HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winter Classic Prices Announced

Old
06-09-2012, 01:23 PM
juiceman

vCash: 500
Winter Classic Prices Announced

From mlive.com:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index...._prices_r.html

The ticket prices for the Winter Classic have been announced. They range from $89.00 to $279.00. $89 seats are close to the field, while the $279 seats are up in the club level.

Tickets for the events at Comerica Park will cost $18, $28, $38. There is no indication as to when they go on sale, or how many will be available to the general public. If you have a full-season or 20-game plan, you are guaranteed the right to purchase tickets. For every Winter Classic ticket you purchase, you have to purchase a GLI ticket. Alumni game information has not been published yet.

From a graphic on detroitredwings.com (http://redwings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=80663):

But, according to the Grand Rapids Griffins, there will be no public sale to the event. No tickets to the public expected...corporate sponsors get first dibs then going to season ticket holders of the Red Wings, GR Griffins, Plymouth Whalers (plus Leafs, Marlies, and Sting) second as a way to boost their season ticket sales. Each of those can purchase up to 4 tickets.

"According to an email Josh Howard received from the Grand Rapids Griffins, there will be no public sale of Winter Classic tickets:

As we enter our beautiful summer months, we are looking forward to our 17th Season this year. We have some exciting events coming up this year including the Winter Classic Game between the Detroit Red Wings and the Toronto Maple Leafs. There will be no public sale for this event and the Griffins are one of the only places you can purchase tickets to this historic event. Tickets will be made available to many of our ticket plan holders"

This is from: http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...-pricing_info/

I think that the prices are about right where they should be.

juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Shoalzie

Decent prices at the Copa...prices are higher in the upper deck because I assume it has to do with visibility. I sat upper deck at Spartan Stadium for the Cold War...the higher up you sit, the more of the ice you'll see. The lower seats are quite overrated...seating at Comerica is quite flat so there will be parts of the ice you won't be able to see from field level.

It would be fun to go to the Big House but not at those prices. It'll probably be better to watch it on TV. It would be great to tailgate before the game though.

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 01:56 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
you guys got lucky. that is so cheap for both games.

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 02:00 PM
juiceman

Concerning the line from the Griffins about no public sales. That could be them trying to get people to think that they need to purchase a ticket plan in order to get Winter Classic tickets.

There very well may be a public sale, but they don't want people to know that.

Old
06-09-2012, 02:30 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Those are some cheap seats. I was fully prepared to spend 300-400 bucks per ticket.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Shoalzie

They didn't mention the GLI...I'd assume those tickets are available to the public. Decent field with the usuals Michigan and Michigan State along with WMU and Tech.

Old
06-09-2012, 03:12 PM
chances14

it's a shame if they're not going to do any public sales for any of the tickets.

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 05:34 PM
evolutionbaby

Public Sale

I personally can't even begin to believe there won't be a public sale. The stadium seats how people? I guess they are expecting every Wings and Leafs season ticket holder to bring three others with them?

evolutionbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 05:34 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
With my luck, I'd get tickets and it'll be a blizzard and I'll never be able to make the trip.

I think I'll watch it on TV.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Noisespektrum

This is definetely a stay at home type of game.

Noisespektrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 01:36 AM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by llb9977 View Post
You say that because...?

Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 01:36 AM
Brodie
to the hall

why should anyone in SE Mich have to buy season tickets to a team that plays 2 hours away to see an event in SE Mich? That's moronic. As if I'm going to drive to Grand Rapids on a nightly or weekly basis to justify one game.

Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Ozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
why should anyone in SE Mich have to buy season tickets to a team that plays 2 hours away to see an event in SE Mich? That's moronic. As if I'm going to drive to Grand Rapids on a nightly or weekly basis to justify one game.
I'm sure there are plenty of Wings fans in or closer to GR who may have Griffins season tickets, though.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Shoalzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by llb9977 View Post

It's a difficult watch when you're there but you go to be a part of the atmosphere. The rink is a lot of tougher to watch than a football field. Comerica would've been the better viewing experience but being a part of a possible record crowd at the Big House could be fun.

