HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perezhogin Officially A Bust?

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Shabutie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44_bertuzzi_44
Yah, Good Call..
_________

What i mean is "Trade Value" Remember how Brendl had 9.0B on HF and kept on underperforming until he was pretty much worthless.

So do you think Perezhogin's "trade value" will go up or down. And PLEAAAASEE try to be as un-biased as possible.
I'm not a fan of Perez so I'll give you an un-biased thought. At times he's shown flashes of brilliances, at other times he's looked lost. He hasn't put it all together yet in the NHL but when he does, he'll easily be a top 6 guy on any team. We've all seen what he can do at other levels and no one quite knows how long it'll take for him to bring it all together here, but we all know that if he could it would be worth the wait. Next year I expect to see him at the 55-60pt mark and gradually progress from there.

Old
04-04-2006, 12:02 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Perezhogin is not a bust.
He is a rookie.
He put up great numbers at the beginning of the season with Koivu and Kovy.
His confidence was torched by Julien and by Gainey sending him to the minors.
Give him at least two or three seasons before you declare a player with his speed and talent a bust.

Old
04-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Lars

Send a message via MSN to Lars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
I'm not a fan of Perez so I'll give you an un-biased thought. At times he's shown flashes of brilliances, at other times he's looked lost. He hasn't put it all together yet in the NHL but when he does, he'll easily be a top 6 guy on any team. We've all seen what he can do at other levels and no one quite knows how long it'll take for him to bring it all together here, but we all know that if he could it would be worth the wait. Next year I expect to see him at the 55-60pt mark and gradually progress from there.
Thanks, It took 3 pages of posts, but this was the one i was looking for.

Old
04-04-2006, 12:07 AM
felixd

I've honestly been a little disapointed with Perezhogin this year. Mostly with his discipline(or lack thereof, I should say). He is prone to taking bad penalties, especially hooking calls which is retarded for someone with his speed. That said, he has definitely shown talent, he just needs to get more wood on his shots(he seems to fan on a lot of them) and get stronger on the puck and I could see him hitting 15-20 next year.

Old
04-04-2006, 12:09 AM
Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
so basically you are doing everything i say you are doing, but frankly i think you are the only one who doesn't realize how ridiculous it is.

Done on this subject. I acknowlege Montreal has the most homeristic and often stupid posters on these boards, but Canuck fans should be proud of closing the gap cause they sure aren't doing it Cup wise.
Hey, I agree with you buddy. I also started a "Lets Commence The Rebuild" Post on canucks board late Febuary and said Nonis would be stupid to trade away all his picks for marginal assets that are UFA.

And Hey ... look what hes done, what a genious

Anyways What else do i have to do to have a say on Perezhogin??

I look at his stats, his ratings, his potential all on sites on the internet.

Then have asked opinions of fellow Habs' fans that i know.. aswell I also read posts on HF.

Aswell I have seen him play in quite a few games?

What do you want me to do to have a good opinion of him watch all 82 games of the season, and attend every single one personally and have undivided attention on Perezhogin ? I think i have done quite alot of research to have a say on him.

Old
04-04-2006, 12:11 AM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
What do you want me to do to have a good opinion of him watch all 82 games of the season, and attend every single one personally and have undivided attention on Perezhogin ? I think i have done quite alot of research to have a say on him.
Maybe check out his own fansite http://alexanderperezhogin.com/

Old
04-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Mike8

Pure troll. Why feed this little twerp any responses?

Old
04-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Raider917

i cant see how you can watch him play and not see that he is definitely skilled. its frustrating that he doesnt have finish yet but i can remember watching hossa, yashin, bonk etc. in ottawa. they would get a lot of chances but just couldnt cash in then eventually they improved in that area.

Old
04-04-2006, 12:15 AM
mikeg

I think he has bust "potential".. although I really do like the line he's on right now.

As of now, it's just too early to tell, we'll see what happens next year...

mike

Old
04-04-2006, 12:19 AM
Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Pure troll. Why feed this little twerp any responses?
You know whats really ironic, I have an Alexander Perezhogin Wallpaper on my desktop right now, so if you calling me a troll that cant be true becuase i like him "His Skill" to view him for the last two weeks.

Old
04-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
i cant see how you can watch him play and not see that he is definitely skilled. its frustrating that he doesnt have finish yet but i can remember watching hossa, yashin, bonk etc. in ottawa. they would get a lot of chances but just couldnt cash in then eventually they improved in that area.
Wow, when did I say he wasn't skilled ???! He has lots of ability but like most "BUST" players can't put it all together. And Perezhogin looks exactly like that right now, looks quite lost.

Do Hab Fans Agree ?

Old
04-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Teufelsdreck

If Perezhohin were a bust he'd be in the press box and Bulis would be playing.

Old
04-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Raider917

even if he is having trouble adjusting as a rookie, why does it make him a bust?

Old
04-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Mike8

Quote:
You know whats really ironic, I have an Alexander Perezhogin Wallpaper on my desktop right now, so if you calling me a troll that cant be true becuase i like him "His Skill" to view him for the last two weeks.
That's not irony.

Old
04-04-2006, 12:23 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Wow, when did I say he wasn't skilled ???! He has lots of ability but like most "BUST" players can't put it all together. And Perezhogin looks exactly like that right now, looks quite lost.

Do Hab Fans Agree ?
No, he's looking better now. Given 10+ minutes of icetime would help everyone see that.

Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Would you guys say Perezhogin is officially a Bust, or can you guys see him solidifying a role in the top two lines sometime in trhe near future.

I heard rumours that he is going back to Russia After The Year Is THis true ?

Do you see his value going up, or down in the next couple of months ?
No, I dont think he is a bust. Its too early to speculate on that kind of stuff.

You're from vancouver, not until this year have the sedins realized their potential.

But did Burke ever consider trading the sedins? Not a chance.

You dont trade a guy based on what he does in his rookie year. Chances are that it may come back to haunt you.

You mention Chistov as a comparison but let me tell you that there are many more examples of players finding their form within a few years in the league rather than some rookie who opts to go back to his homeland after his rookie year.

Old
NBHABSFAN

Quote:

Do Hab Fans Agree ?
NO

Old
04-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Bertuzzi44, while you haven't technically broken any rules, you present yourself with an adversarial tone, and are extremely unfair to a young, first year player. It seems like you aren't satisfied that Perezhogin is in his first year, and has a lot of growing up to do. A lot of players go through that experience, so I'm unsure as to what you are trying to get at by calling him a bust. If you are trying to incite a negative reaction from our fans, then this isn't the place to do it.

I'm closing this thread.

Closed Thread