HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Jillson question.....

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

vCash: 500
Jillson question.....

Hey people I`m in a hockey pool/keeper league (as you may know )

anyway right now my defence looks like this,
Gonchar
A. Markov
Bouwmeester
Klesla

my question is would it be wise to drop Klesla for Jillson?

I had jillson on my team last year and was expecting big things after his 18 pt rookie performance...he dissapointed I dropped him and now Kleslas doing the same thing to me. I`d be looking to keep Jillson long term. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Old
11-25-2003, 06:57 PM
gallagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
my question is would it be wise to drop Klesla for Jillson?
Jillson is playing around 20 minutes a night in 5on5 and PP situations. He's a plus rated player and on pace for 40+ points and around 15 goals.

That's about as solid as you get for a young guy, I think.

It's not crazy to think that his numbers will tail off a bit, but he is getting the opportunity to play with the Bruins. Last year, he was expected to do too much for a poorly playing SJ team, so I doubt you'll see him tank it as bad as he did back then.

I don't know how your league's scoring goes, but he's a solid pick up. It seems to me that from a numbers perspective, he'd be more valuable than Klesla, and maybe even J-Bo, who are playing on a worse teams (plus-minus problems and lack of scoring goes hand-in-hand with bad teams).

So, there's one opinion for you.

Old
11-26-2003, 01:13 AM
Titanium

I'd do it in a flash!

Old
11-26-2003, 04:21 AM
Plan 9

As much as I like Klesla, I'd do it.

Old
11-26-2003, 10:24 AM
Qubax

Long term Klesla and Jillson will probably be about even Offensivley....

Only one will ever have teh chance to win a Norris though that being Klesla.....

That'd said Norris trophys don't mean jack in Fantasy leagues...so I can see how Jillson would be tempting

Certainly for this year it's no contest...but I will say this Klesla was drafted 4th overall and there's no doubt in my mind he's that good...He'll be a Jovanovski top flight Dman someday..You can see it now..but bear in mind he's what 21 years old..?

That's pretty young to expect to much from him yet..Jillson is the type that can step right in and be dominant offensively with some pretty good overall upside but guys like Bouwmeester, Pitkanen and Klesla...a trio you have two out of three is tough to pass up on long term...

That said if you really need to do good now....jillson certainly is a pretty good long term option..../.

Old
11-26-2003, 06:24 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Thanks for the advice guys...I`m pretty high on both defenceman. I drafted Jillson my first year in the pool and expected big things from him but he dissapointed was sent down and than traded. Last year I thought of picking Klesla up when I dropped Jillson. This year I just took Klesla. While he`s not a bad defenceman in a hockey pool I don`t care what his +/- is or how much he`s improved his play without the puck all I care about is scoring. Sadly he hasn`t been doing much of this. I think they both have good potential I`ll just have to wait awhile. Again thanks for the advice on Jillson.

Old
11-27-2003, 04:17 AM
Robert Paulson*

I'd probably do that.

Closed Thread