HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Colborne to get wrist Surgery & Kadri has Level 3 Shoulder Seperation

Old
06-11-2012, 01:33 PM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

vCash: 500
Colborne to get wrist Surgery & Kadri has Level 3 Shoulder Seperation

http://kylethereporter.com/2012/06/1...ery/#more-2494

Colborne getting wrist surgery and Kadri has a Grade 3 shoulder separation.

Quote:
The 22-year-old admitted on Monday that he*needs surgery to repair his left wrist after*suffering from*the injury for most of the season.

“I’ve been battling a wrist injury all year and we’re gonna take care of that over the next week or so,” said Colborne.*”Hopefully I’ll be ready by camp.”

Colborne wouldn’t disclose when the injury first*happened*but his statistical decline points towards the late part of 2011.
Quote:
while Nazem Kadri admitted on Monday that he missed the Calder Cup finals with a Grade-3 shoulder separation

Last edited by Leaf Rocket: 06-11-2012 at 02:41 PM.
kilgro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgro View Post

If I were to guess on when he initially got injured, I would say that it was probably during the time of his first call-up in the regular season. After he was sent back down to the Marlies, his offense really took a hit for some inexplicable reason. This is probably why.

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgro View Post

HOLY ****!

Man...those are intense. I really hope both recover swiftly and be ready to come back to training camp charged. Explains quite a bit on why colborne dipped, but damn didn't realize Kadri's situation was as bad too.

06-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

made it viewable in the main board so people can see this.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:48 PM
DeputyMcLaren

Man it woulda been nice if Joe, Kadri and Frattin had have been firing on all cylinders for the calder cup final

DeputyMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:49 PM
caribouPINE

So Colborne wrist injury, Kadri shoulder injury and Frattin knee injury.

All guys injured this summer, a couple having surgery and all rehabbing a *serious* injury.

How much does that suck that our top 3 forward prospects have a summer like this and not in the weight room?

caribouPINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:52 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

so our top 3 prospects are ruined
and no significant package deal can be made to land a star off another team

just another page to add to a loser organization

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Duke Silver
Truce?

vCash: 450
Grade III - A complete separation of the joint. The acromioclavicular ligament, the coracoclavicular ligaments, and the capsule surrounding the joint are torn. Usually, the displacement is obvious on clinical exam. Without any ligament support, the shoulder falls under the weight of the arm and the clavicle is pushed up, causing a bump on the shoulder.

Source: http://thesteadmanclinic.com/shoulde...n/overview.asp

Duke Silver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribouPINE View Post

All guys injured this summer, a couple having surgery and all rehabbing a *serious* injury.

How much does that suck that our top 3 forward prospects have a summer like this and not in the weight room?
Lets hope they have a quick recovery and get back on it. Both Frattin and Kadri are hoping to steal spots in the upcoming training camp. Colborne down to the AHL for more development it seems.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Morguee
That's Mind-boggling

If this happened in late 2011 why did the team not make him shut it down and get surgery. If he is going to be back for September the means only 2.5 - 3months recovery. He could have shut it down in December and been back by March HEALTHY!

In the AHL I think it is more important to keep the player healthy then to win a few extra games, especially one of the top prospects. While it is nice he wanted to play through it, management should step in and explain that long term it is better to be healthy. He still could have played in the playoffs, been more of a force and then used the summer to get ready for training camp.

Morguee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:58 PM
IBeL13f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Lets hope they have a quick recovery and get back on it. Both Frattin and Kadri are hoping to steal spots in the upcoming training camp. Colborne down to the AHL for more development it seems.
Who knows though, he was lighting it up early on, and was showing why he was so highly touted. With proper recovery and a return to the kind of play he was showing early on, he could steal a spot along with the other two.

IBeL13f is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Funk Volume
Independent Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Silver View Post
Grade III - A complete separation of the joint. The acromioclavicular ligament, the coracoclavicular ligaments, and the capsule surrounding the joint are torn. Usually, the displacement is obvious on clinical exam. Without any ligament support, the shoulder falls under the weight of the arm and the clavicle is pushed up, causing a bump on the shoulder.

I've had that before, man it is NOT fun. That arm is basically useless til it heals.

Funk Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Funk Volume
Independent Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeL13f View Post
Who knows though, he was lighting it up early on, and was showing why he was so highly touted. With proper recovery and a return to the kind of play he was showing early on, he could steal a spot along with the other two.
Is there room for all three though?

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
Kulemin(RFA)-Grabovski-MacArthur
Lombardi-Connolly-Armstrong
Brown-Steckel-Komarov
Rosehill/Orr

there's fourteen forwards right there. Not counting if we re-sign Joey Crabb or if we acquire a true #1 C. And all three of them are top 9 players, so that eliminates fourth line duties.

Obviously ridding ourselves of LAC will make room for them, but how we do that is very much up in the air.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Duke Silver
Truce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ball Hockey View Post
I've had that before, man it is NOT fun. That arm is basically useless til it heals.
I remember a certain user saying Kadri was a wimp for not playing through his injuries this post-season.

