HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

HF Team Board Mock Draft - 20th Overall

View Poll Results: Who do you want the Flyers to select 20th overall?
Derrick Pouliot 8 11.11%
Matt Finn 34 47.22%
Pontus Åberg 4 5.56%
Andrei Vasilevski 3 4.17%
Nicolas Kerdiles 0 0%
Martin Frk 1 1.39%
Malcolm Subban 7 9.72%
Ludvig Byström 10 13.89%
Tom Wilson 4 5.56%
Henrik Samuelsson 1 1.39%
Scott Laughton 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-12-2012, 03:54 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
What makes you think Subban will be a blown pick? It's hard to deny he's talented.
I don't believe in picking goalies in the first round. New school philosophy? Maybe, but you can find talented goalies throughout the draft.

Just like maybe 2 of the top 10 forwards could be first liners. Maybe 2 of the top 10 goalies picked become starters. And how many goalies are picked in the draft?

Obviously the numbers are exact, but it's an example to explain that the law of averages is very much in effect. Unless you need a goalie and you believe him to be far and away better than the rest, there is no particular reason to take him in the first. Late second and third round is where you take goalies you like.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:48 AM
bp spec

vCash: 50
Matt Finn.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

I voted for Finn but really like Skjei but he was not on the list. I still think that Homer will have something up his sleeve as far as our defense goes before the draft so we will be able to pick the BPA at 20 as long as it is not a goalie.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:43 PM
daynus

i do not like any on the list

i vote for trade down. this is a weak draft. pretty good depth at d, but no superstars. why keep a pick in a weak draft. homer is gonna be grinding the phone lines looking for a good young dman, or trading down looking for multi picks, round 1 and 2 in 12. the names i will fire out are zharkov,wilson. not at 20, you would have to be mad to do that. later on they will still be their. and if we snagged them both, look out. in a few years a line of noebels,wilson,zharkov, would be pretty sexy. a physical line, with some offense.

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynus View Post
i vote for trade down. this is a weak draft. pretty good depth at d, but no superstars. why keep a pick in a weak draft. homer is gonna be grinding the phone lines looking for a good young dman, or trading down looking for multi picks, round 1 and 2 in 12. the names i will fire out are zharkov,wilson. not at 20, you would have to be mad to do that. later on they will still be their. and if we snagged them both, look out. in a few years a line of noebels,wilson,zharkov, would be pretty sexy. a physical line, with some offense.
Only problem is at least one of them has zero offensive ability. I don't know anything about Zharkov.

Go For It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:16 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Only problem is at least one of them has zero offensive ability. I don't know anything about Zharkov.
And none of them play center.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 03:10 AM
PhilaFlyers

Went with Bystrom on the poll, would actually like to see the Flyers take Skjei though.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:01 PM
facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I don't believe in picking goalies in the first round. New school philosophy? Maybe, but you can find talented goalies throughout the draft.

Just like maybe 2 of the top 10 forwards could be first liners. Maybe 2 of the top 10 goalies picked become starters. And how many goalies are picked in the draft?

Obviously the numbers are exact, but it's an example to explain that the law of averages is very much in effect. Unless you need a goalie and you believe him to be far and away better than the rest, there is no particular reason to take him in the first. Late second and third round is where you take goalies you like.
I agree usually but in this case he could be the BPA. If Holmer pulls a deal for a top notch dman, it would cleanup our defense and we have obvious offense, why not develop a goalie and create the buzz that vancouver is right now.

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Why isn't lindholm, koekkoek, Thrower, Maata, or Pokka on the list.....?

Giroux 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:27 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I think Finn's hockey IQ is what helps him win the day as far as this mock draft is concerned. Not interested in Pouliot honestly. He's a good player, but not the guy we want.

One player I don't want is Subban. (Or Wilson) But yeah, sa cryed is right. Vasilevski is a better goalie, and I don't think we need to take him at 20. Let another team blow their pick on Subban.
Dansk is better than both.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:29 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
Why isn't lindholm, koekkoek, Thrower, Maata, or Pokka on the list.....?
Every player besides Pokka and Thrower were already selected.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:47 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Dansk is better than both.
Goalies really are a crapshoot, so we're just throwing around opinions anymore, but what do you like about Dansk to hold him in such high regard?

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 10:52 AM
daynus

the home runs our scouts come up with

leaves me in a position to sit back, and let these guys run the show. not fans on hockeys future boards. with the 6th pick, hammarstrom says, this peter forsberg, whom the genius scouts at central scouting have ranked in the 20s, are out to lunch. this guy is gonna be a home run. now at pick 22, after montreal whiffed on chouinard, simon nolet says, this simon gagne is the guy for us. this guy checks, competes, and he has a high ceiling. pick 22, central scouting has some stiffs sitting in their lists. claude giroux is the guy we want. this large eastern euro, dainus zubrus, he is like a bear out their. justin williams, a power forward, this guy is. so people i would be shocked, if their is a guy from the list of great flyer picks, are available in this weak draft class. but if one is, i have the utmost confidence with this scouting crew, that if anyone can find a diamond, these guys can.

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote