HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

OT: 45th Obsequious Banter Thread - Jody Shelley is truly a Superstar..

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Talk to her, and nicely say you want to move on.

If nice doesn't work call her a ****ing psycho ass ***** from hell, and that her ****ing crazy side can go **** her less ****ed up side.. cause you're pretty sure she has at least 2 people roaming around in that ****ed up head of her's anyway.

Old
06-06-2012, 08:04 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Incidentally, my condolences to you on the death of your grandmother.

Old
06-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

I feel like there's something wrong with me..

Everyone there was all sad and crying the whole time as I didn't feel sad at all.. She was like 78.. She lived a long life..

Old
06-06-2012, 09:04 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:

Everyone there was all sad and crying the whole time as I didn't feel sad at all.. She was like 78.. She lived a long life..
My grandmother actually turns 90 this month...

Old
06-06-2012, 09:07 PM
BernieParent

My grandmother passed away at 96, and had been hoping to die for a few years beforehand. She was starting to lose her sight and had had a few near-misses. Plus she maintained that she knew where she was going after death and was actually eager.

She had a blockage surgically removed from her intestine at 94; when she woke up and saw my mother standing next to her bed, the first thing she said was, "Oh no."

Old
06-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
My grandmother passed away at 96, and had been hoping to die for a few years beforehand. She was starting to lose her sight and had had a few near-misses. Plus she maintained that she knew where she was going after death and was actually eager.

She had a blockage surgically removed from her intestine at 94; when she woke up and saw my mother standing next to her bed, the first thing she said was, "Oh no."
Haha, wow.

My grandmother died two years ago. She had been living alone for 25 years, and loved being independent. She had always managed just fine on her own, too. She got sick and weakened very quickly; when my mom and her siblings took the car from her, she was VERY displeased. For years she had told them "If you try to put me in a home, I wont make it there. I'll just die! That would be better than the home."

Finally, my mom and aunt got her to sign the contract to move into a nursing home. That night she died. My mom called me the next day and told me the news...there was sort of an awkward silence, because I wasn't sure if I should say it so soon after...but then my mom did. "Well...she always told us she would die if we tried that." She was apparently quite serious.

06-06-2012, 10:17 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Haha, wow.

My grandmother died two years ago. She had been living alone for 25 years, and loved being independent. She had always managed just fine on her own, too. She got sick and weakened very quickly; when my mom and her siblings took the car from her, she was VERY displeased. For years she had told them "If you try to put me in a home, I wont make it there. I'll just die! That would be better than the home."

Finally, my mom and aunt got her to sign the contract to move into a nursing home. That night she died. My mom called me the next day and told me the news...there was sort of an awkward silence, because I wasn't sure if I should say it so soon after...but then my mom did. "Well...she always told us she would die if we tried that." She was apparently quite serious.
You've got to respect someone who makes good on their word. Wait ... it wasn't a coke-fueled joyride shootout with a SWAT team, was it?

My grandmother was great for unintentionally laugh-out-loud quotes. Earlier on, one of my aunts (a retired nurse) was checking her blood pressure, as she had chronic low BP. We asked my aunt what the reading is: it's 20 over 0. My grandmother pipes up: "This thing says I'm dead. [PREGNANT PAUSE] But I'm not!"

Old
06-06-2012, 10:54 PM
BernieParent

Happy D-Day to you all (5 minutes before it's over)!

Old
06-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Well I think that nice should always work. If you're really nice about it and straight forward then people should be somewhat understanding...If not then you have to take drastic measures, and make them hate you.

Quote:

Sorry about that dude. Honestly I barely ever feel sad at funerals. It's usually sometime after when I'm by myself that it hits me. Funerals are so public that it's kind of surreal to me.

You'll see something randomly that reminds you of something about her, and then you'll get sad. Which will confirm that you are actually human.

Quote:
You've got to respect someone who makes good on their word. Wait ... it wasn't a coke-fueled joyride shootout with a SWAT team, was it?

My grandmother was great for unintentionally laugh-out-loud quotes. Earlier on, one of my aunts (a retired nurse) was checking her blood pressure, as she had chronic low BP. We asked my aunt what the reading is: it's 20 over 0. My grandmother pipes up: "This thing says I'm dead. [PREGNANT PAUSE] But I'm not!"
Hahaha awesome.

I enjoyed when the doorbell would ring on a TV show and my grandmom would go to our door, answer it, and then course at the damn kids who rang it and ran away....she'd also do this for the phone. "Those sons of *****es" was here favorite line for when this happened.

Old
06-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Line for the viewing was down the street and around the corner and was about 4 people wide.. Tons of people..

