HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Farewell Zuke! (Signs with KHL)

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2012, 12:25 AM
NewYorkRangers89*

vCash: 500
Only good goal i remember from Zuccarello is the OT winner against Detroit, other than that he sucked.

Old
06-09-2012, 12:48 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Only good goal i remember from Zuccarello is the OT winner against Detroit, other than that he sucked.
OT winner against carolina, or at least i'm pretty sure it was an ot winner where he roofed a backhander over cam ward.

I really don't think he sucked, just didn't add as much as we had hoped for. I thought he was very good on the PP, moves the puck very well. It's just tough in a smaller size rink and he isn't a big guy. The NHL is a more physical league. SEL is a great league but it is nowhere near as tough as the nhl.

Old
06-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Great memory you have kid

Old
06-09-2012, 02:05 AM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Zuccarello stats: 52 games 8 goals 18 assists. Oh yea we really should have resigned that game breaker!
Which averages to about .5 PPG. I don't know about you but a 40 point 3rd liner for 2 mil or so would be a great addition to this team.

Old
06-09-2012, 02:12 AM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Zuccarello stats: 52 games 8 goals 18 assists. Oh yea we really should have resigned that game breaker!
There is such a player Martin St. Louis. In his first two seasons his stats were: 69 games 4 goals 16 assists. And he was 25 after his second season...

Old
06-09-2012, 03:42 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
There is such a player Martin St. Louis. In his first two seasons his stats were: 69 games 4 goals 16 assists. And he was 25 after his second season...
heh... that's pretty funny as a matter of fact... and we didn't want to give this kid a chance... i still will never realize what people had against him. i didn't think his defensive game was that much of a liability... his game increased exponentially when he returned. i think he could handle top 6 minutes on this team going forward... oh well, hopefully he comes back in a year or two and somebody grabs him and he scores the goal that kicks us out of the playoffs .

Old
06-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
OT winner against carolina, or at least i'm pretty sure it was an ot winner where he roofed a backhander over cam ward.

I really don't think he sucked, just didn't add as much as we had hoped for. I thought he was very good on the PP, moves the puck very well. It's just tough in a smaller size rink and he isn't a big guy. The NHL is a more physical league. SEL is a great league but it is nowhere near as tough as the nhl.
i felt he needed to get stronger and better defensively/away from the puck...and his last call up before his injury, he proved to me at least he HAD made those improvements! That's why I really thought he'd be back next season, and most likely get/win a roster spot...but good luck to him

...I will say this and don't laugh, but I can somewhat connect with him, in high school i made JV my freshman yr, sophmore year i thought i was sure to make varsity and a lot of other parents thought the same (was on JV again), then junior year same story, senior year I hung it up being discouraged enough I focused my energies on other extra curriculars, which helped me to get to/through college and make me the person I am, so in a way it worked, but who knows what would have happened if I gave it one more year, i did lace the skates back up my freshman year of college and play mens league until I got out of college (even tried out for the UMaine Black Bears team my senior year)...anyhoo all I am trying to say is I can relate somewhat to zucc, this guy gets continued praise and support from everyone except the head coach of the big team and you reach a breaking point, I would have hoped he gave it one my shot, but I understand

Old
06-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
its been in the back of my head...i think torts knows that, and feels zucc will get there...it would not surprise me if the rangers retain his rights...plus here is the other HUGE advantage now, Paul Maurice (who i consider a very good coach) is coaching zucc, this will get zucc the playing time he wants PLUS teach him even more about the game and then have a chance to come back and play with the rangers next season with his supposedly NHL out clause, i think slats set this up on purpose

Old
06-09-2012, 06:46 AM
Old Norse Hockey

Quote:
He would never have been as good as St.Louis, that comparison is just ridiculous.

Old
06-09-2012, 07:51 AM
fredrikstad

[QUOTE=mooskating;50687711]heh... that's pretty funny as a matter of fact... and we didn't want to give this kid a chance... i still will never realize what people had against him. i didn't think his defensive game was that much of a liability... his game increased exponentially when he returned. i think he could handle top 6 minutes on this team going forward... oh well, hopefully he comes back in a year or two and somebody grabs him and he scores the goal that kicks us out of the playoffs .[QUOTE]

Very smart, NOT
Why do you come to Rangers forum and write things like that?

