and this would be a steal at 5th overall.

6.) Anaheim Ducks- Cody Ceci - Possibly surprising pick from looking at the rest of the mocks but he's a big defenseman with great offensive and defensive upside. In the 20s when it comes to +/- and is able to play both powerplay and penalty kill. Jumped 10 spots from the mid-season to final rankings and I believe he could be a dark horse in the draft and would be a steal if picked any later.

7.) Minnesota Wild- Mat Dumba - Good defenseman with lots of offensive upside. An offensive defenseman is what Minnesota is missing right now and could help their powerplay.

8.) Carolina Hurricanes- Radek Faska - Big power forward with a nose for the net. Could provide some depth for the 'Canes top 6.

9.) Winnipeg Jets- Morgan Rielly - Good puck mover with great speed. Jets need someone like this on their back end.

10.) Tampa Bay Lightning- Griffin Reinhart - With the acquistions at the deadline, adding this big 2-way defenseman could really solidify a strong defensive group for years to come.

11.) Washington Capitals- Teuvo Teravainen - Unless they acquire a big name forward on draft day, they need to help fill whatever gap is being left by forwards who are leaving. Small, speedy, and trustworthy, Teravaunen could be a good addition.

12.) Buffalo Sabres- Brendan Gaunce - Big two-way forward who can put the puck in the net. Exactly what the Sabres need right now. could be a highly touted 2nd or 3rd liner for years to come.

13.) Dallas Stars- Olli Maatta - Strong two-way dman who has speed and agility. Able to fend off star players on opposing teams and could be a useful shutdown man.

14.) Calgary Flames- Sebastian Collberg - Speedy winger would be a great addition to an aging forward lineup.

15.) Ottawa Senators- Jacob Trouba - Good, reliable defenseman could lock up a good young core of players on the back end (Karlsson, Cowen).

16.) Washington Capitals- Slater Koekkoek – Good, big two-way defenseman. Great potential at both ends of the ice. Still needs some work on skating but he plays a very smart game. Potential team leader.

17.) San Jose Sharks- Zemgus Girgensons – Big body forward with skill seems like a trademark in San Jose.

18.) Chicago Blackhawks- Matt Finn – This guy does it all. Good skater, puck mover and isn’t afraid to lay the body. Has improved a lot and will be NHL ready in a couple years.

19.) Tampa Bay Lightning- Malcom Subban – They need a young goalie to be competitive later on. Best in the draft in my opinion.

20.) Philadelphia Flyers- Brady Skjei – They need help in their own end. Responsible player, still needs work on footwork and passing.

21.) Buffalo Sabres- Colton Sissons – Heart and soul player that a team rallies around. Would be a great fit in Buffalo.

22.) Pittsburgh Penguins- Tom Wilson – Big body, mean, and skillful. Great guy to provide energy for a team and wear out opponents with his presence. Pens need a guy like this on their 3rd line.

23.) Florida Panthers- Hampus Lindholm – Skilled Swedish defenseman with great offensive instincts. Needs improvement in his own end but has great potential.

24.) Boston Bruins- Martin Frk – Gritty winger with great hands and vision. Not afraid to rough it up which is something the B’s like. Missed most the season with an injury but a full year in Halifax, who will more than likely contend for the Memorial Cup, will be huge for his development.

25.) St. Louis Blues- Phil Di Guiseppe – Good offensive and defensive instincts. Works well down low, doesn’t panic, and great passer. He fits right into the system that St. Louis plays.

26.) Vancouver Canucks- Scott Kosmachuk – Good goal scorer with grit and good skating ability. Canucks need an actual right winger in their lineup.

27.) Phoenix Coyotes- Pontus Aberg – He would be a great fit in Phoenix. Very speedy and possesses a great shot. Could use his teammates a little more often but has good two-way ability.

28.) New York Rangers- Stefan Matteau – Wouldn’t this be neat. Like father, like son. Character player that can be used in every situation. Still needs work on his skating but he’ll get lots of good experience next year in the QMJHL.

29.) New Jersey Devils- Mike Winther – Great speed, shot, and offensive instincts. 16 goals on the powerplay this season and spent a lot of time on the PK as well. A very strong and competitive player but needs to use his body more and improve play along the boards. Useful in lots of situations.

30.) LA Kings- Scott Laughton – Excellent two-way player. Plays a Mike Richards style of play. He’s extremely competitive and physical and could be an excellent 3rd line center in the NHL. Fits right in to LA if he’s still left on the board.

Curious to see what everyone has to say.


Last edited by Patmac40: 06-08-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Patmac40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 09:09 AM
  #2
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 31,476
vCash: 2498
not bad, somewhat surprised that you have Teravainen falling that far but I could easily see the Canes picking Faksa over him at #8. I'm about 95% convinced that it's going to be one of those two.

