HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier

Old
06-11-2012, 02:05 PM
questhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
I can see NJ running after him with a deal involving Clarkson/Henrique++
For LA to get Henrique alone you'd have to add add add. NJ has done a great job a devoloping Henrique, and have too much respect for the kid to accept anything but a huge overpayment.
Clarkson + maybe, however he is heart and soul guy I'd like to keep. But Bernier would be nice in Devils uniform. Come back with something involving Clarkson that doesn't involve Henrique and maybe we chat.

questhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:09 PM
questhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
Not sure why Florida would want him with Markstrom ready to take over. Tampa or Jersey would be a good fit.
Just wondering how Markstroms injury is healing up and is he 100% for next season?
I like the kid but havn't heard much about him in a while, and interested.

questhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforhockey View Post
Bernier one knock he has to overcome.... hes not a big goalie... which alot of GMs value in the new NHL...ie if a big goalie is still in the butterfly there isnt alot of net to shoot at.

he does have good to very good talent (we have yet to see consistent at the NHL level though)

1st year he came in and three spectacular gms against three good teams two playoff and one that just missed.

2nd year he only started about 10 gms vs playoff teams .901 sv % 6-4 ...3 of those vs Nas

this year only played 5 gms vs playoff teams and LA couldnt rely on him to give quality gms down the stretch(ie fighting for playoff spots)
7gms played.....5 started vs playoff teams 4-1-0 .88sv % again two wins vs Nash

curious as Bernier WILLNOT be a starter this coming year and maybe possibly not the backup on the new team.....this year

what type of return is realistic.....

remmeber he played on one of the most defensive team

Halak(smaller goalie) had a great playoff run.... schnieder played in some of their big games (reg season ) and played in playoffs.

To me he has good upside but its still risky at this stage.

a 4th maybe a third in a small future goalie market...maybe a 2nd if GM is desperate and believes in him wholeheartly......
Dude, i want to be a crack dealer in your area.

we are not talking Luongo here, we are talking Jonathan Bernier.
The only reason he is a backup goalie is that he plays on the same team with
the absolutely best goalie on that planet.

Bernier would be a starter on absolutely every else NHL team at his young age.
If someone wants Bernier he better offer what we need.
And that is nothing else than a 30+ goal scorer or a 30+ goal scorer prospect same age...... Period

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:20 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

And that is nothing else than a 30+ goal scorer or a 30+ goal scorer prospect same age...... Period
First off, LoL at Quick being the best goalie in the league. Stop listening to the media so much and watch the actual games, the Kings limit opposition scoring chances like crazy.

Second...There are many, many teams Bernier wouldn't be the starter on in the NHL.

Third...the Kings are so far from in the drivers seat with Bernier it's not even funny. You think they'd get a 30 goal scorer for Bernier? Good lord.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:

So LA has the best and second best goalies in the league? #feedingthetroll

Rschmitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:26 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:

We're not talking about a proven Vezina nominee who took his team to game 7 of the finals, we're talking about a goalie prospect who has potential but watches games almost nightly and has proven nothing at the NHL level.
Bernier would be a starter on maybe 5 NHL teams.
If someone wants Bernier, they just have to offer better than what other teams will offer. Bernier's value will drop the longer he plays backup.
You won't get a 30+ goal scorer, or a 30+ goal scoring prospect of the same age...Period.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:35 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
We're not talking about a proven Vezina nominee who took his team to game 7 of the finals, we're talking about a goalie prospect who has potential but watches games almost nightly and has proven nothing at the NHL level.
Bernier would be a starter on maybe 5 NHL teams.
If someone wants Bernier, they just have to offer better than what other teams will offer. Bernier's value will drop the longer he plays backup.
You won't get a 30+ goal scorer, or a 30+ goal scoring prospect of the same age...Period.
What 5 teams would Bernier be the definite starter on?

Old
06-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
First off, LoL at Quick being the best goalie in the league. Stop listening to the media so much and watch the actual games, the Kings limit opposition scoring chances like crazy.

Second...There are many, many teams Bernier wouldn't be the starter on in the NHL.

Third...the Kings are so far from in the drivers seat with Bernier it's not even funny. You think they'd get a 30 goal scorer for Bernier? Good lord.
Quick is the best goalie in the world and it's not even close

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:50 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Quick is the best goalie in the world and it's not even close
Lol, okay then

Lets just all pretend hockey isn't a team game and ignore the fact that the Kings are an unbelievable defensive team and the lack of quality chances Quick faces per game is astonishing!

Quick the best goalie in the world...LoL

Old
06-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Petes2424

Quote:

Back in the 80s and even somewhat in the 90s, teams bit on these so-called "cant miss" goaltenders and actually gave up good assets. It just doesnt happen in the NHL anymore. Maybe occasionally but for the most part, no.

Bernier's value is minimal when it comes down to it. Teams hide guys like this and have for 30 years. They bring them up, barely play them and try and tell the world how great they are to hopefully move them. Toskala is a prime example. There's tens of others.

Let's talk of Bernier's actual value. Do people think it's more than Mason's? Same age and even with his recent struggles, Mason has proven more in the NHL. That's all that needs to be said.

Goaltenders have the least value they've ever had in today's NHL and there's very few teams like Colorado that are willing to bite on stupidity.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Tampa. And at that, he'd be given the opportunity.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:14 PM
redbeard7737

Quote:

Toronto, Tampa, Columbus, Edmonton, Chicago, maybe San Jose

He is a good goalie and should get a chance this year but I don't think he will return a 30 goal scorer! That's a dream for kings fans.

redbeard7737 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:18 PM
crazyforhockey

Quote:

I value Bernier future as Ive stated......

question is what has he done this year and last year......they couldnt give Quick a break down th estretch...... even playing for a great defensive team against teams esp playoff teams was marginal and his sv% .900 or less....what stater is he going to knock out......

the only reason he will get more than what I said is if someone overpays.....and if you listen to most GM's size does atter....and Ill standby Bernier not starting and may or not be a backup....esp not being a backup that plays 25+gms

LA is better suited to hold him for another year or two to bring up his value...

what drugs are you on

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:

He is a good goalie and should get a chance this year but I don't think he will return a 30 goal scorer! That's a dream for kings fans.
How is Bernier any more proven as a starter right now than Reimer? And I ain't even a LeafFan.

Barney Gumble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:20 PM
backofthenet

Quote:
He could challenge in
FLA
Tampa
EDM
WPG

He would be a good replacement for Marty in NJ
same goes for Calgary

My opinion is that he would be perfect in Washington, but they are sold on Holtby.

backofthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:21 PM
crazyforhockey

Quote:

he was under .900 sv% on one of the best defensive teams...other than Nash he hasnt performed good enough to be a starter other than the odd game here or there

not that he cant get there in a year or two.......are you going to overpay for a guy who will be your backup at best this coming year

even if your trying to buy now to avoid the rush/cost increase.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:25 PM
HeavyHammer
Go Bolts!

Quote:

Definite starter? Probably only a good chance for Tampa and Columbus. 50/50 for Toronto. He'd start off the year behind Crawford in Chicago and Niemi in San Jose. Edmonton probably wouldn't even trade for him.

HeavyHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:31 PM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
I've said this before about Bernier and I will say it again....

I am and always have been a huge believer that Bernier will be a Top 10 goalie in the league very soon....I've seen him play many times and have watched him in practice....he just has so much natural talent it is ridiculous....His positioning is superb and his IQ and ability to read plays is already top notch....Combine that with the Kings grooming him the right way (Him wining AHL goalie of the year, etc) and with his now NHL playoff experience (At least practicing with the team)...he is ready to take over a #1 job and he deserves it also....

I've also said it many times that before this year i truly believed that Bernier was our future...Obviously, Quick has turned into a top 3 goalie in the league and there is no way Bernier takes his job, but that's not his fault...Whoevever winds up with Bernier will have a future Top 5-10 goalie who will be with that team for over a decade...

Dont disagree with the potential

its like right now teams would pay a big return to get Quick ..... 3 yrs ago would the return be as much...no would teams be willing to risk huge trade to get quick 3 yrs ago......its all about showing what you can do ..Halak doesnt get what he was traded until after his playoff showing......

still a risk even with the limited showing of Bernier.....maybe you spend a 2nd now to get him while the price is cheap....maybe LA holds him for 1 more year

Old
06-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Yzlamic Preacher
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by backofthenet View Post
He could challenge in
FLA
Tampa
EDM
WPG

He would be a good replacement for Marty in NJ
same goes for Calgary

My opinion is that he would be perfect in Washington, but they are sold on Holtby.
Florida - Marksstrom
Tampa - Probably
EDM - Dubnyk/Khabi
WPG - Maybe...Pavelec stays no chance.

There are realistically 2 teams he would start on Tampa and Columbus, with the maybe of Winnipeg if Pavelec leaves. There is no point in Toronto going for him, as someone has stated above its pretty much a lateral move with Reimer/Bernier.

Yzlamic Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Hanifin
Welcome Kasperi!

vCash: 150
Quote:
Lol, okay then

Lets just all pretend hockey isn't a team game and ignore the fact that the Kings are an unbelievable defensive team and the lack of quality chances Quick faces per game is astonishing!

Quick the best goalie in the world...LoL
He's better then Lundqvist, lol.

As for the thread, Bernier is a bust so far, he's proven absolutely nothing at the NHL level and his stats are underwhelming. Goalies take longer to develop but time is running out of Bernier being drafted in 2006.

Hanifin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Vic Vinegar

If Ben Bishop was traded for a 2nd round pick, I have to think Bernier is worth a 1st rounder or a blue chip prospect.

Vic Vinegar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak5holeguy View Post
He's better then Lundqvist, lol.

As for the thread, Bernier is a bust so far, he's proven absolutely nothing at the NHL level and his stats are underwhelming. Goalies take longer to develop but time is running out of Bernier being drafted in 2006.
How is he a bust? He hasn't had a chance to prove anything because Jonathan Quick continues to impress.

I don't think you know what "bust" means.

Vic Vinegar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Hanifin
Welcome Kasperi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimMak187 View Post
If Ben Bishop was traded for a 2nd round pick, I have to think Bernier is worth a 1st rounder or a blue chip prospect.
What is Reimer worth then? He's more proven then Bernier and has better stats despite playing on a vastly inferior team that can't play a lick of defence. Bernier's value is not of a 11th overall pick, I'd say Ben Bishop probably as more value then Bernier. You're getting a 2nd round pick or a struggling prospect for him right now. I guarantee it.

Old
06-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Hanifin
Welcome Kasperi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimMak187 View Post
How is he a bust? He hasn't had a chance to prove anything because Jonathan Quick continues to impress.

I don't think you know what "bust" means.
Bull****, Why are Quicks number's so superior to Berniers. This isn't a Halak/Price situation where both showed capable of being a #1G.
If Bernier was playing well he would get more starts. That isn't the case.

2011-12 Los Angeles NHL 16 5 6 2 890 35 383 2.36 .909 1
2010-11 Los Angeles NHL 25 11 8 3 1378 57 652 2.48 .913 3

Hardly great numbers for a supposedly top goalie prospect.

Old
06-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

I would never give up Clarkson or Henrique for Bernier unless he was fully proven, which he is not. That is crazy talk. Our scouts and management would have to have a ton of confidence in him to pull the trigger on that.

Lombardi would take either in a second and run. Let alone the extra pluses people want to add. It would never happen.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote