HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Part V | Marlies vs Admirals | Marlies done.

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2012, 05:13 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

vCash: 500
Congrats to Norfolk, first team to win the Calder Cup with 3 wins in the finals...

Edit: I knew we didn't stand a chance in the series with all the injuries we had, but if everyone was healthy, I think this series would of gone to game 7. Norfolk really understood how to play a team game, there were no individual efforts.

I don't think Tokarski faced one tough shot all series, the Admirals were so good defensively.

Old
06-09-2012, 05:16 PM
L Corncrick
NHL Outsider

You can't win them all, in fact the odds are winning anything are very long in pro sports.

Old
06-09-2012, 05:18 PM
shaner89

Wicked season. Marlies got screwed with all their top players out and game 3 was given to Norfolk.

Old
06-09-2012, 05:19 PM
The Messenger

Best team won. Was very impressed with Gardiner, he must have played 100 games this up from 35 in college. He did very well. We have a lot to look forward to, Frattin, Gardiner, Scrivens, Colborne, Kadri, to name a few.

Old
06-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
Congrats to Norfolk, first team to win the Calder Cup with 3 wins in the finals...

Edit: I knew we didn't stand a chance in the series with all the injuries we had, but if everyone was healthy, I think this series would of gone to game 7. Norfolk really understood how to play a team game, there were no individual efforts.

I don't think Tokarski faced one tough shot all series, the Admirals were so good defensively.
Norfork finished the regular season with 28 straight wins and the Calder Cup playoffs with 10 straight playoff wins.

Most teams including the Marlies were only a minor speed bump on their road to success.

This was a team built for the ages based on winning 43 of their last 46 games played.

06-09-2012, 05:22 PM
The Messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Norfork finished the regular season with 28 straight wins and the Calder Cup playoffs with 10 straight playoff wins.

Most teams including the Marlies were only a minor speed bump on their road to success.

This was a team built for the ages based on winning 43 of their last 46 games played.
That's great Mess, we know that, put your diatribe on the Tampa Bay board. This is about our Marlies.

Old
06-09-2012, 05:26 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:

You should be an AHL announcer, you're very good at repeating what they said atleast 10 times during the series.

Old
06-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Eb
TML

vCash: 150
What was the final score?

Old
06-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
6 to 1

Old
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
the marlies will be getting help next year, they should be looking at adding quite a few new prospects into the mix
We have a few options, our farm team has come a long way. Will only get better if we can stay patient. Would be a shame if we started trading prospects like we did in the olden days for short fixes.

Old
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
6-1.

Old
06-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
You should be an AHL announcer, you're very good at repeating what they said at least 10 times during the series.
Yet despite knowing and hearing all that, still you believe the Marlies were capable of taking down the powerhouse Admrials.

Old
06-09-2012, 05:37 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
Yet despite knowing and hearing all that, still you believe the Marlies were capable of taking down the powerhouse Admrials.
I did not say that, I said "I knew we didn't stand a chance in the series with all the injuries we had, but if everyone was healthy, I think this series would of gone to game 7."

I implied, we would lose in Game 7. Stop jumping to conclusions.

Old
06-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Da Murf

I thought the Marlies at full strength had a punchers chance due to scrivens. I liked a lot of what I saw and a few things we could really use improving on at all levels. Congrats on a great year to both teams

Old
06-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Aplayaz2000

they would of got crushed if our main players were there

Old
06-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Mowerman

Reffing was terrible. Haven't read the thread, but was just at the game with tickets right by the ice. Not sure if you boys saw it on tv, but they ran scrivens and gave him a few dirty as hell shots on top of him right at the start of the game. Horrid officiating, crowd was chanting vigourously to make sure that the refs understood how terrible they were.

Old
06-09-2012, 06:06 PM
getyourselfsomerest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
We have a few options, our farm team has come a long way. Will only get better if we can stay patient. Would be a shame if we started trading prospects like we did in the olden days for short fixes.
HA!

But yeah, what a great run for the Marlies. Ben Scrivens is sensational. Brian Burke said that Scrivens is making them think even harder about the goaltending situation. It would almost be a shame to bring in Luongo and not give Scrivens the chance to compete for #1.

Gardiner played a lot, and it showed at the end. He needs a long rest.

Kadri, Frattin, D'Amigo, Colborne, and Holzer should have a good chance to at least fight for a spot depending on who we acquire. If it was up to me, I would let the kids play and maybe only acquire one proven bottom 6 guy.

Old
06-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Budsfan

Quote:
They are a powerhouse but they employ a lot of knuckle draggers and every chance they had to trip and hit Scrivens they did, I would have liked to have seen us do the same to Tokarski but we didn't and maybe we should have, Burke also mentioned that Scrivens was being interfered with too much, in his interview.

I do like the Conacher kid Cory, he will be a special player in the NHL and Cory is a distant relative of hockey hall of famers Charlie Conacher, Roy Conacher, and Lionel Conacher (should be a Leaf).

We got beat by a very powerful team but even though we Lost the Cup in 4 straight games, we will be in contention for a lot of years and hopefully some day we will win both Cups.

Old
06-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

Proud of the Marlies, lets hope some of the players carry over the success to the Leafs.

Nonetheless it was a good run, but it would have been interesting with Kadri and0 Frattin in the line.

Old
06-09-2012, 06:23 PM
getyourselfsomerest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendelBrown View Post
Reffing was terrible. Haven't read the thread, but was just at the game with tickets right by the ice. Not sure if you boys saw it on tv, but they ran scrivens and gave him a few dirty as hell shots on top of him right at the start of the game. Horrid officiating, crowd was chanting vigourously to make sure that the refs understood how terrible they were.
Yep, the refs sucked. But really, if the Marlies had a half decent powerplay, they could've won the series IMO. It was the death of them. I believe the Zigomanis goal was their first PPG of the series...out of about 20 chances I think. Shame.

Old
06-09-2012, 07:17 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOCKEYGOON View Post
Those refs should be suspended

It sucks for Norfolk because now their championship comes with an unofficial * next to it.

They'll have to obliterate us Saturday to prove that they didn't need the flukey goal to win the series.
Happy?

Jinx post...

Old
06-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Incognito

With Kadri, Zigomanis, Mueller and Frattin in the lineup throughout this series, and without that ******** from Game 3, we probably would have beaten Norfolk, although it still would have been a long series. I can't help but think that the better team actually lost.

Old
06-09-2012, 07:26 PM
ecotone

Id like to say i am proud of the marlies for a great season , alot of their their lineup missing or injured but they still gave it their all

congrats i guess to norfolk

Old
06-09-2012, 07:31 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Post # limit reached. Closed

Closed Thread