HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First Roy, Now Brodeur

Old
06-10-2012, 11:22 PM
goalvalchuk17

vCash: 500
brodeur may be 40, but he is on another level of goalies when it comes to playoff time. when people will start to realize that, i just dont know.

goalvalchuk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Im not sure that this has been brought up but after last nights Loss I had to take a drive and get out of the house. I was thinking. If we lose this series we will have lost to Roy and Brodeur and in the process gave them each one of theirm 4 stanley cup rings.It is the Kings luck to run into the 2 greatest goalies of all time in each of their 2 SCF appearences 2 decades a part. Kings luck is to not get someone like Bryzgolov or any other Goalie in the SCF. No we get the two greatest tenders of all time.

just a thought I had last night.
Hey man, I can see where you're coming from & honestly, though I am a NJ fan, I feel this is a historical series.

In any case, I find it odd you want Bryz when you have Quick. Quick has been solid this year and is my goalie on the Devils in NHL12 after Brodeur retired in GM mode.

Quick is probably the best young goalie under 30. Not Price, Not Scnieder, Not Mason, Not Fluery, Not Rask. Quick plays well and should keep you guys competitive for years barring a major injury or major collapse.

Mory Schneideur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 01:58 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalchukparise179 View Post
brodeur may be 40, but he is on another level of goalies when it comes to playoff time. when people will start to realize that, i just dont know.
I have to admit, Brodeur has been putting on a legendary performance in this SCF & is, dare I say it, outplaying Quick. Unreal.

Old
06-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyrocket View Post

In any case, I find it odd you want Bryz when you have Quick. Quick has been solid this year and is my goalie on the Devils in NHL12 after Brodeur retired in GM mode.
I believe he was talking about facing Bryzgolov.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:06 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
I believe he was talking about facing Bryzgolov.
Ohhhhhh, now it makes sense

Yeah I'd rather want to face Bryz or someone like that too. Marty is playing like a legend this series, I would hate to face him as an opponent.

Keep in mind though, some people underestimated Brodeur before this series. His play is Conn Smythe worthy so far. If the Devils go 7, he may be the winner no matter the outcome, especially If it's close.

This is not to downplay Quick at all, I'm a huge fan... But Marty doing what he's been doing this series at 40 vs a 25 year old Quick seems far more incredible seeing especially how things are unfolding at the moment.

Old
06-11-2012, 02:13 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

**** Brodeur and the horse he rode in on.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:17 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
**** Brodeur and the horse he rode in on.
that was a good one, but don't bring any trolling in here please. I admit it made me laugh and is a great line though!

Old
06-11-2012, 02:44 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyrocket View Post
that was a good one, but don't bring any trolling in here please. I admit it made me laugh and is a great line though!
This is the Kings' board. Don't like it, don't read it.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:52 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
This is the Kings' board. Don't like it, don't read it.
I thought it was funny, just meant lets keep it civil, I know i'm in enemy territory and i'm not here to cause trouble

Old
06-11-2012, 04:54 AM
2-4 Slashin
Tony Granato Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Not trying to single you out at all here Hatter, but you know what I'm getting of this ... I know we were up 3-0, but at the Start of the series hardly a single one of us thought we'd sweep these guys, I'm not sure if ANYONE did. The majority of people figured the Kings in SIX ... and that's what it's looking like will happen, provided the KINGS show up and play their butts off Monday night. So let's stop this feeling sorry for ourselves, let's stop all this doom and gloom.

An oft repeated phrase... But it rings so true right here.....

"THIS"

My exact thought as I pondered our loss.. Virtually every one I respect in hockey stated Kings in 6
So here we are. NJ are not Pollyanna's but we do have their dance card stamped for game 6.

Slashin

2-4 Slashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:57 AM
2-4 Slashin
Tony Granato Fan!

My exact thought as I pondered our loss.. Virtually every one I respect in the hockey community said the Kings in 6. So here we are. We all knew the Devils were not Pollyanna's and that had to respect their organization. But we do have their dance card stamped for game 6. And I believe the Cup will be ours...
This Year.. Right Now and at HOME!

Slashin

2-4 Slashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-4 Slashin View Post
My exact thought as I pondered our loss.. Virtually every one I respect in the hockey community said the Kings in 6. So here we are. We all knew the Devils were not Pollyanna's and that had to respect their organization. But we do have their dance card stamped for game 6. And I believe the Cup will be ours...
This Year.. Right Now and at HOME!

Slashin
I can see what your saying but idk man. This isn't your typical series so far & has that feeling of 7 games written all of it. I'm sure none of the analysts expected 3-0 LA and then 2 wins by NJ going into game 6.

Old
06-11-2012, 05:50 AM
manisback121

The times when J's the underdog this deep, brodeur's been like a cement/brick wall in front of the net. A few years ago, he was having problems due to lack of quality backup, now you guys unfortunately (for your sake) see him with fresh legs.

Go back to 2003, he has always had his softies, just a matter of how he plays; but also his brilliance that you guys saw the other night.

manisback121 is offline   Reply With Quote