HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier

Old
06-12-2012, 01:03 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
They're gonna get a nice bump from their respective deals. Lewis is gonna go up to about 1.3, Nolan might hit 2 and Voynov is gonna be up in the air depending on how he plays next year. So that's a couple million for the three and Quick is gonna get 6.5-7.5...

When you have guys with huge deals, you have to cut somewhere. Backup goaltender is the first place teams look.
Frist off nolon isnt getting anywhere near 2 millon He will be lucky to get 800 k. He isnt worth 2. The thing u need to know is dean is good and getting fair prices and isnt afraid of saying no and waiting u out. ( see drew doughty signing) He also has backed out of free agent signings when he thought to expensive ( see gabrick and kolvochuk) In my opinion hes one of the few gms that dont give out ridulous contracts. Yes he gambles alot on injured players ( williams mitchel handus gagne) but so far has gotten money worth out of them imo. Slava is someone that will get a bump up in pay he ll proberly get less the jack johnson money on the rfa contract. You also forgot Robert Scuderi and his 3,400,000 and Simon Gagne s 3,500,000 million is also off the books so plenty of money to sign them all

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:10 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
How will sitting on the bench another year or two bring up his value?
well if we do keep him i think he would see more games. One of the reasons he didnt see more action i think is the team didnt seem to score with him. I seem to recall a stat saying they only scored 8 goals in 9 of his starts.With carter there now and hopefully a better replace ment on the 2nd or 1st line lw Goals shouldnt be a probelm.Thus giving quick more of a rest and Bernier more games. If he plays more he would riase his value.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Frist off nolon isnt getting anywhere near 2 millon He will be lucky to get 800 k. He isnt worth 2. The thing u need to know is dean is good and getting fair prices and isnt afraid of saying no and waiting u out. ( see drew doughty signing) He also has backed out of free agent signings when he thought to expensive ( see gabrick and kolvochuk) In my opinion hes one of the few gms that dont give out ridulous contracts. Yes he gambles alot on injured players ( williams mitchel handus gagne) but so far has gotten money worth out of them imo. Slava is someone that will get a bump up in pay he ll proberly get less the jack johnson money on the rfa contract. You also forgot Robert Scuderi and his 3,400,000 and Simon Gagne s 3,500,000 million is also off the books so plenty of money to sign them all
You always have expiring gys like Scuderi and Gagne, but they also have to be replaced and money moves from guy to guy.

You just cant have a high priced backup goaltender when you have a top paid guy like Quick will be. I mean maybe for a year or so, but not for another couple of years and beyond.

I fully expect Bernier to be traded in the next year. Not sure it happens this summer though. A lot will depend on the Harding/Luongo situations. Tampa really is the only partner for the Kings right now. Also expect Tampa to do something with their 2nd #1 and 1st #2 making sure they get Dansk or Subban.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:13 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Schneider is worth more now than at this point last year. Same would happen to Bernier as he plays more games.
Unless Quick tanks, I don't see Bernier getting many starts. Schneider's value skyrocketed because he was actually challenging for and won a starting role. Bernier hasn't done that yet, despite expectations that it would happen, and banking on him doing it next year with how Quick is playing is, uh, I'll be generous and call it wishful thinking.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Unless Quick tanks, I don't see Bernier getting many starts. Schneider's value skyrocketed because he was actually challenging for and won a starting role. Bernier hasn't done that yet, despite expectations that it would happen, and banking on him doing it next year with how Quick is playing is, uh, I'll be generous and call it wishful thinking.
very true. i think they have been expecting bernier to steal that spot for the past two season and he has failed.

06-12-2012, 01:19 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
I would Love to see Bernier in a Leaf jersey and he should be cheaper than Lou. Gunnarsson plus the 35th or Kadri+35th should get the wheels greased.
I dont see the kings interested in Gunnarsson at all. The have one of the best defense in the league and more nhl ready defenseman on the farm team. As far as Kadri he does hold some interest but not for Bernier more like Andrei Loktionov. I think if the leafs were interest it would be around the 5th (of course we would add but im sure u dont want that) or Nikolai Kulemin also pieces added from both sides

Old
06-12-2012, 01:26 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
You always have expiring gys like Scuderi and Gagne, but they also have to be replaced and money moves from guy to guy.

You just cant have a high priced backup goaltender when you have a top paid guy like Quick will be. I mean maybe for a year or so, but not for another couple of years and beyond.