Also a bit surprised that of any of the 3 goalies to go in the first you have it as Subban. KHL issues for Vasilevski you think?

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 09:12 AM
  #3
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
 
Patmac40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
not bad, somewhat surprised that you have Teravainen falling that far but I could easily see the Canes picking Faksa over him at #8. I'm about 95% convinced that it's going to be one of those two.

Also a bit surprised that of any of the 3 goalies to go in the first you have it as Subban. KHL issues for Vasilevski you think?
Exactly. I'm not 100% sure if he'll get taken in the first round just for that reason. But hes a great goaltender so who knows, someone might take a shot.

Patmac40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 12:59 PM
  #4
North Metro Peewees
Registered User
 
North Metro Peewees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philly Stupid
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
1.) Edmonton Oilers- Nail Yakupov - No question about it. Best player in the draft and the Oilers could say that they are perfectly fine for top forwards and use roster players to get better defensively.

2.) Columbus Blue Jackets- Filip Forsberg - There's a few ways this pick could go but I believe they will pick Forsberg for offensive prowess and a surprisingly good two-way ability.

3.) Montreal Canadiens- Mikhail Grigorenko - Montreal desperately needs to add size up front and keeping him in La Belle Province will be a good fit.

4.) New York Islanders- Ryan Murray - A steadily improving, young defensive core will provide some good things to come in the next few years.

5.) Toronto Maple Leafs- Alex Galchenyuk - Leafs need a potential 1st line C and this would be a steal at 5th overall.

6.) Anaheim Ducks- Cody Ceci - Possibly surprising pick from looking at the rest of the mocks but he's a big defenseman with great offensive and defensive upside. In the 20s when it comes to +/- and is able to play both powerplay and penalty kill. Jumped 10 spots from the mid-season to final rankings and I believe he could be a dark horse in the draft and would be a steal if picked any later.

7.) Minnesota Wild- Mat Dumba - Good defenseman with lots of offensive upside. An offensive defenseman is what Minnesota is missing right now and could help their powerplay.

8.) Carolina Hurricanes- Radek Faska - Big power forward with a nose for the net. Could provide some depth for the 'Canes top 6.

9.) Winnipeg Jets- Morgan Rielly - Good puck mover with great speed. Jets need someone like this on their back end.

10.) Tampa Bay Lightning- Griffin Reinhart - With the acquistions at the deadline, adding this big 2-way defenseman could really solidify a strong defensive group for years to come.

11.) Washington Capitals- Teuvo Teravainen - Unless they acquire a big name forward on draft day, they need to help fill whatever gap is being left by forwards who are leaving. Small, speedy, and trustworthy, Teravaunen could be a good addition.

12.) Buffalo Sabres- Brendan Gaunce - Big two-way forward who can put the puck in the net. Exactly what the Sabres need right now. could be a highly touted 2nd or 3rd liner for years to come.

13.) Dallas Stars- Olli Maatta - Strong two-way dman who has speed and agility. Able to fend off star players on opposing teams and could be a useful shutdown man.

14.) Calgary Flames- Sebastian Collberg - Speedy winger would be a great addition to an aging forward lineup.

15.) Ottawa Senators- Jacob Trouba - Good, reliable defenseman could lock up a good young core of players on the back end (Karlsson, Cowen).

16.) Washington Capitals- Slater Koekkoek – Good, big two-way defenseman. Great potential at both ends of the ice. Still needs some work on skating but he plays a very smart game. Potential team leader.

17.) San Jose Sharks- Zemgus Girgensons – Big body forward with skill seems like a trademark in San Jose.

18.) Chicago Blackhawks- Matt Finn – This guy does it all. Good skater, puck mover and isn’t afraid to lay the body. Has improved a lot and will be NHL ready in a couple years.

19.) Tampa Bay Lightning- Malcom Subban – They need a young goalie to be competitive later on. Best in the draft in my opinion.

20.) Philadelphia Flyers- Brady Skjei – They need help in their own end. Responsible player, still needs work on footwork and passing.

21.) Buffalo Sabres- Colton Sissons – Heart and soul player that a team rallies around. Would be a great fit in Buffalo.

22.) Pittsburgh Penguins- Tom Wilson – Big body, mean, and skillful. Great guy to provide energy for a team and wear out opponents with his presence. Pens need a guy like this on their 3rd line.

23.) Florida Panthers- Hampus Lindholm – Skilled Swedish defenseman with great offensive instincts. Needs improvement in his own end but has great potential.

24.) Boston Bruins- Martin Frk – Gritty winger with great hands and vision. Not afraid to rough it up which is something the B’s like. Missed most the season with an injury but a full year in Halifax, who will more than likely contend for the Memorial Cup, will be huge for his development.

