HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Trade Value

View Poll Results: What is Luongo's Value?
High Value (e.g., Schenn & Kadri / etc.) 57 13.87%
Moderate Value (e.g., Franson & MacArthur / etc.) 211 51.34%
Low Value (e.g., Franson / 2nd rounder / etc.) 99 24.09%
Negative Value (e.g., Komisarek / etc.) 30 7.30%
Highly Negative Value (e.g., Komisarek & Lombardi) 14 3.41%
Voters: 411. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-09-2012, 09:13 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
onelineblue shares your opinions but at least you spend the alot more energy explaining yours
Nope.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 09:14 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
Setting the bar low ?

T-Bay went on a long run just a season ago . While most of the peices of that run were in place when he got there he still picked up a goalie among a few other pieces who gave them the quality tending they needed . This year the team played poorly and he took advantage of a strong sellers market to load up on picks . He goes about his business quietly and effectivly without any BS .

Where was Burke this trade deadline ? He couldn't decide whether he was a buyer or a seller and just sat there doing nothing . He should have traded JML and if the right deal came along Grabo but instead he signed them to long term deals .
Stevey Y has done nothing for TB.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:52 AM
green lantern

I'm of the belief we shouldn't be aiming that high for a goaltender, I'd prefer more of a Josh Harding type that would compete with Reimer.

For those bashing Luongo though remember his florida years he was on a bad team and usually the reason if they did win any games.

green lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Stevey Y has done nothing for TB.
thank you very much, someone else knows this!

06-09-2012, 01:00 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Go Leafs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
So you're saying even though Campbell was a valuable player, Chicago gave him away for free because of his contract?
I would say that's a major part of the reason he was traded.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 01:10 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Stevey's biggest blockbuster trade to date to fix Tampa's blue line...

Mike Commodore.

Old
06-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Duke Silver
Truce?

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Stevey's biggest blockbuster trade to date to fix Tampa's blue line...

Mike Commodore.

I agree that he doesn't done much. TB's top 5 scorers during that playoff run were from the old regime.

But Eric Brewer has something to say about Mike Commodore being Stevie Y's best move on D.

Duke Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 01:51 PM
darrylsittler27

Game over,it's Biron the Leafs want.

Veteran seeking prime playing time.he is a free agent and a perfect fit,no assets needed to surrender.Opps Luongo's value just dropped below zero.

darrylsittler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Brown Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
Veteran seeking prime playing time.he is a free agent and a perfect fit,no assets needed to surrender.Opps Luongo's value just dropped below zero.
This just speculation or have you heard something?

I don't love the idea of Biron (no upside), but I guess it's not a bad move if we're still committed to Reimer and Scrivens as long-term options. Certainly beats the hell out of spending assets on acquiring Luongo's absurd contract.

Harding is a guy that is intriguing to me, but I imagine he'll want a multi-year deal, probably at fairly significant money. If we could get him on a two-year deal, though, at reasonable value, he does seem like a good option to play now and possibly be the long-term answer--all without having to sacrifice any assets or hand out a monster contract. We'll see.

Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Nanuk23

Quote:
Just FYI on Marty Biron

Katie Strang@KatieStrangESPN
#NYR Told there has been "progress" in contract talks btwn Rangers and goaltender Martin Biron. Had good year, works well with Lundqvist

Nanuk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Charlie Sheen Swag

I'd go for Bobby Luo if it wont cost us anything too substantial. I'd rather have a true number one guy that will get us into the playoffs rather than take gambles and waste career years for our best players

Charlie Sheen Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

LetsBeReality

Quote:

He's close to signing with NYR. Stock risen actually.

Not to mention. Luongo = Playoffs, Biron = Stop gap in hopes a younger goalie may be a number 1 eventually.

--

Everyone seems to forget that ownership doesn't just want the playoffs like fans do; they need it for this to be a viable business.

Burke can keep tip-toeing around border-line no. 1 goalies as he's done for years, but I think the realization has been made, going forward status quo and taking flyers out on old veterans and hoping young goalies achieve their maximum potential is gambling. As much as Luongo would cost a bit, he's a definitive answer. Anything else you get, that's currently available, is still a question mark. I really hope TO doesn't end up with him from a competition stand-point. FL would be ideal for me.

Christina Woloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Alexander Baigle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBeReality View Post

He's close to signing with NYR. Stock risen actually.

Not to mention. Luongo = Playoffs, Biron = Stop gap in hopes a younger goalie may be a number 1 eventually.

--

Everyone seems to forget that ownership doesn't just want the playoffs like fans do; they need it for this to be a viable business.

Burke can keep tip-toeing around border-line no. 1 goalies as he's done for years, but I think the realization has been made, going forward status quo and taking flyers out on old veterans and hoping young goalies achieve their maximum potential is gambling. As much as Luongo would cost a bit, he's a definitive answer. Anything else you get, that's currently available, is still a question mark. I really hope TO doesn't end up with him from a competition stand-point. FL would be ideal for me.
The leafs are probably the most viable business in the league, one of the most valuable franchises of all time, over any league. Playoffs is still very important to ownership, because every year that the leafs misses the playoffs is another year of millions of potential dollars lost. But Toronto could theoretically never make the playoffs again, and the business it's self would still be in the green.

Alexander Baigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 04:55 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

lol, Luongo's stock hasn't risen. He's only worth what someone is willing to pay which isn't much. It's either a soft deal or no deal imo.

Old
06-10-2012, 05:00 PM
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
come on the jersey's look great

pspot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Duke Silver
Truce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle View Post
The leafs are probably the most viable business in the league, one of the most valuable franchises of all time, over any league. Playoffs is still very important to ownership, because every year that the leafs misses the playoffs is another year of millions of potential dollars lost. But Toronto could theoretically never make the playoffs again, and the business it's self would still be in the green.
Hilarious having all these Canucks fans come on our forums giving their expert opinions on how desperate a position our team is in, what's best for our financial viability and what our players are and aren't capable of. Problem with their analysis is it's all framed through the lens of what best suits the interests of the Canucks.

Old
06-10-2012, 06:38 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Silver View Post
Hilarious having all these Canucks fans come on our forums giving their expert opinions on how desperate a position our team is in, what's best for our financial viability and what our players are and aren't capable of. Problem with their analysis is it's all framed through the lens of what best suits the interests of the Canucks.
There is so much wrong with this picture. Vancouver fans refuse to believe having a 33 yearold anchor signed for a decade; might not be a positive thing... They also miss the completely obvious fact that the reason they have identified that they should direct their completely desperate proposals to the Leafs board; is because the Leafs are the ONLY logical team that might inquire seriously about Luongo. That isn't exactly an ideal situation to ask for an overpayment; when the price will be dictated by what the ONLY offer may be.

They are completely delusional. No you will not get the 5th overall pick, Gardiner and Kadri.... I mean.... WTF?!

BayStBullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 06:44 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

I can't wait for the Leafs to acquire any other goalie; just so these idiotic Canuckleheads will realize how screwed they are with their decade long backup anchor. You can always buy him out and pay up for the next 2 decades!

BayStBullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
They are completely delusional. No you will not get the 5th overall pick, Gardiner and Kadri.... I mean.... WTF?!
No use arguing with them now, just wait until the draft and laugh when they get something along the lines of a cap dump + a B-level prospect or depth roster player + a 2nd/3rd.

Kyle Doobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Kristian Huselius is available as well. Oops, Rick Nash's value just dropped below zero.

No assets needed to surrender!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
I can't wait for the Leafs to acquire any other goalie; just so these idiotic Canuckleheads will realize how screwed they are with their decade long backup anchor. You can always buy him out and pay up for the next 2 decades!
Let's be honset, if Burke ***** the bed and can't get Luongo to Toronto it's going to hurt the Leafs a hell of a lot more than it'll hurt the Canucks. Vancouver will be competing for the Stanley cup, regardless of which goaltender they have between the pipes. The leafs on the other hand...

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Silver View Post
I said I wouldn't want TO to get Luongo. (I think the best interest is trading Schneider.) Way to generalize.

And just because a business is profitable, does not detract that by making one move the business could be exponentially more profitable. I really hope you don't have so much as a hotdog stand.

No one said that the Leafs are desperate, but what position would you call them? Missing the playoffs 8 years in a row, not an abundance available in the FA market. It's not desperate, but there's definitely a need to fill.

Which goalies are going to single handedly put the Leafs in the playoff picture? I'm not asking to prove a point, but who's available?

And for the record, the majority of Canucks fans don't expect Gardiner and the 5th and Schenn. Just one of those pieces and there's only 30% of them dumb enough to expect that.

Personally, if it were to go down, I'd think Franson and a 2nd rounder is about right.

(Now, I exit as I thought this was the FA&TradeRumors section.)

Christina Woloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 07:52 PM
darrylsittler27

Poll says moderate value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Kristian Huselius is available as well. Oops, Rick Nash's value just dropped below zero.

No assets needed to surrender!

Let's be honset, if Burke ***** the bed and can't get Luongo to Toronto it's going to hurt the Leafs a hell of a lot more than it'll hurt the Canucks. Vancouver will be competing for the Stanley cup, regardless of which goaltender they have between the pipes. The leafs on the other hand...
We can argue all day,but the poll says most Leaf fans say he isn't worth all that much.Canucks will make the playoffs and get kicked out in the first round,ensuring a bad pick as every year the Sedins get older?Oh yay!Canucks must win now or never!Quite frankly I dont mind another top 5 pick and I dont think Luongo is the only answer or for that matter that good of one at 35 soon and in decline.A top 10 goalie?

Lets see: Price,Quick,Schneider,Brodeur,Lundquist,Thomas/Rask,Fleury,Ward(?),Miller,Halak(?),Kiprosoff(?,Hi llier,Howard(?) just off the top of my head would be as good or better for far less.No, Vancouver has the problem and your Nash comparison is pathetic.I was saying Biron would be a fit at no real cost.We need our assets to get a number one center and size,not a Luongoal!

Oh and by the way,you cant re sign Schneider unless you unload Luongoal! lol....

Last edited by darrylsittler27: 06-10-2012 at 07:57 PM.
darrylsittler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Duke Silver
Truce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBeReality View Post
I said I wouldn't want TO to get Luongo. (I think the best interest is trading Schneider.) Way to generalize.

And just because a business is profitable, does not detract that by making one move the business could be exponentially more profitable. I really hope you don't have so much as a hotdog stand.

No one said that the Leafs are desperate, but what position would you call them? Missing the playoffs 8 years in a row, not an abundance available in the FA market. It's not desperate, but there's definitely a need to fill.

Which goalies are going to single handedly put the Leafs in the playoff picture? I'm not asking to prove a point, but who's available?

And for the record, the majority of Canucks fans don't expect Gardiner and the 5th and Schenn. Just one of those pieces and there's only 30% of them dumb enough to expect that.

Personally, if it were to go down, I'd think Franson and a 2nd rounder is about right.

(Now, I exit as I thought this was the FA&TradeRumors section.)
Franson and a 2nd is less than what I had in mind. So kudos for having a head on your shoulders.

Of course there's a need to fill, but it's not worth gutting a huge part of our future to do it. Especially for a goalie entering the twilight of his career. You may not have said desperate but I've seen it used by a few of your brethren, including hackeybuff.

I'm able to make generalizations though because you're not first Canucks fan to come on here and make all-knowing posts about subjects you're not familiar with. Trying to sell us that MLSE needs playoff revenue is silly, considering Burke has full autonomy over this team and hasn't yet made any rash win-now moves which sacrificed valuable parts of our future. Your fellow fans are doing themselves no favours with their egotistical and condescending behaviour on our forums, and I'm sorry you got lumped in with them, but there's a common thread here.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:03 PM
mercury

Not into my threeway deal?

TOR: Luongo
VAN: JVR and TOR's 2012 2nd
PHI: L. Schenn and Mason Raymond

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Duke Silver
Truce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Not into my threeway deal?

TOR: Luongo
VAN: JVR and TOR's 2012 2nd
PHI: L. Schenn and Mason Raymond
Vancouver makes out like bandits here. Luongo (poor value) and Raymond (RFA) for JVR and 2nd rounder?

Toronto's not interested in moving Schenn + 2nd for Luongo, I can tell you that.

I doubt Philly's interested in Raymond, too. They're pretty stacked in their top-9 and Raymond doesn't exactly play Flyers-brand hockey.

How about this (leave Luongo out of this, we'll use other assets): Toronto gives up Schenn + 2nd (2012) for JVR + 2nd (2013). Philly unites the Schenn brothers, improves their D which is facing uncertainty because of Pronger's injury, and saves $625,000 annually.