06-12-2012, 02:03 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
2012 NHL Entry Draft - Part III |4PM PST|

Quote:
Eric Stephens (@icemancometh)
6/21/12 8:21 PM
Along w/No. 6 pick, Ducks have selections at No. 36 (2nd), No. 87 (3rd), Nos. 97 and 108 (4th), No. 127 (5th) and Nos. 187 and 210 (7th).

Starting eleven days from now, Friday 22nd, in Pittsburgh, PA.

Part I: [LINK]
Part II: [LINK]

Some final rankings:
Some mock drafts:

Last edited by Unholy: 06-22-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:10 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

God I pray for Grigorenko.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:21 AM
DuckJet
HF Bad boy

vCash: 69
Only if Gally isn't there.

Yakupov
Grigorenko
Galchenyuk
Murray
Forsberg
Dumba
Trouba
Reinhart

if we can get any of those 8 guys I'll be a happy camper.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:35 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I don't know if it was mentioned or not but I was reading more quotes from the select a seat on the Ducks website and Murray said it was top 6 or bust for Etem, he wouldn't keep him around in a bottom 6 role.

He was also quoted saying that he didn't want to add in many more than one young player to start the year. Which is pretty vague but I take it to mean only one of Holland/Palmieri/Etem will be on the team to start the year.
Yes, Etem is either on top 2 lines or AHL. He just don`t want him to play only 5 minutes a game. And that is the right choise imo.

And i wondered who counts as a young player in Murray`s mind. Palmieri and McMillan still counts as youngsters? I`m sure Bonino can be counted as veteran.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:54 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Why are we talking about Gagner? Bob Murray explicitly stated we're going to get bigger and tougher
I see us taking Reinhart if we're at 6, especially if the top center prospects are gone. He seems to fit our draft profile and alot of people seem very high on his potential

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?id=21
Quote:
Murray on the upcoming draft: "Right now, centers are at a premium as much as defensemen are. If we stay at the sixth pick, we’ll get a defenseman or a centerman, one of the two, which is very good because you build your team from those guys. But if you want to make changes to your hockey team, this is the point in time you do it. The next couple of weeks could be interesting.
Sounds like the pick is definitely in play

Last edited by KEEROLE Vatanen: 06-12-2012 at 06:39 AM.
KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:17 AM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
God I pray for Grigorenko.
This.

I've been on the Grigorenko train since day 1 and if both he and Galchenyuk were available I'd take Mikhail without even thinking twice. This kid screams superstar IMO.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:22 AM
ericnut

I'm pretty convinced Murray is going to move the pick. He's probably on the hot seat, and he can't wait for the pick to develop.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:22 PM
airforceones25

I personally think that Grigorenko can step in from day 1 and play in this league. I believe he and Murray are the two most NHL ready players expected to go in the top 10. Not only that but I can easily see him putting up Landeskog type numbers in his first year as well.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
I'm pretty convinced Murray is going to move the pick. He's probably on the hot seat, and he can't wait for the pick to develop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
I personally think that Grigorenko can step in from day 1 and play in this league. I believe he and Murray are the two most NHL ready players expected to go in the top 10. Not only that but I can easily see him putting up Landeskog type numbers in his first year as well.
I would agree with this. I think his size gives him a huge advantage when it comes to adjusting to the physical game. Similar to Couturier this year.

I seriously think he can step in next year and play huge minutes.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:11 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 50
I'm all on the Grigorenko hype train, but I'm not sure about NHL readiness. I think there are quotes from a few sources (notably Roy and some NHL team's GM or coach or something) that he needs another year.

Although Roy saying this could just be him trying to get the player back for another year.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Gibson Les Palms

I'll hop on the Grigo wagon as well. Button rates him pretty low in his latest rating, but it doesn't really mean anything. He'll still be a high pick.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Added some links to some of the final rankings and some recent mock drafts to the first post.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Unagi

I really don't want us to move the pick, that will bite us in the ass eventually. Plus I dont trust Murray to make a benefitial deal for us.

I can't picture the Ducks selecting an injured Russian, whose work ethic has been in question so much. We don't have that gambling philosophy here. I am pretty sure our shortlist looks like that:

1. Teravainen (Finish guy...we like those Finish boys)
2. Reinhart (especially since BM made that lack of size comment)
3. Forsberg
4. Murray
5. Dumba/Rielly

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Actually, I'm not sure if Teravainen could be considered that much less of a gamble than Grigs. I always had the feeling that Reinhart would be a guy we'd like. Interesting to see his recent rise.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Actually, I'm not sure if Teravainen could be considered that much less of a gamble than Grigs. I always had the feeling that Reinhart would be a guy we'd like. Interesting to see his recent rise.
You could be right. I have a strong feeling we could be looking at Reinhard as well. Big body on the blueline...sounds like the guy we would be looking at. I'd prefer Dumba but since I WANT him, I'm not gonna get him

