HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can Radulov become a Hab?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2012, 05:44 PM
  #301
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforcerWeNeed View Post
Low level argumentation. You're absolutly lying when you say I'd rather have Darche on the first line instead of Alexander Raduklov. I wouldn't want any of these.

I'd rather have any other 1st liner that is not called Semin, Radulov, Grabovski, AKostitsyn or SKostitsyn.
You did look at the UFA pool this year right?You suggested Oli Jokien on Montreal? LOL no man that is "Low level argumentation"

I don't see how you're so against Radulov.He got wicked upside .

Don't be so blind , I'm sure if you look back on HF board, there was Habs fans telling Leafs fans what a villian /bum Grabovski was! and how Habs got a better deal than Dallas for Ribero cause he was a bum .


Radu nothing like that, what happened was blown out of proportion...

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:44 PM
  #302
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforcerWeNeed View Post
Low level argumentation. You're absolutly lying when you say I'd rather have Darche on the first line instead of Alexander Raduklov. I wouldn't want any of these.

I'd rather have any other 1st liner that is not called Semin, Radulov, Grabovski, AKostitsyn or SKostitsyn.
Radulov was uninspired in a non-hockey town and you're going to throw him out like that?

If all he costs is a 6th to 7th round pick and 4 million (let's just be hypothetical here)...he's worth the risk.

He has the talent to be a top 20 player in the NHL.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:55 PM
  #303
Killerguitar101*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Radulov was uninspired in a non-hockey town and you're going to throw him out like that?

If all he costs is a 6th to 7th round pick and 4 million (let's just be hypothetical here)...he's worth the risk.

He has the talent to be a top 20 player in the NHL.
Talent is nothing when you're a lazy piece of crap. Just like Kostitsyn and Semin.

4 millions is what Chris Kelly just got. Radulov will ask 6.5 millions.

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:57 PM
  #304
Killerguitar101*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
You did look at the UFA pool this year right?You suggested Oli Jokien on Montreal? LOL no man that is "Low level argumentation"

I don't see how you're so against Radulov.He got wicked upside .

Don't be so blind , I'm sure if you look back on HF board, there was Habs fans telling Leafs fans what a villian /bum Grabovski was! and how Habs got a better deal than Dallas for Ribero cause he was a bum .


Radu nothing like that, what happened was blown out of proportion...
The proportion was big. Radulov was caught in a bar. Didn't backcheck. Trotz benched Radulov and Kostitsyn, what we never did here, and what we'll never do because hey, there are chances this is the game out of 5 he'll play well.

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:00 PM
  #305
zeeto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Endwell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
Ah, I see the blind hate is alive and well...

zeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:17 PM
  #306
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforcerWeNeed View Post
Talent is nothing when you're a lazy piece of crap. Just like Kostitsyn and Semin.

4 millions is what Chris Kelly just got. Radulov will ask 6.5 millions.
Kelly got 3m and Radulov is certainly not lazy. He played a full season in Russia, came to north america and during his first games with Nashville (as well as the first series) he was consistently their best forward. He was involved in nearly every thing.

Radulov will give you a far more consistent effort than Semin/Kostitsyn and he has fire in his belly unlike the other two.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:20 PM
  #307
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforcerWeNeed View Post
Radulov was caught in a bar.
No he wasn't.

Quote:
Didn't backcheck.
Not really his game. There's plenty of players like that.

Quote:
Trotz benched Radulov and Kostitsyn, what we never did here, and what we'll never do because hey, there are chances this is the game out of 5 he'll play well.
AKos got benched all the time by Jacques Martin

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:23 PM
  #308
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
I can picture it now...Radulov will go to the Flyers and kill it.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:25 PM
  #309
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I can picture it now...Radulov will go to the Flyers and kill it.
right after Kovalchuk is put on waiver cause he's lazy and don't back check... ..lol


I say Habs got a real good shot at Radu,i can see Quebec a place he would like to come play .

Marc needs to pick up the phone ,and offer him a Montreal jersey.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:39 PM
  #310
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
Give back the Preds 2nd for Rad..Could be worth the gamble.Talk to him Let him know it's a two yr deal and if it pans out than sign him for another 5 yrs.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:42 PM
  #311
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
right after Kovalchuk is put on waiver cause he's lazy and don't back check... ..lol


I say Habs got a real good shot at Radu,i can see Quebec a place he would like to come play .

Marc needs to pick up the phone ,and offer him a Montreal jersey.
Kovalchuk does backcheck nowadays.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:43 PM
  #312
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Kovalchuk does backcheck nowadays.
amazing players can change ?


To the Radu detractors, Habs need a guy like him , a FLASHY guy with skilled offense.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:45 PM
  #313
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
amazing players can change ?
Well yeah, another reason for the right price you give anyone a shot. If the Habs don't at least make offers to Radulov and Semin it would be a mistake.

But I still wouldn't give much up for Radu. But this team needs skill to be taken seriously.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:49 PM
  #314
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Give back the Preds 2nd for Rad..Could be worth the gamble.Talk to him Let him know it's a two yr deal and if it pans out than sign him for another 5 yrs.
I think they'll want a lot more...

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:51 PM
  #315
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I think they'll want a lot more...
The ball is not in their court. Because they've given teams the right to talk to Radulov they have 2 choice; 1) trade him to a team who's come up with a contract with him and his agent 2) Wait till july 1st and hope that someone offer sheets him.

The problem with no. 2) is that they might feel that he's more likely to go to the KHL and they will get nothing in return.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:54 PM
  #316
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I think they'll want a lot more...
Nashville is bent over bigtime....they can want , but never get.

Radu unless he get's a qualifying offer, goes UFA in next few weeks, clock ticks loud.
Yes sure they can give him a qualify offer, but he still won't play for Nashville and will leave NHL for a year ,they will get nothing .

They can get offered Rick Nash for him, but if Radu says no to BlueJackets , Nashville gets no Rick Nash.


I don't think Radu will go to just anywhere, he likely got a preferred destination which puts Nashville in a tough position for bargaining .So they can "want more" but they really torpedoed his value for doing it they way they did it .....


Last edited by Habaneros: 06-11-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:55 PM
  #317
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I think they'll want a lot more...
We wanted more for Skost

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 07:00 PM
  #318
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
We wanted more for Skost
far as I'm concerned they still owe...

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 07:43 PM
  #319
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
far as I'm concerned they still owe...
2nd and Baby Boum for Gill was pretty much repayment.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 08:18 PM
  #320
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,845
vCash: 500
Now that Preds won't attempt to sign AK, we can get both Radulov and him to torpedo the values that Therrien and Bergevin are trying to instill into this team. Are we that stupid-obsessed with pure talent?

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 08:24 PM
  #321
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Now that Preds won't attempt to sign AK, we can get both Radulov and him to torpedo the values that Therrien and Bergevin are trying to instill into this team. Are we that stupid-obsessed with pure talent?
There's a good reason to be obsessed with talent - we have very little. Is there a single guy on this team who can dangle the puck?

It's one reason they are such a joke on SOs.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 09:43 PM
  #322
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
There's a good reason to be obsessed with talent - we have very little. Is there a single guy on this team who can dangle the puck?

It's one reason they are such a joke on SOs.
Seriously, it's pathetic. Only Eller has decent stickhandling hands.
DD is patient and has nice vision/passes, but he can't deke anybody. Only Eller can.
Plek-Gio-Bourque-MaxPac-Cole, none of them can dangle around Dmen.

Unless Eller just explodes into a dominating force next year, it isn't enough.

I don't care who we go after, but we need back up ASAP and ideally top line talent, so Semin or Radulov.


Last edited by Kriss E: 06-11-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 09:52 PM
  #323
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Seriously, it's pathetic. Only Eller has decent stickhandling hands.
DD is patient and has nice vision/passes, but he can't deke anybody. Only Eller can.

Unless Eller just explodes into a dominating force next year, it isn't enough.

I don't care who we go after, but we need back up ASAP and ideally top line talent, so Semin or Radulov.
As much as I'd like to argue, I can't
Tho, I would add that my vote goes to Radulov 4-4.5/ yr 2-3 yrs

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:11 PM
  #324
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
As much as I'd like to argue, I can't
Tho, I would add that my vote goes to Radulov 4-4.5/ yr 2-3 yrs
If Chris Kelly is worth 3M$, I think Radulov is worth a bit more than 4M$.

He will probably get in the 6M$ area IMO.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:15 PM
  #325
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
If Chris Kelly is worth 3M$, I think Radulov is worth a bit more than 4M$.

He will probably get in the 6M$ area IMO.
If we can get Radulov for Cammalleri money, I'd be ecstatic.

Whatever problems Radulov is, it's no different from Cammy besides the ability to break his contract and run off to Russia (which is a big one, but wouldn't cost us at least), and is a better player.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.