HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NJ - Sat night -> who wants to go?

Old
06-09-2012, 09:26 AM
dbbourn

vCash: 50
I've been to many Devils/Kings games in NJ wearing my Kings gear. (most recently Game 1) We had about 2-3 visible Kings fans in each section then. There will be more of us tonight and you will be fine. ... I even take the train in and wear my gear with no worries.

Of course you'll get the occaisional "Kings Suck," but as long as you are prepared for that and a couple "boos" you'll be ok.

I usually get more positive comments than bad, like "nice jersey" or "go Kings."

See you there, and be proud to be a Kings fan.

I've worn my jersey in Philly, and as the previous poster says, BIG difference. I would think twice about doing it in the Finals.

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 09:57 AM
jml87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
You should be fine. Ive been to 4 or 5 Kings/Devs games over the years and wore Kings gear with no problems.

...but Philly on the other hand...I had a yard of Black Cherry beer "Accidently" dumped on me during a Sharks/Flyers game and all I had on was a Kings hat. I got pissed then realized it wasn't worth getting drawn and quartered for. The guy that did the deed actually bought me a yard of that (damn good) Cherry Beer between the second and third period. He said I was a good sport after I wrung out my hat into my mouth and said "Thanks for the beer!"
Your story reminds me of when my dad went to a Penguins in Pittsburgh and twitched like he sometimes does causing him to spill beer all over a Penguins fan. Thank God he was not wearing his Flyers jersey, oh man.

It depends what section you are in Philly. I know we had loads of fun with visitors of other teams even Chicago fans in the finals but we were up around the suite sections. I've seen some scary stuff too, but honestly, you gotta be prepared for that if you're donning a jersey of a hated enemy. That said, Kings fans should be ok. No torrid history between the teams.

If we are planning to meet anywhere just post it here. Maybe somewhere in Prudential? I've only been there once before so no idea what the good places are.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 10:59 AM
TROLLPOSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Your story reminds me of when my dad went to a Penguins in Pittsburgh and twitched like he sometimes does causing him to spill beer all over a Penguins fan. Thank God he was not wearing his Flyers jersey, oh man.

It depends what section you are in Philly. I know we had loads of fun with visitors of other teams even Chicago fans in the finals but we were up around the suite sections. I've seen some scary stuff too, but honestly, you gotta be prepared for that if you're donning a jersey of a hated enemy. That said, Kings fans should be ok. No torrid history between the teams.

If we are planning to meet anywhere just post it here. Maybe somewhere in Prudential? I've only been there once before so no idea what the good places are.
Maybe we should set up a Twitter hash tag #HFKingsMeetup once we pick a spot to gather?

Go Kings Go! Can't wait until the game starts.

TROLLPOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:05 AM
son of earl

Send a message via AIM to son of earl
My dad is there in a Blue Lewis lapd kings jersey he is in sec 14 set him a text about the #hfkingsmeetup

GO Kings GO

son of earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 04:32 PM
T308
HFBoards Sponsor

Lots of Kings fans already here at the Rock. At least 10%

T308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 06:15 PM
jml87

Well, here I am in this Godforsaken stadium. Gag me. This is how much I love you kings

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 08:04 PM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Well, here I am in this Godforsaken stadium. Gag me. This is how much I love you kings
Hey Bro, do me a solid and ask....no....TELL QUICK to keep his ass in the crease and STOP pucks...not GET pucks...for christssakes.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:28 AM
TROLLPOSO

Well that was painful.

Please Kings make this your last East Coast trip until the fall. For the love of God, I can't take the strain.

TROLLPOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 01:31 AM
KBA4life

Heard a loud cheer for Williams' goal. Saw a bunch of Kings jerseys on camera as well scattered around the whole place...great stuff.

KBA4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:43 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Tip o the cap to any King fan who invested a lot of money into the team the last 2 games.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 01:13 PM
T308
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBA4life View Post
Heard a loud cheer for Williams' goal. Saw a bunch of Kings jerseys on camera as well scattered around the whole place...great stuff.
There were a lot of us there. My entire row were Kings fans. Even met a family of three that came from Kansas of all places.

Old
06-10-2012, 01:15 PM
T308
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Tip o the cap to any King fan who invested a lot of money into the team the last 2 games.
At least we weren't playing the Rangers. That would have really been pricey.

Old
06-10-2012, 02:32 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
That's me. Painful to see them go 0-2 in person, but had a blast on both trips. First time ever to NYC/NJ for girlfriend and I.

I still have complete confidence in us winning this series.

And yes, there were a LOT of Kings fans. I saw Ted Nolan and Jordan's brother outside the arena. Also saw two King's fans from our flight in on the jumbotron during this cheer/boo thing at a commercial break.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBA4life View Post
I was VERY loud on TV. It was probably the loudest Kings cheer I've ever heard for a road game.

Nice work Kings travellers!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote