HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

My June Mock (2 round)

Old
06-04-2012, 11:51 AM
senators4life
TurrisRyanKarlsson

vCash: 500
Great Mock!!

I wouldn't mind Olli Maatta at all but I really hope the local kid Cody Ceci drops to us or Murray pulls something off to move up to pick him up.

senators4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:29 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by senators4life View Post
Great Mock!!

I wouldn't mind Olli Maatta at all but I really hope the local kid Cody Ceci drops to us or Murray pulls something off to move up to pick him up.
It would be a nice story, but the kid has too much talent. You guys would most likely have to move up. I just can't see him dropping that far.

And it's not a guarantee that Ottawa will go for the local boy story, Pittsburgh passed on John Gibson even though he's a hardcore Pens fan.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
In the second round? Jankowski's a first round sleeper for sure. He could even go as high as 14 for all we know, pushing other "sexier" names down.
That is true.

Which means I probably missed his name higher up in your draft.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 02:50 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
That is true.

Which means I probably missed his name higher up in your draft.
I don't think there's much chance Jankowski slips to the second round...but I said the same thing about Saad and Khochlachev last year.

Old
06-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Menwithouthat tricks

I go with the naysayers that says Columbus needs a forward more than a defensemen. And if Columbus were to take Murray, then the Isles would pick Forsberg or Galchenyuk ahead of Rielly.The Islanders already have defensemen in their system for 2-4 years from now. Murray can come in to fit a current need, Rielly isn't as ready. If Murray is gone, then the Isles will go with BPA, which would be Forsberg or Galchenyuk.

Menwithouthat tricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Great mock for Carolina. I'd be ecstatic with Teravainen, Sutter and Vasilevski.

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 05:01 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menwithouthat tricks View Post
I go with the naysayers that says Columbus needs a forward more than a defensemen. And if Columbus were to take Murray, then the Isles would pick Forsberg or Galchenyuk ahead of Rielly.The Islanders already have defensemen in their system for 2-4 years from now. Murray can come in to fit a current need, Rielly isn't as ready. If Murray is gone, then the Isles will go with BPA, which would be Forsberg or Galchenyuk.
It makes enough sense but Rielly would be a great addition and he probably only needs another year. Gally? You guys have Tavares and Strome, but you don't have a guy like Mike Green or Erik Karlsson and Rielly can bring that to the table.

But I did preface my explanation with, NYI is the hardest to predict and it really is true.

And back to CBJ...I mean yeah they could use a defender, but at 2...I can't see them ignoring Murray. Maybe that's just me, but that's the smart thing to do. If they want Forsberg or Galchenyuk they can trade down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
Great mock for Carolina. I'd be ecstatic with Teravainen, Sutter and Vasilevski.
I figured as much. Vasilevski could be a great replacement for Ward in say, another half decade.

Old
06-04-2012, 05:49 PM
HoseEmDown

Perfect draft for Tampa, get Trouba at 10 and Dansk in the 2nd, don't even care about the other picks.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 06:02 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
I would be really happy if this is how the draft turned out. If the Leafs could grab Galchenyuk I'd be happy since it's just a good pick for the team.

No complaints about taking Subban with the second rounder either. The Leafs may have a lot of goalies around, until I see someone step up as a #1 goalie for the Leafs themselves I say keep loading up. No matter who I'd like the Leafs to grab a goalie with that second pick just to keep trying to find the guy who can hold the fort for a long time.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:00 AM
NotOpie
HeDidn'tReallyDoThat

Send a message via Yahoo to NotOpie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
I'd be pretty happy with that as well, although, the more I read about him, peruse other mocks, I think I'd take Phil Di Guiseppe before Lukas Sutter. I do like the Vasilevski pick, but I'd be surprised if we didn't try to hold out for the 3rd round to pick a goalie

NotOpie is offline   Reply With Quote