HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-04-2012, 07:47 PM
  #101
Racer14
Always Watching
 
Racer14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Saw 2 of the new oakville rangers on the weekend....troy Henley and Matt Spencer...

They are going to have a nice back end....wow

Racer14 is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 03:44 PM
  #102
Luvtowatch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
Prediction top 10
Stevens,Konecny,Lizotte,Mayo,Defarias,Burns,Marner ,Bracco,Strome,Speers

Sorry I did not put a goalie ...too difficult
Marner? Top 10 of what? He's 5:3 and 90 lbs.

Luvtowatch is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 11:28 AM
  #103
nickels
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Marner? Top 10 of what? He's 5:3 and 90 lbs.
Lol yes he is ...but he is difficult to catch with his skill...he is atop player 97 group but come draft is another story...a team should take a chance on him mid rounds brother is 6'2 late bloomer...he was the MVP at the Ronald Macdonald Tourney last weekend

nickels is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 11:35 PM
  #104
gunner staal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Lots of talent at the Midget minor level in Ottawa this year. Look for several early round picks from that area.

gunner staal is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 11:39 PM
  #105
BigDreamer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
....


Last edited by BigDreamer: 10-15-2012 at 04:33 PM.
BigDreamer is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 08:55 AM
  #106
Crottenham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
Saw 2 of the new oakville rangers on the weekend....troy Henley and Matt Spencer...

They are going to have a nice back end....wow
Latest I understand Ken Strong has accepted a position as head coach of an U18 team in Austria and will not be coaching the Rangers next season. Apparently announced in the Austrian sports press.

Crottenham is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 09:59 AM
  #107
wingman22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
IMO The Allstate were correct in naming Top Fwds. Could have changed a couple, but Konency, McDavid, Stephens and Strome are the Top Prospects. The other 4 fwds could have been changed but they are strong players who have made an impact all year on their teams. Only 2 Dmen taken, so alot of strong D left off list. Unforunately not everyone can attend.

wingman22 is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 10:16 PM
  #108
goldtendy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Hello all, I'm trying to help out a goalie out of Northern Ontario. He has the option of playing Minor Midget AA Elite in North Bay(vs Sudbury and Soo) or play Major Midget AAA in the GNML for North Bay. He would probably get more exposure playing Minor Midget, but he would get better development playing Major. Both teams will be weak so he would get plenty of shots on both teams. Any thoughts?

goldtendy is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 07:45 AM
  #109
mike bowman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Tell your goalie his best bet is to try out for and hopefully make the Gold cup team at the tryouts in North Bay the first week of August . Then play where he wants or makes it , preferably AAA Trappers . The Gold Cup team will be playing in 2 minor midget AAA tournaments , the OHL Cup and the Gold Cup .

mike bowman is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 09:50 AM
  #110
nickels
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foober40 View Post
Tell your goalie his best bet is to try out for and hopefully make the Gold cup team at the tryouts in North Bay the first week of August . Then play where he wants or makes it , preferably AAA Trappers . The Gold Cup team will be playing in 2 minor midget AAA tournaments , the OHL Cup and the Gold Cup .
Good advice Foober...also Appleby had great success playing for the Trappers...he only went to the OHL Cup

nickels is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 12:57 PM
  #111
Pinch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
Lol yes he is ...but he is difficult to catch with his skill...he is atop player 97 group but come draft is another story...a team should take a chance on him mid rounds brother is 6'2 late bloomer...he was the MVP at the Ronald Macdonald Tourney last weekend
Not Many top players in that tourney...

Pinch is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 02:17 PM
  #112
Nbr-17
Registered User
 
Nbr-17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Stouffville, ON
Country: Germany
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Any underagers on the horizon to get exceptional status?

Nbr-17 is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 03:33 PM
  #113
nickels
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbr-17 View Post
Any underagers on the horizon to get exceptional status?
Nicolas Sicoly from Sault Ste Marie will possibly try...scored 70+goals as a Minor last year and may play with the Minor Midget team in the the Soo this year

nickels is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 03:40 PM
  #114
nickels
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch View Post
Not Many top players in that tourney...
You had a few players from AllStateAllCanadians and a few top US players....anytime you win MVP someone seen something good... maybe he was the top scorer in the tourney out of 200 kids not bad

nickels is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 04:45 PM
  #115
goldtendy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foober40 View Post
Tell your goalie his best bet is to try out for and hopefully make the Gold cup team at the tryouts in North Bay the first week of August . Then play where he wants or makes it , preferably AAA Trappers . The Gold Cup team will be playing in 2 minor midget AAA tournaments , the OHL Cup and the Gold Cup .
Thank you! So you think he should preferably play for the AAA Trappers instead of the Minor Midget Elite team? My general concern is that all the Northern scouts won't be at the GNML games because of the Minor Midget loop with the Soo and Sudbury/Nickel City.

goldtendy is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:01 AM
  #116
nickels
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldtendy View Post
Thank you! So you think he should preferably play for the AAA Trappers instead of the Minor Midget Elite team? My general concern is that all the Northern scouts won't be at the GNML games because of the Minor Midget loop with the Soo and Sudbury/Nickel City.
I think you answered your question...for development play AAA Trappers...for exposure play Minor Midget...Good Luck

nickels is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 04:27 PM
  #117
goldtendy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
I think you answered your question...for development play AAA Trappers...for exposure play Minor Midget...Good Luck
But which is better? Development or exposure?


Last edited by goldtendy: 06-13-2012 at 04:32 PM.
goldtendy is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 08:42 PM
  #118
OntarioHockeyTheBest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Up North

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
Kids to watch in the North - Soo- Blake Speers(potential 1st rounder),Jason Uhl,Adam McPhail,Andrew Barbeau,Alex Morin
Sudbury-Cameron Lizotte(potential 1st rounder),Niibin Nashkawa,Owen Fransen,Jason Bednarski,Brayden Lachance
Iroquois Falls-Brendon Locke
What about eric paquette( sudbury wolves), owen headrick(soo thunder),matthew neault( nickel city sons), and mario culina(soo thunder) . Those are also some players that stand out up north.


Last edited by OntarioHockeyTheBest: 08-12-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: .
OntarioHockeyTheBest is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 10:20 PM
  #119
nickels
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldtendy View Post
But which is better? Development or exposure?
Ok...exposure that is why all 3 northern towns have a minor midget program...playing those teams will also help develop when you get many shots maybe he can steal a win once and awhile...work hard...have fun

nickels is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 03:39 PM
  #120
Hockey Fan 19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 42
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldtendy View Post
Thank you! So you think he should preferably play for the AAA Trappers instead of the Minor Midget Elite team? My general concern is that all the Northern scouts won't be at the GNML games because of the Minor Midget loop with the Soo and Sudbury/Nickel City.
GNML games are scouted. Recent draft picks Amadio, Stephano, Bellini, Trecroce, Cooper, Peters, Kment (Goalie). Although in playing for a minor midget team playing minor midget tournaments this allows for comparison to other minor midgets in the province. Either way, the kid will be seen and evaluated.

Hockey Fan 19 is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 04:33 PM
  #121
goldtendy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan 19 View Post
GNML games are scouted. Recent draft picks Amadio, Stephano, Bellini, Trecroce, Cooper, Peters, Kment (Goalie). Although in playing for a minor midget team playing minor midget tournaments this allows for comparison to other minor midgets in the province. Either way, the kid will be seen and evaluated.
Thank you Foober, Nickel and HockeyFan for the advice. It's much apreciated!

goldtendy is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 10:18 AM
  #122
Luvtowatch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
Lol yes he is ...but he is difficult to catch with his skill...he is atop player 97 group but come draft is another story...a team should take a chance on him mid rounds brother is 6'2 late bloomer...he was the MVP at the Ronald Macdonald Tourney last weekend
I have watched him play many times since he was 11 yrs old. He was amazing! He cannot play both ends of the ice anymore, too small. I found him to be a little bit selfish last year. If he grows 6-8 inches and gains 50 lbs really quickly he will be fine otherwise 10th round and later on the if come.

Luvtowatch is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 11:42 AM
  #123
Roberts
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
A good defensive defenseman from Waterloo Ontario would be Sam Woodbeck. If he could get bigger, he could be a good late round pick up for a team struggling on defense and the pk. Good shot blocker. Not top rounds but could develop into a good hockey player with the right team my guess.

Roberts is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 11:59 AM
  #124
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 500
Not going to single out any particular posts.

Last year we had some aggressive posters who used this forum to promote players who they where close to. At the end of the day they where not drafted any higher then they would have been had they not been promoted here (or in a lot of cases, not drafted at all)

The message? Making an account and posting one promotional style post about a player will not help him. We have seen it over the past 4 years. Its foolhardy to assume that it does, and not worth your time to do so.

Now, if you want to talk about players in the age group, great! Always welcome new posters, but if your looking to promote players, this probably is not the place to do so.

Just a heads up..

Tigers1992 is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 12:19 PM
  #125
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Not going to single out any particular posts.

Last year we had some aggressive posters who used this forum to promote players who they where close to. At the end of the day they where not drafted any higher then they would have been had they not been promoted here (or in a lot of cases, not drafted at all)

The message? Making an account and posting one promotional style post about a player will not help him. We have seen it over the past 4 years. Its foolhardy to assume that it does, and not worth your time to do so.

Now, if you want to talk about players in the age group, great! Always welcome new posters, but if your looking to promote players, this probably is not the place to do so.

Just a heads up..
Concur. This is a popular and informative thread, and we don't need to clutter it up with what amounts to "Off-Topic" promotions like that, nor with the backlash such posts can sometimes generate.

Blind Gardien is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.