HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

BBH Mock Draft

Old
06-10-2012, 11:22 AM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
BBH Mock Draft

Top 15-

- Nail Yakupov
- Alex Galchenyuk
- Mikhail Grigorenko
- Ryan Murray
- Filip Forsberg
- Matt Dumba
- Morgan Reilly
- Teuvo Teravainen
- Radek Faksa
- Griffin Reinhart
- Zemgus Girgensons
- Cody Ceci
- Tomas Hertl
- Olli Määttä
- Jacob Trouba

Last edited by BBH: 06-10-2012 at 11:35 AM.
BBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:26 AM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

16-30-

- Scott Laughton
- Matt Finn
- Martin Frk
- Malcolm Subban
- Tom Wilson
- Brady Skjei
- Brendan Gaunce
- Dalton Thrower
- Henrik Samuelsson
- Derrick Pouliot
- Pontus Aberg
- Hampus Lindholm
- Slater Koekkoek*

*If chooses not to forfeit their pick:

- Andrei Vasilevski
- Slater Koekkoek

Last edited by BBH: 06-10-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old
06-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Sundinisagod
@snizzbone

FWIW Montreal fans are convinced they're not taking Grigorenko.

I think Columbus is choosing between Forsberg, and Murray...leaning Forsberg.

Talk about no love for Dumba...

Sundinisagod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:35 AM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Derp. I didn't put Dumba in.

Made a minor edit to move a couple of guys around.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:42 AM
txomisc

Dallas does need a guy like Hertl but he seems like a stretch for them with Maatta and Trouba still available.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:10 PM
puckMAN

I can't see Sabastian Collberg falling out of round.I could be wrong though.

Last edited by puckMAN: 06-10-2012 at 12:16 PM.
puckMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:20 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

IMO Collberg goes 31.

Old
06-10-2012, 02:13 PM
DohBruins

Bruins will not take Samuelsson... Cam Neely hated his Dad, Ulf... screwed over his carreer.

DohBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Brooksterman
Rookie User

No chance Faksa lasts till Winnipeg picks. Toronto will take him if Galchenyuk is gone by 5 as those are the 2 guys that Burke likes. Even if Toronto doesn't take Faksa Carolina will as they like to draft players in the first round that come from the Kitchener Rangers.

Brooksterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksterman View Post
No chance Faksa lasts till Winnipeg picks. Toronto will take him if Galchenyuk is gone by 5 as those are the 2 guys that Burke likes. Even if Toronto doesn't take Faksa Carolina will as they like to draft players in the first round that come from the Kitchener Rangers.
I wouldn't be too sure about Leafs taking Faksa. They could very well take a Dman, or BPA.

Kessely Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Brooksterman
Rookie User

Well consider that Burke went to alot of Kitchener Ranger playoff games like he did last year with Percy. Plus Faksa is one of only 3 expected 1st round picks of the 60 draft eligable players that have been invited for a longer tour of Toronto and a private workout, the others being Galchenyuk and Wilson who won't go until mid to late first. Burke's draft picks usually come from this list as both Percy and Biggs were on the list last year and McKegg and Kadri were in their draft years as well. Faksa is a Brian Burke type player that will fit in with the Burke and Carlysle system if their still around in 2 years and Burke does everything assuming that he'll be around to see it. All the evidence points to Burke taking one of those two guys. Mark my words I'd give it at a 90% chance that Toronto walks away from the draft with either Galchenyuk or Faksa.

Old
06-10-2012, 08:18 PM
grits207

Quote:
Well consider that Burke went to alot of Kitchener Ranger playoff games like he did last year with Percy. Plus Faksa is one of only 3 expected 1st round picks of the 60 draft eligable players that have been invited for a longer tour of Toronto and a private workout, the others being Galchenyuk and Wilson who won't go until mid to late first. Burke's draft picks usually come from this list as both Percy and Biggs were on the list last year and McKegg and Kadri were in their draft years as well. Faksa is a Brian Burke type player that will fit in with the Burke and Carlysle system if their still around in 2 years and Burke does everything assuming that he'll be around to see it. All the evidence points to Burke taking one of those two guys. Mark my words I'd give it at a 90% chance that Toronto walks away from the draft with either Galchenyuk or Faksa.
Faksa may be a "Burke type player" but Burke knows the Leafs need a #1 center, not another 2nd or 3rd liner like Faksa will probably. I'm not saying it won't happen as the Leafs interest in Faksa has gone back quite a while but it would be a massive mistake and probably the final nail in Burke's coffin.

grits207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 08:55 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
I also agree the Leafs wouldn't be taking Faksa at 5. Better off following the mock and taking Forsberg. The Leafs might want to look positionally, but not at the expense of BPA. Picking Faksa doesn't solve the #1 center prospect problem anyways so no reason to reach for him.

Can say Faksa got those looks in case the offers to trade down were too good or they managed to pick up a second first another way.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 09:00 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
That Stars pick is absolutely awful. He's not even the best center left.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Brooksterman
Rookie User

Everyone on here should know by now that Burke is not a consensus type of guy. If he really likes Faksa more than someone else (Which seems to be the case) then he'll have no problem taking Faksa. I just know I would rather have Faksa than Forsberg or Grigorenko because Faksa has a lot fewer holes in his game. I have a bad feeling about Forsberg just for the fact that generally sweeds that have been drafted in the top 15 generally have yet to be able to translate their game to the NHL just look at Magnus in Edmonton, Larsson was a healthy scratch for NJ for almost all the playoffs and was underwhelming during the season and Hedman still has a lot of holes in his game not to mention Omark the enigma. I think the Leafs won't take Grig even if he's available at that spot because he's got a lot of the same characteristics as Kadri and that thus far has gone like crap.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:31 PM
jlouis49

What happened to St.louis pick

jlouis49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Faksa sounds like a heck of a player one day. But if his ceiling is a 50 point defensively responsible center, do the Jets need another 2nd line center type?

Already have Little, with burmistrov and Scheifele both looking like the part for down he road as well. Wouldn't be at all unhappy about the pick though.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 12:36 AM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
Quote:
Everyone on here should know by now that Burke is not a consensus type of guy. If he really likes Faksa more than someone else (Which seems to be the case) then he'll have no problem taking Faksa. I just know I would rather have Faksa than Forsberg or Grigorenko because Faksa has a lot fewer holes in his game. I have a bad feeling about Forsberg just for the fact that generally sweeds that have been drafted in the top 15 generally have yet to be able to translate their game to the NHL just look at Magnus in Edmonton, Larsson was a healthy scratch for NJ for almost all the playoffs and was underwhelming during the season and Hedman still has a lot of holes in his game not to mention Omark the enigma. I think the Leafs won't take Grig even if he's available at that spot because he's got a lot of the same characteristics as Kadri and that thus far has gone like crap.
So basically going to discriminate against Forsberg based on passport? You pick a guy based on his own merits.

The Leafs need top line talent, not taking safe low ceiling picks. You can make your low risk pick in the second round if you want. Burke isn't Snow either and isn't going to just reach down to grab a guy he can trade down for. Besides think it's a silly argument to say the Leafs won't draft a guy because of perceived similarities to Kadri....who Burke drafted.

Wouldn't take Faksa at 5 no matter what 1-4 looks like. It's about the BPA with a nod to position only if the players are equal in potential. The Leafs should draft D before taking Faksa there.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:42 AM
CaptPantalones

Buffalo isnt drafting 2 defenseman

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote