HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Briere Suspension

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Garry Valk

vCash: 500
Briere Suspension

Was anyone else really confused by this? Was it not completely accidental? I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

Old
04-03-2006, 07:16 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk
Was anyone else really confused by this? Was it not completely accidental? I feel like I am taking crazy pills.
It looked like he took a blatent dive and in the process high sticked the Boston player. Instead of giving a suspension for diving they gave it for high sticking

Old
04-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Kirk Muller

I only saw one angle, but it looked like a pathetic suspension. High sticks happen every game, and that one was no worse than 95% of them. But the league has never been even remotely consistent in terms of suspensions. Its like they just throw out a few here and there just to make it look like they are doing something. IMO Kovalev and Tuckers forearm shivers were more suspension worthy.

Old
04-03-2006, 11:39 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHABSFAN
It looked like he took a blatent dive and in the process high sticked the Boston player. Instead of giving a suspension for diving they gave it for high sticking
I kinda got the feeling Leetch with the cheap trip from behind. It looked accidental to me.

Old
04-04-2006, 09:42 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk
You're not alone. I keep turning to people around me and ask them why was he suspended, and they just shrug... NO ONE is giving me a streit answer...

... but then again I'm taking crazy pills... so. Don't trust me.. trust ZNK.

Old
04-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
I only saw one angle, but it looked like a pathetic suspension. High sticks happen every game, and that one was no worse than 95% of them. But the league has never been even remotely consistent in terms of suspensions. Its like they just throw out a few here and there just to make it look like they are doing something. IMO Kovalev and Tuckers forearm shivers were more suspension worthy.
Agree 100%. After the whole Kovalev-Tucker incident, I can't believe something like that warrants a suspension.

As for Tucker last night, I'd think that would deserve a suspension but I won't be surprised when it doesn't come.

Old
04-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Phailak

I'm in a tight race in my pool and Brière was putting up some crazy points, losing him for 2 games might kill me. It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

Old
04-04-2006, 01:19 PM
GaineysRightHandMan

i think losing Briere for two games made me lose my yahoo pool. I ended up tieing 4-4 but lost because the other team beat me in goals. Now that it wasn't a good suspension, makes it even worse. If he received much penalty minutes for this action, I would have won the pool too. How many penalty minutes did he get for this? I just looked . ZERO PENALTY MINUTES. HOW IN THE WORLD DID HE GET SUSPENDED AND NO PENALTY?

Closed Thread