HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Moncton Wildcats

Old
06-07-2012, 12:34 PM
johnnydrum

vCash: 500
I was so impressed by Zlobin in what I saw of him watching footage of the Mem Cup, he looks as deadly as anyone.
Has there been any further word on him coming to Moncton?

WildcatMapleLeafs28: Has Nikushkin confirmed that he would come over if drafted?
Is there any link?

I am dizzy at the thought of him playing in the CHL ,after seeing his perfprmance at the U-17.

johnnydrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 04:14 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
I was so impressed by Zlobin in what I saw of him watching footage of the Mem Cup, he looks as deadly as anyone.
Has there been any further word on him coming to Moncton?

WildcatMapleLeafs28: Has Nikushkin confirmed that he would come over if drafted?
Is there any link?

I am dizzy at the thought of him playing in the CHL ,after seeing his perfprmance at the U-17.
I havnt heard any news on the Zlobin deal with Shawinigan and unfortunately I couldnt find the link. Nichuskin s agent had confirmed he wants to play in north america and will report to whatever team that drafts him. For Flynn to make this blockbuster trade to get the 1st overall euro pick , he definately has confirmation. But that confirmation was made public by his agent. They would be a dynamic duo thats for sure !

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 04:47 PM
johnnydrum

Exciting times in Moncton then!

As I am very interested in the Euros, I was talking Imports to a fan in Belleville, and thought, that with Moncton featuring prominantly in this years, that you may find it interesting:

He`s essentially looking at the 2013 Draft--so theres players on his list that are already wth CHL teams, but also gives a brief look at the better Euros that played in the Windsor tourney (again, huge praise to the original author Mr Kyle Andrew Busch)

http://thecheckingline.com/blog/kyle...nt-top-players

Andre Burakowsky (Sweden - Malmo, SEL)Burakowsky was a member of the top line on Sweden, and has a lethal wrist shot. He does it almost as good as Ovechkin/Kessel. He's tall and lanky, and with some muscle building he can fill out and be a fast power forward.

Leon Bristedt (Sweden - Linkopings, SEL)Bristedt is in the Ohman mold and will likely be taken after him as well, but he has the same skill set. The only knock is that he's 5'8, but he's still taller than Martin St. Louis and Nathan Gerbe.

Leon Draisaitl (Germany - Mannheim, DNL)Draisaitl was the best player on a weak German team. He scored 97 goals in 20 games in the DNL league, along with over 200 points. He didn't have a lot of help in Windsor.

Sergei Tolchinski (Russia - CSKA Moskow, RUS)Tolchinski is 5'7 and a buck fifty. Not NHL size at all, but his skills are second to none. Igor Larionov is his agent, so that speaks volumes.

Valeri Nichushkin (Russia, Traktor Chelyabinsk, RUS)Nichushkin is the fastest skater in Russia under the age of 20. No joke - he beat a player that started at the far blueline and he was it the other blueline. He's also a giant and if he fills out he could be a poor man's Evgeni Malkin.

Anton Cederholm (Sweden - Rogle, SEL)Big defenceman that screams Victor Hedman. He doesn't score, but he's a stay at home guy that makes the simple play and has a high plus-minus.

Robert Hagg (Sweden - MODO, SEL)Hagg scored two goals in one period against Quebec, showing he can contribute offensively, but his real forte is creating space and making a great first pass.

Goalies
Nikita Serebryakov (Russia, Dynamo Moscow, RUS)Serebryakov was the best goalie in the tournament. He's built and moves like Ilya Bryzgalov, but plays more like Evgeny Nabokov in his prime.

Ebbe Sionas (Sweden - AIK, SEL)The Swedish goalie played all but one game and was solid throughout, even when his team faltered, he gave them a chance to win over superior opponents.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:13 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatmapleleafs28 View Post
so..

Dubeau(18)
thibeau(19)

downe(20) melindy(19)
emond(19) racine(19)
roussy(18) mcgurty(18)
wood(18) sweeney(17)

veilleux(19) saulnier(20) saulnier(20)
penny(18) euro valeri nickuskin
lalonde(18) robichaud(19) johnston(18)
tremaine(18) hodge(17) deruelle(19)
centis-jorge(17)malone(18)

odd men out:

Maxime pitre(17) trade bait
jordan labbe(17) trade bait
julien belliveau(18) trade bait

brandon shea (17) neil hodge confirmed he wants to play in the q and danny flynn stated he wants to move him as soon as possible , most likely at the draft. Hopefully moncton get get a 2nd line winger for the euro line

cameron mcdonald(19) going to be hard to move, jr.a
charles johnson(19) released, will play jr.a
belliveau is 17

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 06:38 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Exciting times in Moncton then!