25.) St. Louis Blues- Phil Di Guiseppe – Good offensive and defensive instincts. Works well down low, doesn’t panic, and great passer. He fits right into the system that St. Louis plays.

26.) Vancouver Canucks- Scott Komaschuk – Good goal scorer with grit and good skating ability. Canucks need an actual right winger in their lineup.

27.) Phoenix Coyotes- Pontus Aberg – He would be a great fit in Phoenix. Very speedy and possesses a great shot. Could use his teammates a little more often but has good two-way ability.

28.) New York Rangers- Stefan Matteau – Wouldn’t this be neat. Like father, like son. Character player that can be used in every situation. Still needs work on his skating but he’ll get lots of good experience next year in the QMJHL.

29.) New Jersey Devils- Mike Winther – Great speed, shot, and offensive instincts. 16 goals on the powerplay this season and spent a lot of time on the PK as well. A very strong and competitive player but needs to use his body more and improve play along the boards. Useful in lots of situations.

30.) LA Kings- Scott Laughton – Excellent two-way player. Plays a Mike Richards style of play. He’s extremely competitive and physical and could be an excellent 3rd line center in the NHL. Fits right in to LA if he’s still left on the board.

Curious to see what everyone has to say.
Only if he exhibits a lack of heart and folds like a tent in big games.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 01:09 PM
  #5
SensPrideSince92
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
That would be my ideal draft, have Trouba fall to Ottawa would be absolutly Awsome.

SensPrideSince92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 02:05 PM
  #6
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,142
vCash: 157
Okay with it.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 02:34 PM
  #7
giza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
Top Notch

Maybe the best one I've seen yet. The 21-25 looks a little suspect, but then again, who knows in the last 1/3rd of the first round. Nice job!

giza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 02:50 PM
  #8
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
 
Patmac40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by giza View Post
Maybe the best one I've seen yet. The 21-25 looks a little suspect, but then again, who knows in the last 1/3rd of the first round. Nice job!
Thanks! And you're right, it was definitely tougher with the later picks because there were a lot of people that could have fit in with some teams that I had passed up.

Patmac40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 03:01 PM
  #9
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
1.) Edmonton Oilers- Nail Yakupov - No question about it. Best player in the draft and the Oilers could say that they are perfectly fine for top forwards and use roster players to get better defensively.

2.) Columbus Blue Jackets- Filip Forsberg - There's a few ways this pick could go but I believe they will pick Forsberg for offensive prowess and a surprisingly good two-way ability.

3.) Montreal Canadiens- Mikhail Grigorenko - Montreal desperately needs to add size up front and keeping him in La Belle Province will be a good fit.

4.) New York Islanders- Ryan Murray - A steadily improving, young defensive core will provide some good things to come in the next few years.

5.) Toronto Maple Leafs- Alex Galchenyuk - Leafs need a potential 1st line C and this would be a steal at 5th overall.

6.) Anaheim Ducks- Cody Ceci - Possibly surprising pick from looking at the rest of the mocks but he's a big defenseman with great offensive and defensive upside. In the 20s when it comes to +/- and is able to play both powerplay and penalty kill. Jumped 10 spots from the mid-season to final rankings and I believe he could be a dark horse in the draft and would be a steal if picked any later.

7.) Minnesota Wild- Mat Dumba - Good defenseman with lots of offensive upside. An offensive defenseman is what Minnesota is missing right now and could help their powerplay.

8.) Carolina Hurricanes- Radek Faska - Big power forward with a nose for the net. Could provide some depth for the 'Canes top 6.

9.) Winnipeg Jets- Morgan Rielly - Good puck mover with great speed. Jets need someone like this on their back end.

10.) Tampa Bay Lightning- Griffin Reinhart - With the acquistions at the deadline, adding this big 2-way defenseman could really solidify a strong defensive group for years to come.

11.) Washington Capitals- Teuvo Teravainen - Unless they acquire a big name forward on draft day, they need to help fill whatever gap is being left by forwards who are leaving. Small, speedy, and trustworthy, Teravaunen could be a good addition.

12.) Buffalo Sabres- Brendan Gaunce - Big two-way forward who can put the puck in the net. Exactly what the Sabres need right now. could be a highly touted 2nd or 3rd liner for years to come.

13.) Dallas Stars- Olli Maatta - Strong two-way dman who has speed and agility. Able to fend off star players on opposing teams and could be a useful shutdown man.

14.) Calgary Flames- Sebastian Collberg - Speedy winger would be a great addition to an aging forward lineup.

15.) Ottawa Senators- Jacob Trouba - Good, reliable defenseman could lock up a good young core of players on the back end (Karlsson, Cowen).

16.) Washington Capitals- Slater Koekkoek – Good, big two-way defenseman. Great potential at both ends of the ice. Still needs some work on skating but he plays a very smart game. Potential team leader.

17.) San Jose Sharks- Zemgus Girgensons – Big body forward with skill seems like a trademark in San Jose.

18.) Chicago Blackhawks- Matt Finn – This guy does it all. Good skater, puck mover and isn’t afraid to lay the body. Has improved a lot and will be NHL ready in a couple years.

19.) Tampa Bay Lightning- Malcom Subban – They need a young goalie to be competitive later on. Best in the draft in my opinion.

20.) Philadelphia Flyers- Brady Skjei – They need help in their own end. Responsible player, still needs work on footwork and passing.

21.) Buffalo Sabres- Colton Sissons – Heart and soul player that a team rallies around. Would be a great fit in Buffalo.

22.) Pittsburgh Penguins- Tom Wilson – Big body, mean, and skillful. Great guy to provide energy for a team and wear out opponents with his presence. Pens need a guy like this on their 3rd line.

23.) Florida Panthers- Hampus Lindholm – Skilled Swedish defenseman with great offensive instincts. Needs improvement in his own end but has great potential.

24.) Boston Bruins- Martin Frk – Gritty winger with great hands and vision. Not afraid to rough it up which is something the B’s like. Missed most the season with an injury but a full year in Halifax, who will more than likely contend for the Memorial Cup, will be huge for his development.

25.) St. Louis Blues- Phil Di Guiseppe – Good offensive and defensive instincts. Works well down low, doesn’t panic, and great passer. He fits right into the system that St. Louis plays.

26.) Vancouver Canucks- Scott Kosmachuk – Good goal scorer with grit and good skating ability. Canucks need an actual right winger in their lineup.

27.) Phoenix Coyotes- Pontus Aberg – He would be a great fit in Phoenix. Very speedy and possesses a great shot. Could use his teammates a little more often but has good two-way ability.

28.) New York Rangers- Stefan Matteau – Wouldn’t this be neat. Like father, like son. Character player that can be used in every situation. Still needs work on his skating but he’ll get lots of good experience next year in the QMJHL.

29.) New Jersey Devils- Mike Winther – Great speed, shot, and offensive instincts. 16 goals on the powerplay this season and spent a lot of time on the PK as well. A very strong and competitive player but needs to use his body more and improve play along the boards. Useful in lots of situations.

30.) LA Kings- Scott Laughton – Excellent two-way player. Plays a Mike Richards style of play. He’s extremely competitive and physical and could be an excellent 3rd line center in the NHL. Fits right in to LA if he’s still left on the board.

Curious to see what everyone has to say.
Dam this is a good job. The Flyers love Brady at 20. I do think that Hertl will go in the top 30. Well done.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 03:42 PM
  #10
chunkbox
Registered User
 
chunkbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Findlay , Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
agreed , great job ! ... would love to see round 2

chunkbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 03:42 PM
  #11
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 15,944
vCash: 500
I don't see Galchenyuk dropping down to 5, and certainly not going ahead of Grigorenko. From all the latest reports, it seems that Grigorenko has dropped in the rankings of quite a few scouts, and if you believe Bobby Mac, maybe for quite a few teams as well.

Also don't see Teravainen slipping out of the top 10 in favor of Faksa.

IMO, for this draft the forward talent is as follows:

Yakupov/Galchenyuk/Forsberg/Grigorenko/Teravainen

Rest


Last edited by Chandrashekhar Limit: 06-08-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 04:00 PM
  #12
DuckJet
HF Bad boy
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 37,157
vCash: 69
Ceci is basically Fowler. Don't know why we'd pass on him in place of Dumba, Trouba (who is 15th? Holy hell), Reinhart, and Maatta. They're better fits for our OFD saturated defensive pool.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 05:23 PM
  #13
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev
 
SixthSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,154
vCash: 605
Trouba falling to the Sens? Yes please!

SixthSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 06:06 PM
  #14
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Not sure that Di Guiseppe is the BPA for the Blues with Hertl still on the board.

Not that I wouldn't like to see Di Guiseppe in the 'Note, but I think Hertl is probably the BPA at 25th in this mock, and Hertl also fills an organizational need (C depth) for the Blues. Di Guiseppe is a scoring winger, and the Blues are pretty deep organizationally in that regard.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 01:22 AM
  #15
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,940
vCash: 152
Can't see Calgary passing on Trouba if he were to be available.

1.BPA
2.Addresses largest need prospect wise

With that said, I wouldn't be upset with Collberg at all should none of the big names drop.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.