Last edited by fredrikstad: 06-10-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old
06-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
heh... that's pretty funny as a matter of fact... and we didn't want to give this kid a chance... i still will never realize what people had against him. i didn't think his defensive game was that much of a liability... his game increased exponentially when he returned. i think he could handle top 6 minutes on this team going forward... oh well, hopefully he comes back in a year or two and somebody grabs him and he scores the goal that kicks us out of the playoffs .
Very smart, NOT
Why do you come to Rangers forum and write things like that?
why do you have to take things so seriously? it was a joke. get over it... while you're at it learn to quote. brackets are code. you can't break it. i can appreciate the borat humor though

Old
06-09-2012, 09:57 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Going back to a big ice surface is the worst thing he could do right now. He'll likely slip back into the habits and playing style he had before he came here. Even if he racks up a ton of points in the KHL, it'll stunt his NHL progression if he ever tries to come back.

RANGERS =
Old
06-09-2012, 11:26 AM
TrueBlueNorwegian

I have been reading a lot of peoples opinions on this matter and I feel like saying a few words. I dont often post here anymore, but I read these boards every day. And let me just say that I was on board here long before Zucc signed with the Rangers.

What I am really sick of are these Norwegians who ***** and whine about playing in the AHL and how they seem like they think that they are automatically intitled to one way contracts when their ELC's expire. "oh, I want a one way contract" "The AHL is a grarage league" "im not doing another year like this" yada yada yada.
Patrick Thoresen, Mathis Olimb, Jonas HolÝs, and now of all people Zucc are whining back to europe to collect a paycheque. These guys were given opportunities that most Hockeyplayers in the World, let alone in Norway, would die to get.

The only player from Norway in recent years that I felt went about things the right way, was Ole-Kristian Tollefsen. He paid his dues in the AHL before he came up to the bigs with the Blue Jackets. Never complained about anything and just went about his business and worked hard to reach his goals. The only reason he went back to Europe was because his body was a wreck. He played an insanely physical style and he didnt care about protecting himself on the ice. That took its toll on his body and he wanted to take a couple years off and play in a less physically demanding league. I played a littlebit with this guy before he went over to N.A so I know just how tough this guy is. I dont even know how many injuries and surgeries he suffered through while in the WHL, AHL and NHL. Tollefsen is a true warrior and he is a great example for young kids in our country. This guy will be back in the NHL some day for sure!
He did it the right way, just like most other north american hockey players. Pay your dues and you will get your chance if you work hard,. Im not saying that Zucc didnt work hard, he certainly did and he probably deserved a legitimate shot. However i am very disappointed that he got so impatient, whined about not wanting to come back on a two way deal and rushed to sign a contract in that disgusting league they call the KHL. Now thats a true garage league right there.
Norwegian hockey needs players in the NHL, not that bum league KHL.

Some people are probably gonna blast me for this. Fire away, I don't care. This is my sincere opinion.

Last edited by TrueBlueNorwegian: 06-09-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old
06-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
I have been reading a lot of peoples opinions on this matter and I feel like saying a few words. I dont often post here anymore, but I read these boards every day. And let me just say that I was on board here long before Zucc signed with the Rangers.

What I am really sick of are these Norwegians who ***** and whine about playing in the AHL and how they seem like they think that they are automatically intitled to one way contracts when their ELC's expire. "oh, I want a one way contract" "The AHL is a grarage league" "im not doing another year like this" yada yada yada.
Patrick Thoresen, Mathis Olimb, Jonas HolÝs, and now of all people Zucc are whining back to europe to collect a paycheque. These guys were given opportunities that most Hockeyplayers in the World, let alone in Norway, would die to get.

The only player from Norway in recent years that I felt went about things the right way, was Ole-Kristian Tollefsen. He paid his dues in the AHL before he came up to the bigs with the Blue Jackets. Never complained about anything and just went about his business and worked hard to reach his goals. The only reason he went back to Europe was because his body was a wreck. He played an insanely physical style and he didnt care about protecting himself on the ice. That took its toll on his body and he wanted to take a couple years off and play in a less physically demanding league. I played a littlebit with this guy before he went over to N.A so I know just how tough this guy is. I dont even know how many injuries and surgeries he suffered through while in the WHL, AHL and NHL. Tollefsen is a true warrior and he is a great example for young kids in our country. This guy will be back in the NHL some day for sure!
He did it the right way, just like most other north american hockey players. Pay your dues and you will get your chance if you work hard,. Im not saying that Zucc didnt work hard, he certainly did and he probably deserved a legitimate shot. However i am very disappointed that he got so impatient, whined about not wanting to come back on a two way deal and rushed to sign a contract in that disgusting league they call the KHL. Now thats a true garage league right there.

Some people are probably gonna blast me for this. Fire away, I don't care. This is my sincere opinion.
well said... swayed my opinion.

Old
06-09-2012, 12:40 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Zuccarello may have natural skill comparable to St. Louis, but he couldn't come close in terms of speed. That was the thing that made it tough for Zuccarello in the NHL--he didn't have the great speed to help compensate for his lack of stature.

I still think he can be a decent player at the NHL level though.

It's just pain.
Old
06-09-2012, 01:29 PM
KenGuru

Quote:

Yes, maybe you are right. But when I see what kind of forwards NYR have I am surprised Zuccarello did not get more chanses. Callahan, Richards and Gaborik are quality but the rest dont impress me. How many points did Hagelin put up after christmas ? Or Anisimov ? But let us put this to rest. Zuccarello never fitted into the system that Torts want. He should have never gone to NYR. Blocking shots is not a quality that he has.

Old
06-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

I said it before and say it til I'm blue in the face (Or til someone listens...lol)

I think the final F U Rangers for zuke straw that broke the camels back was when zuke was not dressed for game 6 vs devs...

We had a chance to play a fresh playmaker that devs was not familiar with that has scored against them before, puts the team first, backchecks like a mo fo and doesn't back down. But Torts decided to play an injured player instead.

Zuke could've wreck havock out there with tape to tape passes but we played with several players that just skated along trying not to get noticed.

I'm not saying he would've won the series and the cup for us, but why the buck sit such a creative player when we needed just that..

So I think zuke's agent decided to shop around and informed him of the money he was missing out on at the right time and frame of mind. Zuke was likely pissed of enough to sign that khl deal as he said it was heartbreaking to leave NYR..

Old
06-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

In 3 weeks he will be a UFA, he has a NHL out clause in his KHL contract...
He will be playing NHL hockey next season i am 95% certain

Old
06-09-2012, 06:57 PM
sfox7076

The Rangers will qualify him so they get at least a pick if he goes elsewhere.

Old
06-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfox7076 View Post
The Rangers will qualify him so they get at least a pick if he goes elsewhere.
I dont know if they are, according to Zipay they wont:

Quote:
Steve Zipay‏@stevezipay

Zuke has signed with KHL/Mettalurg RT @glennsoe: @stevezipay Is there a chance Rangers gives a QO to zuke to gain his NHL rights?

9:40 PM - 4 Jun 12via TweetDeck ∑ Details
and he continues:

Quote:
Steve Zipay‏@stevezipay

Not happening RT @jeffu822: @stevezipay he is saying offer a QO to retain his NHL rights

9:42 PM - 4 Jun 12via TweetDeck ∑ Details

Old
06-09-2012, 07:11 PM
nyrleetch

I hope he stays in the NHL. Really enjoyed watching him play.

Old
06-09-2012, 09:14 PM
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!

Quote:

Agreed on everything, except your view on Tollefsen, but thats another discussion (he is more, almost perfect, for playing that passive defender role on larger rinks, and not that "in your face" you have to play in the NHL IMO).

With that said, Zuke is better than ever and could probably stick around as a 3rd liner/designated PP-Player on this team.

With the free space he will get in the KHL, he would probably tear that league up with some decent line mates. The irony, however, is that with Maurice as his coach in the KHL he will once again have to play a 2-way game to earn his minutes, something he couldnt, or for that matter, wasnt asked to do in his whole career prior to his stint with The Rangers.

GL Mats, I wil always cheer for ya, but I'm dissapointed you wouldnt finnish what you started in the NHL, you were almost there. And 26 year old (when your contract expires) UFA's from the KHL are extremely rare signed to the NHL, so I guess this was your chance.

... oh, and please get yourself a new agent, that Ryman dude is probably the most braindead guy I ever heard talking to the media. When was the last time an agent succssfully whined his client into the line up during media?

Old
06-10-2012, 02:24 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I still think he can be a decent player at the NHL level though.
Fast forward five years and we'll still be looking at the above statement.

I think it too a good 3 years for the threads about Immonen to stop, and he does not have any where near Zuccs Q factor.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:13 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:

I agreed in your opinion, but it`s hard to not understand MZA for wanting to insure his economic future.
Look at Holtet. Got his skates wet in 4 years in AHL. MZA could not be sure getting a chance to earn money in NA,so I fully understand his choice.

And Tollefsen. Stated several times that there will be no more minors for him,AHL is a garage league and that MZA should not have to play there.
You can search it all up on Tolles Twitter acount

Old
06-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
why do you have to take things so seriously? it was a joke. get over it... while you're at it learn to quote. brackets are code. you can't break it. i can appreciate the borat humor though
I found it funny.

Specifically, the thought of Zuccarello playing on an NHL team capable of beating the Rangers in the playoffs is LOL-worthy.

Closed Thread