HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bulis unhappy with the canadiens has allready...

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Joe Cole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
Despite all his weaknesses, I don't understand how a game now based on rapidity does not include a player like Bulis but could include a player like these so predictable players and slower players like Zednik or Ribeiro
Bulis WOULD do a better job than Ribeiro centering Kovy or a better job than Zednik on that line. .
i am not in BG's head, but I will try to answer this.

A game built on rapidity would favour a guy who can skate well, I agree. Going into the playoffs, we will have to wait to see if rapidity is still the name of the game.

That being said, you are either going to get 1 of 2 roles, offensive (where you either contribute or sit on the bench i.e. Robiero) or defensive (where you better hustle and not get stupid penalties or you will sit on the bench... i.e. Sunstrom/Ivanans/Bulis etc)

This is a team. Not the Jan Bulis fan club. Jan has to fit into the team and supply the team with what it needs. If the coach decides he best serves the team in a defensive role, then that is what he is to do. Damphousse did it for the Habs, he put the team before himself.

So... we live and die with the people who direct the team. If you do not like the fact that BG is trying to build a TEAM, well, that is your right. I would rather they win a few more games then Bulis scoring 10 more goals a season.

I have said it before, the name on the front of the jersey is important, not the one of the back. We will all still be fans of the Habs long after all the current Habs have been tradedd away or retired with their millions.

Old
04-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Matrix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole
i am not in BG's head, but I will try to answer this.

A game built on rapidity would favour a guy who can skate well, I agree. Going into the playoffs, we will have to wait to see if rapidity is still the name of the game.

That being said, you are either going to get 1 of 2 roles, offensive (where you either contribute or sit on the bench i.e. Robiero) or defensive (where you better hustle and not get stupid penalties or you will sit on the bench... i.e. Sunstrom/Ivanans/Bulis etc)

This is a team. Not the Jan Bulis fan club. Jan has to fit into the team and supply the team with what it needs. If the coach decides he best serves the team in a defensive role, then that is what he is to do. Damphousse did it for the Habs, he put the team before himself.

So... we live and die with the people who direct the team. If you do not like the fact that BG is trying to build a TEAM, well, that is your right. I would rather they win a few more games then Bulis scoring 10 more goals a season.

I have said it before, the name on the front of the jersey is important, not the one of the back. We will all still be fans of the Habs long after all the current Habs have been tradedd away or retired with their millions.
Maybe but how Zednik or Ribeiro fit in your concept? What makes them more suitable in Gainey's team than Bulis? Can we really condemn a guy who for once states that he can do the job better than people that doesn't do it but still has icetime? Some of us say Zednik must sit down, when some others say that Gainey knows best, then Gainey sits Zed and now we praise that move? Let's face it, Gainey still thought that Zednik could do it while most of us knew there was nothing to do with him, and then Gainey realize it. IN THAT CASE, I believe Gainey was wrong. Not saying Bulis is the second coming of god, but I belive that he deserves to show us if his words are louder than his actions. Now Bulis stop talking and start acting. But I remember a time when he did have a place in that concept of a team, that he did play well defensively and offensively for the team, I just don't belive he lost it like that. As far as Zednik goes, he lost it a while ago.....

Closed Thread