HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Peterborough Petes 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2012, 04:12 PM
  #126
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Puempel to the Shwa for Michael Dal Colle in 2 seperate trades? He hasn't signed with the shwa yet has he? I may entertain that offer if I was Dave Reid.

Not a rumour, just seeing what people think.

Is their anyway a trade like that could be done?


Last edited by defensehockey19: 06-08-2012 at 05:07 PM.
defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 04:51 PM
  #127
Petes1
Registered User
 
Petes1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 645
vCash: 500
Conversations start at Laughton in my opinion.

Petes1 is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 06:10 PM
  #128
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes1 View Post
Conversations start at Laughton in my opinion.
Does it not feel wrong to even discuss the possibility haha, The reason why I suggested Dal Colle is cause he hasn't played for the Shwa yet...... And he is obviously is going to be a talented prospect.

defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 06:25 PM
  #129
Petes1
Registered User
 
Petes1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 645
vCash: 500
Yep, but if Twohey wants Puempel, then he's going to pay a significant price.

I like Dal Colle, but if the Petes are moving a guaranteed 40 goal scorer, I want someone that's going to have an immediate impact, Laughton is really the only guy on Oshawa's roster that has more then one year, whose already an impact player.

I don't think there's any chance of it, but Twohey either overpays, or Puempel doesn't go there. Reid holds all the cards.

Petes1 is offline  
Old
06-08-2012, 06:43 PM
  #130
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Here's my offensive predicitions for next season.

Puempel-Quine-Ritchie
(40G,40A)(35G,40A)(30G,35A)

Menard-Findlay-Nosad
(25G,35A)(25G,40A)(15G,35A).

Betzold-Cornel-Sabourin
(15G,20A). (12G,25A). (10G,10A)

Maguire-Pierog-Thompson
(3G,5A)(10G,10A)(8G,5A)

Mathers
???

defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 08:25 AM
  #131
Petes96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Here's my offensive predicitions for next season.

Puempel-Quine-Ritchie
(40G,40A)(35G,40A)(30G,35A)

Menard-Findlay-Nosad
(25G,35A)(25G,40A)(15G,35A).

Betzold-Cornel-Sabourin
(15G,20A). (12G,25A). (10G,10A)

Maguire-Pierog-Thompson
(3G,5A)(10G,10A)(8G,5A)

Mathers
???
you have a great imagination I have to give you that for sure. The only player I'm not sold on is Betzold right now. Not sure if we are giving him too much credit as a rookie 17 year old or not enough. time will tell. I'm still a firm believer in earning your spots on the team and I think Pelino is the same way. Someone is going to surprise us in training camp and come out of the wood works. They'll either still a roster spot or move up on the depth chart. Pelino is huge on conditioning and coming in shape so who ever comes in the best shape will have an edge in Pelino's books

Petes96 is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 08:39 AM
  #132
Petes96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Here's my offensive predicitions for next season.

Puempel-Quine-Ritchie
(40G,40A)(35G,40A)(30G,35A)

Menard-Findlay-Nosad
(25G,35A)(25G,40A)(15G,35A).

Betzold-Cornel-Sabourin
(15G,20A). (12G,25A). (10G,10A)

Maguire-Pierog-Thompson
(3G,5A)(10G,10A)(8G,5A)

Mathers
???
there were a few kids at the rookie camp that I liked one being Hennigar. He is a big kid and has come aggression. He competed well and I would imagine he got an invite to main camp. The main problem right now is the roster spots that are available. From looking at what is in the line-up there is a right wing spot open and possibly one center position with a lot of players vying for these spots. I'm thinking that the defense and tenders are spoken for.

I really think that some players are coming into camp wondering the same thing. Heitkamp, Hatcher, Mathers, Morrison, Fitze, Pierog, Thompson are not locks really. Cornell I would say is a shoe in considering that he is a first rounder. Maguire may not be even though he was a high pick. He could be sent to a Tier II team if they feel he needs a year to develop. With the amount of players coming back to camp I would say that its going to be a very competitive camp.

Petes96 is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 09:21 AM
  #133
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
there were a few kids at the rookie camp that I liked one being Hennigar. He is a big kid and has come aggression. He competed well and I would imagine he got an invite to main camp. The main problem right now is the roster spots that are available. From looking at what is in the line-up there is a right wing spot open and possibly one center position with a lot of players vying for these spots. I'm thinking that the defense and tenders are spoken for.

I really think that some players are coming into camp wondering the same thing. Heitkamp, Hatcher, Mathers, Morrison, Fitze, Pierog, Thompson are not locks really. Cornell I would say is a shoe in considering that he is a first rounder. Maguire may not be even though he was a high pick. He could be sent to a Tier II team if they feel he needs a year to develop. With the amount of players coming back to camp I would say that its going to be a very competitive camp.
I think Maguire will be here, but I think(like you said) Hennigar could be the 13th forward or steal Thompsons spot... And Stefano will give pierog a run for his spot as well.


Also, the dragon boat races are today in Peterborough and like always the Petes have a team.... Looks like almost everybody is in town and particapating. Except Puempel... I do know he is in town though... Just not going to the team event.


Last edited by defensehockey19: 06-09-2012 at 09:54 AM.
defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 10:33 AM
  #134
OHLEYE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Pierog is a lock to make the team, otherwise we won't have enough Centers. Right now all we have is Quine, Findlay, Cornel and Pierog. Mccartney and Campagna could fill in as a backup, but the Petes will have to sign Stefano or make a move. Pierog is a great 4th line center and will move up if someone gets hurt. We have a bunch of wingers, have any of them played Center? They tried Nosad at center one game and moved him back to RW immediately. My guess is the Petes will occasionaly go with 7D and double shift a Center when an injury occurs. They did that a lot last season.

We could still add a European Center and should because we lose Quine and Findlay after this season so we'll need to have someone ready to replace them. Reid needs to start thinking about the future so he isn't forced to go out and give up assets for OAs.

The Petes will be much improved, but they still need a couple of players to make a serious push in the playoffs. Cornel and Betzold(2 rookies) need a veteran on their line if we are to have any chance.

OHLEYE is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 10:42 AM
  #135
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLEYE View Post
Pierog is a lock to make the team, otherwise we won't have enough Centers. Right now all we have is Quine, Findlay, Cornel and Pierog. Mccartney and Campagna could fill in as a backup, but the Petes will have to sign Stefano or make a move. Pierog is a great 4th line center and will move up if someone gets hurt. We have a bunch of wingers, have any of them played Center? They tried Nosad at center one game and moved him back to RW immediately. My guess is the Petes will occasionaly go with 7D and double shift a Center when an injury occurs. They did that a lot last season.

We could still add a European Center and should because we lose Quine and Findlay after this season so we'll need to have someone ready to replace them. Reid needs to start thinking about the future so he isn't forced to go out and give up assets for OAs.

The Petes will be much improved, but they still need a couple of players to make a serious push in the playoffs. Cornel and Betzold(2 rookies) need a veteran on their line if we are to have any chance.
Menard also played Centre in Guelph.

defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 10:46 AM
  #136
Petes96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLEYE View Post
Pierog is a lock to make the team, otherwise we won't have enough Centers. Right now all we have is Quine, Findlay, Cornel and Pierog. Mccartney and Campagna could fill in as a backup, but the Petes will have to sign Stefano or make a move. Pierog is a great 4th line center and will move up if someone gets hurt. We have a bunch of wingers, have any of them played Center? They tried Nosad at center one game and moved him back to RW immediately. My guess is the Petes will occasionaly go with 7D and double shift a Center when an injury occurs. They did that a lot last season.

We could still add a European Center and should because we lose Quine and Findlay after this season so we'll need to have someone ready to replace them. Reid needs to start thinking about the future so he isn't forced to go out and give up assets for OAs.

The Petes will be much improved, but they still need a couple of players to make a serious push in the playoffs. Cornel and Betzold(2 rookies) need a veteran on their line if we are to have any chance.
again still not sold on Betzold playing with Cornell. You could see Thompson or Maguire in that roll.

Eventually we are going to see Cornell play with Ritchie for next season as its both their draft season and that's why Cornell was acquired.

Petes96 is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 10:48 AM
  #137
Petes96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
I think Maguire will be here, but I think(like you said) Hennigar could be the 13th forward or steal Thompsons spot... And Stefano will give pierog a run for his spot as well.


Also, the dragon boat races are today in Peterborough and like always the Petes have a team.... Looks like almost everybody is in town and particapating. Except Puempel... I do know he is in town though... Just not going to the team event.
are you at the Dragon Boat races now? who's is participating?

Petes96 is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 11:19 AM
  #138
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
are you at the Dragon Boat races now? who's is participating?
Koekkoek, west, quine, menard, seymour, dagger

defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 11:26 AM
  #139
Petes96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Koekkoek, west, quine, menard, seymour, dagger
wow Menard already?? we just got him yesterday. nice team player already .

Petes96 is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 11:34 AM
  #140
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
there were a few kids at the rookie camp that I liked one being Hennigar. He is a big kid and has come aggression. He competed well and I would imagine he got an invite to main camp. The main problem right now is the roster spots that are available. From looking at what is in the line-up there is a right wing spot open and possibly one center position with a lot of players vying for these spots. I'm thinking that the defense and tenders are spoken for.

I really think that some players are coming into camp wondering the same thing. Heitkamp, Hatcher, Mathers, Morrison, Fitze, Pierog, Thompson are not locks really. Cornell I would say is a shoe in considering that he is a first rounder. Maguire may not be even though he was a high pick. He could be sent to a Tier II team if they feel he needs a year to develop. With the amount of players coming back to camp I would say that its going to be a very competitive camp.
Are you sure Hennigar was at camp? I thought he was still injured. And he isn't listed on either roster.

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 11:51 AM
  #141
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Are you sure Hennigar was at camp? I thought he was still injured. And he isn't listed on either roster.
He practised but didn't particapate in either scrimmage I believe.

defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 11:51 AM
  #142
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
wow Menard already?? we just got him yesterday. nice team player already .
Yes, he is very good friends with Quine, Koekkoek, West and Seymour.

defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 12:41 PM
  #143
dogfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
I am a little surprised the Petes are making OA moves this early. With the possibility of a NHL lockout there could be a huge amount of OA's coming back to the OHL this season and with the number of OA's available the prices will be relatively cheap. I think Peterborough is a contender this year, just thought they'd wait to see what other options would be available.
On a side note, I know the IceDogs will have Brett Ritchie available later in the season, does anyone think the Petes will have interest in having the brothers playing together?

dogfan is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 02:38 PM
  #144
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfan View Post
I am a little surprised the Petes are making OA moves this early. With the possibility of a NHL lockout there could be a huge amount of OA's coming back to the OHL this season and with the number of OA's available the prices will be relatively cheap. I think Peterborough is a contender this year, just thought they'd wait to see what other options would be available.
On a side note, I know the IceDogs will have Brett Ritchie available later in the season, does anyone think the Petes will have interest in having the brothers playing together?
I think Reid has already tried to aquire brett lol. I think he doesn't wana look foolish trying to do it all over again.

What would people think of..

To Kitchener: Matt Puempel

To Peterborough: Matia Marcantuoni(94,LW) Jared Gilbert(95,D), 2nd round pick(2012)


Last edited by defensehockey19: 06-09-2012 at 08:02 PM.
defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 09:02 AM
  #145
Petes96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
I think Reid has already tried to aquire brett lol. I think he doesn't wana look foolish trying to do it all over again.

What would people think of..

To Kitchener: Matt Puempel

To Peterborough: Matia Marcantuoni(94,LW) Jared Gilbert(95,D), 2nd round pick(2012)
Puempel is staying put!

Petes96 is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 09:14 AM
  #146
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
Puempel is staying put!
Speculating or you know?

defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 09:26 AM
  #147
Petes96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Speculating or you know?
no speculation anymore. Puempel was here on the weekend and spoke with players for assure them he wasn`t going anywhere

Petes96 is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 09:42 AM
  #148
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
no speculation anymore. Puempel was here on the weekend and spoke with players for assure them he wasn`t going anywhere
Interesting. Very good news! Did you speak to Puempel yourself?

defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 12:59 PM
  #149
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
no speculation anymore. Puempel was here on the weekend and spoke with players for assure them he wasn`t going anywhere
Great news, I am happy Puempel has decided to stay a Pete. This Petes team looks promising on paper, and Puempel would certainly be a huge part of things here.

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43225&dateline=140320  8020
Guerzy is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 02:24 PM
  #150
Danglesmagee
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
I like the addition of Menard, and Francis.. what are opinions of Hatcher and Campagna? I really liked Campagnas play towards the end of the year and Hatcher brought a gritty force

Danglesmagee is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.