HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Association Football Thread (New York Red Bulls, USMNT, And All Soccer Discussion)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2012, 02:29 PM
  #76
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,753
vCash: 500
This UKR-SWE game has definitely been the most entertaining one i've watched.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:06 PM
  #77
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 50
It's been a good one. Sweden scores, the NYR are all happy. Ukraine answers back. Feds cheers. Wonder if they're all watching together somewhere...

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:07 PM
  #78
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,962
vCash: 50
Weaaaaaak coverage Sweden

Hellion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:09 PM
  #79
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,753
vCash: 500
I'm rooting for Sweden because I know Ibrahimovic from FIFA, but I can't be mad at who wins because both sides have really hot chick fans. Looks like Sweden can't play D, though.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:17 PM
  #80
Petey Pucks
Registered User
 
Petey Pucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
You just trashed an entire continent to protect Balotelli. Unbelievable. Italy disgraced themselves by even allowing him to play for them. He hasn't done anything to warrant a call-up to the first team. His hype is all about "potential". They should have told him to **** off and play for Ghana.
you're joking lol because you can't be this ignorant.....he hasn't done anything to warrant a call up you say? ummm he is only 21 years old and look at how he plays already. In 59 league appearances for Inter he had 20 goals before the age of 20 and in 40 league appearances for Man City he has 19 goals before the age of 22.

You say Italy disgraced themselves by allowing him to play for them, why is that? Last I checked he was born in Italy and was raised by his Italian adoptive parents. He grew up there and he knows nothing else so why would he play for Ghana? That's not his country.

And please don't tell me I just trashed an entire continent and sweep europe's racism under the rug....umm how many times have we seen an anti racist theme now at a major european football tournament because Euro 2012 is not the first time

Come out from under your rock....are you even from Romania? Have you been to Europe? It's racism all over the continent is very apparent and there is more than one country that is guilty of this...many in fact. Hence the anti racist agenda at another football tourney....

Petey Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:23 PM
  #81
Petey Pucks
Registered User
 
Petey Pucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
So he strolled in on that breakaway and flubbed a golden opportunity to put Italy ahead because Europe is racist? Makes sense.
didn't say that...can you read?

someone said mario is annoying or something to that extent and I just informed him on why he can unfairly appear that way and why mario has some of the frustrations that he does.stick to hockey if you're going to say things like that...we all know he messed up and we all know that has nothing to do with what i was saying

Petey Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:42 PM
  #82
Petey Pucks
Registered User
 
Petey Pucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Ukraine not weak!!

http://youtu.be/fzLtF_PxbYw

Petey Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:50 PM
  #83
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
didn't say that...can you read?

someone said mario is annoying or something to that extent and I just informed him on why he can unfairly appear that way and why mario has some of the frustrations that he does.stick to hockey if you're going to say things like that...we all know he messed up and we all know that has nothing to do with what i was saying
You said he gets a bad reputation in part because the continent is racist. I was simply pointing out, albeit sarcastically, that he deserves every bit of his reputation.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:50 PM
  #84
nyr5186
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 2,702
vCash: 500
Shevchenko just pulled a Messier.

nyr5186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:54 PM
  #85
Petey Pucks
Registered User
 
Petey Pucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
You said he gets a bad reputation in part because the continent is racist. I was simply pointing out, albeit sarcastically, that he deserves every bit of his reputation.
we have to agree to disagree....he deserves some of his reputation i would say...as i said before it's not easy for him

Petey Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:00 PM
  #86
Vidic15
Registered User
 
Vidic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
you're joking lol because you can't be this ignorant.....he hasn't done anything to warrant a call up you say? ummm he is only 21 years old and look at how he plays already. In 59 league appearances for Inter he had 20 goals before the age of 20 and in 40 league appearances for Man City he has 19 goals before the age of 22.

You say Italy disgraced themselves by allowing him to play for them, why is that? Last I checked he was born in Italy and was raised by his Italian adoptive parents. He grew up there and he knows nothing else so why would he play for Ghana? That's not his country.

And please don't tell me I just trashed an entire continent and sweep europe's racism under the rug....umm how many times have we seen an anti racist theme now at a major european football tournament because Euro 2012 is not the first time

Come out from under your rock....are you even from Romania? Have you been to Europe? It's racism all over the continent is very apparent and there is more than one country that is guilty of this...many in fact. Hence the anti racist agenda at another football tourney....
Been to Europe several times. I've been discriminated more in this country (America) than I have there. You make it sound like it's only a problem in Europe.

I watched him at Inter and at City. Stats aside, you can't defend his behavior. Mourinho said he has one brain cell. Completely lost confidence in him, and for good reason. This season at City, Mancini was ready to sell Balotelli after the Kolarov incident. The look on Mancini's face on the sidelines while that whole bust up happened said it all. Let's not forget how he said he would kill anybody who racially abused him outside the the stadiums at the tournament. He's an absolute psychotic.

Vidic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:05 PM
  #87
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,186
vCash: 500
Was that Fedotenko that scored twice?

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:06 PM
  #88
Petey Pucks
Registered User
 
Petey Pucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
Been to Europe several times. I've been discriminated more in this country (America) than I have there. You make it sound like it's only a problem in Europe..
oh it's definitely not just a europe problem. i would say that the discrimination you suffered here is not the same suffered by a black man in a mostly white continent...maybe i'm wrong? maybe you suffered the same? but it's fair to say europe doesn't take kindly to african and many other immigrants.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
I watched him at Inter and at City. Stats aside, you can't defend his behavior. Mourinho said he has one brain cell. Completely lost confidence in him, and for good reason. This season at City, Mancini was ready to sell Balotelli after the Kolarov incident. The look on Mancini's face on the sidelines while that whole bust up happened said it all. Let's not forget how he said he would kill anybody who racially abused him outside the the stadiums at the tournament. He's an absolute psychotic.

that's true and i said before you he has issues but these issue probably run deep from his childhood in Italy and other european countries....he is young and i think will grow out of it....he was very young when he did alot of these things

Petey Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:10 PM
  #89
GarretJoseph*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Was that Fedotenko that scored twice?
He does need the goal to be that big to score...

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:11 PM
  #90
GarretJoseph*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr5186 View Post
Shevchenko just pulled a Messier.
Eh. I don't think so. 1 game. Not the 3rd round & 6th game of a series. If Sheva does that in the q-finals, semis or final.. then yeah. I'd agree.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:11 PM
  #91
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM
 
BigDaddyNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hartford
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
That atomosphere was unbelievable.

What a great win for Ukraine, happy for them and that country.

And what a game to, I would say that one has been the best all tournament.

BigDaddyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:12 PM
  #92
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM
 
BigDaddyNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hartford
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
Ukraine not weak!!

http://youtu.be/fzLtF_PxbYw
One of my favorite seinfeld episodes.

"Ok buddy, were playing a game here" Kramer is the best tv character ever IMO.

BigDaddyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:15 PM
  #93
Petey Pucks
Registered User
 
Petey Pucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyNYR View Post
One of my favorite seinfeld episodes.

"Ok buddy, were playing a game here" Kramer is the best tv character ever IMO.
lol agreed...i love how kramer reacts

how do i post the video and not the link?

Petey Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:29 PM
  #94
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
CarlHagelin Let's go Sweden get a W against Ukraine!! @MGaborik10 where is Slovakia in EuroCup 2012?

MGaborik10 "@CarlHagelin: Let's go Sweden get a W against Ukraine!! @MGaborik10 where is Slovakia in EuroCup 2012?"... Oooops,too bad for Sweden bud

I love these guys.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:33 PM
  #95
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue
 
N9Y4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Gold Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
When he goes it will be for probably around 40 million Euros. I am hearing it is Barca and RM but honestly, Alexis cost Barca 22m. Villa cost them 35m. Affelay and Cuenca are in the wings.

Of those guys, the most likely to make way for Neymar is Villa. But Barca has had more success with Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas and Busquets on the field than with one of them off it in exchange for two more attacking wingers.

I don't know. It seems like a disaster in the making to me. Neymar should go immediately to Serie A and take a starting role on a champions league team. Jump right into RM or Barca and there will be an adjustment period. The Brazilian league is not the level of the big 4 leagues in Europe.
I agree totally. Notice Spain's first XI yesterday had six midfielders including all four you mention and no forwards. No coincidence Barca and the National Team play a similar style.

Think Villa cost Barca 40m. Neymar will probably cost more and Serie A would be a goo place to start, AC Milan has been mentioned, depending on their financial situation going forward.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 07:16 PM
  #96
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
oh it's definitely not just a europe problem. i would say that the discrimination you suffered here is not the same suffered by a black man in a mostly white continent...maybe i'm wrong? maybe you suffered the same? but it's fair to say europe doesn't take kindly to african and many other immigrants.....




that's true and i said before you he has issues but these issue probably run deep from his childhood in Italy and other european countries....he is young and i think will grow out of it....he was very young when he did alot of these things
I'm not sure that's true anymore. I don't know about black people but there are a lot of muslims in Europe now. It's very diverse.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 07:21 PM
  #97
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM
 
BigDaddyNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hartford
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
lol agreed...i love how kramer reacts

how do i post the video and not the link?
You put the link inbetween these and then it will just show the video.

Or you can go into advanced reply and just press the youtube thing up at the top of where you type your message and it will show the automatically if you forget how to do that.

Hopefully this helps you out.

BigDaddyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 08:14 PM
  #98
Petey Pucks
Registered User
 
Petey Pucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I'm not sure that's true anymore. I don't know about black people but there are a lot of muslims in Europe now. It's very diverse.
Certain euro countries are more diverse than others such as England, France, Germany but trust me just because these countries have more open immigration policies doesn't mean these people are welcomed with open arms, especially muslims. There are many black people and muslims(algerians really) in France due to the fact France had colonial territories in africa and elsewhere but it's common knowledge that these people are treated as 2nd class citizens and these people are very aware of it. I have a couple black friends in france, former football pals, that would love to tell you everything. Funny as France loved these professional black players when these men won them a world cup in 98 and a euro in 2000, but the average black man on the street is treated much differently and not afforded the same opportunities. One French politician( forgot his name) went so far as to say the French National Football has too many black players and needs more ethnic white players....look it up!

Petey Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 08:16 PM
  #99
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by N9Y4R View Post
I agree totally. Notice Spain's first XI yesterday had six midfielders including all four you mention and no forwards. No coincidence Barca and the National Team play a similar style.

Think Villa cost Barca 40m. Neymar will probably cost more and Serie A would be a goo place to start, AC Milan has been mentioned, depending on their financial situation going forward.
Yah Iniesta was on fire but those guys need a center forward to target... maybe Llorente who would bring much of what they lack.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 08:19 PM
  #100
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Guys we're letting the thread go for soccer discussion, not racism discussion.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.