HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

So Proud of The Devils

Old
06-11-2012, 10:59 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanMasher View Post
Neutral party here-it hurts to lose. Keep your heads up and time will fix this.

That said, look at it this way guys (and I know some may not want to), but LA was the league's darling team. You guys were going to have to overcome not only LA, but the officials as well. Phoenix felt it and so did you guys. You did all you could but you weren't going to win with the league wanting the LA market to have a championship.
We did this from the second round on out.

In the 2nd round, we played the Flyers, the refs, and the NHL's agenda. In the 3rd round, we played the Rangers, the refs and the NHL's agenda. In the SCF, we played the Kings, the refs and the NHL's agenda.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:01 PM
theking72
Confucius Ackbar

Devils gonna rule man

Thanks to the team, my fellow HF peoples, and pointing man

theking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:04 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

I will allow the Timbers Army to express how I feel about the Devils...

At the end of the day, both red and black flow through my veins and I am proud to support Jersey's Team.

It was a hell of a ride, boys. Thanks for an awesome spring. Here's to more good things to come during what will hopefully be a long time with DeBoer behind the bench.

Let's Go Devils.

PacManNJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Congrats on a great season guys.

Looking forward to the next.

06-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Dr Grant

Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
This is the best team we've had since 2003, and I don't mean just on ice success. I mean feeling like a team, bonding and overcoming adversity together.
MJB said this all season long and most of doubted it, including myself, but there isn't doubt anymore.

I'll go as far as saying it's our best team since 01.

Dr Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Forge*

To any Devils fan that wants to get back at any Rangers fans that'll talk **** about us not winning the cup I say **** off.

Prolly 2nd best result they got out of these playoffs, and you know what? I'm glad this is their 2nd best result. They couldn't get far than the ECF for the last 15years. They have won 1 division title in their last 18years or so.

This win is all about the Kings who steamrolled teams after teams until they met the Devils who took them to six games.2 of our lost came in OT.

That's the 2nd best team in the NHL, we should be proud of our team. Forget about any other fanbase wants to say, we got THE best result of our season; going to the SCF after a dysmal season last year.

we should be proud of them of seeing this team getting this far..and I'm glad of this team.

Proud of them.

Do you guys remember screaming that loud after Henrique double ot goal vs the Panthers? Or Poni goal vs the Flyers in ot? or Henrique again goal vs the Rangers in so many god damn years?
I don't.

Last time I screamed so loud was in 2003.

Forge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:12 PM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

This hurts less than '01 at least

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:13 PM
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
We did this from the second round on out.

In the 2nd round, we played the Flyers, the refs, and the NHL's agenda. In the 3rd round, we played the Rangers, the refs and the NHL's agenda. In the SCF, we played the Kings, the refs and the NHL's agenda.
I know man, don't let anyone tell you different. I've seen it happen to other teams and it's heartbreaking. Reminds me a lot of when Anaheim won in 07-there were just different sets of rules for them and their opponents. It was sad but it's a business.

GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Forge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
True.

I remember crying over 01, it was that bad.

Cuz I knew this team was better than the Avalanche they just let their chances slipped away...

Forge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:17 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

The only thing after this loss that really made me feel really ****** was seeing my best friend's little brother cry.

Being that he's only 12 years old, he doesn't remember the Devils going on a run like this.

PacManNJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Congrats from leafs fan

I think your team did an amazing job this post season!!!!! Althought the Devils didn't get the cup, I thought this series could have gone either way. The penalty that cost you guys the game was questionable, and it killed the whole team which was the deciding factor tonight. All in all this team deserves a lot of recognition!!!

Also hoping this was not Marty's last game

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Thanks for your class! It's appreciated!

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:20 PM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

Thanks

MountainGoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
About the same for me right now, but that might change when I have some more time to reflect on it.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:24 PM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Quote:
About the same for me right now, but that might change when I have some more time to reflect on it.
We battled back from the edge and then came up short. Also feels better than the choke, imo, regardless of whether we should have come out better.

Plus I'm 10 years older and 10 years more jaded.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:26 PM
CerebralGenesis

Nah 01 is unambiguously worse.

If the Devils would have split the first 2 at home that would be a different story. Probably will offend the locals, but I think the better team won the series. Maybe if Kovalchuk was healthy and Parise put home that empty netter game 1, but it felt like LA dictated more than anything.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:57 PM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

They gave us one hell of a ride. Sucks to come up short, but I'll be damned if I thought they had any chance at getting past even the first round. 4th line Marty showed some flashes of former glory, Kovy battled his heart out through injury, Henrique proved he's the most clutch player the Devils have had since Lemieux, in his rookie season! DeBoer proved he could push almost all the right buttons (he screwed up with Larsson IMO). Taking out the rags might as well have been the Cup.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks to get so close and lose. I feel completely deflated right now. Don't even want to get out of bed. I have all kinds of concerns about next season, and am going to go crazy with no hockey to watch until then. But damn, if this team could make it to the SCF, it gives me so much hope for the future.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Nocashstyle

Thanks buddy!

Nocashstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:59 PM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Nah 01 is unambiguously worse.

If the Devils would have split the first 2 at home that would be a different story. Probably will offend the locals, but I think the better team won the series. Maybe if Kovalchuk was healthy and Parise put home that empty netter game 1, but it felt like LA dictated more than anything.
LA is clearly the better team. Better D, at least equivalent offensively (if not better), and a better goalie. They were just pathetic underachievers for the majority of the season. They finally got a coach that got the team to give a damn.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:03 AM
mentalcase
Rookie User

I never expected this team to make it to the cup final let alone beat both the flyers and rangers. Hockey at the end of april, throughout may, and here in June was awesome to have again!!! But now I must face the real world again - I have my wedding in 19 days. Thanks devils for giving me something to stay involved with.

Until next season!!!!

mentalcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

DeBoer deserves a ton of kudos as well for getting this team to buy in and win the players respect as quickly as he did

Some of the key moves made this season by Lou were by Pete's suggestions/influence and he handled things better then most of us could have expected

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
DeBoer deserves a ton of kudos as well for getting this team to buy in and win the players respect as quickly as he did

Some of the key moves made this season by Lou were by Pete's suggestions/influence and he handled things better then most of us could have expected
I think he brought the coaching carousel to an abrupt halt. He'll be here for a while.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:06 AM
DevilsAnimal*

Quote:
I think he brought the coaching carousel to an abrupt halt. He'll be here for a while.
Now we have Every player except Kovy to worry about leaving :B

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:07 AM
GratefulDevil
A long, strange trip

I know I mostly lurk, but I feel compelled to post. I have loved this team since I was 11, and I will continue to love them until the day I die.

Thank you for the amazing playoff run Devils. 2003 had felt like ages ago, and this is one I'll always cherish. Zajac's OT winner, Henrique's double OT winner, 4 straight against Philly in dominating fashion, beating the Rags in OT to win the ECF 18 years after Matteau, and making me truly believe in the impossible during the SCF.

Thank you Devils. October can't come soon enough. PDB rules, and Henrique is star already. What a long, strange trip it's been.

GratefulDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Saving my disgust for this game for the post-game thread because here should be the positives. Keep this thread around, as well cool off I think we will want to get a lot more wordy about this team.

That said so DAMN PROUD of this team. Such a fun spring, that gave us "Henrique...IT'S OVER!!!" which will always be sweet no matter what (much more because I saw it ive )

This was a great team, they defied the odds, defied expectations, and took a good damn piss on NBC's script and I love them for it.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote