HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SCF Gm#5, 6/9/12: KINGS lose to DEVILS 2-1, but lead series 3-2 ...

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Kings man 4 life

vCash: 500
Quick flubbed and let in a bad goal, ok the guy has saved this team during the season and several games this playoffs, he's human and its not his fault that we lost this game. We need to score more than one damn goal a game, D is playing great, Quick is playing great, forwards need to crash the center and ponce on rebounds, I have lost count of how many juicy rebounds just sit there in the slot. Fowards wake up! First and second line haven't done crap these last two games, God bless Stoll for his effort, but he shouldn't be leading the charge. Quick and the D is giving them a chance, fowards need to be better and solve Broduer more than once a game, they do that and this series would probably be over, that is it and all of it.

P.S. Voynov stay away from the net.

Old
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
And yeah, the team needs the crowd.
I worry about the crowd being nervous and sitting on their hands is the Devils come out strong

Old
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Love em', Hate em'...Welcome to LA Kings Hockey! LMMFAO!

So who's gonna introduce the Elephant in the Room to the Kings fans that came after 1993?

Holy Crap man, this club never ceases to amaze me with their consistent redefining of the word "Fail".
McSorely is in a win win situation now. Kings win the cup, he's off the hook. Kings blow it....Quick replaces him.

Old
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
If the team's going to crack under the pressure, let's not follow them down that path.

Bernier in, Loktionov for Voynov on D, if they lose you're done....wow. Come on guys.
Either way, they need to do something. The wheels have come off the bus and it is now sitting on blocks in someone's front yard.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:12 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
"sorry sacks" because they've just lost two games to a good team(have to be to make the finals) after everything the Kings have done this post season as complete underdogs. This poster right here is someone that just doesn't understand Hockey.

And you're supposedly a canadian to boot. tsk....bandwagoner no doubt.
Ya I've played Major Junior but don't understand the game. What I do understand is when you have a team down 3-0 in the STANLEY CUP FINAL you don't play your worst 2 games of the year and let the team back in it. You find a killer instinct and skate your ass off every shift and leave everything you have on the ice. The Kings haven't even come close to doing this the last two games. But you know who has? The Devils.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:12 PM
MsWoof

They finished strong in the third and I like Gags on the Kopi line. Quick needs to re-focus and he'll be fine. I'm more confident in Monday's game than I was going into tonight's for some reason.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:13 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Some of you have straight up lost your minds. I'll come back later when things have settled down a bit.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I worry about the crowd being nervous and sitting on their hands is the Devils come out strong
Agreed. That's why we need the first goal. No more playing catch-up!

Old
06-09-2012, 10:14 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

So much was being made about how similar this series was to Vancouver and Phoenix. I knew all along there were no similarities. Momentum is a crazy thing, that's why Game 6 is Game 7, we don't have a choice BUT to win that game. We need to have some positive energy around here, we all know how bad this franchise has been, so let's all enjoy the moment and realize we're ONE win away from the Stanley Cup. Stop being so down

Old
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
Either way, they need to do something. The wheels have come off the bus and it is now sitting on blocks in someone's front yard.
Losing two tight games after winning the first two of the series in games that were just as close does not equate to the "wheels hav[ing] come off the bus." Not even close.

Slow down man, have a beer and relax. Your overreactions are absurd.

Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Step up or sit down? Do you think the Kings are unaware of how important these games are? Removing Quick and putting in a ice cold goalie who hasn't played in months is a terrible idea.
I'm going to quit before I have everyone killing me or whatever, but it certainly didn't seem like a single King out there tonight was playing like it was an important game. But anyway, it is apparent that anger is clouding my judgement so I am disappearing from hockey the rest of the night.

Good night everyone.

Old
Dawdler

Bill Simmons's daughter is going to need a lot of therapy after this series, poor thing

Old
06-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead81 View Post
Not sure I agree- I thought they played well enough to win, 3 goal posts and a bad goal against during a pretty weak penalty call (not weak in the sense it wasn't a penalty but weak in the sense it was the only interference called). Thought Richards was going to have one of those crazy short-handed shifts; bet he wishes he had shot instead of trying the extra move around the defenceman. Wish they wouldn't make Brodeur look so good; it's causing CBC to start to wax poetic about the Devils. If the Kings lose the next one (and let's hope they don't), pressure moves onto the Devils but the story line will be can Brodeur bring them back and win both the SC and Conn Smyth and that friggin' ticks me off.
Only 23 hits tonight. That isn't kings hockey. They are a step behind right now.

Hopefully they are re-energized for game 6. They need 45+ hits on Monday.

Old
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
They'll figure it out. Devils were down 3-2 against Florida, you know what they did, they changed nothing, came back and won two games. And look where they are now. If the Kings are going to do this, they're going to have to face adversity the same way. Taking players out has very negative, confidence destroying consequences. They're doing all the right things but the puck isn't going in. The Kings WILL GET THROUGH THIS. They're not playing poorly, they're not playing listless. They have sacked up and run into a wall. It happens. They just have to bust that wall down.

Old
Cup 4 the Kings
It only took 45 yrs!

Well, that was depressing. Couldn't buy a goal. Can't believe that game winner came on such a fluky goal. The Kings better bring their A game and win it on Monday!

Old
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Sutter might want to think about getting Clifford out there. Yank Voynov, move martinez up and put Drewiske in on the third pairing.

The Voynov/Mitchell pairing is absolutely killing us in this series.

Old
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Look, Quick did **** up but let's not forget that only one shot has cleanly gone past him. He's not the problem. LA scoring one goal in each of their losses is the problem.

Old
sueroe

Quote:
He certainly hasn't been playing well the last two games. He certainly is not Dan Cloutier bad, but the way he played he certainly was not a Vezina Trophy candidate.

By starting Bernier, even if for only one period, it sends a message to the rest of the Kings that they need to step up or sit down.
Quick made one mistake tonight but outside of that he made fantastic saves. The Devils are in the Stanley cup final too. They are a good team and capitalized the last few games. This is hard for Kings fans because we are so used to losing, but as Stanley cup finals go, this is pretty standard fare. It is a battle, and we have a young team in contention for the cup. Mistakes will be made. Except for Doughty, he is just beyond his years!

Old
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Ya I've played Major Junior but don't understand the game. What I do understand is when you have a team down 3-0 in the STANLEY CUP FINAL you don't play your worst 2 games of the year and let the team back in it. You find a killer instinct and skate your ass off every shift and leave everything you have on the ice. The Kings haven't even come close to doing this the last two games. But you know who has? The Devils.
You need to chill. So you played Major Junior, did you play great every game? Did you ever lose? They lost by a goal tonight and a goal + ENG in game 4.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Tadite

I'm ****ing besides myself.

1. 4 posts and 7 in the past 2 games. Can't beat the god damn goalie with teams this good and not come away with a ****ing goal. That's the bad ****ing luck.
2. Quick screwed up.... God knows he does it every 15 games or so and it ****ing sucks it's in the 5 game of the SCF!!!! Thing is that's also on those piece of **** ****ing boards. It's nothing short of ****ing pathetic that a team with 3 Cups can't even have half way decent boards.
3. Bad luck on VV. God knows he's been making some bad choices on defense but that's just bad luck on the deflection. Worse its as on a nothing shot that had no chance....
4. What's worse is that this was our best god damn game. I dont' care about the ****ing score we dominated for most of the game and still lost. That's god damn furious.
5. I want to set the color commentator on fire. God knows they've been nothing short of horrific these past few playoffs but htis guy isn't just biased he's a ****ing moron. Even the other parts of the team are laughing at him. Guys wrong on everything. He can't even see a god damn rebound. What's also annoying about NBC is that yhey only do replays once in a while and with the commentating so ****ing bad you can't tell what's happened. What the hell?
6.God damn crazy that the Devils can't get a goal on anything but raw ****ing luck. And we still lose.
7.. O yea. Richards has been brutal... just brutal.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
McSorely is in a win win situation now. Kings win the cup, he's off the hook. Kings blow it....Quick replaces him.
Voynov will replace mcsorley.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:17 PM
JSBach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMoneyMonkey View Post
First goal was on the refs. Second goal was a fluke.

No way NJ can resign Parise with the money they seem to be spending on officials
I missed refs' the mistake, what happened?

Old
06-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Lets play Clune on defence for some real lolz

In reaction to Quicks gaffe, meh, its his puckhandling this series that has prevented the devils forecheck from getting established, he may have conceded a goal tonight, but he has saved a bunch of potential ones by allows the Kings defence the transition the puck up the ice

Old
06-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Sutter might want to think about getting Clifford out there. Yank Voynov, move martinez up and put Drewiske in on the third pairing.

The Voynov/Mitchell pairing is absolutely killing us in this series.
I agree. Voynov has been brutal the whole series, Sutter did it with Richardson and Gagne why can't he do it with Voynov and DD44?

Old
06-09-2012, 10:19 PM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Voynov will replace mcsorley.
2011-2012 LA Kings Roster will replace McSorley.

Closed Thread