HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup Final Game #6 - NJD at LAK, postmortem edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2012, 12:53 AM
SLang

vCash: 500
Guys, I know it's tough tonight, but I wanted to drop by and say how impressed I was with your team and fans throughout this series. The Devils are a class organization and deserved 100% to be there. They gave our Kings all they could handle and more. We Kings fans who have been around a while know how easily the Devils could have taken games 1 and 2, and had they, the Devils would have hoisted the Cup.

Like I said, I know it's tough, but congrats on a great year and I hope you have a deep run next year as well.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:56 AM
battlingBard56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Racicot got what he deserved then. I don't like seeing injuries, but that's what you get. It's like putting your hand inside on oven. I had no sympathy for him at all. Though he does have some nerve to sacrifice himself like that.
Not going to lie, I wasn't exactly going "Ooooh that's gotta hurt" when he was bloodied up. More like "We rep what we sow ***face".

Old
06-12-2012, 12:57 AM
battlingBard56

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Guys, I know it's tough tonight, but I wanted to drop by and say how impressed I was with your team and fans throughout this series. The Devils are a class organization and deserved 100% to be there. They gave our Kings all they could handle and more. We Kings fans who have been around a while know how easily the Devils could have taken games 1 and 2, and had they, the Devils would have hoisted the Cup.

Like I said, I know it's tough, but congrats on a great year and I hope you have a deep run next year as well.
Thanks. Congrats on the Cup win. Enjoy it.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:58 AM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

game 6...

missed call on gio boarded at bench area...

"10:10 New Jersey game misconduct - 10 min S. Bernier drawn by R. Scuderi" ...

wow. the end of the season right there.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Tundra

Quote:

No problem. Just keep away the bandwagoners who have been attacking our organization for the last 2 weeks.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Old
06-12-2012, 01:05 AM
kiwidevil

Quote:

Thanks mate. Classy post.

Congrats.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Status Quo*

vCash: 50
You know what? This may be what this team needs going forward. Give them a little taste. This will be motivation to want to be better and actually win the Stanley Cup. I think this team can do it. I see no reason why not (barring something ridiculous).

Old
06-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollvalchuk17 View Post
You know what? This may be what this team needs going forward. Give them a little taste. This will be motivation to want to be better and actually win the Stanley Cup. I think this team can do it. I see no reason why not (barring something ridiculous).
I can see that for the younger guys, for Pete definitely as a coach. It is really Marty that makes this hurt the most. Greedy as hell to say because the guy has done pretty much everything, but just wanted him to get that 4th one, get his smythe and tell the Roy homers to go **** themselves.

Still the best to me, but who knows...maybe next year

Old
06-12-2012, 01:10 AM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
And the PK went to hell in the playoffs too. 3/4 rounds they were a negative influence for the team. That really can't happen. If the PP sucks it's one thing, but PK failure leads to goals against.

Just 1 more goal over Game 1 or 2 and we might be celebrating tonight. Funny how the bounces work.
Well if our top 6 managed to score more than 1+1/2 goals in the Finals, that would have been nice. Kovy excluded. Man was our top scorer without a leg, for crying out loud.
I hate to even think about poor Bernier. Cause without him, 4th line and SalvadOrr - we would have been gone long time ago ...

Old
06-12-2012, 01:13 AM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
I can see that for the younger guys, for Pete definitely as a coach. It is really Marty that makes this hurt the most. Greedy as hell to say because the guy has done pretty much everything, but just wanted him to get that 4th one, get his smythe and tell the Roy homers to go **** themselves.

Still the best to me, but who knows...maybe next year
This.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:17 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Two rule changes I've wanted for years now, and you can look up my post history if you don't believe me:

1.) The Blood Standard - If you look at the rule book it says absolutely NOTHING about blood when diagnosing the severity of penalties. It simply says 'injury.' You can two-hand a guy with your stick and break his arm and only get two minutes, while barely nicking someone will net you a double minor. Some place on your face the skin is very thin, you don't even need a sharp object to draw blood if you rub it the right way.

The double minor for high sticking stood out to me. It really hurt our chances at getting back into this.

2.) Contact With Officials - If an on-ice official makes contact with the puck OR a player, the play should be whistled dead immediately. Period. Face-off at center ice. Officials are supposed to be like phantoms on the ice, if one of them is too slow or too stupid then they cause actions that result in game-changing bounces that are impossible to anticipate. They're supposed to be neutral, but when a puck bounces off one of their skates and leads to a prime scoring chance, that's anything but neutral, no matter if they meant to touch it or not.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Nova Scotia Islander

I thought there was a rule if a ref got in the way and caused a goal it was to be waved off or it might just be if the puck hits him... On another note i have seen them blow a play dead before when ref gets hit with a puck in the leg. This guy got run over and split open. If a player gets cut he is not allowed back on the ice until bleeding has stopped had to change jersey right away. This guy gets up bleeding all over the place they wait for LA to score and then goes to the LA bench to clean up. Then waves off the back up lineman until the period is over then takes the night off.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

I don't feel good at all. It's kinda like chills, and the lethargic feeling you get when you're getting sick. Only I don't feel any nasal congestion, a cough or anything. I'm taking this loss better than that so I don't know what it is. Hoping when I wake up it's better cause I feel like I have no strength.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:30 AM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
No problem. Just keep away the bandwagoners who have been attacking our organization for the last 2 weeks.
Don't worry, they're already deserting.....tickets today were WAY cheaper on stubhub today for game 6 than they were for game 4. You guys trolled them all in game 4 then the suckers were too scared of a loss in 6 to make the investment.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:36 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

The conspiracy talk is ridiculous.

Yeah, there were missed penalties that resulted in that 5 minute major being called, but that hit was indeed a penalty. Whether it should've been called a major or not I'm not going to argue, but in almost any circumstance that hit results in a penalty. It sure is incompetence that they missed those other calls, but that's been happening all season, and all playoffs. And the refs didn't "hand the kings 3 goals." The blame for that lies squarely on the devils PK. To allow 3 goals in 5 minutes power play time is absolutely ridiculous. I don't know what the record is for most goals scored on a single 5 minute power play, but I wouldn't be surprised if tonight set or tied the record for that.

And the linesman.. yeah, I'll agree that's one of the most incompetent things I've ever seen an official do, but let's look at the facts here. The devils were ALREADY DOWN 3 - 0 when that happened. Do you really think the linesman decided he's going to get steamrolled by a defenseman to take him out of the play to help the kings get a scoring chance they don't need? At that point in the game the kings were probably already a 99% favorite to win.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:39 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post

Yeah, there were missed penalties that resulted in that 5 minute major being called, but that hit was indeed a penalty. Whether it should've been called a major or not I'm not going to argue, but in almost any circumstance that hit results in a penalty. It sure is incompetence that they missed those other calls, but that's been happening all season, and all playoffs. And the refs didn't "hand the kings 3 goals." The blame for that lies squarely on the devils PK. To allow 3 goals in 5 minutes power play time is absolutely ridiculous. I don't know what the record is for most goals scored on a single 5 minute power play, but I wouldn't be surprised if tonight set or tied the record for that.

And the linesman.. yeah, I'll agree that's one of the most incompetent things I've ever seen an official do, but let's look at the facts here. The devils were ALREADY DOWN 3 - 0 when that happened. Do you really think the linesman decided he's going to get steamrolled by a defenseman to take him out of the play to help the kings get a scoring chance they don't need? At that point in the game the kings were probably already a 99% favorite to win.
Coming from a fanbase who claimed conspiracies almost every game they lost this year, that's hilarious.

Hell, your ******* head coach thinks the NHL conspired against the Rangers.

But thanks, hopefully you guys used your extra few weeks of golf to an advantage.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:40 AM
Fayne Staley
NJ Senior Citizens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Coming from a fanbase who claimed conspiracies almost every game they lost this year, that's hilarious.

But thanks, hopefully you guys used your extra few weeks of golf to an advantage.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:41 AM
battlingBard56

I wouldn't even respond. Aside from this anyway

Old
06-12-2012, 01:42 AM
battlingBard56

Quote:

Agreed

Old
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:

A 40 year old "fat washed up" Brodeur stared down lundchokeswisspads and straight up beat him. Let it sink in. Dude has no vezinas and no cups. It must burn.

Old
kiwidevil

I will say it again.

Henrique!!!!!!!!! It's over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
06-12-2012, 01:43 AM
BleedBlue42

Quote:

The NHL is a business, and a corrupt one at that. Don't be surprised about the presence of backdoor strings. I refused to genuinely congratulate King's fans on this accomplishment. Not only are the majority of them on this forum arrogant, but they wouldn't do the same thing towards us if we won. **** them. There is no value in winning the stanley cup with the Refs at your side. There were WAY too many questionable calls in FAVOR of the Kings all playoffs long. For humanity's sake, I hope we all wake up tomorrow and realize that this was all just a horrible, horrible dream.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:

Yeah, and I called all the rangers conspiracy theories ridiculous too.

Just because a bunch of idiots in a fanbase think there's a conspiracy doesn't mean all the fans believe that crap.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:47 AM
paulytits

Quote:
Yeah, and I called all the rangers conspiracy theories ridiculous too.

Just because a bunch of idiots in a fanbase think there's a conspiracy doesn't mean all the fans believe that crap.
pretty big bunch of idiots*

Closed Thread