HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

SCF Gm#5, 6/9/12: KINGS lose to DEVILS 2-1, but lead series 3-2 ...

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2012, 10:49 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
I still love all of you. All the Kings have to do is win a game. They can do that. And if they weren't focused these last 2 games, they certainly should be now.

I think they finish it off on Monday in Game 6, at Staples in front of their fans, just as it should be.

As fans, this is the most stress we've felt all playoffs but it's still a beautiful time to be a Kings fan.

06-09-2012, 10:50 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
I still love all of you. All the Kings have to do is win a game. They can do that. And if they weren't focused these last 2 games, they certainly should be now.

I think they finish it off on Monday in Game 6, at Staples in front of their fans, just as it should be.

As fans, this is the most stress we've felt all playoffs but it's still a beautiful time to be a Kings fan.
Or it could be the most painful time in the organization's history. but I won't think that way. If it's any consolation, EA predicted us in 6... so blah blah blah... Nucks were predicted to win by EA last season, so just take it with a grain of salt.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:51 PM
bcking

Were gonna win game 6, this is just the hockey gods telling those arrogant kings fans and bandwagon celebrities to S.T.F.U! Nothing comes easy

Half of the goals the Devils have scored have been absolute garbage goals.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:53 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsation8 View Post
Or it could be the most painful time in the organization's history. but I won't think that way. If it's any consolation, EA predicted us in 6... so blah blah blah... Nucks were predicted to win by EA last season, so just take it with a grain of salt.
It certainly could be but it's not yet. And as a fan, I try to remember to not let sports ruin my days, nights, weeks, and months. They're meant to be enjoyed. And while they're most enjoyable when your team wins, I'd much rather the Kings lose games that matter than never make it far enough to even have the chance to disappoint me.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Mattias

I forgot I needed to include a cat photo when we lose (hey, it worked last time don't doubt it).

Old
06-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Tadite

Aargghhaaahhhh!!!!!!!

Old
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
This is pathetic, I've never seen so many people with so much doubt in their own team. t
I'm not seeing doubt. I'm seeing a metric ****ton of frustration, which is perfectly natural given the Kings have been the better team in this series so far. Totally understandable, and why I can't wait for Monday for the Kings to shove this series down the Devils throats.

Old
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
I forgot I needed to include a cat photo when we lose (hey, it worked last time don't doubt it).

Why are you cooking your cat, sir?

Old
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
The lack of hitting is what concerns me the most. Either the kings are injured or they are a step behind the play. Penner and Stoll were throwing their weight around. Richards was trying but was falling down instead.

Didn't notice brown at all tonight. Didn't play the final 4 minutes. Probably injured.

Kings need to hit like madmen in game six.

Go Kings! Staples will probably be full of nervous energy.
There is no energy. That is what's most disappointing. Stoll has shown the most energy but he can't shoot a puck into the ocean.

Shocked by how poorly Kopitar has played most of this series. With Richards you come to expect it, all season the guy has had good stretches followed by woeful stretches, and right now he is in one of those woeful stretches. No idea why this guy is playing on the point on the PP.

Kings need to come out with a ton of energy and score first in game 6, if the Devils get on the board first we are in trouble.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Love em', Hate em'...Welcome to LA Kings Hockey! LMMFAO!

So who's gonna introduce the Elephant in the Room to the Kings fans that came after 1993?

Holy Crap man, this club never ceases to amaze me with their consistent redefining of the word "Fail".
yeah. Its amazing that only new fans are excited by this ****. All the rest of us old fogies are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. I hate being a Kings fan sometimes.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Mattias

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Why are you cooking your cat, sir?
Sacrificial cat to win the next game

Old
06-09-2012, 10:57 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
It certainly could be but it's not yet. And as a fan, I try to remember to not let sports ruin my days, nights, weeks, and months. They're meant to be enjoyed. And while they're most enjoyable when your team wins, I'd much rather the Kings lose games that matter than never make it far enough to even have the chance to disappoint me.
I wish I can watch games the same way you can. lol, but my night is def ruined right now, hopefully it will not extend into weeks and months.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:58 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

My night was briefly ruined..but then I received a package from Amazon.com with my Amanda Connor art book and a few other goodies I've been waiting for.

So now it's kinda neutral.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:00 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
There is no energy. That is what's most disappointing. Stoll has shown the most energy but he can't shoot a puck into the ocean.

Shocked by how poorly Kopitar has played most of this series. With Richards you come to expect it, all season the guy has had good stretches followed by woeful stretches, and right now he is in one of those woeful stretches. No idea why this guy is playing on the point on the PP.

Kings need to come out with a ton of energy and score first in game 6, if the Devils get on the board first we are in trouble.
Are you ****ING kidding me? The guy got an OT winner for us. Are you really going to say that? He continues to be defensively sound in our zone and still does create offense in their zone. Like come on. I bag on the Kings for never being able to win anything, but to say there is no effort being put into is wrong.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:02 PM
nocturn

A little humility never killed anyone. Lets hope the boys learn from it and bounce back. Like I mentioned a few posts back, these are the times and experiences that separate the true Champions from the posers. If anything, they're just lucky as hell that they've had a few games to burn and learn.

Off to game 6.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:03 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Are you ****ING kidding me? The guy got an OT winner for us. Are you really going to say that? He continues to be defensively sound in our zone and still does create offense in their zone. Like come on. I bag on the Kings for never being able to win anything, but to say there is no effort being put into is wrong.
I love Kopi, but I really hope the rumors of him being sick are true. Zero shots on goal in the last two games, which just happen to be potential cup clinching games is pretty pathetic.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:04 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
First time in my life I'm going to say this, but if LA loses this series, I'm done. 28 years is enough for me. I really hope they win.
I almost feel the opposite. If they win, I think I won't even care about next season starting, I'll be riding that high for months. If they lose it'll be "just another season as a Kings fan."

Old
06-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Kopitar has been great. Remember there is another team on the ice, just because his line isn't dominating like in the other series, doesnt mean they aren't playing well

Old
bobafettish*

Quote:
lol his line was the worst that game.

Old
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Kopitar has been great. Remember there is another team on the ice, just because his line isn't dominating like in the other series, doesnt mean they aren't playing well
Putting a shot on goal would be nice

Old
06-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Tadite

To be honest. Kopitar has been falling back on his 'play defense and pass to the point' style.

The aggressive charge to the net guy's been out the past few games... Richards has just been awful.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:06 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Disappointing, but not the end of the world. We get the chance to win it at home again after two very close games.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:08 PM
bobafettish*

getting a little nervous. will move on to panic if we trail in game 6.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:08 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
lol his line was the worst that game.
A win is a win though, am I right? Don't care how you get it. Just win it. If it means you suck the whole game but get the game winner then who cares, right? If Kings won tonight, well I would be partying but I think everyone would forget about Quick's mistake on the first goal.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:09 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I actually thought Mike Richards was going to score that at the end

Closed Thread