Last edited by Duke Silver: 06-11-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old
06-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Funk Volume
Independent Living

Quote:
I remember a certain user saying Kadri was a wimp for not playing through his injuries this post-season.
guy clearly never had that injury. I couldn't even really write, let alone try to play any sports

Old
06-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Duke Silver
Truce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ball Hockey View Post
guy clearly never had that injury. I couldn't even really write, let alone try to play any sports
I suffered a grade I shoulder separation while playing hockey (crashed into the boards after being taken down on a partial breakaway). Tried to go out the next shift but any movement at all sent sharp jolts of pain to my upper shoulder, which I later found out was my AC joint. Outside the rink I had a tough time doing regular tasks. Any time I moved my arm upwards it was like I was getting stabbed in the shoulder. Very painful injury. I can only imagine the discomfort Kadri was in.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:13 PM
questhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribouPINE View Post

I had major shoulder separation at 15, and had large operation.(Got hit form behind into net, then boards...kinda pinballed me)
As I was recovering I started off slow with Physio, and stretching, but then graduate to weights and training. That to be honest was one of the best things that ever happened to me, as it made me realize how to work out better, become more dedicated/disciplined to trianing, and overall gave me a better appreciation for my blessings I was given.
Now this was 21 years ago, and medicine was not as good.
I came back after 8 months missing (and made team right away no questions, on if I was recovered fully). I was much much bigger stronger (25 lbs of pure muscle), and my core strength was through the roof, because while not able to work out shoulder I did work my legs, core, and man did it help. Then, when I was able I started back on my upper body along with core/legs.
Maybe this is a good thing for Kadri and the rest as the might find they appreciate being a potential NHLer more, and work harder to get there.

questhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Funk Volume
Independent Living

Quote:
I suffered a grade I shoulder separation while playing hockey (crashed into the boards after being taken down on a partial breakaway). Tried to go out the next shift but any movement at all sent sharp jolts of pain to my upper shoulder, which I later found out was my AC joint. Outside the rink I had a tough time doing regular tasks. Any time I moved my arm upwards it was like I was getting stabbed in the shoulder. Very painful injury. I can only imagine the discomfort Kadri was in.
Yeah shoulder seperations are no fun at all, no matter the severity.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:

Yikes that looks gross. Hopefully they're both 100% by the start of camp but I think it's safe to assume it will affect their training in the offseason.

06-11-2012, 03:28 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by questhockey View Post
I had major shoulder separation at 15, and had large operation.(Got hit form behind into net, then boards...kinda pinballed me)
As I was recovering I started off slow with Physio, and stretching, but then graduate to weights and training. That to be honest was one of the best things that ever happened to me, as it made me realize how to work out better, become more dedicated/disciplined to trianing, and overall gave me a better appreciation for my blessings I was given.
Now this was 21 years ago, and medicine was not as good.
I came back after 8 months missing (and made team right away no questions, on if I was recovered fully). I was much much bigger stronger (25 lbs of pure muscle), and my core strength was through the roof, because while not able to work out shoulder I did work my legs, core, and man did it help. Then, when I was able I started back on my upper body along with core/legs.

Maybe this is a good thing for Kadri and the rest as the might find they appreciate being a potential NHLer more, and work harder to get there.
In a sick way, this is absolutely correct, especially for Kadri.

Its an absolute eye opener for these kids to realize just how big and strong some of these men in the NHL and AHL actually are.

They'll have to learn to rehab these injuries properly and hit the gym to strengthen their body to handle the rigours of this upcoming season and for their injured bodies to hold up.

It time for them to dig deep and know they have to bounce back from this and get stronger if they want to become what everyone believes they can be.

On the down side, they could go the opposite direction and fall behind in development due to this, but I certainly believe these 3 are of good enough character to take this offseason seriously, and come back much stronger players.

ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:36 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Well i definitely was wrong thinking it was a concussion...

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:48 PM
cookie
Fresh From The Oven

Kadri 5-6 weeks to recover as per this interview here:

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...ed-share-video

cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Eames

These guys are professional athletes. Just because they are hurt and having surgery doesn't mean they won't be training in the offseason. Colborne and Kadri have upper body injuries, that doesnt mean during their rehab stints they wont be training their lower bodies to become stronger and faster. If they truly want to be in the NHL they will make the extra effort to train

some people make it sound like unless they are 100% there just going to sit on the couch and watch tv.

Eames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Rinzler

With Kadri's shoulder, Frattin's Knee, Colborne's wrist & finger and Ashton's concussion, it's a wonder we got as far as we did. Not mad about losing the Calder finals at all.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eames View Post
These guys are professional athletes. Just because they are hurt and having surgery doesn't mean they won't be training in the offseason. Colborne and Kadri have upper body injuries, that doesnt mean during their rehab stints they wont be training their lower bodies to become stronger and faster. If they truly want to be in the NHL they will make the extra effort to train

some people make it sound like unless they are 100% there just going to sit on the couch and watch tv.
Exactly. Injuries and how you recover from them is a huge part of the job. They just work areas that aren't injured in the meantime. Rehabilitation is a fact of life for these guys and knowing how to do it is part of becoming a pro.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote