HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Off-Season Discussion - Part IV (Cap Info in Post 1)

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2012, 06:45 PM
mr sidney crosby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
....and when things get ugly?? Dustin Jeffrey is the answer
What do to think dustin jeffrey has the potential to do in the nhl? 15-20 goals?

Old
06-10-2012, 06:46 PM
mpp9

Really hoping Shero can acquire Stewart, move Martin and keep Staal. You want Sid protected? Stewart can go with anyone. And will be on the ice far more of the time than Asham.

Asham is my 13th forward if he resigns. Give Tangradi a chance.

Old
06-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Flat Stanley

I think people are overlooking what Asham brings to the team.

He's a veteran, he's well respected in the locker room, he's a team guy who stands up for his team mates. He's a 4th liner, who cares if he's slow, and he's not even that slow, he also has a good shot and turns it up in the playoffs.

And more importantly, he wants to be here and he's not an expensive player.

You can't just replace that with Jeffrey or Tangradi.

Old
06-10-2012, 06:50 PM
mr sidney crosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Really hoping Shero can acquire Stewart, move Martin and keep Staal. You want Sid protected? Stewart can go with anyone. And will be on the ice far more of the time than Asham.

I really like stewart too and hope we can get him. I also like someone else that i know everybody hates and everyone was cry when i say i want him. Nikolai kulemin

Old
06-10-2012, 06:52 PM
mpp9

Tangradi-Vitale-Adams is my 4th line. If TK gets moved and Sully doesn't resign, then yes I'd be all for resigning him.

Old
06-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:

Asham won't be the 13th forward though. The only way Adams and Asham are out of the lineup is if Shero takes away the option by getting rid of them. Bylsma will always play them if they are on the team.

I like Asham as much as anyone but there's not a lot of open roster spots right now barring trades.

Old
06-10-2012, 06:53 PM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sidney crosby View Post
What do to think dustin jeffrey has the potential to do in the nhl? 15-20 goals?
I really have no idea. He doesn't fit into a 4th line role, I can tell you that. He could possibly be a 3rd line center, but he rode the pine for a reason at the end of the year. I watched a lost soul against Buffalo last year. I realize that everybody was really bad in that game, but DJ looked like he was playing in his first ever hockey game. I guess we will see in training camp, if he doesn't get traded.

Old
06-10-2012, 06:54 PM
mr sidney crosby

Quote:
Tangradi-Vitale-Adams is my 4th line.
Tangradi on the 4th line . Why can't bylsma just give him a shot in the top 6 role and let him show his potential or show he's a bust.

Old
06-10-2012, 06:55 PM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
Tangradi-Vitale-Adams is my 4th line. If TK gets moved and Sully doesn't resign, then yes I'd be all for resigning him.
I would like Tangradi-Vitale-Asham with Adams as the extra forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Asham won't be the 13th forward though. The only way Adams and Asham are out of the lineup is if Shero takes away the option by getting rid of them. Bylsma will always play them if they are on the team.

I like Asham as much as anyone but there's not a lot of open roster spots right now barring trades.
This again. Maybe he has flaked out in the playoffs in the past 3 years, but the man has won a lot of games facing a lot of adversity. He is not a child.

Old
06-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Flat Stanley

I have to disagree about Tangradi being a 4th liner. That's not his style, that's not his role. I'm sure he would be happy to make the NHL instead of being in the AHL, but in no way would he be happy with playing on the 4th line all the time.

Same with Jeffrey, his role is 3rd line center, I don't think he would be happy being a 4th line winger.

Honestly, since they're waiver eligible, just trade them and build again, we got Uher developing, we can draft a winger to develop and give guys like Tangradi and Jeffrey a chance elsewhere.

I'm sure some team will give Tangradi top 6 minutes and Jeffrey can be an NHL team's 3rd line center.

Just my opinion though, they might accept roles as 4th liners, my guess is no.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:04 PM
mpp9

I want Tangradi in the lineup next season. I don't want him being held out b/c Asham is a good locker room guy and wants a Cup.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
I would like Tangradi-Vitale-Asham with Adams as the extra forward.

This again. Maybe he has flaked out in the playoffs in the past 3 years, but the man has won a lot of games facing a lot of adversity. He is not a child.
I never said he was a bad coach. Every coach has his favorites though and I don't know how anyone can argue that Adams and Asham aren't among his and for good reason in the past but things also change. I think those guys are both rapidly approaching the end of their careers and the Pens run the risk of keeping them a year too long. It's not a huge risk given the cheap contracts though.

I think guys like Vitale and Jeffrey are defensively responsible enough to handle a lot of 4th line and pk duty. Jeffrey and Tangradi have also seemed to have chemistry together when they've played on the 4th line.

At some point a guy like Tangradi also has to fight for his teammates or another depth player has to fight. You can't always have a designated goon. Some goons like McIntyre have become ineffective because no one has the balls to fight them anymore. Asham does find willing combatants but he's had concussion issues and that scares me. I just have concerns how well a guy will hold up when a big part of his role gets him punched in the head frequently.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:15 PM
mr sidney crosby

Question, i know i'll sound dumb but how do you comment on youtube videos? I'm sooo sick of people calling crosby a pu$$y and flyer fans commenting saying crosby's a baby, crosby would get killed in a fight, this an that. Crosby is not a *****, concussions are terrible and if you get one the next and the next come easier and easier and he probably wants to have a life other then hockey, and crosby is no shrimp he is strong! so im sick of people calling him a wimp and a pu$$y. #fanshavenorespect

Old
06-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sidney crosby View Post
Question, i know i'll sound dumb but how do you comment on youtube videos? I'm sooo sick of people calling crosby a pu$$y and flyer fans commenting saying crosby's a baby, crosby would get killed in a fight, this an that. Crosby is not a *****, concussions are terrible and if you get one the next and the next come easier and easier and he probably wants to have a life other then hockey, and crosby is no shrimp he is strong! so im sick of people calling him a wimp and a pu$$y. #fanshavenorespect
Don't waste your time.

Trust me, they don't care what you have to say, they'll just say "Haha stupid homer, Pens suck, Crosby sucks"

People are idiots man, if they think Crosby is a pu$$y, then Claude Giroux is a pu$$y. It's that easy.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:23 PM
mr sidney crosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Don't waste your time.

Trust me, they don't care what you have to say, they'll just say "Haha stupid homer, Pens suck, Crosby sucks"

People are idiots man, if they think Crosby is a pu$$y, then Claude Giroux is a pu$$y. It's that easy.
Yeah, it makes me so mad hah. Crosby probably loves the game more then anyone so he isn't missing the games on purpose. He wants to play and be out there with the team.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!

Quote:
Don't waste your time.

This. I hate so many of those "keyboard hardasses," who bring nothing but negativity to every single video.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:48 PM
BrookswasHere44

Same old broken record..for Tangradi's sake trade him!! Hes not a 4th liner, id take Asham on the 4th every day! Tangradi on the 4th is, was, always will be a joke

Old
06-10-2012, 07:53 PM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookswasHere44 View Post
Same old broken record..for Tangradi's sake trade him!! Hes not a 4th liner, id take Asham on the 4th every day! Tangradi on the 4th is, was, always will be a joke
The fact that he started to understand the NHL game last year playing on the 4th line makes your statement just plain wrong. All the whining and moaning is really old. He is starting to make progress in large part because they have handled him with kid gloves. Talent alone does not make you a good player.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:53 PM
mr sidney crosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00terMcGavin View Post
This. I hate so many of those "keyboard hardasses," who bring nothing but negativity to every single video.
Yep. every video i watch of crosby theres always a ton of comments like "crosby's a diver", "crosby is overrated", "crosby's a pu$$y", or "crosby only won that fight because he wrestled him down he didn't actually fight him". What a pu$$y". It's like come on! get a life crosby's the best player in the world, concussions are serious so you have to be a "pu$$y" when dealing with them sometimes. and crosby would pound the crap out of you if he fought you.

Old
06-10-2012, 08:18 PM
BrookswasHere44

Quote:
The fact that he started to understand the NHL game last year playing on the 4th line makes your statement just plain wrong. All the whining and moaning is really old. He is starting to make progress in large part because they have handled him with kid gloves. Talent alone does not make you a good player.
He has no place on this team. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Hes not handled with kid gloves, hes not trusted

Old
06-10-2012, 08:19 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I have to disagree about Tangradi being a 4th liner. That's not his style, that's not his role. I'm sure he would be happy to make the NHL instead of being in the AHL, but in no way would he be happy with playing on the 4th line all the time.

Same with Jeffrey, his role is 3rd line center, I don't think he would be happy being a 4th line winger.

Honestly, since they're waiver eligible, just trade them and build again, we got Uher developing, we can draft a winger to develop and give guys like Tangradi and Jeffrey a chance elsewhere.

I'm sure some team will give Tangradi top 6 minutes and Jeffrey can be an NHL team's 3rd line center.

Just my opinion though, they might accept roles as 4th liners, my guess is no.
Right now, Jeffrey & Tangradi's trade value is at the bottom of the barrel. There IS a spot in the top 6 on the left side with Sullivan not re-signing (a safe assumption).

The best thing we can do for the team, from an asset management point of view, is give those 2 guys a chance to play on the 4th line, but also get 2nd unit PP time and some double-shifts with one of the big 3 at centre. This way, it will give these guys a legit opportunit to earn more ice time if they perform, as well as also showcase themselves to other teams to increase their trade value.

Trading now would be a classic case of selling low. Doing what I suggest gives them a chance to make an impact on this team, or at worst should give them some better trade value should we decide to move them.

Old
06-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Blitzburgh87*

If we ended up packaging Kennedy and Martin or something who could you see filling in? Tangradi or UFA?

Old
06-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Flat Stanley

I just don't want to let Asham go for Tangradi or Jeffrey.

I agree, those guys deserve a chance, I just think Asham brings more to this team than those 2.

Old
06-10-2012, 08:23 PM
SEALBound

Tangradi isn't ready to provide what we need in a top 6 wing right now. 4th line or AHL it is for him right now I'm afraid.

Old
06-10-2012, 08:51 PM
BrookswasHere44

Why is it safe to assume Sully is gone? Retire you think?

Closed Thread