HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JvR for Del Zotto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-09-2012, 04:57 PM
  #26
JC704
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
Ranger fan here, I am mostly a reader and rarely ever post, but I came here to say I would gladly add something to pursue a MDZ/JVR swap. I think it works extremely well for both teams. MDZ would make less $ on his 2nd contract (most likely in the 3-3.5 range, could be more/less). This allows you guys to replace Carle (whom I see Flyers fans aren't that fond of to begin with). The Rangers need a scoring W and JVR can provide us that on a very good deal. That deal being the reason why I would add from a NYR perspective. I don't know if JVR will ever reach his true potential, but I think he's still got a good amount of it left to tap into. If it meant adding something else I would.

In terms of prospects the Rangers have a guy Christian Thomas, former 50 goal scorer in the OHL and scored 30+ this past season. He may be redundant to Read, but with the talent PHI has at C, he could end up being in the mold of a guy like Briere where he is able to get 20 consistently. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'd be willing to part with this year's 1st rounder to add to Del zotto, so long as something was coming back, maybe even say a 3rd round pick?

To NYR:
JVR
PHI 2012 3rd Rounder

for

To PHI:
MDZ
NYR 2012 1st Rounder/)Christian Thomas or another prospect + a mid round pick)

I'll admit, I'm not as high as Del Zotto on some, but I think he's a great puck mover and good physically for what he brings. Ideally, he's perfect where he is now, as a second pairing guy. Also if Philly goes after Suter, realistically their D next season could be:

Suter/Timmo
MDZ/Coburn or Grossman
Coburn or Grossman/Mesz

As a Ranger fan I know JVR has more value, but I think something like this could help both teams a lot. Please be free to answer, I'm here to debate. I know something like this would never happen ever. lol

JC704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 10:44 PM
  #27
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers28 View Post
What do you guys think of this deal. Each team might have to add something, but im not to sure of the rangers prospects. Let me know what you guys think.
Del Zotto sucks. That is what I think. The guy is a turnover waiting to happen.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:48 PM
  #28
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC704 View Post
Ranger fan here, I am mostly a reader and rarely ever post, but I came here to say I would gladly add something to pursue a MDZ/JVR swap. I think it works extremely well for both teams. MDZ would make less $ on his 2nd contract (most likely in the 3-3.5 range, could be more/less). This allows you guys to replace Carle (whom I see Flyers fans aren't that fond of to begin with). The Rangers need a scoring W and JVR can provide us that on a very good deal. That deal being the reason why I would add from a NYR perspective. I don't know if JVR will ever reach his true potential, but I think he's still got a good amount of it left to tap into. If it meant adding something else I would.

In terms of prospects the Rangers have a guy Christian Thomas, former 50 goal scorer in the OHL and scored 30+ this past season. He may be redundant to Read, but with the talent PHI has at C, he could end up being in the mold of a guy like Briere where he is able to get 20 consistently. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'd be willing to part with this year's 1st rounder to add to Del zotto, so long as something was coming back, maybe even say a 3rd round pick?

To NYR:
JVR
PHI 2012 3rd Rounder

for

To PHI:
MDZ
NYR 2012 1st Rounder/)Christian Thomas or another prospect + a mid round pick)

I'll admit, I'm not as high as Del Zotto on some, but I think he's a great puck mover and good physically for what he brings. Ideally, he's perfect where he is now, as a second pairing guy. Also if Philly goes after Suter, realistically their D next season could be:

Suter/Timmo
MDZ/Coburn or Grossman
Coburn or Grossman/Mesz

As a Ranger fan I know JVR has more value, but I think something like this could help both teams a lot. Please be free to answer, I'm here to debate. I know something like this would never happen ever. lol
How about JVR + Wellwood/Cousins for MDZ + Erixon?

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:10 AM
  #29
JC704
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
How about JVR + Wellwood/Cousins for MDZ + Erixon?
I think the reason we'd look to talk of a trade involving Del Zotto in the first place is because we have Erixon behind him, so I don't know if that would work. We also dealt 2 2nds and a guy who may make Calgary's roster next year for Erixon, so we definitely have a lot invested in him. I don't know too much about Wellwood, but from what I think I remember watching our games this year he was on the 4th line? Is that what he is? Because I don't think he'd fit in with us looking to sign Prust and having capable guys who know the system like Anisimov and Boyle who can slide down there if need be. It's a shame Sauer was injured and may not play again because that makes the next guy in line McIlwrath even harder to discuss too. That's why I brought up Thomas, he's probably the best potential goal scorer outside of Kreider (who wouldn't be dealt) that we have in the organization, I'd talk JT Miller, but probably reluctantly, to the point where I wouldn't want to make the deal. I personally would do MDZ + our 2012 1st rounder (28) for JVR because I sincerely feel he's worth that, BUT I don't know many NYR fans who'd agree with that.

JC704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:32 AM
  #30
BrindamoursNose
Registered User
 
BrindamoursNose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,782
vCash: 500
Kreider?........


BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:42 AM
  #31
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,946
vCash: 500
How about MDZ and McIlrath? The Flyers could use a big mean defenseman. JVR+Cousins for the two of them?

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 02:12 AM
  #32
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
How about MDZ and McIlrath? The Flyers could use a big mean defenseman. JVR+Cousins for the two of them?
I'd be ok with either MDZ + McIlrath/Erixon. So long as it helps our defensive core, I think we can make JVR expendable.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 08:46 AM
  #33
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28
 
Giroux 4 MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
I wouldnt do it im not a fan of del zotto at all, I would rather him be traded out of division as well

Giroux 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:33 AM
  #34
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Carle outscored MDZ this year. And the previous year IIRC. They are virtually the same player. Good passer, terrible defensive qualities etc. MDZ has a better shot but that's it.
Actually Del Zotto scored more points this season and in the playoffs than Carle. And this was on a team that scores significantly less than Philadelphia. MDZ is definitely not a terrible defensive player. He is inconsistent at times like all other young defensemen. You're pretty misinformed about Del Zotto since his shot sucks and never hits target, but he is a crafty player in the offensive zone that needs more confidence with his decision making.

Oh and DZ had more points than JVR. Just saying....

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:43 PM
  #35
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Actually Del Zotto scored more points this season and in the playoffs than Carle. And this was on a team that scores significantly less than Philadelphia. MDZ is definitely not a terrible defensive player. He is inconsistent at times like all other young defensemen. You're pretty misinformed about Del Zotto since his shot sucks and never hits target, but he is a crafty player in the offensive zone that needs more confidence with his decision making.

Oh and DZ had more points than JVR. Just saying....
Well thats not hard to do when one played 44 more games than the other...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 01:01 PM
  #36
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Well thats not hard to do when one played 44 more games than the other...
Their PPGs are almost identical. However one is a defenseman while other is a forward.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 01:18 PM
  #37
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Their PPGs are almost identical. However one is a defenseman while other is a forward.
JVR had 24 points compared to 41 for MDZ...because JVR was out almost all year.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 01:18 PM
  #38
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Their PPGs are almost identical. However one is a defenseman while other is a forward.
One also was playing through an injury for close to what 15 games? I am FAR (and I mean far) from a JVR supporter, but lets not compare PPG where one player played 77 games and the other 43. JVR hits a hot streak and he easy has a better ppg.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 01:22 PM
  #39
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 50
No thanks. We need a more defensive minded defender.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 01:27 PM
  #40
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
One also was playing through an injury for close to what 15 games? I am FAR (and I mean far) from a JVR supporter, but lets not compare PPG where one player played 77 games and the other 43. JVR hits a hot streak and he easy has a better ppg.
Fair enough.

But why would coaches let him play through injuries?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 01:34 PM
  #41
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Fair enough.

But why would coaches let him play through injuries?
I'd quit while you can. JVR was playing through 4 seperate injuries. This all came to light at the end of the season when the flyers released the information regarding the surgeries that he is having right now.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 01:38 PM
  #42
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
4 separate injuries? That's a bit concerning for a young player, no?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 01:44 PM
  #43
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,406
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
If we are trading JVR, there are other defenders I'd go after before MDZ.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 03:12 PM
  #44
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
4 separate injuries? That's a bit concerning for a young player, no?
In one season? Not really. Guess we should worry about Giroux too. Two bum wrists, a concussion and a hamstring pull.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 04:18 PM
  #45
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
In one season? Not really. Guess we should worry about Giroux too. Two bum wrists, a concussion and a hamstring pull.
Giroux only missed 5 games this year. Not really comparable.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 06:58 PM
  #46
tuckrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Jvr is a tough cookie. When he came back against Pittsburgh he skated well. After the game though, you could see he couldn't walk on his foot.
He wants to prove all the doubters wrong, you can see it...he's just had terrible luck.

I think this is his year (I consider playoffs part of the year..who needs the regular season?)

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 10:20 PM
  #47
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28
 
Giroux 4 MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Wouldn't trade him in division to a huge rival unless they over pay by tons and tons

Giroux 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:57 PM
  #48
usualsuspect434
Registered User
 
usualsuspect434's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
JVR grew up a Ranger fan, so I'm sure he'd be open to this....

But as a Flyer fan, I would be far more interested in other Ranger d-men than MDZ. Again though, I think it would be a mistake to get rid of JVR at this point. Give it a year or two and his value will be MUCH higher (can't get much lower than it is right now, can it...??).

usualsuspect434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:06 PM
  #49
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,200
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Their PPGs are almost identical. However one is a defenseman while other is a forward.
Throughout the season, he's had a concussion and a broken foot off a blocked shot.

He's also played rumored to have played through Hip/Labrum problems all year long. Pretty sure I saw somewhere he had an abdominal injury this year as well, but I could be completely off base.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.