HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Stanley Cup Final Game #6 - NJD at LAK, postmortem edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2012, 12:33 PM
NBC Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Viking View Post
There were a lot of calls throughout the playoffs that went against the Kings too. But they battled through it and found ways to win.

I just want to know why Devils fans are more pissed at the refs than their team sucking on the PP/PK, losing the first two games at home and not closing out 2 OT games? This whole blame the refs shtick is getting really old...
Oh ****, you're right. Wow. I never thought of it that way.

Is that the reaction you were hoping for? Go celebrate and stop wasting your time.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Stigy

Quote:
There were a lot of calls throughout the playoffs that went against the Kings too. But they battled through it and found ways to win.

I just want to know why Devils fans are more pissed at the refs than their team sucking on the PP/PK, losing the first two games at home and not closing out 2 OT games? This whole blame the refs shtick is getting really old...
Possibly because it didn't even give the Devils a chance to fight.

Games 1 and 2 both went to OT and could've ended in regulation for the Devils, but unfortunately didn't. No one is going back and discussing the first two games. Our biggest problem last night was the missed calls against the Kings and a big one before the Bernier incident that could've prevented this whole thing from happening.

Should the Devils killed off the penalty? Absolutely.
Should the Devils HAVE HAD to kill of the penalty? No because that play should've been called dead.

And the Kings fourth goal was ridiculous. He was trying to make a play on the puck and the ref was directly in his skating path. Move out of the way ref if you see a skater coming at you - don't just stand there with your arms crossed. It prevented a play against Brown and the puck that led to the goal. Honestly after an incident like that, play should stop because thats not puck contact, thats player contact and it's quite ridiculous.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

Quote:

Your team was handed the championship, it wasn't earned.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:36 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:

And I want to know why you're on this board whining when you should be on your Kings board celebrating your Tainted cup?

*Your* "schtick" as a so-called classy fan got old....last week.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Queensdevil

Quote:

Go away dick.

Old
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Zidlicky gave a really nasty glance to the guy,
I cant wait to see how many nasty glances we get next year for our 5 million dollars. yaay!

Old
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Very good season, we knocked the Flyers and Rangers in the same season, that makes me smile, especially when I think about not the cup. As for the cup, congratulations to Los Angeles, well deserverd. And going forward, I trust Lou will put a team together that competes. But we definitely need to get younger.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Mgd31

Boy, what a night.

I hate playing the what if game, I really do. And honestly, there's no question that was an absolute collapse of a pk and just a miserably bad decision by that official on the 4th.

But you still have to think as a fan of this team, that everything just went to **** so fast, and looking back it probably have shouldn't.

Props to the Kings for capitalizing though, they took it, ran with it, and stomped on us.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:42 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Very good season, we knocked the Flyers and Rangers in the same season, that makes me smile, especially when I think about not the cup. As for the cup, congratulations to Los Angeles, well deserverd. And going forward, I trust Lou will put a team together that competes. But we definitely need to get younger.
Sorry but I disagree. The Cup was *NOT* "well deserved". The Refs(and Bettman) basically said "ENOUGH!" and made sure the Devils lost and LA got its Cup.

Politics.....

Old
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:

First off, what's getting "old" is Kings fans coming into our threads and commenting about how we feel about your team. Don't you have a Cup to enjoy? I never understood **** like this. Why do you, or any other Kings fans have any need or reason to give two ***** about how I or any other Devils fans feel about your team? Do you need validation from us? I just don't get it. My honest opinion is that there are a bunch of diving ******* on the Kings. Is that what you wanted to hear? Does that change anything for you?

Secondly, don't just quote one of my posts when I clearly state in later posts in this very same thread that I don't blame the series loss completely on the officials. I thought yesterday's game was ******** of the highest order. I don't expect you to agree with that I and really don't care whether you do or not.

Your team "battled through it and found a way to win." Congrats. Why waste your time reading what I have to say when you can go watch clips of tough guy Dustin Brown throwing his weight around at players on dead plays and then flopping all over the ice. Smart ass.

Old
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Stop with the ref blaming and Bettman wanting the Kings to win...you all sound like sore losers.

Old
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
WARNING WARNING

By mentioning the Flyers and Rangers, you have just admitted that beating your rivals in the playoffs is better than winning the Stanley Cup. This has been brought to you by the Rangers Board. Thank you.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
I cant wait to see how many nasty glances we get next year for our 5 million dollars. yaay!
Zidlicky makes $4 M.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Stop with the ref blaming and Bettman wanting the Kings to win...you all sound like sore losers.
Seriously. Wouldnt the NHL WANT a game 7 after such an epic comeback?

Old
06-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Nick0930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Seriously. Wouldnt the NHL WANT a game 7 after such an epic comeback?
Too risky. Devils could steal a game 7.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:45 PM
apice3*

Quote:

You know what's really old? Venturing over to a board where you know the fans are pissed off, just to get a taste of the misery.

I'd tell you to act like you been there before, but you really don't know that feeling. Congrats on your relevance for the first time in franchise history. 1/3 of LA finally realizes what goes on when the Clippers and Lakers aren't playing.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
Too risky. Devils could steal a game 7.
Not by the logic being used. The refs could just win it for LA apparently.

Old
DevilsFan19805
Rookie User

Best Devils team to not win a cup?

Which team is the best Devils team to not win a cup?

I say 2012 team is the best Devils team to not win a cup with 2001 close behind

Old
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgd31 View Post
Boy, what a night.

I hate playing the what if game, I really do. And honestly, there's no question that was an absolute collapse of a pk and just a miserably bad decision by that official on the 4th.

But you still have to think as a fan of this team, that everything just went to **** so fast, and looking back it probably have shouldn't.

Props to the Kings for capitalizing though, they took it, ran with it, and stomped on us.
They "stomped on us" because they had a CONTINOUS 5 minute 5-on-4 advantage!

I would've been stunned if they didn't. The game was basically over at that point when they scored 3 times with a 5-on-4 advantage.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:47 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Kings fans seeking recognition from Devils fans.

That's what the main board is for.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:47 PM
KohoDonuts88
LOYALTY

As great as this run was, and it's a very good team, there's no question 2001 was the best team. That team may have been a bit better than the team that won in 2000.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:48 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsFan19805 View Post
Which team is the best Devils team to not win a cup?

I say 2012 team is the best Devils team to not win a cup with 2001 close behind
I think 2001 was more skilled, but 2012 is my favorite team to not win it all, for certain.

Old
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Then who do we blame then when the Kings are given 9 Powerplays, cj? Let me repeat....NINE power plays. And the Devils only were given a token few even though there was a BUNCH that weren't called on the Kings all game long.

I'm sorry, cj but something stinks here.....

Old
Fayne Staley
Salvador *******

2001...they blew it!

Old
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
You know what's really old? Venturing over to a board where you know the fans are pissed off, just to get a taste of the misery.

I'd tell you to act like you been there before, but you really don't know that feeling. Congrats on your relevance for the first time in franchise history. 1/3 of LA finally realizes what goes on when the Clippers and Lakers aren't playing.
And let's not pretend that this win has suddenly transformed LA into a hockey town. Once the bandwagoners fall away, it will be the exact same as always.

Closed Thread