HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So Proud of The Devils

Old
06-12-2012, 07:44 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
I've never been so proud of a Devils team (well since 2003)...

We started off the season without our #1 center in Travis Zajac, we then lost Jacob Josefson not once, but twice, and then had a set back with Zajac. We overcame the odds this season and there is NOTHING to be ashamed of.

I've had a blast this season with everyone I've come across whether here on the forums, or up in the stands and I want to thank the Devils Army for coming out this season and supporting this team. I hope to see/meet many more of you next season.

My heart my hurt a little, but I have my head held high and NO ONE can knock me down just because the Kings beat us.

Be proud Devils Army...we accomplished a lot this season!

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:47 AM
devilsarmy17

super proud of this team, nobody here expected us to make the cup, but I knew once Henrique scored in Game 7 of Round 1 ( I was at that game), this team was going to make a nice run. I'm very proud to be a Devils fan today as I have been for the last 19 years. Looking forward to Hockey in a few months, can't wait.

devilsarmy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:52 AM
CrashLine95
Keep your chin up

I've been a diehard fan of this team since I was about 12 years old ('86-ish). I can't remember the last time I was so proud being a fan of this team. From a lottery team to coming within two games of winning a cup, showing incredible heart and determination every step of the way. This team deserves our respect and adoration. They are a shining example of what being a "team" truly is.

I can't even be mad about last night night anymore (well, I can be. I'm just choosing not to be for my own sanity). I would've been happy just getting out of the first round this year, never thinking what would come after that would've been a remote possibility. The future looks very bright. Hopefully our captain feels the same way and weighs that heavily in his decision to stay.

Thank you Devils for an amazing year! My buddies and I have a few growlers we'll be emptying tonight in your honor. :-)

CrashLine95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Pattysaurus

Still so proud of this squad. They gave us many highlights this postseason that we'll always remember.

Pattysaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:01 AM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

I've said it all year, I've never had more fun watching this team than I did this year. It was an incredible season to watch and to attend so many games like I did. I loved every single moment of the 2011-2012 season and to make it as far as we did (and how we did it by knocking off our most hated rivals) was awesome.

If nothing else, to be able to exact revenge for 1994 made this season absolutely perfect. Marty will bookend his career next year when he wins his 4th cup. Here's to hoping this team stays in tact for the most part and that we have another incredible year next year.

Let's Go Devils, reppin' red and black til the day I die.

MadDog172430 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:01 AM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
Heres to next year Rhodes
This time next year Roders ... we will be Champions (millioners )

NJDevilsZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:19 AM
schoenfeld
2 Way Contract

The morning after in 2001 i felt like my heart had been ripped out and put back in upside down. That team was way, way, WAY too good to blow it that year, and they did. This time around i kinda have a "aw ****, we'll get em' next time" feeling about this team. The same feeling I had after the initial shock and rage from 1994 had subsided. Or even a feeling just like the end of the Bruins series in 1988, because I really truly feel like the New Jersey Devils are on the cusp of becoming a top flight team again, instead of the fading giant we've seen since the lockout. We have several great defensive prospects in the pipe or up in Albany and I've heard nothing but positives about Scott Wedgewood. Our goaltending situation might not seem as dire as some may think should Marty hang up the pads this year or next. Adam Henrique had the looks of a generational franchise player in these playoffs, and he's a rookie! Nothing but bright futures for that kid. Adam Larsson has a year of NHL play under his belt and will only get better. He took a rough ride through this past season, but he never had the look of someone that didn't belong out there. Give him an offseason to recover from whatever obvious nagging injury he had and we might see the emergence of someone who could hold down in our top 4 for years to come.

It doesn't even feel like we are headed into a typical off season where we hemorrhage a key UFA then hand a Brian Rolston Old Guy Contract. Even with the question marks surrounding Parise and Marty possibly calling it quits I just get an overwhelming impression that things are being pulled together.

It just seems like this run happened to catch this team in some kind of transitional period, and hey, it almost worked out. Last night is gonna sting for a while, but we'll be back at it sooner then later.

Last edited by schoenfeld: 06-12-2012 at 08:36 AM.
schoenfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:41 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

I'm proud of them, myself.

When the chips were down, they never wavered and NEVER QUIT!

This team......let me repeat....The T-E-A-M plays hard for one another and plays to the final whistle under a new "system" that has PROVEN that it is Stanley-Cup Caliber.

No one gave us much of a chance after going down 3-2 to Florida....

No one gave us much of a chance after losing Game 1 to the so-called "high-octane offense" of Philly

No one gave us much of a chance after being Shut-out Two times by Queen Henrietta of the Rags

No one gave us much of a chance of avoiding a Sweep after dropping the first 3 games of the SCF.

The FACT is that this T-E-A-M is a GREAT T-E-A-M and with that type of comraderie both on and off the ice, they showed that they can play(and beat) anyone on the ice.