As I am very interested in the Euros, I was talking Imports to a fan in Belleville, and thought, that with Moncton featuring prominantly in this years, that you may find it interesting:

He`s essentially looking at the 2013 Draft--so theres players on his list that are already wth CHL teams, but also gives a brief look at the better Euros that played in the Windsor tourney (again, huge praise to the original author Mr Kyle Andrew Busch)

http://thecheckingline.com/blog/kyle...nt-top-players

Andre Burakowsky (Sweden - Malmo, SEL)Burakowsky was a member of the top line on Sweden, and has a lethal wrist shot. He does it almost as good as Ovechkin/Kessel. He's tall and lanky, and with some muscle building he can fill out and be a fast power forward.

Leon Bristedt (Sweden - Linkopings, SEL)Bristedt is in the Ohman mold and will likely be taken after him as well, but he has the same skill set. The only knock is that he's 5'8, but he's still taller than Martin St. Louis and Nathan Gerbe.

Leon Draisaitl (Germany - Mannheim, DNL)Draisaitl was the best player on a weak German team. He scored 97 goals in 20 games in the DNL league, along with over 200 points. He didn't have a lot of help in Windsor.

Sergei Tolchinski (Russia - CSKA Moskow, RUS)Tolchinski is 5'7 and a buck fifty. Not NHL size at all, but his skills are second to none. Igor Larionov is his agent, so that speaks volumes.

Valeri Nichushkin (Russia, Traktor Chelyabinsk, RUS)Nichushkin is the fastest skater in Russia under the age of 20. No joke - he beat a player that started at the far blueline and he was it the other blueline. He's also a giant and if he fills out he could be a poor man's Evgeni Malkin.

Anton Cederholm (Sweden - Rogle, SEL)Big defenceman that screams Victor Hedman. He doesn't score, but he's a stay at home guy that makes the simple play and has a high plus-minus.

Robert Hagg (Sweden - MODO, SEL)Hagg scored two goals in one period against Quebec, showing he can contribute offensively, but his real forte is creating space and making a great first pass.

Goalies
Nikita Serebryakov (Russia, Dynamo Moscow, RUS)Serebryakov was the best goalie in the tournament. He's built and moves like Ilya Bryzgalov, but plays more like Evgeny Nabokov in his prime.

Ebbe Sionas (Sweden - AIK, SEL)The Swedish goalie played all but one game and was solid throughout, even when his team faltered, he gave them a chance to win over superior opponents.
Thanks alot for the info. There were a couple I didnt know anything about other than their position..

Old
06-07-2012, 06:39 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
belliveau is 17
Edited.

Old
06-08-2012, 10:22 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Shawinigan trade is now official as well as the 1st overall Euro pick from Sherbrooke. In another minor trade Moncton sent Charles Johnson to CHICOUTIMI for a 7th round pick. Heres the link..

http://theqmjhl.ca/roster/transactions

Old
06-08-2012, 10:35 AM
johnnydrum

Hello there...
So following comfirmation of the Moncton-Shawinigan trades today, am I to presume that Zlobin remains with the Cataractes afterall?

Old
06-08-2012, 11:10 AM
xMenace

Quote:
Hello there...
So following comfirmation of the Moncton-Shawinigan trades today, am I to presume that Zlobin remains with the Cataractes afterall?
Ask again this time tomorrow.

It's a very good looking rooster, but probably not quite elite. I'm expecting a Zlobin trade or something similar.

xMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:37 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Hello there...
As of right now. However, I hear that Moncton and Shawinigan are working on a completly seperate deal but only time will tell. Brandon Shea confirmed he wants to play in the QMJHL next season , just not in a Moncton uniform. Danny Flynn confirmed hes trying to trade Shea and wants to do it sooner rather than later. Moncton also traded Shawinigans 22nd overall euro pick back to Shawinigan to complete the Dubeau , Veilleux , Racine trade. That would speculate Moncton is getting a their second euro via-trade. I would assume it will be Brandon Shea plus a young defenceman (Moncton has a surplus of D) headed to Shawinigan for Zlobin and it will most likely take place tomorrow at the draft. We will hopefully know come this time tomorrow ! My fingers are crossed

Old
06-08-2012, 04:00 PM
GETYOURFACTSSTRAIGHT

Interesting!

GETYOURFACTSSTRAIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 04:07 PM
GETYOURFACTSSTRAIGHT

Obviously Flynn will try to acquire some scoring depth via trade , free agents or at the euro draft. Thats the teams weakness and number one concern heading to the draft and they have a decent amount of picks they can use to trade.

I do know that Flynn was in Montreal last week or so meeting with Anthony Deluca. He pressed him hard to go to the Q. Don't be surprised if he is your first pick.

GETYOURFACTSSTRAIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 04:13 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETYOURFACTSSTRAIGHT View Post
Obviously Flynn will try to acquire some scoring depth via trade , free agents or at the euro draft. Thats the teams weakness and number one concern heading to the draft and they have a decent amount of picks they can use to trade.

I do know that Flynn was in Montreal last week or so meeting with Anthony Deluca. He pressed him hard to go to the Q. Don't be surprised if he is your first pick.
Hmmm, very intresting. News to me. Thanks for the info.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:58 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quiet day at the draft through round 1. Danny Flynn and company havnt left their seats..

Old
06-09-2012, 11:20 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Moncton take , with their first choice in the 2012 draft, #26 overall..F Gabriel Gagne from Select du Nord , Espoir

Old
06-09-2012, 11:26 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

No Zlobin...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:30 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
No Zlobin...
I heard

Old
06-09-2012, 11:35 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

I suspect Moncton will try to move up with their second euro pick (83rd) and draft a second euro..

Old
06-09-2012, 11:53 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Moncton drafts D Tanner McCabe (#43) and F Josh Pugsley (#45) in the 3rd round..

Old
06-09-2012, 12:32 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Moncton moves up and take Stephen Johnson at #59 and Liam Hynes at #63

Old
06-09-2012, 02:05 PM
johnnydrum

Fiddlesticks! Really wanted to follow Zlobin in Moncton, just so I could tune into the English audio feed.

So, with todays picks, trades etc, what exactley does the Moncton line up look like, today?
Are the Wildcats fans bouyant?

Old
06-09-2012, 03:52 PM
76ftw

vCash: 50
They should be, but a lot of them are upset because we've traded away a lot of future assets for a chance to go for it this year.

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 04:45 PM
McLovin25
Eberle=Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
So..

DUBEAU(18)
THIBEAU(19)

DOWNE(20) MELINDY(19)
EMOND(19) RACINE(19)
ROUSSY(18) MCGURTY(18)
WOOD(18) SWEENEY(17)

VEILLEUX(19) SAULNIER(20) SAULNIER(20)
PENNY(18) EURO Valeri Nickuskin
LALONDE(18) ROBICHAUD(19) JOHNSTON(18)
TREMAINE(18) HODGE(17) DERUELLE(19)
CENTIS-JORGE(17)MALONE(18)

ODD MEN OUT:

MAXIME PITRE(17) TRADE BAIT
JORDAN LABBE(17) TRADE BAIT
JULIEN BELLIVEAU(17) TRADE BAIT

BRANDON SHEA (17) NEIL HODGE CONFIRMED HE WANTS TO PLAY IN THE Q AND DANNY FLYNN STATED HE WANTS TO MOVE HIM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE , MOST LIKELY AT THE DRAFT. HOPEFULLY MONCTON GET GET A 2ND LINE WINGER FOR THE EURO LINE

CAMERON MCDONALD(19) GOING TO BE HARD TO MOVE, JR.A
CHARLES JOHNSON(19) RELEASED, WILL PLAY JR.A
So your expecting Ross Johnson to make the Cats this year? Just making sure its the right guy.

McLovin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 06:20 PM
76ftw

vCash: 50
he made it last year...?

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 06:46 PM
johnnydrum

Sorry to keep highjacking this thread to champion my favourite "Euros", but I did find this link today (apologies if you have seen it already)
http://allhockey.ru/news/125156/

Translated, via Googles "translator", it appears to read
".. Valeri Nichushkin - the leader and captain of the Russian 1995, to sign a contract with one of the OHL club (I take it they mean CHL) and will make his way into the National Hockey League through the junior league..."