HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Can Radulov become a Hab?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2012, 11:53 PM
  #351
Killerguitar101*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Last time I watched a Kings game, Jeff Carter and Mike Richards were backchecking.
Last time I looked on nhl.com, Jeff Carter and Mike Richards had pretty much 0% chance to move to motherland Russia.
Last time I looked on Capgeek, Jeff Carter and Mike Richards weren't really overpaid.
Last time I talked with Flyers fans, they didn't talk about Richards like a guy who took 4 games off on 5 games. Carter, a bit. And he earns less.
Last time I heard about Richards' and Carter's antics, it didn't cost them to be scratched.
Last time I heard about Carter's and Richards' antics, it didn't ruin the team toughness. Guys still stand up for their teamates.
Last time I heard about Dean Lombardi, he didn't want to get rid of Carter and Richards. Poile does want to get rid of Radulov and Kostitsyn.

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:04 AM
  #352
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforcerWeNeed View Post
Last time I watched a Kings game, Jeff Carter and Mike Richards were backchecking.
Last time I looked on nhl.com, Jeff Carter and Mike Richards had pretty much 0% chance to move to motherland Russia.
Last time I looked on Capgeek, Jeff Carter and Mike Richards weren't really overpaid.
Last time I talked with Flyers fans, they didn't talk about Richards like a guy who took 4 games off on 5 games. Carter, a bit. And he earns less.
Last time I heard about Richards' and Carter's antics, it didn't cost them to be scratched.
Last time I heard about Carter's and Richards' antics, it didn't ruin the team toughness. Guys still stand up for their teamates.
Last time I heard about Dean Lombardi, he didn't want to get rid of Carter and Richards. Poile does want to get rid of Radulov and Kostitsyn.


I like how you suddenly stopped quoting me.

We were having an argument about party animal weren't we? Let's continue on that shall we?

No Richards and Carter's antics didn't cost them to be scratch, just kicked off of the city.

Richards who was the captain of his team and Carter being a big part of the young Flyers core, refused to put their name on the board of the Dry Island implemented by the coach to keep his players dry for a month. A captain that shows no dedication and sacrifice for his team. What AK and Radulov did is not even close to what Richards and Carter did.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2011/0...of-dry-island/


So what are you saying? Radulov and AK doesnt care hockey and are cancer of the lockeroom that no team should take because they missed curfew by 1 hour and Richards and Carter are heroes despite refusing to stop drinking for the good of their team?

Double standard at its best.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:11 AM
  #353
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 500
Ask Columbus fans how hard Carter backchecked or if he took games off.

Richards is one thing, but Carter is a great example of a player who puts in work when he feels like it, and the stories of him partying go far past the "dry island" bit. Carter is as selfish as Radulov.

But agreed, he probably won't play in the KHL.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:16 AM
  #354
groovejuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post


I like how you suddenly stopped quoting me.

We were having an argument about party animal weren't we? Let's continue on that shall we?

No Richards and Carter's antics didn't cost them to be scratch, just kicked off of the city.

Richards who was the captain of his team and Carter being a big part of the young Flyers core, refused to put their name on the board of the Dry Island implemented by the coach to keep his players dry for a month. A captain that shows no dedication and sacrifice for his team. What AK and Radulov did is not even close to what Richards and Carter did.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2011/0...of-dry-island/


So what are you saying? Radulov and AK doesnt care hockey and are cancer of the lockeroom that no team should take because they missed curfew by 1 hour and Richards and Carter are heroes despite refusing to stop drinking for the good of their team?

Double standard at its best.
Sorry. Really debateable if 'dry island' was for the good of the team. An adult can't have a beer or two?

Seems Gauthier got a lot of criticism (and well deserved) for his 'no cheese' flights. Same thing as far as I can see.

groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:25 AM
  #355
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Sorry. Really debateable if 'dry island' was for the good of the team. An adult can't have a beer or two?

Seems Gauthier got a lot of criticism (and well deserved) for his 'no cheese' flights. Same thing as far as I can see.
I don't think it was 0 tolerance. Of course they can have a beer or a glass of wine went they eat or whatever. I doubt Richards and Carter didn't signed that because of 1 or 2 beers a day.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:36 AM
  #356
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
I'd be patient and carefully cherry pick talents for building a solid team where players share the same values than desperately acquiring and taking chances with headcases who happen to have skills. You can add those headcases later as rentals once you have a solid enough core that eats and breathes the identity (values) of the team; an identity solid enough that these headcases would not be able to disrupt if ever their bad habits surface.


Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 06-12-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:42 AM
  #357
groovejuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I don't think it was 0 tolerance. Of course they can have a beer or a glass of wine went they eat or whatever. I doubt Richards and Carter didn't signed that because of 1 or 2 beers a day.
What I read is that it was zero alcohol for a month. It wasn't about 'don't party before a game'. It was about control.

What if your employer told you what to do on your off days?

groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:54 AM
  #358
Killerguitar101*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post


I like how you suddenly stopped quoting me.

We were having an argument about party animal weren't we? Let's continue on that shall we?

No Richards and Carter's antics didn't cost them to be scratch, just kicked off of the city.

Richards who was the captain of his team and Carter being a big part of the young Flyers core, refused to put their name on the board of the Dry Island implemented by the coach to keep his players dry for a month. A captain that shows no dedication and sacrifice for his team. What AK and Radulov did is not even close to what Richards and Carter did.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2011/0...of-dry-island/


So what are you saying? Radulov and AK doesnt care hockey and are cancer of the lockeroom that no team should take because they missed curfew by 1 hour and Richards and Carter are heroes despite refusing to stop drinking for the good of their team?

Double standard at its best.
Oh well, here's the main difference: Carter and Richards help their team win hockey games.
Radulov doesn't.
Carter and Richards proved they could be star players in the NHL.
Radulov didn't.
Carter and Richards proved they could win a Stanley Cup, went to the finals with Philly and won with L.A.
Radulov proved he was a loser.
Carter and Richards proved they could play hard.
Radulov proved he was a lazy ****tard.
Carter and Richards were worth a lot: great prospects, great draft picks.
Radulov isn't worth anything if we get him and try to get rid of him like Poile.
Carter and Richards are, at the end of the day, good team players.
Radulov is a donkey.


Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:15 AM
  #359
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforcerWeNeed View Post
Oh well, here's the main difference: Carter and Richards help their team win hockey games.
Radulov doesn't.
Carter and Richards proved they could be star players in the NHL.
Radulov didn't.
Carter and Richards proved they could win a Stanley Cup, went to the finals with Philly and won with L.A.
Radulov proved he was a loser.
Carter and Richards proved they could play hard.
Radulov proved he was a lazy f**ktard.
Carter and Richards were worth a lot: great prospects, great draft picks.
Radulov isn't worth anything if we get him and try to get rid of him like Poile.
Carter and Richards are, at the end of the day, good team players.
Radulov is a donkey.

So I guess it's okay to be party animal after all.

Seriously, I am well aware that Carter and Richards are good players even if they have off-ice issues.

But only because AK and Radulov comes from the other side of the ocean, they are lazy and cancer etc etc.. all the anti-russian clichés. If you did watch the playoffs, you would know that Radulov actually did play well against the Wings. He had one bad game and it was game 2 against Phoenix. AK mostly played as a third liner and managed to score 3 goals in 8 games which is more than acceptable. Radu is the leader in points for his team while AK is tied in 1st in goals. Stop putting all the blames on these two and look at how the whole Preds team played against the Coyotes. They couldn't get anything pass Smith.. except for AK.

So can you please just stop with the Radulov/AK sucks, is a loser, lazy etc etc because he missed curfew. You seem to think that Nashville's elimination is because of 2 guys only. If he's a loser, then so is MaxPac, Price, Subban, Parise, Brodeur, Kovalchuk, Henrique, Lundqvist, OV etc etc...

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:50 AM
  #360
Killerguitar101*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
So I guess it's okay to be party animal after all.

Seriously, I am well aware that Carter and Richards are good players even if they have off-ice issues.

But only because AK and Radulov comes from the other side of the ocean, they are lazy and cancer etc etc.. all the anti-russian clichés. If you did watch the playoffs, you would know that Radulov actually did play well against the Wings. He had one bad game and it was game 2 against Phoenix. AK mostly played as a third liner and managed to score 3 goals in 8 games which is more than acceptable. Radu is the leader in points for his team while AK is tied in 1st in goals. Stop putting all the blames on these two and look at how the whole Preds team played against the Coyotes. They couldn't get anything pass Smith.. except for AK.

So can you please just stop with the Radulov/AK sucks, is a loser, lazy etc etc because he missed curfew. You seem to think that Nashville's elimination is because of 2 guys only. If he's a loser, then so is MaxPac, Price, Subban, Parise, Brodeur, Kovalchuk, Henrique, Lundqvist, OV etc etc...
It's a pretty big accusation. I'm guessing that YOU are filled with prejudices against them who like it tough and old school.

Being a party animal isn't really a problem. The problem is when it affects your game on the ice. Carter and Richards are good players that work hard most nights, Carter may take a night off at times, above all when he was playing in Columbus. When some people talked about trading Plekanec for him, I didn't want.

Predators fans don't like any of Kostitsyn and Radulov.
Flames fans didn't like Rene Bourque.
At the opposite, I have heard way less complains about Richards and Carter coming from Flyers fans.

Poile: “We feel the fit right now is not with Nashville,” Poile said. “He is currently in negotiations in the KHL, but still leaving the window open to a possible return to the NHL. I have reached out to a few teams in the NHL to see whether there is any interest. If there is there’s the possibility we could trade his rights. But that’s where it stands today.”

If Radulov is soooo damn good, why would Poile send him away? Why would the Canadiens take the 'talent' and 'offensive skills' type of bait? We should stop losing our time with Radulov and spend 6 millions on something else. I say Radulov isn't the player that's gonna be part of a Stanley Cup winning team one day. I say Semin won't be part of a Stanley Cup winning team one day. Same thing for Rene Bourque.

Alexander Radulov = Alexei Kovalev. Loads of talent, suck without the puck.
You don't win anything with these players. Oh, sure, you can win a division championship, but just like the Capitals, keep on choking. Because during the playoffs, what really counts, is the heart you put into your game. You say I have tons of prejudices about the Russians, I say I judge individuals by what they bring on the ice. Semin chokes. Kostitsyn used to choke in Montreal. Radulov played with no heart with the Predators and costed a couple of goals. Bourque choked in his only playoff run. Pouliot choked every time he went to the playoffs with Montreal. Grigorenko choked hard with the Remparts and his name doesn't even appear in the top 5 anymore for the upcoming draft. Marleau chokes pretty well also. Heatley always choked during the playoffs.

Talent is nothing during the playoffs when it's not used with loads of heart. And it's not a question of being a Euro.

I feel we can win with big hearted and less talented players like Shane Doan, Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, Max Pacioretty, Erik Cole, Ryane Clowe, all these guys.

I really feel that big hearted players get us to the cup more often than the Kovalevs and the Radulovs of this world. I don't want of a lazy player on my team, let alone if he's paid 6 millions per year.

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:53 AM
  #361
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforcerWeNeed View Post
It's a pretty big accusation. I'm guessing that YOU are filled with prejudices against them who like it tough and old school.

Being a party animal isn't really a problem. The problem is when it affects your game on the ice. Carter and Richards are good players that work hard most nights, Carter may take a night off at times, above all when he was playing in Columbus. When some people talked about trading Plekanec for him, I didn't want.

Predators fans don't like any of Kostitsyn and Radulov.
Flames fans didn't like Rene Bourque.
At the opposite, I have heard way less complains about Richards and Carter coming from Flyers fans.

Poile: “We feel the fit right now is not with Nashville,” Poile said. “He is currently in negotiations in the KHL, but still leaving the window open to a possible return to the NHL. I have reached out to a few teams in the NHL to see whether there is any interest. If there is there’s the possibility we could trade his rights. But that’s where it stands today.”

If Radulov is soooo damn good, why would Poile send him away? Why would the Canadiens take the 'talent' and 'offensive skills' type of bait? We should stop losing our time with Radulov and spend 6 millions on something else. I say Radulov isn't the player that's gonna be part of a Stanley Cup winning team one day. I say Semin won't be part of a Stanley Cup winning team one day. Same thing for Rene Bourque.

Alexander Radulov = Alexei Kovalev. Loads of talent, suck without the puck.
You don't win anything with these players. Oh, sure, you can win a division championship, but just like the Capitals, keep on choking. Because during the playoffs, what really counts, is the heart you put into your game. You say I have tons of prejudices about the Russians, I say I judge individuals by what they bring on the ice. Semin chokes. Kostitsyn used to choke in Montreal. Radulov played with no heart with the Predators and costed a couple of goals. Bourque choked in his only playoff run. Pouliot choked every time he went to the playoffs with Montreal. Grigorenko choked hard with the Remparts and his name doesn't even appear in the top 5 anymore for the upcoming draft. Marleau chokes pretty well also. Heatley always choked during the playoffs.

Talent is nothing during the playoffs when it's not used with loads of heart. And it's not a question of being a Euro.

I feel we can win with big hearted and less talented players like Shane Doan, Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, Max Pacioretty, Erik Cole, Ryane Clowe, all these guys.

I really feel that big hearted players get us to the cup more often than the Kovalevs and the Radulovs of this world. I don't want of a lazy player on my team, let alone if he's paid 6 millions per year.

There something that you don't seem to understand. You keep saying that if Radulov is that good, why Poile is not trying to keep him.

Look at Carter and Richards, they are good players. Richards is one of the best two ways players in the league. Carter is a 40 goals scorer. Why would the Flyers trade them away if they are so good though? Do you see it? Stats wise season or playoffs, Radulov is pretty similar to Carter or Richards. So because Poile has other plans and decides to let Radulov go doesn't mean he sucks, GM has their own plans you know.

Good players get trade or change team for different reasons. What's so hard to understand? Even Wayne Gretzky was traded. Its not because his GM think he sucks.

If you think Radulov sucks so much that he will get no more than 3.5M$, you're clearly out of your mind.

And it's not true that all Preds fan hates Radulov. Some of them actually want him back. Go check on their board yourself.

Here's some quote just to save you some time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I think you've got to sign the guy, even if it takes a 5-7 mil contract.

Yeah, he's not perfect, but hell, Crosby's got a puddin'head. Ovechkin Disappears. Stamkos don't do defense. Who's game in the NHL doesn't have warts (Malkin maybe)? And those guys ain't going to be available.

This is the time to take a calculated risk on a guy who could be a dynamic offensive force in this league. Which we have never had, and there's no one in the pipeline that projects to be one. If it crashes and burns, at least we were swinging for the fences.

Everyone knows that this team is better with Radulov on the team. Even players who might be on the fence about signing/resigning here.

Of course, if the KHL throws monopoly money at the guy, I hope we pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I'd certainly love to get him on a longer contract, but all comes down to the terms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
I know there are going to be emotional responses.

Will be sign in Nashville? Will Poile trade his rights? Will he go back to Russia?

I thought he was great in the regular season and in the Detroit series. Not so much in the series against the Coyotes, but there wasn't much to be happy about in that series. Obviously, the Rads/Kostitsyn fiasco occurred. Would that stop Poile from signing Radulov? He has superstar skill level that is the 1st line, dynamic offensive player the Preds need.

Kostitsyn is as good as gone IMO as a UFA, but I think Radulov will be signed to a 3-4 year deal.

Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
If he's willing to sign a long-term deal, YES you do it provided there is no NTC. Have to protect to the dwindling assets we have.

If a teams wants to give us a good player in return (READ: bonafide scoringline player), I guess it's up to mgmt to decide if Radulov has a future in Nashville.

If Radulov threatens KHL crap, well that just compounds the problem further.

Both Kosisytens' should be gone IMO. They aren't sustainable scoringline wingers on a good team. Maybe SK has some value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I'm on the "sign Rads at all costs" bandwagon, but 4yrs@9mil for an RFA with limited NHL time and a history of character questions? Not happening.

Sidney Crosby is only at 8.7.

What happens after 4 years? 4 more at 18 mil?

I don't see it. I could see a 6@6 or 6@7 though, and would be happy with that.

I don't think, with cap restrictions, we could outbid the KHL though. Nor would that be smart team building either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
It's time that we stop being naive about things like "hometown discounts" and players not being willing\wanting to play elsewhere. When Rads returned, there was a lot of talk about signing him to a 3 year "prove it" contract for the area of 4 million per. That was NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. There's no incentive for him to sign such a contract, not when he could go back to the KHL and make 6 or 7 million per.

Radulov believes(rightly, IMO) that he's a top tier offensive player. Maybe not Malkin, but certainly at the level of a player like Kane, Nash, Getzlaf, etc. The going rate for a player like that is 6-7.5 million. That's likely his fair value. Does that involve rolling the dice that he'll be able to live up to that contract over a full season? Sure, but the Predators aren't in the drivers seat.


Last edited by Stradale: 06-12-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:18 AM
  #362
Killerguitar101*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Look at Carter and Richards, they are good players. Richards is one of the best two ways players in the league. Carter is a 40 goals scorer. Why would the Flyers trade them away if they are so good though? Do you see it? Stats wise season or playoffs, Radulov is pretty similar to Carter or Richards. So because Poile has other plans and decides to let Radulov go doesn't mean he sucks, GM has their own plans you know.

Good players get trade or change team for different reasons. What's so hard to understand? Even Wayne Gretzky was traded. Its not because his GM think he sucks.

If you think Radulov sucks so much that he will get no more than 3.5M$, you're clearly out of your mind.

And it's not true that all Preds fan hates Radulov. Some of them actually want him back. Go check on their board yourself.

Here's some quote just to save you some time:
They traded Carter and Richards before they became too much of room cancers. And they were extremely great trades for the Philadelphia Flyers. As a reminder, they got Simmonds, Couturier, Voracek, not mentionning the draft picks.

I'm pretty sure most Habs fans liked Kovalev too, even if they would have had never win with him.

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:44 AM
  #363
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforcerWeNeed View Post
They traded Carter and Richards before they became too much of room cancers. And they were extremely great trades for the Philadelphia Flyers. As a reminder, they got Simmonds, Couturier, Voracek, not mentionning the draft picks.

I'm pretty sure most Habs fans liked Kovalev too, even if they would have had never win with him.
Unlike many people here I actually dont think the Flyers made a mistake by trading them. My point is that good players CAN be trade. Like Radulov's can be trade but its not because he's a bad player.

For Kovalev, say what you want but he has always brought his A game in the playoffs for us with 21 pts in 22 games. Just sayin'.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:59 AM
  #364
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforcerWeNeed View Post
They traded Carter and Richards before they became too much of room cancers. And they were extremely great trades for the Philadelphia Flyers. As a reminder, they got Simmonds, Couturier, Voracek, not mentionning the draft picks.

I'm pretty sure most Habs fans liked Kovalev too, even if they would have had never win with him.
Stop with the Kovalev comparaison, they're nothing alike as hockey players. Have you even seen Radulov play ?

Man, you can say whatever you want, but you just hate Russians, period. And there's a word for this...

Radulov doesn't have the hands Kovalev has, not even the talent. But he drives the net with authority and shoots from about anywhere on the ice. His game is base on speed and aggressiveness, not on dangling along the boards.

Because he made one bad mistake on a backcheck (that caused an important goal, I admit) and was flamed for it by "journalists" who didn't like him in the first place, he's lazy to you, well, either admit you're discriminating again him based on his place of birth or just ill informed about the player.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:19 AM
  #365
The Price is Right
Registered User
 
The Price is Right's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
The thing with Radulov is that we have Markov who can be his best friend lol

The Price is Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:28 AM
  #366
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
So I guess it's okay to be party animal after all.

Seriously, I am well aware that Carter and Richards are good players even if they have off-ice issues.

But only because AK and Radulov comes from the other side of the ocean, they are lazy and cancer etc etc.. all the anti-russian clichés. If you did watch the playoffs, you would know that Radulov actually did play well against the Wings. He had one bad game and it was game 2 against Phoenix. AK mostly played as a third liner and managed to score 3 goals in 8 games which is more than acceptable. Radu is the leader in points for his team while AK is tied in 1st in goals. Stop putting all the blames on these two and look at how the whole Preds team played against the Coyotes. They couldn't get anything pass Smith.. except for AK.

So can you please just stop with the Radulov/AK sucks, is a loser, lazy etc etc because he missed curfew. You seem to think that Nashville's elimination is because of 2 guys only. If he's a loser, then so is MaxPac, Price, Subban, Parise, Brodeur, Kovalchuk, Henrique, Lundqvist, OV etc etc...
I don't give a damn what they did in Nashville. We saw Akost for several years and quite frankly he doesn't give the effort that is required to succeed consistently. Was he the only one? Definitely not but he certainly was not a hard working player ALL the time. There have been games in this playoffs where I saw Carter play like its life or death. Richards is a given, he always plays like that. Have we ever seen Akost play like this? Never, not even one game. Huge difference between not being lazy and playing hard

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:36 AM
  #367
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforcerWeNeed View Post
They traded Carter and Richards before they became too much of room cancers. And they were extremely great trades for the Philadelphia Flyers. As a reminder, they got Simmonds, Couturier, Voracek, not mentionning the draft picks.

I'm pretty sure most Habs fans liked Kovalev too, even if they would have had never win with him.
He (and Koivu) demolished the Bruins in 2004.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:38 AM
  #368
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
He (and Koivu) demolished the Bruins in 2004.
Steve Begin demolished the Bruins by taking out Nylander

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:03 AM
  #369
Killerguitar101*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Stop with the Kovalev comparaison, they're nothing alike as hockey players. Have you even seen Radulov play ?

Man, you can say whatever you want, but you just hate Russians, period. And there's a word for this...

Radulov doesn't have the hands Kovalev has, not even the talent. But he drives the net with authority and shoots from about anywhere on the ice. His game is base on speed and aggressiveness, not on dangling along the boards.

Because he made one bad mistake on a backcheck (that caused an important goal, I admit) and was flamed for it by "journalists" who didn't like him in the first place, he's lazy to you, well, either admit you're discriminating again him based on his place of birth or just ill informed about the player.
Now I hate the Russians.

And if I don't vote support Obama, it's probably because I hate blacks huh?

The season is long, and there are many players that are going to bring overally more than Alexander Radulov to the team. Guy can put up 65-70pts? It's not worth 6.5 millions if the team gives up 20 goals because he floats instead of backchecking.

Continue the tanking or keep the 6 millions for more important. I don't want to see another Mike Cammalleri.

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:09 AM
  #370
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
Right now, our third line looks like :

Eller - Geoffrion - Darche

Should be good for 20 goals...

It could be :

Eller - AK - Radulov

Should be good for a bit more than 20 goals...

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:11 AM
  #371
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Man I hope Montreal stays away from that guy. Nashville, in dire need of offense, wants to get rid of him. Should be a huge red flag right there. Imagine him with the Montreal nightlife... Ouch! Might has well bring Patrick Kane with him to!
After your 8000 whining posts about Kovalev and AK, you could have a new whipping boy if Radulov signed here. He's Russian and skilled. The perfect target!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:20 AM
  #372
Killerguitar101*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
He's Russian and skilled. The perfect target!
And lazy and overpaid, and an individualistic dick.

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:27 PM
  #373
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,386
vCash: 500
I don't think Radulov is as "squeaky clean" as certain posters would tell you, he is also not as big a character risk as others would point out.

I think he would be a challenge for a coach, but he is a pretty driven guy that wants to be a star. If we can't get Parise, Doan, Smyth or Semin, I would look into Radulov in terms of cost($$$ and assets to get his rights). I think he would show up motivated to prove some people wrong plus he can bring a big impact in terms of scoring depth. He would add 60-70 points and probably increase Plekanec's numbers by 15-20 points.

For his rights...I'd be willing to trade a 2nd next year(we have three) plus maybe throw in a B prospect(Dietz Didier Pateryn etc)

...that would be conditional on him signing for 3-4 years at 5-5.5/year.


However, I think you'll see 1st rounders getting offered for his rights, lots of team looking for 1st line calibre skill and not a ton of those players available.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:33 PM
  #374
GinoCyber*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Right now, our third line looks like :

Eller - Geoffrion - Darche

Should be good for 20 goals...

It could be :

Eller - AK - Radulov

Should be good for a bit more than 20 goals...
Yes but the +/- stat would be a lot better with Eller - Geoffrion - Darche

GinoCyber* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:44 PM
  #375
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Right now, our third line looks like :

Eller - Geoffrion - Darche

Should be good for 20 goals...

It could be :

Eller - AK - Radulov

Should be good for a bit more than 20 goals...
if you add a top 6 winger, which we should, Bourque would be a nice fit on the 3rd line. Plus I would add another cheap UFA veteran like Stoll, Stempniak Samuelsson Ponikarovsky Ak or Langebrunner.

If we were to get Radulov, no way he would be on the 3rd line with Eller, he'd be with Plekanec or Desharanis plus ??

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.