Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2012, 10:24 PM
RaskMullet
You Like No ?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Sounds like LeBron already forgot he had that same chance last year and sucked. Dude is such a fraud and so incredibly hateable. I hope OKC stomps all over his face, ego, and team.
amen, cant stand athletes who are so smug and act like they are gods gift to society because they can place a ball into a stupid cylinder.

have to let the frustration out from this complete and embarrassing choke loss.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Good luck in the next round- D-wade, Bron Bron and Bostrich.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

So long Big 3

Old
06-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

This team is going to look dramatically different next year.

If Danny knows whats best for the team, he'llbuild mode around Bradley and Rondo. KG and Ray probably retire, but Pierce is an interesting case. He still has 2 seasons left on his current deal and is 34. Does Danny try and trade him? I love Paul Pierce, he's really the only reason I still watch basketball to be completely honest. The guy deserves to be a life long Celtic and break Hondo's scoring record, but at the same time he doesn't deserve to be put on a team at his age that's in rebuild mode.

Danny has a hard offseason this year.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
well way to go and blow a 3-2 series lead you have a home court game and all of the big 4 score single digits ****ing emmbarrasing you let these db"s beat you blow you out on home court Celtics are a joke not one capable bench player Bradley has to be injured of course why would ne not be i HATE this team right now they are joke
Haha . . . nice drunk post.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

During this series I have literally seen 0 Heat fans FROM Miami

Heat "fans" have replaced Laker fans as the #1 NBA fanbase I hate

I also can't stand people who arent fans of teams but players, just find it stupid. I'm not a heat fan I am a Lebron fan....

Like this guy I know he's a Kobe & A Lebron fan........nice front running pal

Old
06-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Thank You!

I am Boston Strong

Old
06-10-2012, 12:22 AM
bostonphoenix

Should have traded the big 3 around the deadline for pieces.

What a joke. Get out scores by 20 points in the second half of the game. Pathetic.

Only got here because of injuries and a lucky stretch. Should have lost to philadelphia.

This team is coming nowhere close to this next season.

Fire Ainge. The man did a horrific job this year.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddacey View Post
Should have traded the big 3 around the deadline for pieces.

What a joke. Get out scores by 20 points in the second half of the game. Pathetic.

Only got here because of injuries and a lucky stretch. Should have lost to philadelphia.

This team is coming nowhere close to this next season.

My god get a grip dude.

So because they sucked in the 4th quarter of game 7 ON THE ROAD in the ECF, the whole year was a failure, Ainge sucks and should be fired, the big 3 are bums and should've been traded, yaada yaada? Only got here because of injuries? How about the entire Celtics bench depleted because of injuries? especially to key rotation guys like Green, Bradley and Wilcox. Seriously, it happens to every team, good teams deal with it. Why should they have lost to Philly? Because they were more athletic?

This team was the best Celtics team I've watched play since I was a kid in the late 80's and early 90's before they fell off the map. Did they have the most talent? No, but the guts and heart this team showed all year actually made me enjoy watching basketball again. I know that holds true for a lot of people around here.

Get off the internet until you sober up my friend, you're embarrassing yourself.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:34 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
My god get a grip dude.

So because they sucked in the 4th quarter of game 7 ON THE ROAD in the ECF, the whole year was a failure, Ainge sucks and should be fired, the big 3 are bums and should've been traded, yaada yaada?

This team was the best Celtics team I've watched play since I was a kid in the late 80's and early 90's before they fell off the map. Did they have the most talent? No, but the guts and heart this team showed all year actually made me enjoy watching basketball again. I know that holds true for a lot of people around here.

Get off the internet until you sober up my friend, you're embarrassing yourself.
Well said

Old
06-10-2012, 12:44 AM
pgm16

Just finished watching the game 3 am now, my nephews wedding was today. Just never had enough for the last 5 minutes, but again Thank you Boston Celtics for the last few weeks...

Old
06-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Bone for your jar

I just feel privileged to have had a chance to witness this five year run. This C's team has been something special -- not just as basketball players (and coaches), but as human beings. I like to think I've absorbed just a bit of their resolve and resilience.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:54 AM
CDJ*

You guys are talking like its over. It'll happen again next year. Mortal lock it. I'll bet 50 smackaroos that we are back in the ECF next year. The growth of Bradley plus an actual bench does wonders for an old team. Garnett will be back. Ray talked like he wanted to be back with the crew next year at his presser. We'll be good.

Oh, and ddacey, you are perhaps the most frustratingly ignorant person on the face of this planet ever. GTFO of here with those comments.

Old
06-10-2012, 01:00 AM
pgm16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
You guys are talking like its over. It'll happen again next year. Mortal lock it. I'll bet 50 smackaroos that we are back in the ECF next year. The growth of Bradley plus an actual bench does wonders for an old team. Garnett will be back. Ray talked like he wanted to be back with the crew next year at his presser. We'll be good.

Oh, and ddacey, you are perhaps the most frustratingly ignorant person on the face of this planet ever. GTFO of here with those comments.
Yeah, no worries there, we still be top 3 in the east..

Old
06-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

If Ray comes back next year, I'd be curious to see if he'd be the 6th man. 1st off the bench, etc. He played really well in that role when he came back from his injury earlier this season.

KG is the key though. If KG doesn't come back, neither does Ray, it would make no sense.

Old
06-10-2012, 01:10 AM
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm16 View Post
Yeah, no worries there, we still be top 3 in the east..
How's it possible to still be top 3 next year when the Celtics were not top 3 this year?

Old
06-10-2012, 01:49 AM
Mancini0518

This team definitely overachieved with all the injuries they had this season. A healthy Jeff Green (assuming they sign him) makes the celtics much better along with the cap that they will have to play with. Hopefully top 4 in the Eat next year

Old
06-10-2012, 02:07 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddacey View Post
- re-signed Doc Rivers to a 5-year extension
- traded Glen Davis to Orlando for Brandon Bass
- traded Albert Miralles to Milwaukee for Kenyon Dooling
- when injuries hit he signed Ryan Hollins, Mickael Pietrus and Greg Stiemsma

Yeah - fire Ainge......he sucks.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:59 AM
pgm16

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown bullies View Post
How's it possible to still be top 3 next year when the Celtics were not top 3 this year?

We just played in the ECF....maybe I should have said top 2

Old
06-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
The Celtics have enough capspace for 2 max contracts but theres no good free agents until next year, and Boston hasn't been exactly a free agent destination.

Old
06-10-2012, 08:51 AM
JasonAllisonFan

The Celtics overachieved this year... plain and simple. Around the trade deadline, the Celtics weren't even a playoff team, let alone a contender who came 1 game away from playing in the NBA finals.

I do believe that this team will look drastically different next year. Ainge knows well that Pierce is still a productive enough star that he could command a valuable return in the trade market (very good draft pick, very good NBA player). Although it is more likely he stays aboard and retires a Celtic, there was that rumor that surfaced a few months ago about Pierce almost heading to the Nets. If that trigger was almost pulled then, why can't it now, given that these vets will all be a year older.

Allen and Garnett as free agents makes the complexion of next year's team up in the air. While they could return, one or both could retire. The consolation prize to their retirement however is cap space that could be used on younger, more athletic players, if that's the direction we're heading in. Bradley and Rondo in your backcourt make for a very explosive starting 2... but what about the frontcourt? There needs to be athleticism at all positions to keep up with the up and coming teams, and also to be able to execute an up tempo game plan to fruition.

I am curious to see where this ship is headed now. It has been a good 5-year run, but one that is clearly numbered.

Old
06-10-2012, 09:18 AM
bostonphoenix

My words were harsh in my last post. I still think they're true.

I didn't think they had a legitimate shot at the beginning. I have found few people who follow and realistically look at basketball saying that they expected them to make it here. In comparison to how Expected this series to go. This was mch better. But they need to capitalize on ten point leads.

Ainge brought in some good bench talent. And while losing a bench player hurts. Losing a starting player hurts that much more.

When the big 3 retire. And even next year I dont expect them to be capable of a repeat performance. I think Danny put them at a real disservice.

Old
06-10-2012, 09:44 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown bullies View Post
Never seen such a delusional fan base than C's fans That mock Heat players about there behavior yet the team they root for have there own punk,classless foul mouth chest pumping pushuping thugs of there own.

Fact is there lost to a MUCH better team and where a few last minute shot misses of being beating in 5 games..

Old
06-10-2012, 09:47 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm16 View Post
We just played in the ECF....maybe I should have said top 2
Lets have a parade.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:16 AM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Never seen such a delusional fan base than C's fans That mock Heat players about there behavior yet the team they root for have there own punk,classless foul mouth chest pumping pushuping thugs of there own.

Fact is there lost to a MUCH better team and where a few last minute shot misses of being beating in 5 games..
There is trolling, then there is TROLLING. You, my friend, are TROLLING.

Damn those chest pumping thugs showing emotion during the game! DAMN THEM! It's not like they aren't three of the best players of all time or anything. It's not like Rondo is a top 3 PG in the league or anything. It's not like they have won anything at all. God forbid those thugs (Ray Allen is straight gangsta dawg) pump....their.....chests. Makes me sick.

Closed Thread