HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tampa to trade for Jonathan Bernier?

Old
06-09-2012, 10:07 AM
sayheykid

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
It's not an overpayment but we are sending the 2 best pieces in the deal with Connolly and 10th.
Well, yeah actually it's a gross overpayment. It doesn't matter though because Bernier won't command that kind of return before or after Quick is signed.

sayheykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 10:13 AM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
his last ahl year stats were outstanding he was a allstar in the ahl

200910 Manchester Monarchs

AHL

58 games
30 wins
21 losses
6 ties
3424 mins
116 goal against
9 shutouts
2.03 gav
.936 sav percentage

Leighton, LaBarbara, Clemmensen, Sanford were all amazing AHL goalies as well. I'm not saying Bernier will be a career back-up, just stating the AHL/NHL transition for goalies is just as grey as it is for position players.

I don't know why TB wants a young unproven goalie with their defense in front of him. This has such a huge chance of destroying a young goalie. Janus/Tokarski are still a long ways away, despite their AHL playoff performances. A veteran not 40 years old seems like the way to go for them or a Harding type.

BerSTUzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 10:31 AM
TopT

The Kings will get Connolly and a 1st for Bernier; that was alway the price that Lombardi was asking; if they dont he wont get traded.
Colorado wanted Bernier but the price was to much for therm so they went for Varlamov.

TopT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 10:33 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Before the Kings can trade Bernier, they need to make sure they have Jonathan Quick, Jonathan Quick's kids, grandkids, and entire progeny locked up for eternity.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopT View Post
The Kings will get Connolly and a 1st for Bernier; that was alway the price that Lombardi was asking; if they dont he wont get traded.
Colorado wanted Bernier but the price was to much for therm so they went for Varlamov.
I see Varlamov becoming a better goalie than Bernier.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:46 AM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
I see Varlamov becoming a better goalie than Bernier.
Your opinion is the truth, Sir. Nostradamus

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanOberg View Post
Only way a first and Connolly deal from TB is for Schneider. Vancouver could use the 10th pick to get rights for a good player if they wanted.
I agree, but I didn't want to say that (as far as *our* first) because we had been squawking to keep this thread about Bernier!

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Bernier sat on nhl bench for two years after playing full years in ahl and team canada experience Bernier has more pro experience by far
I guess we should clarify and say game playing experience vs. game watching experience!

Old
06-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Bernier sat on nhl bench for two years
If LA decides to trade Bernier, I'm not sure that they should use this argument as part of their negotiating tactics.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
I understand that Tampa does not want to trade their 10th pick, because they want to draft defensemen.
But this is not Kings problem.
The only other valuable commodity to entice Kings to trade Bernier is Connolly.
Kings are trading from position of power and will not accept mediocre package.
May be better solution from Tampa will be to look for another goalie.
Connolly and Detroit's first (19th) would hardly be mediocre but would require something added by LA.

I don't see Yzerman giving up the 10th for anyone other than Schneider.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
I don't know why TB wants a young unproven goalie with their defense in front of him.
Probably because the GM is also working on fixing the defense.

Old
06-09-2012, 12:00 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopT View Post
The price was actually Ryan Malone earlier in the year, but he wouldn't waive. I know some of you are super excited in thinking you'll get the world for him but it probably won't be the case. You'll get something nice, but not Connolly + 10th +.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
It's not an overpayment but we are sending the 2 best pieces in the deal with Connolly and 10th.
That's just not happening IMO. Maybe on HF board it would happen but I highly highly doubt yzerman would be that dumb.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
The price was actually Ryan Malone earlier in the year, but he wouldn't waive. I know some of you are super excited in thinking you'll get the world for him but it probably won't be the case. You'll get something nice, but not Connolly + 10th +.
If he is traded the value won't be 'fair'. The Kings have no need whatsoever to trade him, and have no weaknesses that need to be addressed in a trade, so the only way he will be traded is if it is a deal Lombardi can't say no to. If that doesn't happen, having Bernier as a backup is a very nice luxury

As good as Connolly could be, he will be stuck on the 3rd line of the Kings for years to come with Williams and Carter singed for a long time, and is it worth trading your best trade-able asset for a 3rd liner?

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Lightning will gladly go in another direction if the price is Connolly and 10.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 01:15 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post
Why would we do that? Horrible asset management, no sane Kings or Lightning fan should expect that.
I wouldn't want to move those assets but SY is obviously going to go hard for a young goalie. The reason the kings would do it is that they aren't losing anything off the winning team except a back up goalie. They don't need anybody NHL ready back so picks will help them restock, and Connolly will replace someone who doesnt get resigned. For Tampa Connolly is probably having to go to get that young goalie, giving up the 10th is hard and we probably wouldn't be getting a D back who has the potential as the 10 but we are paying for the already developed players who'll help us sooner. It's not an ideal situation but SY seems to think Tik/Janus aren't good enough for us.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 01:58 PM
kingsofLA

Quote:
Then a deal won't happen at all unless LA plans on sending Forbert + Loktionov/Muzzin. Connolly+10th+50th for Bernier+Forbert+Loktionov/Muzzin.
If you change the 50th, to the 19th, i could see that as a possiblity.

kingsofLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
I wouldn't want to move those assets but SY is obviously going to go hard for a young goalie. The reason the kings would do it is that they aren't losing anything off the winning team except a back up goalie. They don't need anybody NHL ready back so picks will help them restock, and Connolly will replace someone who doesnt get resigned. For Tampa Connolly is probably having to go to get that young goalie, giving up the 10th is hard and we probably wouldn't be getting a D back who has the potential as the 10 but we are paying for the already developed players who'll help us sooner. It's not an ideal situation but SY seems to think Tik/Janus aren't good enough for us.
The way Yzerman has talked about not trading his top draft picks, why do you think he'd give up the 10th for an unproven goalie? Wouldn't it be far more likely he acquired the 19th to use in a trade?

One thing's for sure, if Yzerman uses the 10th for a goalie, I'll be more than a bit shocked if it's for anyone other than Schneider.

Old
06-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofLA View Post
If you change the 50th, to the 19th, i could see that as a possiblity.
I'd be shocked if SFY gives up the 10th - but both the 10th and 19th? We'd be talking Quick, not Bernier.

He traded for another first round pick for a reason, most here think it was to use in a goalie trade so we could use it and still have a first rounder. IMO there's no way he uses both.

Old
06-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Rschmitz

Connolly, 10th, and 19th? Might as well just deal for price or miller instead of the guy with 48 career nhl games. Probably would be cheaper

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 02:30 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
The way Yzerman has talked about not trading his top draft picks, why do you think he'd give up the 10th for an unproven goalie? Wouldn't it be far more likely he acquired the 19th to use in a trade?

One thing's for sure, if Yzerman uses the 10th for a goalie, I'll be more than a bit shocked if it's for anyone other than Schneider.
I don't want to have to trade the 10th or Connolly but I don't know what the value of a goalie we want actually is. If it is the 10th and Connolly I'd hope we get Schneider too I just think Van isn't moving him no matter the offer. I'd prefer we addressed our D issue first but it's SY's plan so hope he knows what he doing.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 02:50 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 83
Connolly + 10th would fetch a better goalie than Bernier. There's no way Tampa would do that.

Connolly + 19th they would maybe do, and IMO LA should take that deal and run.

IMO should be happy with Connolly for Bernier straight up. I doubt any team will make a better offer.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Could definitely see this.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 02:57 PM
kingsofLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
I'd be shocked if SFY gives up the 10th - but both the 10th and 19th? We'd be talking Quick, not Bernier.

He traded for another first round pick for a reason, most here think it was to use in a goalie trade so we could use it and still have a first rounder. IMO there's no way he uses both.
Quick to us like your Stamkos, that he has a lot of value.
The way I see it:
Bernier>Connely
Forbert=10th
Muzzin/Loktionov<19th

kingsofLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Spice Trader

I think not playing any key games this year really hurt JB value. I know LA was in tough all year to make the playoffs so i know WHY they didnt showcase him.

But If i was tampa id rather send just Connly to van and inquire about LU. Lu is proven reasonable on the books and should be able to get tb into the post season for some revenue with a suspect D if steve y cant fix it all this year.

If LA insists on connly and the 10th or 19th i think TB shops elsewhere.

Spice Trader is offline   Reply With Quote