HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

GDT: New Jersey Devils Vs. Los Angeles Kings @ 10:30 pm EST - 11/25

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2003, 11:34 AM
PEli*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
I know more about devils prospects then almost every devils fan on this site except Jarred, I don't see why you are challenging me on this.
That's quite arrogant. Just because you read up on players in teams' systems doesn't mean you can judge their play. It takes a lot more than reading webpages and watching bits of video to honestly make a fair judgement on prospects. Especially in today's league.

That said, I don't see why people are surprised that Martin is not as good defensively as he should be. He's a rookie that plays a pretty offensive style. I don't expect the guy to play like a 5th year player as a rookie. I know he'll be responsible for a number of goals that shouldn't have been scored.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
That is one goal, how many did Martin cause, I seen to remember more then 5 already this year that were directly his fault, maybe more. I know more about devils prospects then almost every devils fan on this site except Jarred, I don't see why you are challenging me on this. Like I said before I expect Kadeikin to be a better dmen then Martin in the future.

Hale is by far our best dmen prospect, he may not put up the numbers Martin will in the future but his two way play will be alot like Foote. He and Foote are very similar actually.
Wow, how do you know you more about prospects than everybody minus Jarred??? You might know more than me but everybody???

Helpful tip Jason, people will not listen to what one has to say if it comes with a tone of arrogance. Tone it down dude.

Also you seem to make the same mistake i did when I was younger and that was growing impatient with prospects with theying didn't produce as fast as you hope they would. Many times I ended eating my words bacasue of that.

Old
11-26-2003, 05:32 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
You could see the talent comming out of Lecavalier in first couple of years, I don't see that with Martin. His reacting time seems off, on the PP his passes seem to always go nowhere, he doesn't like to take the body. I don't see a whole lot of potential in him. I may be right or wrong but most time I am right in what I see in a player.
The rule of thumb is generally that it takes much longer for young defenders to develop then it does for forwards. Power forwards take a good while to develop as well. Lecavalier is no power forward though.

Old
11-26-2003, 06:30 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:

New Jersey Devils' Turner Stevenson, left, tries to maintain control of the puck while under pressure from Los Angeles Kings' Michael Cammalleri during the third period in Los Angeles, Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2003. The Devils won 4-0.
(AP Photo/Chris Pizzello)

New Jersey Devils goalie Martin Brodeur (30) deflects a shot as Los Angeles Kings' Luc Robitaille (20) skates in during the first period in Los Angeles, Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2003. The Devils won 4-0.

Los Angeles Kings goalie Cristobal Huet keeps his eye on the puck as New Jersey Devils' Brian Gionta, right, gets set for a shot during the third period Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2003, in Los Angeles. The Devils won 4-0.

New Jersey Devils' Scott Niedermayer (27) watches the puck get past Los Angeles Kings goalie Cristobal Huet of France on a goal by the Devils' John Madden during the first period at Staples Center in Los Angeles, Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2003.

Old
11-26-2003, 06:32 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:

New Jersey Devils' David Hale, left, knocks the helmet off Los Angeles Kings' Aaron Miller after a check during the first period at Staples Center in Los Angeles, Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2003.

New Jersey Devils' David Hale (25) vies for the puck with Los Angeles Kings' Michael Cammalleri during the first period in Los Angeles, Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2003.

Old
11-27-2003, 06:14 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Buddy I don't know how long you have been on these boards or how much you thinkyou know, I have been following prospects for 7 years now. Name someone other then Jarred on these boards that follows up on prospects more then me, because I would really like to know who he is and shake his hand, untill you can give a name then quit it, I am very confident on my prospect knowledge and that is part of the reason why I was included in The Pucks top 50 prospect for two years running.
Wow you really need to take a chill pill Jason.

Look I don't write on these boards to show people how much I think I know or to tell people that they know little of what they are talking about, becasue that's rude and I have better things to do. I love my Devils and I enjoy following their prospects, unfortuntely most of my friends don't so this place is a good outlet for me. What I don't enjoy are when people look down at one's commets or opinions becasue they think they know better. I have been following and playing hockey since 1976 and like you am confident in my hockey knowledge, but unlike you I will not shove it down anybody's throats.

And I don't think that this is what these boards are meant for, and I think Jarred would agree.

Old
11-27-2003, 08:06 AM
PEli*

Quote:
May be but its worth it, all these news guys come in here and think they know so much about prospects iun general when they probably know little to nothing, I seen close to every top devils prospect play. Khomutov, Kadeikin are basicly the only two good prospects I havn't seen at one point in my life and I have enough people keeping me updated on their progress.
I know you're a big fan and you're wicked interested in this stuff but its better to respect other peoples' knowledge than to walk all over it. I'd imagine that half of the people here have seen the prospects play at one point or another.

Closed Thread