HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-30-2012, 08:00 PM
AmanOgre

vCash: 500
Whats one more job? I'm not sure theres a job that he doesn't have his hands in. Poor guy. Someone needs to explain to him the idea behind delegating responsibility. I wonder how many that makes now that he has fired in less than one year?

Old
05-30-2012, 09:29 PM
mkraayen

Until there is confirmation Jacques will take over the position himself on a permanent basis, lets not get all hung up on speculation that may/may not be true.
Being GM he makes the final decision in regards to player movement (ie. trades, draft picks, etc.). He will be in arena's across Ontario regardless if he has this extra title or not. As well, it's possible he and Debenham didn't see eye-to-eye in terms of what they were looking for in a player. As GM, Jacques has the right to assemble a staff that not only co-incides & co-exists, but that mesh well with one another. Since most positions were already filled prior to his arrival, it is forseeable that he would make changes he deems necessary, to improve the operating of the Sting organization as a whole.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Tigers1992

This sort of thing happens alot in the off season, just not publicized. London did the same thing two years ago without a peep from anyone.

Expect someone to be promoted from within, although I do know some qualified candidates who would be interested from outside of the league.

Its not a huge story, GM's always want their guy in to lead the draft.

Old
05-31-2012, 03:36 PM
bobbygore

Further dismantling by Beaulieu of the good work that was started in the Brick by Brick initiative by letting DeBenham go. IMO this guy has made a real big mess of a situation that looked like it was finally getting on track. The owners of the team have no clue on how to run a franchise and for the sake of the fans they should sell the team.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:57 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

I'd expect someone to take over one of those roles

Good news that the Sting's first 3 picks have all signed - Hargrave, Renaud and Addesi

Old
06-01-2012, 02:39 PM
big papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
I'd expect someone to take over one of those roles

Good news that the Sting's first 3 picks have all signed - Hargrave, Renaud and Addesi
Thats big for them. I think Sarnia will be a good team fighting for spots 5-8

Old
06-02-2012, 11:32 PM
EasternOntario Fan

[QUOTE=Billy Madison;47664729]Best player will be Pat White. Only reason he wasn't drafted earlier was his size.[/QUOTE

I agree with you Billy,I also agree with Dean(who was at the mini camp) that he has to put on some muscle over the summer. I think without a doubt he is the best all around player Sarnia took, amazing speed, great playmaker and decent finisher with great hockey sense, also responsible defensively. Someone told me he played wing at mini camp( Dean do you remember where he played? ) if so,HUGE MISTAKE. He is a natural center and playing him anywhere else would be foolish.

I am pretty sure he will play Central JR.A next year in Ottawa, but am fairly certain he will play in Sarnia in 2013,and be very effective.

Also very nice to read that Renaud impressed,I certainly love his size and hope he cracks the line up, but I have a feeling his speed will very much hinder him at main camp.

Best of luck to all Eastern Ontario players on all teams.

Old
06-03-2012, 05:15 AM
Herman the German

Have been idle for quite some time. Losing in the first round left a bad taste. I re-read most of the posts, Upnorth seems to be his or her old self. J.B lacks all of the below,,,my opinion why the Sting loss in the first round.

http://www.self-improvement-mentor.c...eadership.html

Effective Communication
Before communicating with an athlete, coaches should consider (Crookes 1991):

•WHY they want to communicate
•WHO they wish to communicate with
•WHERE and WHEN the message could best be delivered
•WHAT is it that they want to communicate
•HOW they are going to communicate the information
Effective communication contains six elements (Crookes 1991):

Clear Ensure that the information is presented clearly
Concise Be concise, do not lose the message by being long winded
Correct Be accurate, avoid giving misleading information
Complete Give all the information and not just part of it
Courteous Be polite and non-threatening, avoid conflict
Constructive Be positive, avoid being critical and negative

He obviously lacks these characteristics. This may sum up what most people are saying about J.B. Too bad Hunter went back to London, Wasn't there talk of J.B. going to the Capitals, so he could yell at players and put them down as losers? Pretty strong words for a guy who never played in the OHL but claims to have played? Stats do not lie but people do.