I fully expect Bernier to be traded in the next year. Not sure it happens this summer though. A lot will depend on the Harding/Luongo situations. Tampa really is the only partner for the Kings right now. Also expect Tampa to do something with their 2nd #1 and 1st #2 making sure they get Dansk or Subban.
I think the backup role in the kings situation will be handle by rookie goalies for the next while The kings have alot of young promising goalies coming martin jones Jeff Zatkoff Jean-Francois Berube and chis gibson So i dont see the postion being expensive for a longgggggggggg time

Old
06-12-2012, 01:57 PM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

Quote:
I dont see the kings interested in Gunnarsson at all. The have one of the best defense in the league and more nhl ready defenseman on the farm team. As far as Kadri he does hold some interest but not for Bernier more like Andrei Loktionov. I think if the leafs were interest it would be around the 5th (of course we would add but im sure u dont want that) or Nikolai Kulemin also pieces added from both sides
Id much rather have Bernier that Lou even tho Lou is better for now. Its really hard to say who would cost more in a trade, earlier I think I said that Bernier would be cheaper but in hindsight Lou should be the cheaper trade despite what Nuck fans think/hope. I'd be ok with Kadri+Kulmin+35th for Bernier+30th

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:07 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
very true. i think they have been expecting bernier to steal that spot for the past two season and he has failed.
But has he? I think the situation has a lot more to do with Quick emerging into an elite goaltender rather than something that Bernier has/hasn't done.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
But has he? I think the situation has a lot more to do with Quick emerging into an elite goaltender rather than something that Bernier has/hasn't done.
Well he hasn't and wasn't exactly overwhelming when he did get the chances, not to me atleast, even in last years WHC I didn't find him that great as people tout him to be.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
So why "sell" a guy near his low (after a kind of lackluster) season when the team infront of him is playing solid defensively? You don't. Quicks isn't going to be playing 82 games next year - no matter how well he's playing. Bernier will get his starts and if he performs to his ability, his value will increase vs the 0.908 save percentage he achieved this past season.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:56 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
Id much rather have Bernier that Lou even tho Lou is better for now. Its really hard to say who would cost more in a trade, earlier I think I said that Bernier would be cheaper but in hindsight Lou should be the cheaper trade despite what Nuck fans think/hope. I'd be ok with Kadri+Kulmin+35th for Bernier+30th
To be honest i think thats a fair offer but i only want Kulemin if the kings dont sign parise. So if when he does sign elsewhere i offer kadri + Kulemin + 3rd in 13 for Bernier and a 2nd in 13

Old
06-12-2012, 03:07 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Well he hasn't and wasn't exactly overwhelming when he did get the chances, not to me atleast, even in last years WHC I didn't find him that great as people tout him to be.
I'm going to respectfully disagree. If you look at his season in 2009-10 with Manchester, he was playing nearly every game for the Monarchs. I believe he got a callup late in the season (March) when Quick was out and he played over Ersberg. He was phenomenal in his first game (a shootout with Dallas, I think). The numbers for his next two NHL games were also stellar, given the small sample.

Bernier's stats: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=80398

Now, this was a guy whose confidence was at an all-time high. Playing 90% of his team's games and being almost perfect positionally. As small as he appeared to me, his positioning has always stood out when I've seen him. Now, over the past two seasons, he's played in 41 out of 162 regular season games. As a goalie who relies on repetition to stay sharp, practice can only do so much. Beyond that, his numbers have been quite respectable.

By comparison, Quick has been playing close to 80% of the time and absolutely come into his own. I can't see where anyone could think that Bernier's lack of playing time has to do with him. It's so apparent that Quick's emergence has caused Bernier to go from "goalie of the future" to trade chip.

Quick's stats: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=87893

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:23 PM
thewill78

Bernier for Malone?

thewill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:27 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewill78 View Post
Bernier for Malone?
Never happen Malone will never wave his no trade contract. he would loose to much cash in taxes. Only team u might get him to wave to is pittsburgh

Old
06-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
I'm going to respectfully disagree. If you look at his season in 2009-10 with Manchester, he was playing nearly every game for the Monarchs. I believe he got a callup late in the season (March) when Quick was out and he played over Ersberg. He was phenomenal in his first game (a shootout with Dallas, I think). The numbers for his next two NHL games were also stellar, given the small sample.

Bernier's stats: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=80398

Now, this was a guy whose confidence was at an all-time high. Playing 90% of his team's games and being almost perfect positionally. As small as he appeared to me, his positioning has always stood out when I've seen him. Now, over the past two seasons, he's played in 41 out of 162 regular season games. As a goalie who relies on repetition to stay sharp, practice can only do so much. Beyond that, his numbers have been quite respectable.

By comparison, Quick has been playing close to 80% of the time and absolutely come into his own. I can't see where anyone could think that Bernier's lack of playing time has to do with him. It's so apparent that Quick's emergence has caused Bernier to go from "goalie of the future" to trade chip.

Quick's stats: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=87893
I see he has posted good numbers for sure, heck they are stellar but from the time I have seen him I wasn't that impressed. So I am still on the other side of the line, as regards to Bernier's potential. If he does prove me wrong, kudos !

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 05:33 AM
TopT

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I don't think too many people believe that. I believe Bernier will bring in a handsome haul, but at the time of that trade Colorado looked like they gave up an absolute ton. I don't think even colorado believed they would be as good as the were.
Who doesnt believe that ?
the same package that got Varlamov was offered to LA and they didnt take it.
Man, there is some crazy talk in this thread; guys do you think that bashing Bernier on HF will lower his valeue in real world ? He is to short, he is a bust, or my favorite he is not proven. Well then if you want proven I am sure that are a lot of goalies in the league with lower price.
The price is top prospect+ 1st round pick (Lombardi). If you dont like it move along.

TopT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewill78 View Post
Bernier for Malone?
Before Carter, maybe, but not now. And Malone has refused to waive his NTC for L.A. twice now.

I could see some combination of Bernier, Drewiske/Hickey/Muzzin, and Loktionov for one or both of the Lightning's 1st's, Connolly, and maybe Garon.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopT View Post
The price is top prospect+ 1st round pick (Lombardi). If you dont like it move along.
Your price or your GM's? If the GM's do you have a link to show he is currently asking that?

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:09 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Bernier will be traded unless they get the feeling that Quick wants to go somewhere else. Bernier's cap hit of 1.25 is too much for a guy who will only get 10 games. Sutter likes to play the number 1 goalie whenever possible.

If we resign Stoll, Loki and Bernier go to Tampa for something.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Before Carter, maybe, but not now. And Malone has refused to waive his NTC for L.A. twice now.
I keep hearing this, but I've never seen anything to confirm it.

Quote:
I could see some combination of Bernier, Drewiske/Hickey/Muzzin, and Loktionov for one or both of the Lightning's 1st's, Connolly, and maybe Garon.
I seriously doubt that Yzerman will give up both firsts. It's the opinion of many here that he acquired Detroit's first to use in a trade, but he's been pretty adamant about keeping his high picks. Not sure about trading Garon - if we do that we have to find another experienced goalie, I don't picture us heading into the new season with Bernier and someone from Norfolk with even less experience.

Old
06-13-2012, 12:30 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
Your price or your GM's? If the GM's do you have a link to show he is currently asking that?
Well im not sure how credible u ll find this source but kings blogger matt berry has said it serveral times in his blogs. It does make sence for malone to say no hes settled on the east coast sign a nmc conmtact because he likes it there. He also makes more money due to the tax laws. I ve also seen it posted in the forums serveral times that he will only move to goto pitts.ppps wrong quote lol

i ment it for this quote I keep hearing this, but I've never seen anything to confirm it.

Last edited by KingCanadain1976: 06-13-2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: answer wrong quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:31 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:

Thats not gonna happen, talk about serious overpayment. Bernier himself will probably get the 19th and maybe a 2nd, Connolly is better than Loktionov so we can just keep him. Want no part of Hickey/Drewiske Muzzin yes but for a pick or a prospect of ours, then you want our starter too. How bout Bernier+Muzzin for 19th+50th+5th?

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Well im not sure how credible u ll find this source but kings blogger matt berry has said it serveral times in his blogs. It does make sence for malone to say no hes settled on the west coast sign a nmc conmtact because he likes it there. He also makes more money due to the tax laws. I ve also seen it posted in the forums serveral times that he will only move to goto pitts.
I think those are people's opinions, not verified facts. I don't doubt Malone wouldn't waive for anywhere but Pittsburgh, but I've never seen anything concrete to suggest he's even been asked once, much less twice, to waive.

Old
06-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:

I'm sure you could see that...in your dreams

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote