HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Islanders not interested in re-signing PA Parenteau?

Old
06-11-2012, 02:05 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb6947 View Post
I remember reading he was looking for a long term deal. I took that to mean in the ball park of 4 or 5 year term.

Just a hunch, but I would think considering the Isles farm system the Isles are more comfortable with a two year deal.

In other words, the Isles will come close to the money but not the term. PA will most likely explore his options in an attempt to find his term, consider the pay associated to the desired term and weight the options against the deal and the situation presented to him by the Isles.
I think you are right.

I would guess he wants the security of a long term deal.
Someone suggested signing him long term,then trading him in 2 yrs.

But,for all we know,Parenteau could be asking for a NTC or NMC.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:07 PM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

In before a Leaf's fan offers Komisarek....

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:07 PM
wickedwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Hes a good complimentary player. However do competitive teams have room for a complimentary player on their top line?
The Caps do.

That said, $5 million per year for 5 years is too much.

wickedwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:13 PM
habs_24x

I hope the Habs go after him. its going to be slim pickings this july 1 and i dont see Montreal landing anyone of importance so why not? He would be taking the Gomez spot in the roster at half the price and produce 50-60 points.
18 mil for 4 years should do it and they would be bringing in a Quebec born player to boot.

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post
I hope the Habs go after him. its going to be slim pickings this july 1 and i dont see Montreal landing anyone of importance so why not? He would be taking the Gomez spot in the roster at half the price and produce 50-60 points.
18 mil for 4 years should do it and they would be bringing in a Quebec born player to boot.
Hard to believe that a Habs fans want another middle-sized, skilled, one-dimensional, and non-physical player for biggish money. If I were a Habs fan, I'd go into anaphylaxis at the mere thought of it.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:11 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
This...

IMO this is Okposo to show he is a true top 6 winger that can be counted on to score 25-30 goals...

He came on strong last season after a horrific start and being a healthy scratch......

They only bad thing about this would be an excuse to rush another youngter before his time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Okposo scored 24 goals this season.
Scoring 1-6 more, will prove he is a a true top 6 winger?
Yes, because he needs to do it on a consistant basis....

While also providing a good defensive and physical game

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:18 PM
MXD

Anything over 3.5 is serious overpayment.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:20 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Before this news about Parenteau,NY press was saying Snow would be trying to add a top 4 defenseman.I don't think Parenteau leaving,really changes their budget for that defenseman.

I think we will see Snow go after Huselius or Andrei Kostitsyn for his top 6,using Parenteau's money.
I don't doubt it. Nevertheless, the operative word in my post was "overpay." Market value only gets NYI so far.

06-11-2012, 03:22 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

IMO, Ryan Strome is the reason a contract has not been signed yet. I believe the Isles want Strome playing on Tavares' wing in the near future, so signing Parenteau to anything longer than 2-years is probably not in the cards.

This guy is going to get a big contract from somebody, so if the Isles aren't offering the years he wants... he's gone.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:24 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

One thing the Isles have been really good at recently is getting good value out of their own FAs. Tavares, Moulson, Grabner, Okposo, Nielsen, and MacDonald are all signed to sweetheart deals IMO. If Parenteau wants anything north of 4M I could see management balking at those demands. If so, he'll go elsewhere and I'm sure Isles won't miss him that much

Anyone have any concrete information as to what exactly was offered?

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:28 PM
ginovegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post
if we have to give him that much might as well add 2 more million and make it 5 million fir 4 years to Semin

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:33 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
I don't doubt it. Nevertheless, the operative word in my post was "overpay." Market value only gets NYI so far.
Newsday says the Isles were eying Oduya as a potential ufa pickup.They wanted him to join Streit/Hamonic/MacDonald in their top 4.

When the rumor was first reported,some Isles fans complained,wanting someone better then Oduya.I had posted Bowman's positive comments about Oduya's play.

A few Hawk fans posted,saying that he was awful and their team would not be re-signing him.Then days later,he re-signed with the Hawks.

I'm guessing the isles would have offered him $3.5m-$4m per.
I expect that money will be offered to ufas Allen, Garrison ,Colaiacovo or Kuba.

I would not be surprised to read that Snow has kicked the tires on trading for a short term pickup like Murray,Robidas or Leopold.Eyeing teams who want to get younger or add size.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:34 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
IMO, Ryan Strome is the reason a contract has not been signed yet. I believe the Isles want Strome playing on Tavares' wing in the near future, so signing Parenteau to anything longer than 2-years is probably not in the cards.

This guy is going to get a big contract from somebody, so if the Isles aren't offering the years he wants... he's gone.
Everyone assumes Strome will play wing but the Isles in prospect camp and NHL camp had him at Centre....I know its just camp but I never heard the team state otherwise...

Old
06-11-2012, 03:48 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Everyone assumes Strome will play wing but the Isles in prospect camp and NHL camp had him at Centre....I know its just camp but I never heard the team state otherwise...
The 2 main reasons why I assume Strome will play wing are A) the JT and Moulson connection. They all train together, and it's possible they all have chemistry playing with eachother. B) I think if they really wanted a pure-2nd line center, they would have taken Couturier. He just made too much sense there if that's the route they wanted to take.

I suppose it's possible that Strome could stick as a center for this team, personally I just don't see it happening.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:48 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:

This makes sense. I thin Isles could sign him to a longer contract and trade him after Strome is ready.. unless he regresses of course and/or Parenteau wants NTC.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:50 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 700
Ugh...

Have the feeling Ottawa is going to give him a big offer. Murray showed a lot of interest to acquire him at the deadline...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:51 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Newsday says the Isles were eying Oduya as a potential ufa pickup.They wanted him to join Streit/Hamonic/MacDonald in their top 4.

When the rumor was first reported,some Isles fans complained,wanting someone better then Oduya.I had posted Bowman's positive comments about Oduya's play.

A few Hawk fans posted,saying that he was awful and their team would not be re-signing him.Then days later,he re-signed with the Hawks.

I expect that money will be offered to ufas Allen, Garrison ,Colaiacovo or Kuba.

I would not be surprised to read that Snow has kicked the tires on trading for a short term pickup like Murray,Robidas or Leopold.Eyeing teams who want to get younger or add size.
If you mean Douglas Murray than yah, he is very likely available (especially after the Stuart trade, assuming he signs).

Most Sharks fans seem to think a high 2nd would get it done.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Mahleezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
If he makes it to July 1 I am guessing Montreal will go hard after him to play on the Plekanec line.
Not at 5.5 mill per they won't!!

No way he makes more than Plecky.

He wants a 4 year, 4 mill per contract much like Jones got in Colorado and then Montreal MIGHT go after him.

Mahleezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Kloparren
Hth

I'd give him $4.5 M max but only if it's two years max. If he wants long term then it has to be less than 4 if I'm NYI.

Also people say he has chemistry with Tavares....he played on the 2nd line after Okposo got promoted iirc and the other problem is that he's not the type of star player who changes a tight checking game even if he does put up 60 pts.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:58 PM
StrongIslanders90

Grabo got 5.5 and that was an overpayment, Grabo imo is a better player than PAP so if PAP wants Tavares and Grabo Money hes crazy....

But somone will "pay him his money" John Malkovich voice from Rounders....

Old
06-11-2012, 04:00 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:

I'd be interested in Leo to NYI..We have too many d-men right now. What would NYI send back to Buffalo?

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:02 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Grabo got 5.5 and that was an overpayment, Grabo imo is a better player than PAP so if PAP wants Tavares and Grabo Money hes crazy....

But somone will "pay him his money" John Malkovich voice from Rounders....
P-yay hym..... P-yay dat myaan his mahn-e.

Old
06-11-2012, 04:03 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
P-yay hym..... P-yay dat myaan his mahn-e.

Awsome!!

Old
06-11-2012, 04:03 PM
subbang76
I CAN SPEAK FRENCH!

He and Desharnais are good friends apparently... I say he signs in Montreal to play on Plekanec's wing....

5 years/5 mil per with an NTC...

subbang76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Anything over 3.5 is serious overpayment.
Nope. It's a cap rising world, P.A deserves more.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote