HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Off-Season Discussion - Part IV (Cap Info in Post 1)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2012, 06:45 PM
  #951
mr sidney crosby
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
....and when things get ugly?? Dustin Jeffrey is the answer
What do to think dustin jeffrey has the potential to do in the nhl? 15-20 goals?

mr sidney crosby is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 06:46 PM
  #952
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 16,515
vCash: 500
Really hoping Shero can acquire Stewart, move Martin and keep Staal. You want Sid protected? Stewart can go with anyone. And will be on the ice far more of the time than Asham.

Asham is my 13th forward if he resigns. Give Tangradi a chance.

mpp9 is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 06:49 PM
  #953
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
I think people are overlooking what Asham brings to the team.

He's a veteran, he's well respected in the locker room, he's a team guy who stands up for his team mates. He's a 4th liner, who cares if he's slow, and he's not even that slow, he also has a good shot and turns it up in the playoffs.

And more importantly, he wants to be here and he's not an expensive player.

You can't just replace that with Jeffrey or Tangradi.

Flat Stanley is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 06:50 PM
  #954
mr sidney crosby
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Really hoping Shero can acquire Stewart, move Martin and keep Staal. You want Sid protected? Stewart can go with anyone. And will be on the ice far more of the time than Asham.

Asham is my 13th forward if he resigns. Give Tangradi a chance.
I really like stewart too and hope we can get him. I also like someone else that i know everybody hates and everyone was cry when i say i want him. Nikolai kulemin

mr sidney crosby is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 06:52 PM
  #955
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 16,515
vCash: 500
Tangradi-Vitale-Adams is my 4th line. If TK gets moved and Sully doesn't resign, then yes I'd be all for resigning him.

mpp9 is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 06:52 PM
  #956
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Really hoping Shero can acquire Stewart, move Martin and keep Staal. You want Sid protected? Stewart can go with anyone. And will be on the ice far more of the time than Asham.

Asham is my 13th forward if he resigns. Give Tangradi a chance.
Asham won't be the 13th forward though. The only way Adams and Asham are out of the lineup is if Shero takes away the option by getting rid of them. Bylsma will always play them if they are on the team.

I like Asham as much as anyone but there's not a lot of open roster spots right now barring trades.

Captain Hook is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 06:53 PM
  #957
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sidney crosby View Post
What do to think dustin jeffrey has the potential to do in the nhl? 15-20 goals?
I really have no idea. He doesn't fit into a 4th line role, I can tell you that. He could possibly be a 3rd line center, but he rode the pine for a reason at the end of the year. I watched a lost soul against Buffalo last year. I realize that everybody was really bad in that game, but DJ looked like he was playing in his first ever hockey game. I guess we will see in training camp, if he doesn't get traded.

froods is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 06:54 PM
  #958
mr sidney crosby
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Tangradi-Vitale-Adams is my 4th line.
Tangradi on the 4th line . Why can't bylsma just give him a shot in the top 6 role and let him show his potential or show he's a bust.

mr sidney crosby is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 06:55 PM
  #959
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Tangradi-Vitale-Adams is my 4th line. If TK gets moved and Sully doesn't resign, then yes I'd be all for resigning him.
I would like Tangradi-Vitale-Asham with Adams as the extra forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Asham won't be the 13th forward though. The only way Adams and Asham are out of the lineup is if Shero takes away the option by getting rid of them. Bylsma will always play them if they are on the team.

I like Asham as much as anyone but there's not a lot of open roster spots right now barring trades.
This again. Maybe he has flaked out in the playoffs in the past 3 years, but the man has won a lot of games facing a lot of adversity. He is not a child.

froods is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 06:59 PM
  #960
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
I have to disagree about Tangradi being a 4th liner. That's not his style, that's not his role. I'm sure he would be happy to make the NHL instead of being in the AHL, but in no way would he be happy with playing on the 4th line all the time.

Same with Jeffrey, his role is 3rd line center, I don't think he would be happy being a 4th line winger.

Honestly, since they're waiver eligible, just trade them and build again, we got Uher developing, we can draft a winger to develop and give guys like Tangradi and Jeffrey a chance elsewhere.

I'm sure some team will give Tangradi top 6 minutes and Jeffrey can be an NHL team's 3rd line center.

Just my opinion though, they might accept roles as 4th liners, my guess is no.

Flat Stanley is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 07:04 PM
  #961
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 16,515
vCash: 500
I want Tangradi in the lineup next season. I don't want him being held out b/c Asham is a good locker room guy and wants a Cup.

mpp9 is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 07:13 PM
  #962
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
I would like Tangradi-Vitale-Asham with Adams as the extra forward.



This again. Maybe he has flaked out in the playoffs in the past 3 years, but the man has won a lot of games facing a lot of adversity. He is not a child.
I never said he was a bad coach. Every coach has his favorites though and I don't know how anyone can argue that Adams and Asham aren't among his and for good reason in the past but things also change. I think those guys are both rapidly approaching the end of their careers and the Pens run the risk of keeping them a year too long. It's not a huge risk given the cheap contracts though.

I think guys like Vitale and Jeffrey are defensively responsible enough to handle a lot of 4th line and pk duty. Jeffrey and Tangradi have also seemed to have chemistry together when they've played on the 4th line.

At some point a guy like Tangradi also has to fight for his teammates or another depth player has to fight. You can't always have a designated goon. Some goons like McIntyre have become ineffective because no one has the balls to fight them anymore. Asham does find willing combatants but he's had concussion issues and that scares me. I just have concerns how well a guy will hold up when a big part of his role gets him punched in the head frequently.

Captain Hook is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 07:15 PM
  #963
mr sidney crosby
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Question, i know i'll sound dumb but how do you comment on youtube videos? I'm sooo sick of people calling crosby a pu$$y and flyer fans commenting saying crosby's a baby, crosby would get killed in a fight, this an that. Crosby is not a *****, concussions are terrible and if you get one the next and the next come easier and easier and he probably wants to have a life other then hockey, and crosby is no shrimp he is strong! so im sick of people calling him a wimp and a pu$$y. #fanshavenorespect

mr sidney crosby is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 07:19 PM
  #964
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sidney crosby View Post
Question, i know i'll sound dumb but how do you comment on youtube videos? I'm sooo sick of people calling crosby a pu$$y and flyer fans commenting saying crosby's a baby, crosby would get killed in a fight, this an that. Crosby is not a *****, concussions are terrible and if you get one the next and the next come easier and easier and he probably wants to have a life other then hockey, and crosby is no shrimp he is strong! so im sick of people calling him a wimp and a pu$$y. #fanshavenorespect
Don't waste your time.

Trust me, they don't care what you have to say, they'll just say "Haha stupid homer, Pens suck, Crosby sucks"

People are idiots man, if they think Crosby is a pu$$y, then Claude Giroux is a pu$$y. It's that easy.

Flat Stanley is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 07:23 PM
  #965
mr sidney crosby
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Don't waste your time.

Trust me, they don't care what you have to say, they'll just say "Haha stupid homer, Pens suck, Crosby sucks"

People are idiots man, if they think Crosby is a pu$$y, then Claude Giroux is a pu$$y. It's that easy.
Yeah, it makes me so mad hah. Crosby probably loves the game more then anyone so he isn't missing the games on purpose. He wants to play and be out there with the team.

mr sidney crosby is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 07:42 PM
  #966
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!
 
Sh00terMcGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Don't waste your time.

Trust me, they don't care what you have to say, they'll just say "Haha stupid homer, Pens suck, Crosby sucks"

People are idiots man, if they think Crosby is a pu$$y, then Claude Giroux is a pu$$y. It's that easy.
This. I hate so many of those "keyboard hardasses," who bring nothing but negativity to every single video.

Sh00terMcGavin is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 07:48 PM
  #967
BrookswasHere44
Registered User
 
BrookswasHere44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,404
vCash: 500
Same old broken record..for Tangradi's sake trade him!! Hes not a 4th liner, id take Asham on the 4th every day! Tangradi on the 4th is, was, always will be a joke

BrookswasHere44 is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 07:53 PM
  #968
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookswasHere44 View Post
Same old broken record..for Tangradi's sake trade him!! Hes not a 4th liner, id take Asham on the 4th every day! Tangradi on the 4th is, was, always will be a joke
The fact that he started to understand the NHL game last year playing on the 4th line makes your statement just plain wrong. All the whining and moaning is really old. He is starting to make progress in large part because they have handled him with kid gloves. Talent alone does not make you a good player.

froods is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 07:53 PM
  #969
mr sidney crosby
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00terMcGavin View Post
This. I hate so many of those "keyboard hardasses," who bring nothing but negativity to every single video.
Yep. every video i watch of crosby theres always a ton of comments like "crosby's a diver", "crosby is overrated", "crosby's a pu$$y", or "crosby only won that fight because he wrestled him down he didn't actually fight him". What a pu$$y". It's like come on! get a life crosby's the best player in the world, concussions are serious so you have to be a "pu$$y" when dealing with them sometimes. and crosby would pound the crap out of you if he fought you.

mr sidney crosby is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 08:18 PM
  #970
BrookswasHere44
Registered User
 
BrookswasHere44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
The fact that he started to understand the NHL game last year playing on the 4th line makes your statement just plain wrong. All the whining and moaning is really old. He is starting to make progress in large part because they have handled him with kid gloves. Talent alone does not make you a good player.
He has no place on this team. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Hes not handled with kid gloves, hes not trusted

BrookswasHere44 is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 08:19 PM
  #971
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor
 
jmelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I have to disagree about Tangradi being a 4th liner. That's not his style, that's not his role. I'm sure he would be happy to make the NHL instead of being in the AHL, but in no way would he be happy with playing on the 4th line all the time.

Same with Jeffrey, his role is 3rd line center, I don't think he would be happy being a 4th line winger.

Honestly, since they're waiver eligible, just trade them and build again, we got Uher developing, we can draft a winger to develop and give guys like Tangradi and Jeffrey a chance elsewhere.

I'm sure some team will give Tangradi top 6 minutes and Jeffrey can be an NHL team's 3rd line center.

Just my opinion though, they might accept roles as 4th liners, my guess is no.
Right now, Jeffrey & Tangradi's trade value is at the bottom of the barrel. There IS a spot in the top 6 on the left side with Sullivan not re-signing (a safe assumption).

The best thing we can do for the team, from an asset management point of view, is give those 2 guys a chance to play on the 4th line, but also get 2nd unit PP time and some double-shifts with one of the big 3 at centre. This way, it will give these guys a legit opportunit to earn more ice time if they perform, as well as also showcase themselves to other teams to increase their trade value.

Trading now would be a classic case of selling low. Doing what I suggest gives them a chance to make an impact on this team, or at worst should give them some better trade value should we decide to move them.

jmelm is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 08:21 PM
  #972
Blitzburgh87*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,647
vCash: 500
If we ended up packaging Kennedy and Martin or something who could you see filling in? Tangradi or UFA?

Blitzburgh87* is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 08:23 PM
  #973
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
I just don't want to let Asham go for Tangradi or Jeffrey.

I agree, those guys deserve a chance, I just think Asham brings more to this team than those 2.

Flat Stanley is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 08:23 PM
  #974
SEALBound
Registered User
 
SEALBound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,080
vCash: 500
Tangradi isn't ready to provide what we need in a top 6 wing right now. 4th line or AHL it is for him right now I'm afraid.

SEALBound is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 08:51 PM
  #975
BrookswasHere44
Registered User
 
BrookswasHere44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,404
vCash: 500
Why is it safe to assume Sully is gone? Retire you think?

BrookswasHere44 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.