HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SCF Gm#5, 6/9/12: KINGS lose to DEVILS 2-1, but lead series 3-2 ...

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

vCash: 500
being a fan definitely requires energy. I have found myself emotionally drained since the game 4 loss

Old
06-10-2012, 11:15 PM
T308
HFBoards Sponsor

Back from Jersey. Gutted.

Some snaps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dd.jpg‎ (63.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg jw and ak.jpg‎ (77.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg jw.jpg‎ (90.2 KB, 16 views)

Old
06-10-2012, 11:17 PM
T308
HFBoards Sponsor

DD's face at the end of the game pretty much says it all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dd2.jpg‎ (103.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg defeat.jpg‎ (83.9 KB, 30 views)

Old
06-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
Now I feel better knowing what I should do and the way I should do it.
Just my observation. If you don't like it that's fine. We all have opinions. Not saying you have to do anything. But if you do feel better, glad I could help.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Wooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Just my observation. If you don't like it that's fine. We all have opinions. Not saying you have to do anything. But if you do feel better, glad I could help.
I understand your posts much better when they include stills from cartoons

Old
06-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Leo W

Kings are going to win tomorrow at home, come on boys I want to change my avatar to Kopitar holding the cup! GO KINGS.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:45 PM
SouthernJ
Rookie User

.....am I the only person who thought to tweet a "you don't suck" message to those I have on my list? Seriously, no wonder the guys are losing confidence. It's got to be hard carrying the entire world on your shoulders, at least the hockey world, and then we the fans sit there and tear them apart when they're not perfect. Cripes. To say that X hasn't done enough or Y completely sucks is completely destroying the fact they all played a part in getting this far. Not one single player but as a unit. No one person is costing them anything. So Kopi hasn't been feeling great the past couple games. What's the kid supposed to do? Be perfect forever and ever because Fans A, B, and C demand it? Quick messed up. Yep, he did, and you know he's also saved their collective bacons before. Same with every player mentioned on this post.

I'm not a player, have no coordination whatsoever, and I'm exhausted by the sheer pressure we add to the players' lives. I can't imagine playing so hard for months, on top of regular season, to get so far and have fans basically say you suck because you're not perfect. Again, I say cripes.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Leo W

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernJ View Post
.....am I the only person who thought to tweet a "you don't suck" message to those I have on my list? Seriously, no wonder the guys are losing confidence. It's got to be hard carrying the entire world on your shoulders, at least the hockey world, and then we the fans sit there and tear them apart when they're not perfect. Cripes. To say that X hasn't done enough or Y completely sucks is completely destroying the fact they all played a part in getting this far. Not one single player but as a unit. No one person is costing them anything. So Kopi hasn't been feeling great the past couple games. What's the kid supposed to do? Be perfect forever and ever because Fans A, B, and C demand it? Quick messed up. Yep, he did, and you know he's also saved their collective bacons before. Same with every player mentioned on this post.

I'm not a player, have no coordination whatsoever, and I'm exhausted by the sheer pressure we add to the players' lives. I can't imagine playing so hard for months, on top of regular season, to get so far and have fans basically say you suck because you're not perfect. Again, I say cripes.
So true, A LOT of fans have already seemingly turned their backs on this team!

Old
06-10-2012, 11:58 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
If so, then fine. Less pressure on them.

But there will be 18,000+ at Staples tomorrow night who have not, and they will hear us.

Old
06-11-2012, 12:18 AM
SouthernJ
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
If so, then fine. Less pressure on them.

But there will be 18,000+ at Staples tomorrow night who have not, and they will hear us.
I won't be a turned back fan. Even if they lose the Cup, I'm still really, really proud of them. Granted, I've been watching a little over 3 months, but I've also just discovered the sport 3 months ago so I'm getting all kinds of educated by watching every game of the playoffs. And watching the Kings work as a unit? Is rather inspiring because they seem to keep each other alive in the game. They're downhearted right now. Who can blame them? But they've worked their butts off to get this far. If they lose? I'll be disappointed but I won't lose the pride, either.

Majority of the player are at least 5 years younger than me. I can't imagine holding all this on my shoulders at that age. It's not the sport they're carrying...it's us, themselves, the organization, the media...so much pressure on such a young age. I have to respect the fact they're still out working their butts, even if they don't. I don't get angry AT them when they lose, or a goal doesn't go in. I get angry FOR them. I get angry when the pucks ding because I see what they're trying to do. They're not out there knitting between shots.

Old
06-11-2012, 01:14 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

If we do win i hope the random ****** dont riot. It would be embarrassing.

Old
06-11-2012, 01:17 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

I've got a good feeling about Game 6. Go Kings!

Old
06-11-2012, 01:20 AM
niomosy

Well, if Quick can avoid crappy passes like the one in game 5, Voynov can stop helping the Devils score, and Kopy starts shooting the puck, we'll be on the right track.

I really do hope game 5 was a wake up call for Quick. I realize he's bound to do something problematic once in a while but that needs to be it for this series. Lights Out Quick would be great but we'll see.

Honestly, I'd love a 2-1 Kings win with Brown and Gagne getting the goals for the Kings. Gagne's been close. He seems due.

Old
06-11-2012, 01:31 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

If people turn their backs on the Kings after two losses then **** 'em, we don't want them anyways. There are two worthy teams out there battling and putting everything on the line. Some "fans" have become so spoiled as a result of steamrolling through the first three rounds they forgot this isn't supposed to be easy. I'm not worried, and know we'll win tomorrow night. But no matter how this turns out, our team has had an incredible run and deserve NOTHING but full support.

Old
06-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Two crappy goals by New Jersey. Kings looked like the better team to me.

Get em in 6 boys!

Closed Thread