Old
06-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
You could be right. I have a strong feeling we could be looking at Reinhard as well. Big body on the blueline...sounds like the guy we would be looking at. I'd prefer Dumba but since I WANT him, I'm not gonna get him
I mean, this really doesn't mean much as I haven't seen either play, but based on what I've been reading about the two, I think I'd prefer Reinhart. I get the impression that Dumba is getting all there is out of his body and might have less room to actually grow, while I could see Reinhart having more high end NHL potential with the game he supposedly plays.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Unagi

Quote:
I mean, this really doesn't mean much as I haven't seen either play, but based on what I've been reading about the two, I think I'd prefer Reinhart. I get the impression that Dumba is getting all there is out of his body and might have less room to actually grow, while I could see Reinhart having more high end NHL potential with the game he supposedly plays.
I haven't seen either play my opinions are based on what I have read. Dumba IMO is getting a lot of hype due to his personality. He is flashy and outgoing, the media picks up on that.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:31 PM
DuckJet
HF Bad boy

Quote:
I really don't want us to move the pick, that will bite us in the ass eventually. Plus I dont trust Murray to make a benefitial deal for us.

I can't picture the Ducks selecting an injured Russian, whose work ethic has been in question so much. We don't have that gambling philosophy here. I am pretty sure our shortlist looks like that:

3. Forsberg
4. Murray
5. Dumba/Rielly
Teravainen is small and light. That completely goes against everything we're trying to do. Reinhart really doesn't use his size. That could count against him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I'm all on the Grigorenko hype train, but I'm not sure about NHL readiness. I think there are quotes from a few sources (notably Roy and some NHL team's GM or coach or something) that he needs another year.

Although Roy saying this could just be him trying to get the player back for another year.
From what I've seen he's strong and smart enough for the NHL, it's gonna be a question about what's best for his career and how much worse are the Ducks without him. Just like Fowler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
He absolutely can. If the return isn't satisfactory you don't move it. You don't trade a pick for crap just because it's the best crap being offered. If it's like Plekanec, or someone of that calibur then yeah we absolutely should, but if it's another Cogliano type guy, then hold the pick. His comments are cookie cutter stuff that we hear from every GM picking high every year. This is no new indication. He spent more time talking about the talent available than the possibility of moving the pick.

Last edited by DuckJet: 06-12-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old
06-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Reinhart really doesn't use his size. That could count against him.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only heard that he doesn't use his size enough, or to a degree where he'd be as physical as Dumba, but still is physical enough. Not like Fowler not using his size in his draft year, for example.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:40 PM
DuckJet
HF Bad boy

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only heard that he doesn't use his size enough, or to a degree where he'd be as physical as Dumba, but still is physical enough. Not like Fowler not using his size in his draft year, for example.
I heard his physicality is totally absent and is his biggest downfall at the moment. He plays a positional game. That's not exactly a bad thing. I'm not saying that if a guy is as big as Reinhart he should be playing like Dumba or he's not worth the pick...it's just something to consider. From what I saw of him in the Memorial Cup and a few regular season games...he is very reserved. I mean he's got good poise but he doesn't play with much intensity. Again it's not something that should knock anyone's favor of him, but it makes me concerned...like how will that translate into the pro game? Personally I'd rather go just a bit smaller and take Trouba if it's one of the two. Most people do anyway. But either would be a decent pick.

Old
06-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:

3. Forsberg
4. Murray
5. Dumba/Rielly
You think Grigorenko is more of a gamble then Teravainen and a 6'4 dmen who doesnt use his size for position or anything? If Murray is there he takes him over any other defender.

Quote:
I have watched hilghights and a coupele games (some more closely then others) and he did not impress me. He is huge but is not a hitter and doesnt use his size much at all. He is 5th on my list of dmen.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Grigorenko or Dumba, one or the other will be available. Those are my guys. Now that the nightmare is over, I'm very much looking forward to the draft.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post

Roy's absolutely biased on that one, any junior coach would say the same thing. Pats HC told me that about Kopitar too and he definitely didn't need it. Grigorenko could stand to get more phyiscal from what I've heard, but otherwise definitely seems NHL ready. No matter what he'll definitely get the 9 games and go from there.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:17 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Roy's absolutely biased on that one, any junior coach would say the same thing. Pats HC told me that about Kopitar too and he definitely didn't need it. Grigorenko could stand to get more phyiscal from what I've heard, but otherwise definitely seems NHL ready. No matter what he'll definitely get the 9 games and go from there.
I know that Roy clearly has a reason to say otherwise, and I don't know about his history with other players in this position... but I do know that NCAA football and basketball coaches are also frequently in a very similar position. And I think they mostly, but not always, tell it like it is.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:26 PM
duari91

I never really follow the draft stuff until around this point. Not sure if it has been discussed before, but which Dman that we have a chance in getting, will have the best chance of making the greatest impact at the NHL level? I don't necessarily mean "potential", but the player who has the best overall ability as of right NOW.

duari91 is offline   Reply With Quote