HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So Proud of The Devils

Old
06-11-2012, 10:21 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

vCash: 500
AIRPORT INFO??

anyone?

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
i will be at the airport if I know what time they'll be there..

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bouds

I hate the Devils more than any other pro team, but damn good run.

Ran out of steam at the end, key guys banged up, but it was a hell of a run.

bouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:22 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Just wanna say congrats on a hard fought playoffs. The Devils showed that they still belong with the NHL elite this year. I know from 2 years ago how bad it felt to lose in the Final so it would be inhumane to wish any ill will or insult you guys. Enjoy the memories from the season and look forward to the future. If this was Marty's last game then congrats to him on a hall of fame career. Congrats again on a great season.

-KingForsberg

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:24 PM
NJD1982

Losing when you get so close will always feel like a kick in the gut but I'm proud of the team for what they accomplished.

I hope we make some moves and end up right back here next year.

NJD1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
elias026

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsZG View Post
This run made me wish I lived in States. Nothing more needs to be said.
i know what you mean.

So so proud of this team

elias026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Scott04

I'm cool with all of this. Before the season, people were skeptical of this team's playoff chances, let alone seeding. During the season there was debate if the Devils could grab one of the last spots. Playoffs started and the Devils "looked" done after they couldn't handle Florida. They advanced and the Devils were written off before the series vs. Philly started. The next round the Devils were written off because it was the Rangers years and that the Devils were just the next step in their path. The Finals started and the Devils didn't have a chance. Down 3-0 and they were dead in the water. I was proud of the team just for getting to the Finals, and even more proud that they didn't lay down after dropped Game 3. And didn't lay down after winning Game 4 to prevent the Kings from winning at our home arena. Even at 3-0 and 4-0 in this game the Devils still kept skating. There's no reason not to be proud of everything this team has done. It was a hell of a season and you really can't ask for much more than the amazing ride we got to experience.

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Dr Grant

Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
i will be at the airport if I know what time they'll be there..
Jealous. I need to move to NJ.

Dr Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Marv4Life
Worth billions...

My avatar basically sums it up with this team. Great run; no shame considering we were a lottery team last season with the same players.

Marv4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:32 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

You know what.. I ain't even mad.

Sure, seeing Jeff Carter and Mike Richards lift the Stanley Cup makes me want to burn my house down. And seeing the NHL hand the Kings the Cup makes me want to pull every hair out of my head. But I am beyond proud of this Devils team... I am honored to be a Devils fan.

People may take shots at our franchise, insulting our attendance numbers. We may not fill every seat on a Tuesday night game against a Western Conference team in January, but I maintain that we have the best fans in the NHL. That doesn't mean that we have the most fans (because we are far from that), but our fans are the most passionate, die-hard group in the league.

As I mentioned I am proud of this team. I am proud that they battled back and "won it for Pete" in the Panthers series, overcoming 2-1 and 3-2 series deficits. I am proud that they shoved all of Bryzgalov's stats up the Flyers ***es and beat the "best player in the world." I am proud that they did the same to the Rangers. I am proud for Ryan Carter for going from the waivers to the Finals, and for trolling MSG with 5 minutes left in Game 5. I am proud of Adam Henrique for emerging in the clutch (regular and post season), and also for serving the Raggies a heaping plate of **** for dinner in OT in Game 6.

In fact, I am proud of our whole roster. I am proud that they gave us fans something to cheer for, after a season that pushed us all to the brink of insanity. I am proud that they finally turned the Rock into a place marked by winning, not losing. I am proud when I see every player on this team crack a smile and laugh in the locker room, whether they be down 3-0 in the Finals or up 3-1 in the semifinals. I am proud of this team for going from being predicted to be a 10th seed to damn near winning the Stanley Cup.

Recently, we Devils fans have been struggling to find an identity for our team. With Sutter, we saw an open-style game. With MacLean, we saw a pile of ****. With Lemaire, we saw a well-rounded, energized team that won. Well, now we have established ourselves under DeBoer, as a hard-working, relentless, gutsy team with an intensity that can be just as powerful and potent as it is quiet and amicable.

And you know what? If you had told me, last offseason, that we would be within two wins of hoisting the Stanley Cup, I would have called you ****ing retarded and would have called a mental institution and had you taken off the streets. The fact that we got this close is mind-blowing. I know we're all kind of sour from losing, but, step back... we had an amazing season, spearheaded by an amazing captain, amazing character, amazing coaching (sometimes ), and OUR amazing goaltender.

As the old adage suggests, all good things must come to an end. Unfortunately, this "end" saw the Kings with the Cup. But, moving forward, I am very comfortable with where we are. I am confident that Zach and Marty will be back next year; I am confident that Henrique and Josefson will establish themselves even more down the middle; I am confident that this run will ignite this team to plenty of playoff success in the future. This year, the heart was there, the legs weren't. Shame.

I'm sad that the Devils lost, and that we have 4 months without hockey. But, I love this team. As Kevin Clark would announce it, "The 2011-2012 Eastern Conference Champions, your Newwwwwww Jerseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Devils!"

LET'S GO DEVILS!!

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:33 PM
NJDEVIL732
One game at a time..

Being a fan since 94 still recalling the first game I've been to as a kid, I'm proud and love the effort this team put forth...Thanks for one hell of a ride!

NJDEVIL732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD1982 View Post
I hope we make some moves and end up right back here next year.
This is the right attitude to have. Get right back at it next season.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Very proud. A healthy Kovalchuk makes this a very different series. No reason to be ashamed of this team. Lets go Devils.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dave Hrudey
Rookie User

I've been a Kings fan sence I was a little kid, a hockey fan in general for a very long time. I love Brodeur, the guy is a grade A class act and if the Kings would have lost I would have wanted it to be at the hands of Marty. Great season Devils, I think you guys surpassed all expectations this year, I had Kings/Rangers in the finals I totally ignored the Devils, especially after going 7 with Florida, but hey great season by you all and I hope to see Marty back here again next year, it'll probably be his last

Dave Hrudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Al Trautwig
Throaty Roar

Looking forward to seeing where Adam Henrique can take us...

Marty. Whatever you decide to do, thanks.

Al Trautwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:45 PM
AirheadPete
G-Dub

Can't say enough about this group. Every single guy

AirheadPete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirheadPete View Post
Can't say enough about this group. Every single guy
This is the best team we've had since 2003, and I don't mean just on ice success. I mean feeling like a team, bonding and overcoming adversity together.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

These last 2 years, honestly may be my favorite Devils teams, even above the Cup winners. our defense was looked at, laughed at, especially. i admire those group of guys a lot.No quit in this team throughout. Real proud of them.

Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
forceten

Send a message via AIM to forceten
Great season. I didn't think we'd get past the 2nd round and frankly at times during round one I thought we were a one and done again. The team really came together as the season progressed. We never got past being streaky and ultimately that did us in against a very consistent and determined Kings squad.

But 14 wins in the playoffs is nothing to sneeze at. It was a great achievement. Difficult not to be proud of this team.

forceten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:51 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
In the immortal words of Coach John Tortorella: "I love our jam, I love our balls."

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:52 PM
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser

Neutral party here-it hurts to lose. Keep your heads up and time will fix this.

That said, look at it this way guys (and I know some may not want to), but LA was the league's darling team. You guys were going to have to overcome not only LA, but the officials as well. Phoenix felt it and so did you guys. You did all you could but you weren't going to win with the league wanting the LA market to have a championship.

GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Anjae11Eden

Congrats from a Kings fan on an awesome season and team. Much respect.

Anjae11Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:53 PM
EliasFTW

I think im more upset at the loss of my beard and hair. I shaved both on april 12 and became attached.

I am so proud. I didnt expect making the playoffs. I held my head high last year wearing my Devils gear. Some people were nice and said takes a true fan to wear that this year. I get rewarded with Larsson beating the Flyers, Rangers, being the first team since 1945 to force a game 6 and a nice run. who's to say we dont win it all next year like the Pens in 09

EliasFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Tundra

Devils fan mail address for Bernier:

New Jersey Devils
Prudential Center
165 Mulberry Street
Newark, NJ 07102
USA

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Loyal Patrik
I Like Hockey.

Posted this in the GDT as well:

Congratulations to the Kings on winning their first Stanley Cup. As much as this hurts, I don't think I've ever been more proud to be a fan of the New Jersey Devils than I am right now. This team was dead last in the NHL a year and a half ago, and they took us on one of the most exhilarating, exciting, and sometimes nervewracking playoff runs I've ever had the pleasure to witness. I have faith that the front office, coaching staff and leaders in the dressing room will have this team even hungrier next year and in the years ahead, and that our turn to lift the Cup for the fourth time is in the not-too-distant future. I cannot truly express how I feel about this group of hockey players without writing an essay so this will have to suffice: I have been alive for ten championships ftom my favorite sports teams, and this is my favorite group of all, despite their shortcomings. The Devils lost to an outstanding hockey club, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm glad to have been a small part of this run, and I will bleed red and black until the day I die. Let's Go Devils.

Loyal Patrik is offline   Reply With Quote