Old
06-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
With my luck, I'd get tickets and it'll be a blizzard and I'll never be able to make the trip.

I think I'll watch it on TV.
I hear you. I missed a concert this year due to a blizzard.

It's a beating on your psyche to realize you are considering risking your life on the road so you don't waste $200 in tickets.

The difference is I'd probably brave it for the Wings outdoor game.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 10:08 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

How much are whalers season tickets? I might get a package just for this game.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Konnan511
#FreePulu

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
It's a difficult watch when you're there but you go to be a part of the atmosphere. The rink is a lot of tougher to watch than a football field. Comerica would've been the better viewing experience but being a part of a possible record crowd at the Big House could be fun.
I had no issues watching the UofM MSU game at The Big House. CoPa would not have been a better view.

Konnan511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Shoalzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post

I did a 9-game plan two years ago...it's pricey driving from the westside and you still have to pay for parking and concessions. If I lived within an hour of Detroit, I'd probably get a half-season plan since the travel wouldn't be so bad. I'm going to within two hours of downtown after I move next year...still not close enough to get a ticket plan though.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Shoalzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
I had no issues watching the UofM MSU game at The Big House. CoPa would not have been a better view.

The cameras make the Big House look massive but it's not as bad as it looks. All the seating is one giant bowl. I've sat near the top of the stadium for a football game. It's not bad for football but it might be a little tough for watching hockey on a smaller "field".

As I said, I sat upper deck at Spartan Stadium for the Cold War...when you're above the field and you can see the entire ice, it's not that bad. If you sat upper deck at Comerica for the other games, you'll be look straight down on the ice.

I could only imagine what a game would've been at Tiger Stadium...that was a stadium that could've been perfect for a hockey game. The upper deck there would've been great...you'd be right on top of the ice. If the stadium was kept up before they tore it down, that could've been a memorable last event before they ultimately tore it down.

Old
06-10-2012, 03:39 PM
wingsfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
But, according to the Grand Rapids Griffins, there will be no public sale to the event. No tickets to the public expected...corporate sponsors get first dibs then going to season ticket holders of the Red Wings, GR Griffins, Plymouth Whalers (plus Leafs, Marlies, and Sting) second as a way to boost their season ticket sales. Each of those can purchase up to 4 tickets.
I was thinking the only way I might be able to go was to get a 20 game pack, but you really think something as small as Whalers' season ticket holders would get a chance to purchase? I live 10 minutes away from the arena and go to like 20 games a year anyway, it's so cheap I would look into it if it meant being able to go to the winter classic.

wingsfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 04:57 PM
juiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsfan17 View Post
I was thinking the only way I might be able to go was to get a 20 game pack, but you really think something as small as Whalers' season ticket holders would get a chance to purchase? I live 10 minutes away from the arena and go to like 20 games a year anyway, it's so cheap I would look into it if it meant being able to go to the winter classic.
It's possible, but they may actually be the "low man on the totem pole" so to speak when it comes to the tickets. The tickets would go to Wings and Leafs ticket holders first, & then everyone else falls behind them.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:51 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
Decent prices at the Copa...prices are higher in the upper deck because I assume it has to do with visibility. I sat upper deck at Spartan Stadium for the Cold War...the higher up you sit, the more of the ice you'll see. The lower seats are quite overrated...seating at Comerica is quite flat so there will be parts of the ice you won't be able to see from field level.

It would be fun to go to the Big House but not at those prices. It'll probably be better to watch it on TV. It would be great to tailgate before the game though.
My guess is that the Comerica events are going to bomb.
Sounds good on paper. And then you start thinking... do I really want to go outside and watch the Saginaw Spirit vs the Spitfires or the GLI.

Would have been cool to have the WJCs in Detroit at the Joe and at Copa. That might have been interesting

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 09:19 PM
pdd

What about Michigan football season ticket holders?

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 09:48 PM
chances14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
What about Michigan football season ticket holders?
i don't think they get any dibs on tickets

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote