HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Thank you DSA

Old
06-12-2012, 04:13 AM
SatanIsland4

vCash: 500
Thank you DSA

I know im not a regular poster but i feel Eric deserves his own thread hope no one minds. Just wanted to say thank you on the great job you did this year. I know myself and I'm sure many others would not have been able to attend as many games were it not for you and your teams hard work. There are very few organizations in sports that take care of and appreciate their fans like the New Jersey Devils and we should all be thankful for that. See you in October!

SatanIsland4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:38 AM
u2devs

I agree, thanks for all your hard work Eric!

u2devs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:12 AM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

Eric is the MAN.

Somebody get this man a raise.

Thank you Eric.

selyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:19 AM
One7nine

Great Thread. And a big thank you from my entire family

One7nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:41 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
A big thank you to Eric and his team from me and my father! We really appreciate everything you've done for us this season and you and your team should be very proud!!

Looking forward to next season.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:11 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Thanks for everything Eric and his team!

06-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Devs Service Answers

Thanks all...much appreciated, but not necessary. I'm just one of you...a fan hoping to continue to see the rock filled more and more - and all this board does is help us to be closer partners in that mission. I know it's going to take us a while to get there, but how great will it be when we have that type of passionate playoff home crowd, at each of our regular season games? Maybe a pipe dream, as playoffs are of course a different animal, but larger crowds propelling our players to victory, will make the Rock a very special place to be 41 games throughout the year. We've got work to do, but that possibility is in sight, because:

It has to start somewhere, and fans getting a chance to see what it "could" be like, during this run, was very important. From those we spoke with, I saw a nice blend of - long-tenured fans who hadn't been to a game since CAA, existing STHs who felt great value in their strips, younger fans w/o a ton of purchasing power (but who will have it shortly) and were able to get in through college programs and day of game lines, and new bandwagoners (and local businesses) that were experiencing the Rock for the first time.

All those folks got to witness - the close connection between the fans and the team...the traditions of the towels every night, the red strobe lights and pump up music, the videos of great team moments, the roar of 17,000 people chanting - Let's Go Devils - getting the monkey off of the Rock's back of never having advanced past the first round, closing out the Rangers on home ice. That's just the tip of the iceberg and all of the above helps tremendously in allowing folks to see the vision of what this place COULD turn into.

Thanks again for your questions and feedback...and looking forward to more sharing in the days, weeks and months to come.

Last edited by Devs Service Answers: 06-12-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Devs Service Answers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:50 AM
EliasFTW

I dont get this thread. Do you guys and Eric like hang out on the weekends and stuff?

Sarcasm.jpg

EliasFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:02 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasFTW View Post
I dont get this thread. Do you guys and Eric like hang out on the weekends and stuff?
We all play racquetball and drink wine coolers afterwards. Sorry you've never been invited.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:04 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I'm just glad he posted again, I was worried about him since he hadn't posted in the last few days and this run's doubly stress-inducing if you're actually working for the team

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Queensdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasFTW View Post

Sarcasm.jpg
I was at almost all home playoff games this year, mostly thanks to his help. If it weren't for that I might not have even been able to attend games outside of the first round, instead I only missed 3 the whole postseason. I think a thank you is the least I owe the guy.

Thanks Eric!

Queensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Devs Service Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I'm just glad he posted again, I was worried about him since he hadn't posted in the last few days and this run's doubly stress-inducing if you're actually working for the team
Ha...got the red eye back in last night...so I am literally slapping my face in the office trying to stay awake right now. Just for those who are curious, a run like this is very draining when working for a team (as I know it is as fans too)...

I like to consider myself an emotional fan - I think I jumped up and down for a full 2 min after Florida game 7...and in the box at MSG in game 2 against the Rangers. But...there comes times when you are just DRAINED emotionally/physically. I saw my counterpart with the Kings at Game 5, and he was saying the same thing...you almost feel numb because your mind/body doesn't have a ton more to give.

Hope it changes and you become better at it and can feel everything throughout and pace yourself better, the more times you go through it. But, looking back on this run, before the SCF - to win in game 6 and 7 as we did...then knock off your two biggest rivals back-to-back...that's about as emotional as it gets, for a good 6+ weeks...and that takes its toll and drains you. Looking forward to sleeping, recharging, and starting it all over again!!!

Devs Service Answers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:03 PM
EliasFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
We all play racquetball and drink wine coolers afterwards. Sorry you've never been invited.
Well you've never been to Raleigh

EliasFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Devils Dominion
Thank you Marty

DSA has been of great value to all us fans.

Whoever he reports to needs to know that somehow.

Here's to DSA being with the Devils organization for many years to come.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

DSA, I never got the college presale email for game 7!!! @&@&$&&!!!!

Jk thanks dude!

Mory Schneideur* is offline   Reply With Quote