The funeral was ok.. a lot of sad people and such

The luncheon afterwards was pretty nice.. 2 dollars beers and the bartender wasnt checking id... had about 6 or 7 between 11:30 and 1.. god times

Old
06-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/episode...exual-assault/

So a few things..

1. What guy would purposely poke holes in a condom to get his gf pregnant?

2. That is a sexual assault, should it be sexual assault if a girl lies to a guy about taking birth control?

Old
06-08-2012, 06:04 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Shane (Flyersfan9180), I parked your NHL torrents account to prevent you from getting deleted

I'll disable it when you get back from vegas and figure out torrents

Old
06-08-2012, 11:02 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

So did anyone see Prometheus?

Old
06-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Euro 2012. Woo!

Old
06-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Anyone know if there's a way to measure the decibels you are listening to music at?

I feel like if i get headaches after 20-30 mins of music, i am listening to it too loud

Old
06-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Bath salts.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Anyone know if there's a way to measure the decibels you are listening to music at?

I feel like if i get headaches after 20-30 mins of music, i am listening to it too loud
I think there is an iPhone app that a subwoofer manufacturer sells that can give you a rough guess. I think it's made by JL Audio, but I'm not sure. I wouldn't trust it for anything other than a rough guess though.

If you wanted to get a really good idea you could get a decent mike and send it to your soundcard in your laptop and use a free program called TrueRTA too see it. That program is mostly used by car audio professionals to tune systems to sound their best, so it can take a TON of other really useful measurements regarding your sound system. Once I finish the sound system in me Jeep I'm thinking about getting a signal processor and using that program (and a signal processor) to time align all the speakers and get feedback to help tune my equalizer perfectly.

Old
06-09-2012, 02:36 PM
TheLegendkiller

So one of my friends got (lightly) mugged last night. But it was kind of his fault. There's absolutely no reason to talk to shady dudes selling weed on the corner. Even if you're just being friendly. I'm from a city I know this. He's from Indianna. He was like "oh but I use to talk to people on the street all the time at Purdue after the bars" Yeah so did I at Penn State but this is not ****ing Purdue or Penn State...this is ****ing Chicago with sketchy ass people. He's lucky they only got his phone before me and my other friend saw and ran over. Six dudes. One had him in a headlock while the rest went through his pockets. ****ing lucky he didn't get beat the **** up or stabbed.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Shane (Flyersfan9180), I parked your NHL torrents account to prevent you from getting deleted

I'll disable it when you get back from vegas and figure out torrents
Thanks man I on my way back from Vegas now and will probably get a run through on it on Monday. I appreciate it.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:01 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Bath salts.
"She was right up on top of that sweet rehabilitation nurse, man. It was horrible! She kept eating her face, one mouthful at a time. Luckily her dentures popped out so all she could do was gum her forehead or that chick woulda been done for!"

Old
06-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Bluepee

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/penguins-ex...125137476.html

they are so innocent looking....

Old
06-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Sounds like my sexlife

Old
06-11-2012, 11:09 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Bath salts.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:15 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:

There's a difference between being sad and crying. Everyone grieves in their own way, so don't start questioning how you react compared to other people. For six months I watched my grandfather wither away and eventually die of cancer, and the only time I cried was when I was by his bedside holding his hand and it was obvious that while he was still breathing, he wasn't going to wake up again. I said something along the lines of, "Grandpa, I'm here," to which he responded by squeezing my hand with whatever morsel of strength he had remaining. It was at that moment that the reality of the situation truly hit me. Even then, I cried for only maybe 5-10 minutes or so. The next day, I was there along with six other family members and his personal doctor when he finally stopped breathing, and I was the only one who didn't cry. I also didn't cry at the funeral. I thought there might be something wrong with me emotionally, but then I realized that not crying didn't marginalize how I felt about my grandfather or somehow deemphasized how much I loved him. I think a lot of my disposition had to do with the fact that I had been mentally preparing myself for his death for months before it finally happened, and that I chose to celebrate his life and all his accomplishments -- he survived the Holocaust as a teenager, received a PhD in physics from the Sorbonne in Paris despite not speaking French when he first arrived, went on to become a renowned inventor with a ridiculous 77 patents to his name, and was an entrepreneur who started his own company and built it into a multi-billion dollar worldwide corporation -- instead of focusing on the sadness that accompanied his passing. Now I'm just hoping that one of my kids is lucky enough to inherit his brain.

Last edited by Amateur Hour: 06-12-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old
06-12-2012, 03:07 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Your Grandpa was pretty baller. Damn.

Closed Thread