Last edited by Herman the German: 06-03-2012 at 05:39 AM. Reason: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=38101
Old
06-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Miller4Gold

I wish family members would just stop posting online. Your not helping your son/relative.

Old
06-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Herman the German

You should take your own advice and stop posting. Mr. or Mrs. parent/relative of a 93.

Last edited by Herman the German: 06-04-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old
06-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Miller4Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman the German View Post
You should take your own advice and stop posting. Mr. or Mrs. son of a 91.
When I take shots at my son/relatives coach online, ill be the first to stop posting, I promise you that.

Old
06-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Sempron

unfortunate truth is we made a mistake. we all got what we wished for and thought because of where he came from hed be good. truth is pretty well known and he isnt liked or worse yet even respected by many in the community fans staff or players. thats a problem. HOWEVER maybe we need to give him the benefit of the doubt and blow it off to a bad first year adjustment period. MAYBE things will improve. god knows it cant get much worse.

Old
06-03-2012, 09:09 PM
mkraayen

New topic. Let's focus on Sarnia Sting related news.
Galchenyuk & Yakupov both with a good showing at the NHL Combine this past weekend. On the bike tests, Galchenyuk places 1st in peak power output in Windgate, while Yakupov 10th in VO2 max test duration. Can continue to follow Gally's blog for NHL.com leading up to the draft here: http://www.nhl.com/ice/blog.htm?id=220
Also, I would expect the Sting's 2012-13 regular and pre-season schedule to be announced soon, along with the date Training Camp will open.

Old
06-04-2012, 03:29 AM
Herman the German

Parent/relative posting or Want a be owner?

Question for you guys.

I am interested in the average cost of a Jr A (CJHL, OPJHL, CCHL) team. I do not have a kid, just interested in owning a local team and helping some of the local kids. I coached forever and would not mind moving up the ladder.

My Kid is a 91.

Before I moved, I had a son playing AAA in Windsor from the Jr Spitfires.

Ring a bell?

Take your own advice, Miller4gold?

Old
06-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Miller4Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman the German View Post
Parent/relative posting or Want a be owner?

Question for you guys.

I am interested in the average cost of a Jr A (CJHL, OPJHL, CCHL) team. I do not have a kid, just interested in owning a local team and helping some of the local kids. I coached forever and would not mind moving up the ladder.

My Kid is a 91.

Before I moved, I had a son playing AAA in Windsor from the Jr Spitfires.

Ring a bell?

Take your own advice, Miller4gold?

What? I Have two sons, one just went through the draft and one playing in the OHL. Im not sure why your picking ANOTHER fight with another poster?

Ill repeat, if you have a son/relative on the team, don't go on message boards trash talking the coach. It does nothing but hurt your kid IMO. The Coach is available for a meeting with parents any time you like, if you have an issue with his style, talk to him. It works all the time.

As a personal aside, Im not looking to get into a message board fight. That seems to be other people's things. I just know that a significant amount of negative posts that are on here are coming from relatives (not all of them). It's sad that they can't just talk to the coach in person, it's pretty easy to do.

Last edited by Miller4Gold: 06-04-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old
06-04-2012, 05:45 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Nothing official yet regarding Rensfeldt's return to Sarnia but I've got to believe he wont be back in Sarnia next year. After the hawks drafted him 35th overall in 2010, they. Booze not to sign him to an ELC to keep his rights. Rensfeldt will re-enter this years NHL Draft as a result.

There were also some Swedish rumors that Brynas ( SWE) wanted Rensfeldt

It's appearing that Sarnia will have both import spots open

Old
06-05-2012, 05:05 PM
mkraayen

With Rensfeldt not returning, and Anderson & Spooner entering their respective NHL team's farm system, the Sting are left with the following OA's.
F - Hottot, Alberga, Sarault
D - Chiarlitti, Luciani
In my opinion, there are 4 who could definitely contribute substantially. You can have 4 on your roster prior to the trade deadline, but only 3 afterward. This assumes the NHL sorts out their collective bargaining agreement. Team's will have to wait & see what happens with the NHL's CBA before they know if a high # of NHL drafted OA's are eligible to be returned to junior. It should be interesting to see if the Sting carry 4 up until the deadline & deal 1-2 to contenders that could use the help...or sort this out prior to the season like last year (trading Rogalski to Soo) and get down to 3 OA's.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:52 PM
StungbySting

Unless there is a trade I see Sarault and Chiarlitti set as OA's and Alberga and Hottot fighting for the final spot. I would lean towards local boy Hottot, but his hard nosed play might keep Alberga around till the deadline in case of injury.

Old
06-05-2012, 07:57 PM
krauss72

I love how Alberga plays. His twitter indicates he will be back. At least for now.

Old
06-05-2012, 08:55 PM
mkraayen

I'm a big fan of Alberga's play too. Kills penalties, always full of energy & effort on the ice, always the first forward to cover a pinching D, loves to yap to get players off their games, and can be used in a shut-down type role too, while also chipping in offensively.
It would be sad to see him go.
Ultimately, may it be whoever fetches the biggest return?

Old
06-05-2012, 08:58 PM
JSavoire

Alberga does a host of things well that he is a pivotal guy IMO. I remember him on Villanova and he's progressed since then. You can't win games with just one style of player.

Old
06-05-2012, 09:10 PM
mkraayen

Sting also need Sarault. He's their best OA offensively and plays center. Good puck possession guy who distributes well. And with Galchenyuk a potential top-5 selection, there's a real chance he could make his NHL club (cross your fingers he comes back).

Old
06-06-2012, 02:56 PM
johnnydrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkraayen View Post
New topic. Let's focus on Sarnia Sting related news.
Galchenyuk & Yakupov both with a good showing at the NHL Combine this past weekend. On the bike tests, Galchenyuk places 1st in peak power output in Windgate, while Yakupov 10th in VO2 max test duration. Can continue to follow Gally's blog for NHL.com leading up to the draft here: http://www.nhl.com/ice/blog.htm?id=220
Also, I would expect the Sting's 2012-13 regular and pre-season schedule to be announced soon, along with the date Training Camp will open.
Hello all!
Tell you what, everytime I see Alex Jnr do an interview, he oozes "NHL Superstar!"
What a great kid he really is, very media savvy already, and so professional.
And Its so funny seeing Nail now all over the NHL sites....only seems like 5 minutes ago when I was tuning into both thier preseason debuts..lol

Despite the Stings shortcomings in the post season, the organization and its people have done a superb job in developing these two guys, not just as "elite" players, but perhaps, more importantly: Outstanding Gentleman.

Hope you are all well me dears!

Old
06-06-2012, 10:51 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
Hello all!
Tell you what, everytime I see Alex Jnr do an interview, he oozes "NHL Superstar!"
What a great kid he really is, very media savvy already, and so professional.
And Its so funny seeing Nail now all over the NHL sites....only seems like 5 minutes ago when I was tuning into both thier preseason debuts..lol

Despite the Stings shortcomings in the post season, the organization and its people have done a superb job in developing these two guys, not just as "elite" players, but perhaps, more importantly: Outstanding Gentleman.

Hope you are all well me dears!
Great Response! I couldn't agree more. I'm sure we followers of the Sting are proud of Alex's and Nail's development. Kudos to the Sting organization, their parents and their agent Igor Larionov for prepping these guys for stardom

Old
06-11-2012, 11:00 AM
highstickside

Brandon Hope traded to Owen Sound...

http://www.sarniasting.com/article/s...-to-owen-sound

Closed Thread