HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who retires?

Old
06-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

vCash: 500
Just kept the ones that already retired in there anyways.

Forwards Age
Mark Recchi 43
Teemu Selanne 40
Mike Modano 40
Doug Wegiht 40
Kris Draper 39
Alex Kovalev 38
Michael Nylander 38
Cory Stilman 37
Andrew Brunette 37
John Madden 37
Todd Marchant 37
Jason Arnott 36
Steve Sullivan 36
Vaclav Prospal 36
Mike Grier 36
Rob Niedermayer 36
Frederik Modin 36
Scott Nichol 36
Jamal Mayers 36
Jamie Langenbrunner 35
Chris Clark 35
Ethan Moreau 35
Milan Hedjuk 35
Todd White 35
Brenadan Morrison 35
Jarkko Ruutu 35
Dave Scatchard 35
Fernando Pisani 34
Jeff Halpern 34
Ryan Johnson 34
Radek Dvorak 34

Defense
Nicklas Lidstrom 40
Sean O'Donnell 39
Jassen Cullimore 38
Roman Harmlik 37
Steve Staios 37
Nicklas Wallin 36
Hall Gill 36
Ruslan Salei 36
Sami Salo 36
Craig Rivet 36
Karlis Skrastins 36
Andreas Lilja 35
Bryan McCabe 35
Jason Strudwick 35
Shane Hnidy 35
Brent Sopel 34
Radek Martinek 34
Brad Lukowich 34

Goaltenders
Dwayne Roloson 41
Chris Osgood 38
Johan Hedberg 37
Patrick Lalime 36
Martin Gerber 36
Ty Conklikn 35
Evgeni Nabokov 35
Mart Turco 35
Jose Theodore 34
Brian Boucher 34
Jean-Sébastien Giguère 33

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 05:14 PM
davebenj

For some reason, I think Hamrlik will retire

davebenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 05:47 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

The first post in bold or italics or something should show the ones who have retired this year so far..

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 05:50 PM
sg58

Modin has retired, Wallin has went home to Sweden, which from most people's standpoint would be a retirement, no?

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 05:55 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Well since the Bruins are going to win the cup Recchi.
Would you like to go to Las Vegas with me?

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan850 View Post
The first post in bold or italics or something should show the ones who have retired this year so far..
Good suggestion! First post now edited!

Last edited by Booba: 06-16-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Forwards Age
Mark Recchi 43 - Retired
Teemu Selanne 40 - He'll stay for another year after the season he just had at age 40.
Mike Modano 40 - My gut says Mike Modano won't go out on an injury-riddled season, but he could. Won the Cup with the Stars.
Doug Weight 40 - Retired
Kris Draper 39 - Draper's aging and Detroit has better players to play over him. He's won 4 Cups, all with the Red Wings. The Red Wings are a classy franchise and will surely keep him in the organization, but they won't be afraid to cut ties with him as a player like they did with Maltby.
Alex Kovalev 38 - He was shipped back to Pittsburgh and he could retire a Penguin and have a happy ending. He knows he's slowed down. He has won the Cup with the Rangers.
Michael Nylander 38 - Hasn't played in the NHL since 08-09. His production dropped significantly upon going to Washington and he's cleared waivers multiple times in the past few years. Now he's 38.
Cory Stillman 37 - I think he has a year left, but it'll only be with Carolina IMO.
Andrew Brunette 37 - He's still a good player. I'm not sure if he'll stay in Minnesota though.
John Madden 37 - Still a good 4th line center. It's Minnesota or retire though.
Todd Marchant 37 - Marchant's had a good career but age is catching him. He won the Cup with the Ducks.
Jason Arnott 36 - Still has a lot left IMO. He'd be a good 3rd line center and a decent 2nd line center on a lot of teams that are weak there.
Steve Sullivan 36 - It depends on his injuries. If he's back to 100%, I think it's Nashville only.
Vaclav Prospal 36 - I think he's still a decent player, but I don't think he's staying in New York.
Mike Grier 36 - Has said it's Buffalo or retire. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays one more year.
Rob Niedermayer 36 - I think it's Buffalo or retire at this point. I don't see him going to another team again.
Frederik Modin 36 - Retired
Scott Nichol 36 - Slowing down but still decent. He's not done I don't think.
Jamal Mayers 36 - Still serviceable but who knows what he'll do.
Jamie Langenbrunner 35 - Has something to offer a team in need of a winger and veteran leadership.
Chris Clark 35 - Still could be a decent bottom 6 guy, but he won't be scoring 30 goals ever again.
Ethan Moreau 35 - Same as Clark, but I think he's more valuable. Decent bottom 6 guy and PKer.
Todd White 35 - Played most of last year in Connecticut. He collected his pay last year nonetheless and I don't see him interesting any teams.
Brendan Morrison 35 - Had a very good season. There'll be interest in him.
Jarkko Ruutu 35 - Could stay in Anaheim but I won't rule out going overseas. Still a good PKer and agitator.
Dave Scatchard 35 - Same as White. He played in the minors last year and I don't see him making an NHL roster.
Fernando Pisani 34 - Decent PKer still but it might be hard to find a contract.
Jeff Halpern 34 - Good bottom 6 guy and a decent faceoff-man.
Ryan Johnson 34 - Still a good PKer and he's got heart. Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay in Chicago.
Radek Dvorak 34 - I think he can still play and be a decent bottom 6 guy and good PKer but I think he'll play overseas.

Defense
Nicklas Lidstrom 40 - Not really much to say here. No way Nick goes out on the season he just had at age 40.
Sean O'Donnell 39 - Good bottom-pairing guy. He should attract interest.
Jassen Cullimore 38 - Played in Rockford for a majority of last year. He's old and won't make an NHL roster IMO.
Roman Hamrlik 37 - Still a good defenseman and he's going to get some interest. He just won't make as much as he did last year and I doubt he remains in Montreal.
Steve Staios 37 - Spent a lot of last year injured and his play has diminished anyway. Has already been broadcasting so I can see him hanging them up and going into that.
Brian Rafalski 37 - Retired
Ruslan Salei 36 - He's not horrible but it might be hard to find a home. He might have to try a PTO.
Sami Salo 36 - I think he's still a good defenseman and I wouldn't be surprised if he stays in Vancouver for a huge discount after the season the team had.
Craig Rivet 36 - Hinted retirement before leaving Buffalo. Unfortunately for me, he'll retire IMO.
Andreas Lilja 35 - Like Salei, it'll be hard to find work. Still a decent bottom-pairing guy but he could need to go the PTO route again.
Bryan McCabe 35 - Still has a lot left. He'll attract some interest but he won't get close to what he's made in his prime.
Jason Strudwick 35 - He stayed last year and he's not getting any younger. The Oilers are trying to get younger and although he's a leader, I don't think he's in the Oilers future plans.
Shane Hnidy 35 - Went back to Boston, signing very late into last year. Won the Cup last night and I think he'll go out on that.
Brent Sopel 34 - He'll attract some interest but he won't be staying in Montreal. Maybe a return to Chicago can happen.
Radek Martinek 34 - A guy teams were interested in at the deadline. Still a good bottom-pairing defensive defenseman who can block shots well. If healthy he'd be a nice 5/6 or 7th.
Brad Lukowich 34 - Not really sure if he'll be in the NHL but I think he can still play if he wants to serve as a mentor to the young guys on an AHL team like he did last year. Won the Cup with the Lightning so he may decide his career is over.

Goaltenders
Dwayne Roloson 41 - Had a great year upon arriving in Tampa Bay last year. I don't think he goes out on being a win away from the SCF.
Chris Osgood 38 - Injuries are getting to him and I don't think he'll ever return to his 07-08 self.
Johan Hedberg 37 - Good backup. I believe he'll re-sign in New Jersey.
Patrick Lalime 36 - Practically has been retired since last year anyway. Hardly played but at least reached the 200 win milestone already.
Martin Gerber 36 - Not sure. He might still have something left, but I have doubts of him getting an NHL job.
Ty Conklin 35 - Not sure, same as Gerber. Could be a guy a team could look to for their AHL affiliate.
Evgeni Nabokov 35 - Who knows. I won't rule out playing for the Islanders eventually, but I don't know what he'll decide. He can still play though.
Marty Turco 35 - Doubtful to be staying in Chicago but I don't think he wants to retire yet. Maybe Florida will be an option.
Jose Theodore 34 - Good backup. He'll get interest if the Wild don't re-sign him.
Brian Boucher 34 - Like Gerber and Conklin, not sure. He's an alright backup, but nothing more. I don't think he'll be staying in Philly.
Jean-Sébastian Giguère 33 - He can be a good backup, but he'll have to realize that he's not a starter anymore and therefore won't get a starter's kind of contract. It's doubtful he'll stay in Toronto though with Reimer and "The Monster" in the Leafs plans.

Took out a few of the guys who either re-signed (Hejduk, Gill) or went overseas (Wallin, Skrastins).

Last edited by Rivet52: 06-16-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Drij

You might want to add Adam Foote as retired.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 08:50 PM
jackfromhamilton

Forwards Age
Mark Recchi 43 1 more year
Teemu Selanne 40 plays for jets this year
Mike Modano 40 one more year
Doug Weight 40
Kris Draper 39

Alex Kovalev 38
Michael Nylander 38

Cory Stilman 37
Andrew Brunette 37
John Madden 37
Todd Marchant 37
Jason Arnott 36
Steve Sullivan 36
Vaclav Prospal 36
Mike Grier 36
Rob Niedermayer 36
Frederik Modin 36
Scott Nichol 36
Jamal Mayers 36
Jamie Langenbrunner 35
Chris Clark 35
Ethan Moreau 35
Milan Hedjuk 35
Todd White 35
Brenadan Morrison 35
Jarkko Ruutu 35
Dave Scatchard 35
Fernando Pisani 34
Jeff Halpern 34
Ryan Johnson 34
Radek Dvorak 34

Defense
Nicklas Lidstrom 40 1 more
Sean O'Donnell 39
Jassen Cullimore 38
Roman Harmlik 37
Steve Staios 37
Brian Rafalski 37
Nicklas Wallin 36
Hall Gill 36
Ruslan Salei 36
Sami Salo 36
Craig Rivet 36
*Karlis Skrastins 36
Andreas Lilja 35
Bryan McCabe 35
Jason Strudwick 35
Shane Hnidy 35
Brent Sopel 34
Radek Martinek 34
Brad Lukowich 34

Goaltenders
Dwayne Roloson 41
Chris Osgood 38
Johan Hedberg 37
Patrick Lalime 36
Martin Gerber 36
Ty Conklikn 35
Evgeni Nabokov 35

Mart Turco 35
Jose Theodore 34
Brian Boucher 34
Jean-Sébastien Giguère 33

jackfromhamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Shaun

Quote:
I ****ing knew it. Yes!

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 09:29 PM
startainfection*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan17 View Post
Rick DiPietro (crosses fingers)
this

startainfection* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
I expect honestly that Turco , Pisani and Sopel will all hang it up

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:01 AM
SpeakingOfTheDevils
Devils Advocate

Quote:
Nice call bro. haha

SpeakingOfTheDevils is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Added Kariya and Marchant to the list

Congrats to udontnohockey, leek, CF94, Ryan Getzlaf, Rivet 52 and Jackfromhamilton who guessed the Marchant's retirement.

I didn't put Kariya in the "poll' though since I was focusing on the 2011 FA.

Old
07-27-2011, 02:12 AM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Updated the first post with the retirements of Draper, Osgood and Lalime

"Old" players still without a contract :

Forwards
Selanne 40
Modano 40
Kovalev 38
Nylander 38
Stilman 37
Madden 37
Grier 36
Chris Clark 35
Moreau 35
Todd White 35
Ruutu 35
Scatchard 35
Pisani 34
Ryan Johnson 34

Defence
Staois 37
Rivet 36
McCabe 35
Strudwick 35
Hnidy 35
Sopel 34

Goaltender
Turco 35

Old
07-27-2011, 02:24 AM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Updated the first post with the retirements of Draper, Osgood and Lalime

"Old" players still without a contract :

