HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Peterborough Petes 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2012, 04:12 PM
defensehockey19

vCash: 500
Puempel to the Shwa for Michael Dal Colle in 2 seperate trades? He hasn't signed with the shwa yet has he? I may entertain that offer if I was Dave Reid.

Not a rumour, just seeing what people think.

Is their anyway a trade like that could be done?

Last edited by defensehockey19: 06-08-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old
06-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Petes1

Conversations start at Laughton in my opinion.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:10 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes1 View Post
Conversations start at Laughton in my opinion.
Does it not feel wrong to even discuss the possibility haha, The reason why I suggested Dal Colle is cause he hasn't played for the Shwa yet...... And he is obviously is going to be a talented prospect.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Petes1

Yep, but if Twohey wants Puempel, then he's going to pay a significant price.

I like Dal Colle, but if the Petes are moving a guaranteed 40 goal scorer, I want someone that's going to have an immediate impact, Laughton is really the only guy on Oshawa's roster that has more then one year, whose already an impact player.

I don't think there's any chance of it, but Twohey either overpays, or Puempel doesn't go there. Reid holds all the cards.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:43 PM
defensehockey19

Here's my offensive predicitions for next season.

Puempel-Quine-Ritchie
(40G,40A)(35G,40A)(30G,35A)

Menard-Findlay-Nosad
(25G,35A)(25G,40A)(15G,35A).

Betzold-Cornel-Sabourin
(15G,20A). (12G,25A). (10G,10A)

Maguire-Pierog-Thompson
(3G,5A)(10G,10A)(8G,5A)

Mathers
???

Old
06-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post

Puempel-Quine-Ritchie

Menard-Findlay-Nosad

Betzold-Cornel-Sabourin

Maguire-Pierog-Thompson
(3G,5A)(10G,10A)(8G,5A)

Mathers
???
you have a great imagination I have to give you that for sure. The only player I'm not sold on is Betzold right now. Not sure if we are giving him too much credit as a rookie 17 year old or not enough. time will tell. I'm still a firm believer in earning your spots on the team and I think Pelino is the same way. Someone is going to surprise us in training camp and come out of the wood works. They'll either still a roster spot or move up on the depth chart. Pelino is huge on conditioning and coming in shape so who ever comes in the best shape will have an edge in Pelino's books

Old
06-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Petes96

Quote:

Puempel-Quine-Ritchie

Menard-Findlay-Nosad

Betzold-Cornel-Sabourin

Maguire-Pierog-Thompson
(3G,5A)(10G,10A)(8G,5A)

Mathers
???
there were a few kids at the rookie camp that I liked one being Hennigar. He is a big kid and has come aggression. He competed well and I would imagine he got an invite to main camp. The main problem right now is the roster spots that are available. From looking at what is in the line-up there is a right wing spot open and possibly one center position with a lot of players vying for these spots. I'm thinking that the defense and tenders are spoken for.

I really think that some players are coming into camp wondering the same thing. Heitkamp, Hatcher, Mathers, Morrison, Fitze, Pierog, Thompson are not locks really. Cornell I would say is a shoe in considering that he is a first rounder. Maguire may not be even though he was a high pick. He could be sent to a Tier II team if they feel he needs a year to develop. With the amount of players coming back to camp I would say that its going to be a very competitive camp.

Old
06-09-2012, 09:21 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
there were a few kids at the rookie camp that I liked one being Hennigar. He is a big kid and has come aggression. He competed well and I would imagine he got an invite to main camp. The main problem right now is the roster spots that are available. From looking at what is in the line-up there is a right wing spot open and possibly one center position with a lot of players vying for these spots. I'm thinking that the defense and tenders are spoken for.

I really think that some players are coming into camp wondering the same thing. Heitkamp, Hatcher, Mathers, Morrison, Fitze, Pierog, Thompson are not locks really. Cornell I would say is a shoe in considering that he is a first rounder. Maguire may not be even though he was a high pick. He could be sent to a Tier II team if they feel he needs a year to develop. With the amount of players coming back to camp I would say that its going to be a very competitive camp.
I think Maguire will be here, but I think(like you said) Hennigar could be the 13th forward or steal Thompsons spot... And Stefano will give pierog a run for his spot as well.

Also, the dragon boat races are today in Peterborough and like always the Petes have a team.... Looks like almost everybody is in town and particapating. Except Puempel... I do know he is in town though... Just not going to the team event.

Last edited by defensehockey19: 06-09-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old
06-09-2012, 10:33 AM
OHLEYE

Pierog is a lock to make the team, otherwise we won't have enough Centers. Right now all we have is Quine, Findlay, Cornel and Pierog. Mccartney and Campagna could fill in as a backup, but the Petes will have to sign Stefano or make a move. Pierog is a great 4th line center and will move up if someone gets hurt. We have a bunch of wingers, have any of them played Center? They tried Nosad at center one game and moved him back to RW immediately. My guess is the Petes will occasionaly go with 7D and double shift a Center when an injury occurs. They did that a lot last season.

We could still add a European Center and should because we lose Quine and Findlay after this season so we'll need to have someone ready to replace them. Reid needs to start thinking about the future so he isn't forced to go out and give up assets for OAs.

The Petes will be much improved, but they still need a couple of players to make a serious push in the playoffs. Cornel and Betzold(2 rookies) need a veteran on their line if we are to have any chance.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:42 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLEYE View Post
Pierog is a lock to make the team, otherwise we won't have enough Centers. Right now all we have is Quine, Findlay, Cornel and Pierog. Mccartney and Campagna could fill in as a backup, but the Petes will have to sign Stefano or make a move. Pierog is a great 4th line center and will move up if someone gets hurt. We have a bunch of wingers, have any of them played Center? They tried Nosad at center one game and moved him back to RW immediately. My guess is the Petes will occasionaly go with 7D and double shift a Center when an injury occurs. They did that a lot last season.

We could still add a European Center and should because we lose Quine and Findlay after this season so we'll need to have someone ready to replace them. Reid needs to start thinking about the future so he isn't forced to go out and give up assets for OAs.

The Petes will be much improved, but they still need a couple of players to make a serious push in the playoffs. Cornel and Betzold(2 rookies) need a veteran on their line if we are to have any chance.
Menard also played Centre in Guelph.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLEYE View Post

again still not sold on Betzold playing with Cornell. You could see Thompson or Maguire in that roll.

Eventually we are going to see Cornell play with Ritchie for next season as its both their draft season and that's why Cornell was acquired.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Petes96

Quote:
I think Maguire will be here, but I think(like you said) Hennigar could be the 13th forward or steal Thompsons spot... And Stefano will give pierog a run for his spot as well.

Also, the dragon boat races are today in Peterborough and like always the Petes have a team.... Looks like almost everybody is in town and particapating. Except Puempel... I do know he is in town though... Just not going to the team event.
are you at the Dragon Boat races now? who's is participating?

Old
06-09-2012, 11:19 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
are you at the Dragon Boat races now? who's is participating?
Koekkoek, west, quine, menard, seymour, dagger

Old
06-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Koekkoek, west, quine, menard, seymour, dagger
wow Menard already?? we just got him yesterday. nice team player already .

Old
06-09-2012, 11:34 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:

Are you sure Hennigar was at camp? I thought he was still injured. And he isn't listed on either roster.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:51 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Are you sure Hennigar was at camp? I thought he was still injured. And he isn't listed on either roster.
He practised but didn't particapate in either scrimmage I believe.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:51 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
wow Menard already?? we just got him yesterday. nice team player already .
Yes, he is very good friends with Quine, Koekkoek, West and Seymour.

Old
06-09-2012, 12:41 PM
dogfan

I am a little surprised the Petes are making OA moves this early. With the possibility of a NHL lockout there could be a huge amount of OA's coming back to the OHL this season and with the number of OA's available the prices will be relatively cheap. I think Peterborough is a contender this year, just thought they'd wait to see what other options would be available.
On a side note, I know the IceDogs will have Brett Ritchie available later in the season, does anyone think the Petes will have interest in having the brothers playing together?

Old
06-09-2012, 02:38 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfan View Post
I am a little surprised the Petes are making OA moves this early. With the possibility of a NHL lockout there could be a huge amount of OA's coming back to the OHL this season and with the number of OA's available the prices will be relatively cheap. I think Peterborough is a contender this year, just thought they'd wait to see what other options would be available.
On a side note, I know the IceDogs will have Brett Ritchie available later in the season, does anyone think the Petes will have interest in having the brothers playing together?
I think Reid has already tried to aquire brett lol. I think he doesn't wana look foolish trying to do it all over again.

What would people think of..

To Kitchener: Matt Puempel

To Peterborough: Matia Marcantuoni(94,LW) Jared Gilbert(95,D), 2nd round pick(2012)

Last edited by defensehockey19: 06-09-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old
06-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Petes96

Quote:
I think Reid has already tried to aquire brett lol. I think he doesn't wana look foolish trying to do it all over again.

What would people think of..

To Kitchener: Matt Puempel

To Peterborough: Matia Marcantuoni(94,LW) Jared Gilbert(95,D), 2nd round pick(2012)
Puempel is staying put!

Old
06-11-2012, 09:14 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Puempel is staying put!
Speculating or you know?

Old
06-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Speculating or you know?
no speculation anymore. Puempel was here on the weekend and spoke with players for assure them he wasn`t going anywhere

Old
06-11-2012, 09:42 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
no speculation anymore. Puempel was here on the weekend and spoke with players for assure them he wasn`t going anywhere
Interesting. Very good news! Did you speak to Puempel yourself?

Old
06-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Great news, I am happy Puempel has decided to stay a Pete. This Petes team looks promising on paper, and Puempel would certainly be a huge part of things here.

06-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Danglesmagee
Rookie User

I like the addition of Menard, and Francis.. what are opinions of Hatcher and Campagna? I really liked Campagnas play towards the end of the year and Hatcher brought a gritty force

Closed Thread