HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Stanley Cup Final Game #6 - NJD at LAK, postmortem edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2012, 10:56 AM
pspot

vCash: 500
leafs fan wanted to congrats on a great playoffs
i really enjoyed watching the devils , I live cycle hockey and when the Devils were on they were so fun to watch.

tough way to lose the series, if it was regular season it would have been 5min major for sure but damn sucked for that to happen when it did.

good luck next season

Old
06-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Queensdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
The Devils failed to come through at certain moments during this series. I'm not going to ignore that and say it was all on the refs that they lost. That's not the point here. But if you don't think the Devils took it in the ass from the officials last night and at other key points in this series, well you're a very forgiving person I guess. This **** doesn't sit well with me all.

Scuderi completely turned on Bernier like the ***** that he is, but you know what, I'll give the officials a pass on that call. It's a fast game and that call is probably not as easy to make when it's not being broken down frame by frame. But Scuderi ****ing turned. He knew exactly what he was doing and it payed off big time, obviously.

What I can't get passed his how Gionta was boarded just before the Scuderi incident. No call. Volch took a punch to the face during the delayed call. No call. While it was 2 - 0, Kovalchuk got hooked down and held on the ice for at least 5 seconds while the kings came the other way and iced the ****ing game all while on a powerplay. It's sickening, and this was just game 6. This same crew called Clarkson for that awful boarding call in game 4. Why are people leaving this all at the Devils feet?

The game misconducts to Carter and Clarkson were laughable, especially Clarkson's. Look, I don't care how it's spun, 47 to 6 in regards to penalty minutes is a slap in the face to a hardworking team that did everything they could to make this a series.

As it stands, I'm disgusted with this league and I have even less respect for the diving *****es that are now the champions. They're a very talented team, no question about it. But again, they play with no honor. Not when you flop all over the place like they do trying to sell calls. It's infuriating.
I'm completely with you my man. It still just won't sit right with me. I woke up this morning angry with a pit in my stomach. Losing is one thing, but to have the SCF decided like that is an absolute disgrace. I'll always love my devils but I can honestly say that I hate the NHL. Love the game, love my team, but hate everything about the league. This might sound sour grapes, but I'll be extremely upset of something is not said by the devils. A circus was made out of the Stanley cup and if this just goes by the wayside and nothing is made of it idk what to say. It hurts, but the way it went down is just maddening.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:08 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Ive said it already:

I can live with losing the best played games.

I can live with losing the worst.

I can live with losing on a lucky bounce.

But I cannot live with how we lost last night. Just doesnt feel right thanks to the stripes.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queensdevil View Post
I'm completely with you my man. It still just won't sit right with me. I woke up this morning angry with a pit in my stomach. Losing is one thing, but to have the SCF decided like that is an absolute disgrace. I'll always love my devils but I can honestly say that I hate the NHL. Love the game, love my team, but hate everything about the league. This might sound sour grapes, but I'll be extremely upset of something is not said by the devils. A circus was made out of the Stanley cup and if this just goes by the wayside and nothing is made of it idk what to say. It hurts, but the way it went down is just maddening.
They should have let them play a fair game.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
Ive said it already:

I can live with losing the best played games.

I can live with losing the worst.

I can live with losing on a lucky bounce.

But I cannot live with how we lost last night. Just doesnt feel right thanks to the stripes.
This is on point. I feel like I've been violated or something. Really weird.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Queensdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyrocket View Post
They should have let them play a fair game.
We didn't even get a chance! The devils gained momentum from killing the early penalty and were playing ok and surviving the opening minutes like they needed to, then it happened. Can you really blame them for not making anything happen in the 5 minutes of 5 on 5 there was all night?!?!

Old
06-12-2012, 11:14 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
This year there have been horrendous calls and noncalls on all sides. At the end of the day, you just hope they even out and the game (or series) isn't decided by them. I think these playoffs, you saw a number of games (and series'), where the results were directly influenced by bad or missed calls.

I just hope the league reviews all the tapes and learns something from it. But I'm not optimistic about that...
The problem is that the league KNOWS what it's doing.....That's why I say there's something shady going on....

The Kings basically won the Stanley Cup because of POLITICS.

I don't care if people disagree with me or not. It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it 'till the day I croak.

Bettman WANTED a Big-market team(*ANY* Big Market team) to win so he can maximize profit that goes directly into his greedy little pockets. That's why the Refs have always been against the Devils in the Flyers and Rags series(and now the Kings series). The Florida series was fine 'cause Bettman doesn't give a crap about them.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
The problem is that the league KNOWS what it's doing.....That's why I say there's something shady going on....

The Kings basically won the Stanley Cup because of POLITICS.

I don't care if people disagree with me or not. It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it 'till the day I croak.

Bettman WANTED a Big-market team(*ANY* Big Market team) to win so he can maximize profit that goes directly into his greedy little pockets. That's why the Refs have always been against the Devils in the Flyers and Rags series(and now the Kings series). The Florida series was fine 'cause Bettman doesn't give a crap about them.
No, devils missed key opportunities in games 1 and 2. And the Kovalchuk injury finally caught up to this team in the 4th round. If he's healthy, we beat the kings.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

It's heartbreaking. That's exactly what it is. You just don't come this far and battle through so much to have it blow up in your face like that. I think the missed call on Kovalchuk was the absloute dagger last night. Already down 2 - 0 with the Kings flying, the poor guy was ****ing mauled at our blue line and the officials DID NOTHING. I totally lost my **** on that play last night. My neighbors probably can't stand me with how bad I went off.

I just find it impossible to ignore what went down in that game last night. The Kings got away with pretty much everything for the entire first half of that game. There is no way around that regardless if our PK didn't come through for us. That doesn't excuse that **** show of officiating. It was almost like no matter how well the Devils played last night, it really wouldnt have mattered.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:19 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

It doesn't feel right because the Devils were only in the game for 5 minutes or so.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Nick0930

**** whoever changed the name of the playoff forum.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
No, devils missed key opportunities in games 1 and 2. And the Kovalchuk injury finally caught up to this team in the 4th round. If he's healthy, we beat the kings.

The Devils did themselves no favors this series at certain key moments. I don't think anyone is denying that. But it's very difficult to feel like they got a fair shake with what went down at certain points in this series.

The comment about feeling violated is spot on imho. That's exactly how I ****ing feel today. It's just awful to feel this way.

2001 crushed me when the Devils lost to Colorado. They blew it that year but I can't sit here and say that the officials did anything sketchy during that series to aid Colorado. They were simply the better team for those two weeks. End of story. And if you want to say the Kings were ultimately the better team these past two weeks, that's fine as well. But something just wasn't right about last night. You would have to be blind to not see the disparity in which this game was called.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:26 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

The thing about people saying, tough noogies the Devils should have done a better job of killing it off well they were going on minutes 3-7 of killing penalties in the first period. Eventually they were going to get a couple with all that PK time, I don't care what kind of PK you have. Killing penalties 7 of 15 minutes is draining.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:36 AM
apice3*

Am I the only one who noticed how much trouble Doughty had lifting the Cup and keeping it above his head?

Old
06-12-2012, 11:36 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

What's worse, being a student in Philadelphia. I've got to listen to all these Flyers fans chirp about Richards and Carter and Gagne...

I simply don't understand how they can still like those players, especially after Richards and Carter refused to do "dry island" for the 2011 playoffs. They weren't team players... I don't understand the love for them in Philly.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:37 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Am I the only one who noticed how much trouble Doughty had lifting the Cup and keeping it above his head?
Yeah, I saw that too. Although the most noticeable was Gagne, he damn near dropped the thing

Old
06-12-2012, 11:38 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/12/nj-dev...d-stanley-cup/

Years ago this would have bothered me but it doesnt now. It's just blowing off steam. But nice of Josefson to make TMZ. Congrads jacob.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
What's worse, being a student in Philadelphia. I've got to listen to all these Flyers fans chirp about Richards and Carter and Gagne...

I simply don't understand how they can still like those players, especially after Richards and Carter refused to do "dry island" for the 2011 playoffs. They weren't team players... I don't understand the love for them in Philly.
This is mind boggling to me as well. I would feel incensed if I saw them win. The Flyers didn't lose the trades by any means, but the hoopla about those two and how they destroyed the locker room. I would not be able to deal with that crap. It's funny the Kings started 2012 off with a splash when they made that trade and they ended it the same way.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:41 AM
lboogie42*

proud of the devils for the fantastic season they had. and if their division wasnt so good they could of easily been a first seed. but every time i think of how game 6 went down with the bad call/no call, and the interfering of volch, i feel like sobbing.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:42 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
Yeah, I saw that too. Although the most noticeable was Gagne, he damn near dropped the thing
That can be attributed to several things. Nerves, an awkward exchange, etc. Something like that happens every year.

Doughty legitimately lifted it up, and had to put it back down. He hoisted it again and couldn't hold it there. I just found it amusing.

Honestly though, in Ray Bourque fashion, it was nice to see Dan O'Rourke finally get his chance to hoist the trophy.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:43 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
Yeah, that's pretty lame.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/12/nj-dev...d-stanley-cup/

Years ago this would have bothered me but it doesnt now. It's just blowing off steam. But nice of Josefson to make TMZ. Congrads jacob.
Jake, and the rest of the team made it in as well. Wow the paparazzi is very annoying. Andy Greene was pissed and so was Henrique.

oh and the playoff forum...wow lame. did boston get that last year?

Old
06-12-2012, 11:47 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
Jake, and the rest of the team made it in as well. Wow the paparazzi is very annoying. Andy Greene was pissed and so was Henrique.
I thought it was nice that they took Bernier out i'm sure he needed a few drinks after the game.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:49 AM
halyndon

Devils party sorrows away

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/12/nj-dev...ts-fullwrapper

Greene looks a little worried it's being videotaped!
Jacob looks a little wasted. Greene has to waive him to the limo.
Glad to see Bernier is in a good enough mood to go out partying.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:51 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1206661

I already created a thread about that.

Curious to see how long it would take before it's removed and I get "reprimanded" for stating an opinion.....

Closed Thread