HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Stanley Cup History Question

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2012, 01:17 AM
  #1
canadianpredsfan97
Registered User
 
canadianpredsfan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancovuer
Country: Canada
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Stanley Cup History Question

(I posted this under the playoffs but thought I'd post it here too in hopes that it can get answered)

Okay I've exhausted all the resources I can on this and then it hit me to come here and ask you folks in hopes that someone can provide me an answer.

When LA was trailing after 2 periods yesterday, I asked myself, who was the last team forced to rally because they trailed after 2 periods and win the cup that game?

Does anyone know what the answer or if it has even happened as such?

I went all the way back to the 1969 Finals with nothing. With the possible exception of 1973 where I couldn't find a boxscore or video, the answer is 1968 or before.

I'd love if someone could provide me with this answer.

Thanks

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 08:43 AM
  #2
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,971
vCash: 500
I saw somewhere they are the first team to do so since '45.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 09:38 AM
  #3
Hawkey Town 18
Moderator
 
Hawkey Town 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I saw somewhere they are the first team to do so since '45.
I saw this too, but they were saying NJ is the first team to force a game 6 after being down 3-0 in a series since 1945. The OP is just asking who was the last team to a clinch a Cup in a game in which they went into the 3rd period trailing.

Hawkey Town 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:01 AM
  #4
Hawkey Town 18
Moderator
 
Hawkey Town 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,881
vCash: 500
This doesn't exactly fit the criteria, but it's the same concept...

1962 Stanley Cup Finals Game 6
Hawks and Leafs are tied going into the 3rd period. Hawks score about 9min into the 3rd to take a 1-0 lead. Leafs score 2 goals in the second half of the 3rd period to win 2-1 and take home the Cup

Hawkey Town 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:07 AM
  #5
Hawkey Town 18
Moderator
 
Hawkey Town 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianpredsfan97 View Post
(I posted this under the playoffs but thought I'd post it here too in hopes that it can get answered)

Okay I've exhausted all the resources I can on this and then it hit me to come here and ask you folks in hopes that someone can provide me an answer.

When LA was trailing after 2 periods yesterday, I asked myself, who was the last team forced to rally because they trailed after 2 periods and win the cup that game?

Does anyone know what the answer or if it has even happened as such?

I went all the way back to the 1969 Finals with nothing. With the possible exception of 1973 where I couldn't find a boxscore or video, the answer is 1968 or before.

I'd love if someone could provide me with this answer.

Thanks
Looks like you stopped one year too early...

1968 Stanley Cup Finals Game 4
St. Louis led Montreal 2-1 going into the 3rd period. Montreal scores 2 goals in the 3rd to win 3-2 and take home the Cup.

Hawkey Town 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:29 AM
  #6
canadianpredsfan97
Registered User
 
canadianpredsfan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancovuer
Country: Canada
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
Looks like you stopped one year too early...

1968 Stanley Cup Finals Game 4
St. Louis led Montreal 2-1 going into the 3rd period. Montreal scores 2 goals in the 3rd to win 3-2 and take home the Cup.
Thank you my friend. I couldn't find a boxscore or anything so I didn't know for sure. That's why I had that year as where I stopped. If I knew it wasn't I would have left it as the next.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:47 AM
  #7
Hawkey Town 18
Moderator
 
Hawkey Town 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianpredsfan97 View Post
Thank you my friend. I couldn't find a boxscore or anything so I didn't know for sure. That's why I had that year as where I stopped. If I knew it wasn't I would have left it as the next.
If you ever have a question like this again, check out the Hockey Summary Project...great resource

Hawkey Town 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.