Forwards
Selanne 40-I think he comes back, retiring with 80 points and no cup last year, probably wants to try and win another.
Modano 40-DONE, no interested teams
Kovalev 38-DONE, probably KHL fodder
Nylander 38-DONE, KHL fodder or done because of his neck
Stilman 37-He will come back, but the quality of play from him has certainly gone down, maybe a last minute September addition.
Madden 37-He will probably sign somewhere in August, good veteran, someone will take the risk.
Grier 36-Any room on Buffalo? Otherwise, he is probably done unless a team close to Buffalo wants to sign him.
Chris Clark 35-Worried that he is done but he can still be a leader and a good bottom sixer
Moreau 35-I think he could find a team, but injuries have been bothering him for years, retirement is something to ponder.
Todd White 35-DONE, AHL or KHL contract
Ruutu 35-Could go to Finland, KHL, but I like his chances still to stay in the NHL.
Scatchard 35-DONE, AHL contract or retires.
Pisani 34-I think he gets a PTO or a two way deal, but injuries have been brutal and he had a bad season.
Ryan Johnson 34-Will find a team, closer to training camp.

Defence
Staios 37-I think he finds a team, but maybe in a depth role, as a 6 or 7.
Rivet 36-DONE, don't see much left out of him, neither do other teams.
McCabe 35-Will find a role in a top four, probably closer to training camp.
Strudwick 35-DONE, already have heard him on the radio, no interest from teams.
Hnidy 35AHL or Two Way deal, after Winnipeg rejected him, I don't know where he will go.
Sopel 34-Will find a bottom pair role soon.

Goaltender
Turco 35DONE, no spots left, can't see him going to Europe, could become a coach somewhere.
My thoughts are above and my picks to retire are:
Turco, Strudwick, Rivet, Modano, Nylander, Scatchard, T.White, Kovalev, Nylander
Out of these players: Nylander, White, Kovalev, Nylander could all go to Europe

Last edited by Paralyzer008: 07-27-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 08:35 AM
PaulSedin
#lydia2012

robert lang?

PaulSedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 08:46 AM
NoUserNameHere

The Entire Detroit Red Wings Team has Retired!

This just in...

Just before the 2010-2011 NHL Season began, forward Kirk Malty of the Detroit Red Wings announced his retirement. Then, after the Stanley Cup playoffs ended, defenseman Brian Ralfalski, goaltender Chris Osgood and forward Kris Draper also retired. It seemed that next season would be quite difficult for the Detroit Red Wings, as there was no plan on how to replace these players, and several other players might retire as well. That was until team GM Ken Holland came up with a brilliant idea.

At a press conference yesterday, Holland unveiled an ingenious strategy which would take care of the issue. "Chris, Brian, and Kris were all exceptional Red Wing players, and I am proud that they all retired as Detroit Red Wings," Holland said last week. "But frankly we need more [expletive deleted] players than we have to play the game and be competitive. So I needed a plan."

After thinking about the issue over several kegs of beer, Holland came up with an original idea. "Since I don't know if Niklas Lidstrom, Todd Bertuzzi, Danny Cleary, or Tomas Holmstrom will be back next year, or whether they plan to retire, I have decided that effective immediately all current Detroit Red Wings roster players are retired. It's the only way to deal with this."

Team sources indicate that next season's Red Wings team roster will be filled out with players from the Grand Rapids Griffins (the American Hockey League affiliate of the Red Wings), a fair number of unrestricted free agents, and several of the best players from the Moose Jaw Saskatchewan Crescent Heights Thursday Night Beer Buddies Team.

"I don't have any other options here. These players keep retiring and I can't take it this [expletive deleted] anymore. We need to ice a sufficient number of players for next year." said Holland, who then advised that he had received 'Thank You' emails from several of the players who'd been deciding whether they would play another season or not.

"If this works out I might just turn this into an annual event. But it will probably depend on the age of the players we're able to sign." Holland hopes that Red Wings fans are able to keep track of the players, however he's not too concerned about it. "That's what the [expletive delete] program guides are for. Doing this'll make sure fans buy more programs which will bring in more money for us."

;^)

NoUserNameHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Randall Ritchey
TFP Correspondent

Word is former Sen and Blue Jacket goalie, Martin Prusek has retired. He will be missed!

Randall Ritchey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Who retires?

Who do you think will retire this summer? Here is a list of choices:
You can copy/paste the list and put your predictions in bold

Goaltender
Dwayne Roloson 41
Martin Brodeur 39
Johan Hedberg 38
Cristobal Huet 36
Chris Mason 36
Ty Conklin 36
Marty Turco 36
Brent Johnson 35
Scott Clemmensen 34
Martin Biron 34
Andrew Raycroft 32
Alex Auld 31

Defense
Sean O'Donnell 40
Adrian Aucoin 38
Steve Staios 38
Jaroslav Spacek 38
Sami Salo 37
Hal Gill 37
Bryce Salvador 36
Francis Bouillon 36
Radek Martinek 35
Filip Kuba 35
Sheldon Souray 35
Brett Clark 35
Pavel Kubina 35
Mark Eaton 35
Joe Corvo 34
Colin White 34
Mike Mottau 34
Michal Rozsival 33
Cory Sarich 33
Scott Hannan 33
Kent Huskins 33
Jeff Finger 32
Mike Commodore 32
Jim Vandermeer 32
Kurt Sauer 31

Forwards
Teemu Selanne 41
Jaromir Jagr 40
Ray Whitney 39
Mike Knuble 39
Daniel Alfredsson 39
Brian Rolston 39
Tomas Holmstrom 39
Jason Blake 38
Andrew Brunette 38
John Madden 38
Steve Sullivan 37
Jason Arnott 37
Jay Pandolfo 37
Scott Nichol 37
Ryan Smyth 36
Jamie Langenbrunner 36
Brendan Morrison 36
Ethan Moreau 36
Shane Doan 35
Daymond Langkow 35
Mikael Samuelsson 35
Radek Dvorak 35
Jeff Halpern 35
Mathieu Darche 35
Petr Sykora 35
Steven Reinprecht 35
Richard Park 35
Marco Sturm 34
Jochen Hecht 34
Samuel Pahlsson 33
Kristian Huselius 33
Sean Avery 32
Blair Betts 32
Trent Hunter 31
Jonathan Cheechoo 31

Old
06-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Who do you think will retire this summer? Here is a list of choices:
You can copy/paste the list and put your predictions in bold

Goaltender
Dwayne Roloson 41
Martin Brodeur 39
Johan Hedberg 38
Cristobal Huet 36
Chris Mason 36
Ty Conklin 36
Marty Turco 36
Brent Johnson 35
Scott Clemmensen 34
Martin Biron 34
Andrew Raycroft 32
Alex Auld 31

Defense
Sean O'Donnell 40
Adrian Aucoin 38
Steve Staios 38
Jaroslav Spacek 38
Sami Salo 37
Hal Gill 37
Bryce Salvador 36
Francis Bouillon 36
Radek Martinek 35
Filip Kuba 35
Sheldon Souray 35
Brett Clark 35
Pavel Kubina 35
Mark Eaton 35
Joe Corvo 34
Colin White 34
Mike Mottau 34
Michal Rozsival 33
Cory Sarich 33
Scott Hannan 33
Kent Huskins 33
Jeff Finger 32
Mike Commodore 32
Jim Vandermeer 32
Kurt Sauer 31

Forwards
Teemu Selanne 41
Jaromir Jagr 40
Ray Whitney 39
Mike Knuble 39
Daniel Alfredsson 39
Brian Rolston 39
Tomas Holmstrom 39
Jason Blake 38
Andrew Brunette 38
John Madden 38
Steve Sullivan 37
Jason Arnott 37
Jay Pandolfo 37
Scott Nichol 37
Ryan Smyth 36
Jamie Langenbrunner 36
Brendan Morrison 36
Ethan Moreau 36
Shane Doan 35
Daymond Langkow 35
Mikael Samuelsson 35
Radek Dvorak 35
Jeff Halpern 35
Mathieu Darche 35
Petr Sykora 35
Steven Reinprecht 35
Richard Park 35
Marco Sturm 34
Jochen Hecht 34
Samuel Pahlsson 33
Kristian Huselius 33
Sean Avery 32
Blair Betts 32
Trent Hunter 31
Jonathan Cheechoo 31
Bold is who i think will retire. Not sayign the unbold WONT retire.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

edit double post

Old
06-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Panthers607
#CatsAreComing

Sad to see most of the players you grew up with retiring.
Clemmensen is definately not done yet, he'll be resigned by Tallon.

Roloson should be gone, he knows it too.

Panthers607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Goaltender
Dwayne Roloson 41
Martin Brodeur 39 Will play one last year
Johan Hedberg 38
Cristobal Huet 36 Retires or stays in Switzerland
Chris Mason 36