- This year we discovered that Henrique is CLUTCH.

- We discovered that miracles DO happen(Clarkson nets 30 goals; Sykora 20+)

- We discovered that the Devils don't HAVE TO be all defense anymore(Pete Deboer's aggressive forechecking offense)

- We discovered that we might have some good players in the minors who simply need a shot to prove themselves(Little Gio)

- We also discovered that Kovalchuk is a FRIGGIN' WARRIOR who is developing into a very good Two-way player

- And finally, we discovered that we might have a Head Coach that is a Keeper and will hang around for awhile.

I'm so damn proud to be a Devils fan.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:49 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensu View Post
I agree, we weren't even predicted to be in the finals to begin with.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Robert Theodorson

My first finals as a hockey fan, amazing run. Hopefully we can come back to the big dance down the road and win 16.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Darkauron

So proud of the Devils this year. No one expected them to get where they got to except themselves. This was my first time watching the Devils in the Stanley Cup and I really hope it isn't another 8 years before they get there again.

Darkauron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
What a snob this man is.

Oh and always love to bring this one up- Dave Maloney, yes the former Ranger/MSG analyst predicted the Devils would finish 12th this season...behind the Islanders. Lmao @ him.

Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
LA did not have the better goalie in this series. The Devils barely tested Quick. I left this finals extremely unimpressed with him.
Nah, Quick was excellent. He did have some robbery saves, and other difficult saves he made look easier than they were. His Conn Smythe is well deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogie42 View Post
this is just the start of the debeor and adam henrique era.
And Larsson era.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

vCash: 425
Where's the official "Expert" picks for the season now? I'd love to see them again. We were going to fight for last in the division and miss the playoffs again right?

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:08 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkauron View Post
So proud of the Devils this year. No one expected them to get where they got to except themselves. This was my first time watching the Devils in the Stanley Cup and I really hope it isn't another 8 years before they get there again.
It is? Damn. I feel bad for you then. I was fortunate to have been able to bear witness to the 2000 and 2003 Cup years(the 1995 one I only got to see on VHS. lol)

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Nah, Quick was excellent. He did have some robbery saves, and other difficult saves he made look easier than they were. His Conn Smythe is well deserved.

And Larsson era.
Agreed. While BC has a point (shoulda tested him more), he was excellent and made a bunch of great saves. That toe save was ridiculous.

We should be called the Adams` Family.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:16 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

I am proud of this team and they never gave up despite what the expert said. And I know they will be right back there next year fighting for that chance again!

BrodeurRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:17 AM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

I can't wait til next year already! Larsson is gonna bring the fury!

MadDog172430 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Darkauron

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
It is? Damn. I feel bad for you then. I was fortunate to have been able to bear witness to the 2000 and 2003 Cup years(the 1995 one I only got to see on VHS. lol)
Yeah it was my first, was only 11 in 2003. I knew they won the Stanley Cup, but I didn't watch any of it and really didn't understand the significance. I still can't believe its over and It will take some time I guess.

Darkauron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
We should be called the Adams` Family.
And we have another Scott coming soon.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
This team is awesome. Not disappointed at all right now. What a playoff run.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:29 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Where's the official "Expert" picks for the season now? I'd love to see them again. We were going to fight for last in the division and miss the playoffs again right?

Got to be honest...I didn't think that was too farfetched during last summer.

Salvador being expected to be a regular after missing an entire year and his previous years hadn't been all that stellar to begin with...

Zajac with a horrendous injury that typically takes 6 months to just get out of the soft cast.....

Josefson being expected to be a top 2 center out of the gate....

Parise returning to form was a complete unknown....

Fayne as regular, not knowing if his play last season was fluke and considering he tailed off a lot during the end of the season - there were major questions...

The Defense looked like it was going to be disjointed again this season with only Greene, Tallinder and Volchenkov as known commodities and who the hell knew what to expect from the rest....

The Center position at the start of the season looked worse than it ever had, the Right wing depth looked abysmal.

What this team achieved this season is miraculous. It is one of the most unlikely best seasons I've ever seen.

JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Proud. Absolutely.

Disappointed, absolutely. They had a legit chance at the Cup. Should have won either game 1 or 2. We dug ourselves in a huge hole, then did it again with the circus officiating that happened yesterday unfortunately.

Either way, proud as hell, we've come a very long way from last season & I'm getting Henrique & Brodeur jerseys with the finals patch.

Mory Schneideur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro

not gonna lie...i cried reading this thread. They were such a likable team. Im truely sad they didn't win it. They played for each other, against all odds they prevailed and fell 2 wins short.

I am a Giants fan ahead of the Devils and this is probably my favorite team of all time...even over those Giants teams tat won recently. I hope we can bring everybody back but know thats not gonna happen, and it makes me really sad

Officer Rod Farva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

As a consolation we can probably build a better team from minor changes here and there.

Mory Schneideur* is offline   Reply With Quote