Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Moncton Wildcats

Old
06-09-2012, 08:21 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou View Post
So your expecting Ross Johnson to make the Cats this year? Just making sure its the right guy.
He stuck with the team after Christmas last season. Looked very good as a 17-year old rookie. Hard worker, big,physical.. He definately has a spot ..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 08:23 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
Sorry to keep highjacking this thread to champion my favourite "Euros", but I did find this link today (apologies if you have seen it already)
http://allhockey.ru/news/125156/

Translated, via Googles "translator", it appears to read
".. Valeri Nichushkin - the leader and captain of the Russian 1995, to sign a contract with one of the OHL club (I take it they mean CHL) and will make his way into the National Hockey League through the junior league..."
Thanks for the link, I had a really hard time finding it and gave up lol ...

Old
06-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Dogpound

Anyone think Lindon Beckwith will make the team as a fourth line/pk guy???

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:29 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersboss View Post
Anyone think Lindon Beckwith will make the team as a fourth line/pk guy???
I think it will be tough. Although I did like him in the few games he was called up , Moncton have a ton on bottom 6 forwards. He even scored a goal in 4 games played. You never know though, if he comes in and has a strong training camp anything can happen. Danny Flynn usually carries a couple extra players out of training camp so he might see some time.. I say he will be an affiliate player, being in Moncton , during the 2012-13 season.

Last edited by WildcatMapleLeafs28: 06-10-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old
06-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Q7scout

Just heard the whole moncton scouting staff got let go today. Anyone else hear this?

I guess they must not be happy with their picks.

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Raimu

Willy Palov tweeted that a lot of the ex-Lewiston scouting staff is replacing them.

Raimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 07:08 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q7scout View Post
Just heard the whole moncton scouting staff got let go today. Anyone else hear this?

I guess they must not be happy with their picks.
WTF ???? Where can I apply ?????

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 07:34 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

It is true. Moncton fired the entire scouting staff. They replaced Nevin with Shannon (former Lewiston head scout). Lewistons scouting staff will follow him to Moncton. That was the only way he would come on board , if the ENTIRE staff was let go. I think it a much needed change. I like that Shannon is starting with a clean slate as well..

Old
06-11-2012, 07:40 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

On another note , I talked to a few people to get info on Valeri Nichsukin. They said he is a Grigorenko , but bigger. Overall he is going to be better than Grigorenko according to them . They believe he can jump in next season and put up around the same kind of numbers (85pts) as a rookie. He is much more well rounded and is compared to a Malkin-Lite. Sounds like the real deal... and with him publicaly stating he is going to play in NA , in the CHL next season, very good news for Moncton.. Of course he isnt picked yet but I would put money that Flynn was targeting him when he acquired that #1 overall. High risk but very high reward ,IMO

Old
06-11-2012, 07:48 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I was serious where can apply ?

Old
06-11-2012, 07:54 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Moncton stats for the first 8 drafted players.

Gagne- Gagné played with the Northern Selects of the Quebec Midget Espoir league. He had 24 goals and 13 assists for 37 points in 29 games. He also had 90 PIMs. Gabriel wasn't recorded for playing any playoff games.

McCabe- McCabe played for the Charlottetown Islanders in the NB/PEI Major Midget league. McCabe had 4 goals and 11 assists for 15 points in 31 games. He picked up 117 PIMs. In 6 playoff games he had an assist and 20 PIMs.

Pugsley- Pugsley had a great season for Weeks Major Midgets. He had 22 goals and 40 assists in 33 games to lead the league in scoring with 62 points. He had 40 PIMs. In the playoffs he had 13 points in 9 games.

Johnson- Johnson is a local boy who played for the Moncton Flyers. He had 26 goals and 19 assists for 45 points in **
34 games. He added 50 PIMs as well. In the playoffs where his team won, he had 16 points in 9 games. In the Telus Cup, Johnson had 8 points in 5 games.

Hynes- Hynes played this season in Ontario for a minor midget team called the Toronto Red Wings. I could not find any stats for Liam this season, however he had 36 points in 29 games last year as an underager for St Johns in the Newfoundland Major Midget League. He played in the Telus Cup too.

Mann- Mann played for South Shore Mustangs in the NS Major league. He had 11 points in 24 games, Mann had 24 PIMs. In the playoffs he had an assist in 3 games along with 2 PIMs

Beaudoin- Beaudoin had 50 points in the Midget Espoir league for Milles-Îles and He had 36 PIMs in 26 games. Zachary played 5 playoff games and had 13 points and had another 10 PIMs.

Proulx- I actually couldn't find any stats for Julien but he played for the Quebec Cyclones and is 6-4 so he most likely plays physical.

Garland- Garland played for the Boston Jr. Bruins and was also drafted into the USHL this year. He had 83 points and 41 PIMs in just 36 games. The only downset is that he is 5-5 140.

Gray- Gray played for the Vitos of the NB/PEI league this year. Matthew had 25 points and 24 PIMS in 30 games this year. In the playoffs, he had 2 points and 2 PIMS where Saint John got swept by Moncton in 4 games.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 09:47 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
Moncton stats for the first 8 drafted players.

Gagne- Gagné played with the Northern Selects of the Quebec Midget Espoir league. He had 24 goals and 13 assists for 37 points in 29 games. He also had 90 PIMs. Gabriel wasn't recorded for playing any playoff games.

McCabe- McCabe played for the Charlottetown Islanders in the NB/PEI Major Midget league. McCabe had 4 goals and 11 assists for 15 points in 31 games. He picked up 117 PIMs. In 6 playoff games he had an assist and 20 PIMs.

Pugsley- Pugsley had a great season for Weeks Major Midgets. He had 22 goals and 40 assists in 33 games to lead the league in scoring with 62 points. He had 40 PIMs. In the playoffs he had 13 points in 9 games.

Johnson- Johnson is a local boy who played for the Moncton Flyers. He had 26 goals and 19 assists for 45 points in **
34 games. He added 50 PIMs as well. In the playoffs where his team won, he had 16 points in 9 games. In the Telus Cup, Johnson had 8 points in 5 games.

Hynes- Hynes played this season in Ontario for a minor midget team called the Toronto Red Wings. I could not find any stats for Liam this season, however he had 36 points in 29 games last year as an underager for St Johns in the Newfoundland Major Midget League. He played in the Telus Cup too.

Mann- Mann played for South Shore Mustangs in the NS Major league. He had 11 points in 24 games, Mann had 24 PIMs. In the playoffs he had an assist in 3 games along with 2 PIMs

Beaudoin- Beaudoin had 50 points in the Midget Espoir league for Milles-Îles and He had 36 PIMs in 26 games. Zachary played 5 playoff games and had 13 points and had another 10 PIMs.

Proulx- I actually couldn't find any stats for Julien but he played for the Quebec Cyclones and is 6-4 so he most likely plays physical.

Garland- Garland played for the Boston Jr. Bruins and was also drafted into the USHL this year. He had 83 points and 41 PIMs in just 36 games. The only downset is that he is 5-5 140.

Gray- Gray played for the Vitos of the NB/PEI league this year. Matthew had 25 points and 24 PIMS in 30 games this year. In the playoffs, he had 2 points and 2 PIMS where Saint John got swept by Moncton in 4 games.
Thanks alot for the info. Much appreciated..

Old
06-11-2012, 09:54 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

I also heard from a few that Anthony Florentino is a very solid all around player. Hes listed at 6 foot 1 , 205lbs and is from MA. Hes a projected 2nd round pick in the NHL. I dont know the odds of him reporting but sounds like he could be a real decent player for us down the road. In the 13th round , Moncton took Jean-Phillipe Provencher. Hes listed a 6 foot 6 .5 , 237lbs and other prospects site has him at 6 foot 8 .. The guy is definately a monster and only 16 years old. Anyone know if hes a tough guy ..I like the Mark Simpson pick in the 9th round as well..

Old
06-11-2012, 10:10 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I also heard from a few that Anthony Florentino is a very solid all around player. Hes listed at 6 foot 1 , 205lbs and is from MA. Hes a projected 2nd round pick in the NHL. I dont know the odds of him reporting but sounds like he could be a real decent player for us down the road. In the 13th round , Moncton took Jean-Phillipe Provencher. Hes listed a 6 foot 6 .5 , 237lbs and other prospects site has him at 6 foot 8 .. The guy is definately a monster and only 16 years old. Anyone know if hes a tough guy ..I like the Mark Simpson pick in the 9th round as well..
I love the Simpson pick too. I dont know if Provencher is a tough guy or not but I would imagine he can't skate or he would've went much higher just because of his size. But a tough guy Moncton did draft was McCabe, he is a big, strong, nasty in your face defenceman. He reminds of Sawyer Hannay a little bit. I also see a bit of Dion Phaneuf with his open ice hits. Hes probably close to 6-4 or even 6-5 now. Back on Provencher, i would imagine as soon as he gets to camp they will have him fighting some of the tougher guys like Johnston, ad Trask just to see whats up with him.

Old
06-11-2012, 10:21 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
I love the Simpson pick too. I dont know if Provencher is a tough guy or not but I would imagine he can't skate or he would've went much higher just because of his size. But a tough guy Moncton did draft was McCabe, he is a big, strong, nasty in your face defenceman. He reminds of Sawyer Hannay a little bit. I also see a bit of Dion Phaneuf with his open ice hits. Hes probably close to 6-4 or even 6-5 now. Back on Provencher, i would imagine as soon as he gets to camp they will have him fighting some of the tougher guys like Johnston, ad Trask just to see whats up with him.
Ya , many Moncton fans were disappointed but the way I look at it is that drafting local guys means youve watched them tons compared to Espoir or Queebec AAA kids. Obviously ,regardless of their scouting, Flynn has seen them lots and knows what hes getting with these guys.Only time can tell with a draft ,when teams go off the charts theres usually a reason. I like the McCabe pick too but havnt seen him play at all to be honest. Im just going by what everyone says and he seems like a solid pick. As far as Provencher goes , he was playing AAA and being chosen that late in the draft hes a low-risk gamble. Be nice to see him in a couple of years as a #5, #6 guy that can thrown em. They didnt really have an enforcer this year at all. I for one believe in old time hockey. Momemtum is a hug factor in games if used right and theres nothing that can swing momentum more than a good fight. Overall , I beleive they did well at the draft. They added a nice mix. If either American reported is a bonues. That Garland guy played of the same team at Eichel , the guy who Hallifax took #15 . He put up good numbers , like you said its his size that may be an issue but he is young and might be 5 foot 10 by training camp. You just never know. Do you know anything about the Americans reporting to Moncton..

Old
06-12-2012, 05:57 AM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Ya , many Moncton fans were disappointed but the way I look at it is that drafting local guys means youve watched them tons compared to Espoir or Queebec AAA kids. Obviously ,regardless of their scouting, Flynn has seen them lots and knows what hes getting with these guys.Only time can tell with a draft ,when teams go off the charts theres usually a reason. I like the McCabe pick too but havnt seen him play at all to be honest. Im just going by what everyone says and he seems like a solid pick. As far as Provencher goes , he was playing AAA and being chosen that late in the draft hes a low-risk gamble. Be nice to see him in a couple of years as a #5, #6 guy that can thrown em. They didnt really have an enforcer this year at all. I for one believe in old time hockey. Momemtum is a hug factor in games if used right and theres nothing that can swing momentum more than a good fight. Overall , I beleive they did well at the draft. They added a nice mix. If either American reported is a bonues. That Garland guy played of the same team at Eichel , the guy who Hallifax took #15 . He put up good numbers , like you said its his size that may be an issue but he is young and might be 5 foot 10 by training camp. You just never know. Do you know anything about the Americans reporting to Moncton..
I think that Garland might report. I think he was drafted in the 6th round, and most teams waited until the end to draft americans. He will probably wait one or two years to show up just to keep his options opened. If he grows he could very certainly be the steal of the draft.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Q7scout

Quote:
I think that Garland might report. I think he was drafted in the 6th round, and most teams waited until the end to draft americans. He will probably wait one or two years to show up just to keep his options opened. If he grows he could very certainly be the steal of the draft.
I wouldn't expect him to grow much...his Dad is only 5'7 as well.

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Little Black
@LittleBlack87

Quote:
And they basically have a 19 -man protected list because Shawinigan will protect Veilleux , Dubeau and Racine and then trade them to Moncton at the QMJHL draft..
I wish Veilleux, Dubeau and Racine good success with the Wildcats. I think the fans will love the three of them for sure!

Little Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:51 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q7scout View Post
I wouldn't expect him to grow much...his Dad is only 5'7 as well.
My father is 5 foot 9 and Im 6 foot 2 .. Lol but I know what you mean

Old
06-12-2012, 09:53 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Black View Post
I wish Veilleux, Dubeau and Racine good success with the Wildcats. I think the fans will love the three of them for sure!

We hope theres some success coming our way too.. Glad everything worked out for you guys with Gormley..

Old
06-12-2012, 09:13 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
We hope theres some success coming our way too.. Glad everything worked out for you guys with Gormley..
MAJOR IF, Matheson would landslide, the deal if he reported despite Shawi have won the Mem cup.... However it's 95% not happening, and that comes from a reliable source.

Old
06-13-2012, 03:11 PM
welcometothebigshow2

If anyone is wondering, Nevin and Flynn give their insight about this year's draft. Nevin was obviously interviewed at the draft. Alot is about Gagne!
http://www.moncton-wildcats.com/arti...gne-top-choice

Old
06-13-2012, 04:15 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
MAJOR IF, Matheson would landslide, the deal if he reported despite Shawi have won the Mem cup.... However it's 95% not happening, and that comes from a reliable source.
My post has nothing whatsoever to do with Matheson. We all know the odds are stacked against him coming, this isnt new news as it has been posted about 100 times already. I dont know who your connections are , lol , but I would say youre right... Matheson is a pretty reliable source in regards to the matter

Old
06-13-2012, 04:23 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
If anyone is wondering, Nevin and Flynn give their insight about this year's draft. Nevin was obviously interviewed at the draft. Alot is about Gagne!
http://www.moncton-wildcats.com/arti...gne-top-choice
I had to chuckle when Peter Nevin compared Gagne to Steve Bernier.
“He’s a better skater and has more size than Steve Bernier had at the same age,”
Bernier was very out of shape and was overweight and Gagne is 158lbs..

Christian Dubois
“Another comparison for him would be (Acadie-Bathurst Titan centre) Matthew Bissonnette. He’s a natural goal scorer. He’s certainly someone to watch in training camp.

Anyone who watches the QMJHL should know Bissonette is more of a playmaker. He definately thinks pass first.

Kind of strange comments by Moncton scouting staff, one has to wonder why they were fired the following day.

Old
06-13-2012, 04:32 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
I had to chuckle when Peter Nevin compared Gagne to Steve Bernier.
“He’s a better skater and has more size than Steve Bernier had at the same age,”
Bernier was very out of shape and was overweight and Gagne is 158lbs..

Christian Dubois
“Another comparison for him would be (Acadie-Bathurst Titan centre) Matthew Bissonnette. He’s a natural goal scorer. He’s certainly someone to watch in training camp.

Anyone who watches the QMJHL should know Bissonette is more of a playmaker. He definately thinks pass first.

Kind of strange comments by Moncton scouting staff, one has to wonder why they were fired the following day.
I really don't know why Nevin and co. were fired. I doubt we will ever know. But yeah, those are some strange comparisons for Gagne, not only two completely different players, but they like you said, Bissonette is more of a playmaker. I think what they were trying to do is compare him to a former Wildcat with Bernier. I personally see him like a little bit less physical Rick Nash, the same guy who he compares himself too. The guy also has lots of room to grow at barely 160 pounds if that is correct measurements. Very excited to see if Flynn will keep him for the year. Playing Espoir this year a year of AAA would definetly benefit him, but it would not shock me to see him in the line-up. Would you like me to try some comparisons for other Wildcats draftees? I seem to have gotten lots of time on my hands lately...