HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phi-cbj

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Frodo Baggins

vCash: 500
Phi-cbj

Not sure what to list this under, (a little new to the site) but this could be a proposal if you don't want to believe this "******* ********" character on twitter. I don't tend to follow all of these anonymous tweeters but this guy actually broke a few minor deals that occured on the deadline.

Take this as a proposal if you'd rather haha.
but these are his latest posts...
Kind of interesting/a big trade if the flyers are actually considering this.

http://cl.ly/473y0a3X1g3J1d171Q45/Sc...59.53%20PM.png

According to this guy or fraud, whatever, the flyers are looking at Nash (no surprise) and Jack Johnson. Apparently their after Jack Johnson in the deal because Suter doesn't want to sign in Philly at all and negotiations for Enstrom aren't working.

Also, since the thought of adding Jack Johnson in the Nash package is making CBJ more hesistant, the flyers are trying to acquire the 2nd overall pick if not.

Sorry guys, this dude could be a complete fraud who has absolutely no life but the proposal seems like a pretty decent one...

enjoy.

Some if not all of these apparently. Guessing it would vary if they can't get Johnson in the package and the 2nd pick instead.

PHI:

JVR
Read
Couturier
1st 2012 pick

CBJ:

Nash
Jack Johnson OR 2nd overall pick 2012

Old
06-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Crede777
Deputized

I would rather have Jack Johnson or the 2nd overall. I have very little interest in Read given the fact that Columbus has a plethora of young, small, speedy forwards. I have very little interest in JVR given his performance up until now and his injury. Couturier is nice, but Columbus should take the risk and try to land a top center in the draft.

Also, congratulations Holmgren. By acquiring Nash you are undoing all the work you did last offseason when you moved large contracts and got younger (barring Bryz).

Last edited by Crede777: 06-12-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old
06-12-2012, 08:04 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Steal for Philly IMHO, but still a plausible proposal. Couturier is probably worth similar to the 2nd overall from Colmbus's POV (up and coming young two-way C, future top 2 C's set for the next decade and don't have to take a risk on another russian). That would leaf Nash for JVR + Read....

Old
06-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Jack Johnson = 2nd overall?

Old
06-12-2012, 08:07 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Well there's absolutely no way the Jackets would include their 2nd overall pick in that deal. I also don't see why they'd trade Johnson.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:08 PM
SheasRebellion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Change the 2nd overall or Jack Johnson to something of less value.

Also, congratulations Holmgren. By acquiring Nash you are undoing all the work you did last offseason when you moved large contracts and got younger (barring Bryz).
No. If you take away the 2nd ovr or johnson this is a big no from Philly.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheasRebellion6 View Post
No. If you take away the 2nd ovr or johnson this is a big no from Philly.
Ok? As is it should be a big no from Columbus.

I would offer Nash straight up for a package from Philly that doesn't include JVR. Otherwise I'd look to deal him elsewhere. Also, as I kind of pointed out, Nash to Philly would be nice but Philly should look at other things.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:10 PM
YuioIklo

I hope it's not Couturier.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:11 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Agreed.

JVR at this point is quite overpaid.
Matt Read had a fine rookie season, but he's turning 26 in 2 days.
Couturier looks like he has a bright future, but he's not a slam dunk to be a top 6 guy either.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:11 PM
SheasRebellion6

JVR, Bob, MAB, 1st '12 and 2nd '13 for 2nd overall.

Last edited by SheasRebellion6: 06-12-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old
06-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:

I would offer Nash straight up for a package from Philly that doesn't include JVR. Otherwise I'd look to deal him elsewhere.
I think it's pretty close. I mean, Couturier was an absolute stud and huge piece for philly this past season. He was the penalty kill and also contributed points playing only on the 4th line and penalty kill. If he gets time on CBJ as a 2nd or 3rd liner, he's going to do even more. Read was a steal for philly. He has an absolute snipe of a shot and incredible speed. He had plenty of clutch goals this past season and it was only his 1st in the NHL, he lead all rookies. Everyone knows about JVR and his bursts of greatness. He's inconsistent due to injuries and minor slumps but he's still a rookie adjusting his game. I think what he showed in the 2011 playoffs says alot. And the 1st round pick is just to sweeten the deal. I think it's rather fair. The dude who tweeted all this also mentioned brieres name but there is no way he would waive his NTC to go to CBJ.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:16 PM
phillyflyerfan1992
@ahthorne

If Couturier gets traded I will ****ing snap. Hell no. Why not JVR+Read+1st for Nash? Probably not enough for CBJ fans...

Would love to have Nash and Johnson, though. 2nd overall would be nice too but I prefer established players like Couturier as opposed to the pick, especially if we end up drafting another forward when we obviously need defensemen.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:17 PM
bobafettish*

brutal for cbj

Old
06-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseonewillis View Post
I think it's pretty close. I mean, Couturier was an absolute stud and huge piece for philly this past season. He was the penalty kill and also contributed points playing only on the 4th line and penalty kill. If he gets time on CBJ as a 2nd or 3rd liner, he's going to do even more. Read was a steal for philly. He has an absolute snipe of a shot and incredible speed. He had plenty of clutch goals this past season and it was only his 1st in the NHL, he lead all rookies. Everyone knows about JVR and his bursts of greatness. He's inconsistent due to injuries and minor slumps but he's still a rookie adjusting his game. I think what he showed in the 2011 playoffs says alot. And the 1st round pick is just to sweeten the deal. I think it's rather fair. The dude who tweeted all this also mentioned brieres name but there is no way he would waive his NTC to go to CBJ.
That's fine but consider the fact that Columbus's GM has gone on record as being against trading both Nash and the 2nd overall together.

He could get more if he traded them separately. If Columbus loses Nash, they will need a face of the franchise. Short term, that's Jack Johnson so he can't be moved. Long term, it would be nice to have the 2nd overall player like Galchenyuk, Forsberg, or Yakupov in the unlikely case that he falls. It isn't just about compiling a competitive team, it's about generating interest in Columbus and to do that you need a star who isn't a 2nd line center that can do the PK (Couturier), an oft injured and underperforming winger (JVR), or Matt Read.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:20 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflyerfan1992 View Post
If Couturier gets traded I will ****ing snap. Hell no. Why not JVR+Read+1st for Nash? Probably not enough for CBJ fans...

Would love to have Nash and Johnson, though. 2nd overall would be nice too but I prefer established players like Couturier as opposed to the pick, especially if we end up drafting another forward when we obviously need defensemen.
I love how Couturier has played 1 season and was drafted 8th overall and is established but the 2nd overall isn't

Old
06-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
JVR at this point is quite overpaid.
Matt Read had a fine rookie season, but he's turning 26 in 2 days.
Couturier looks like he has a bright future, but he's not a slam dunk to be a top 6 guy either.
Deal will be a steal in the near future.
Irrelevant.
Then you have not seen him play enough. His floor is 2nd line C.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
That's fine but consider the fact that Columbus's GM has gone on record as being against trading both Nash and the 2nd overall together.

He could get more if he traded them separately. If Columbus loses Nash, they will need a face of the franchise. Short term, that's Jack Johnson so he can't be moved. Long term, it would be nice to have the 2nd overall player like Galchenyuk, Forsberg, or Yakupov in the unlikely case that he falls. It isn't just about compiling a competitive team, it's about generating interest in Columbus and to do that you need a star who isn't a 2nd line center that can do the PK (Couturier), an oft injured and underperforming winger (JVR), or Matt Read.
Understood. I didn't know Howson went on record to say he won't be trading Nash and 2nd overall together. I feel like that's kind of silly since this isn't a blow away draft and he could get an enormous return for both of them together.

I dont know, I guess we'll see what happens. I can't see Nash making it on CBJ roster after the off season. It was awkward to see all of the public talk about him asking to be traded and it not happening on the deadline day.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Doug19

That is a terrible trade for Columbus, I think it can easily be said he's a fraud and making up rumors.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:25 PM
phillyflyerfan1992
@ahthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
I love how Couturier has played 1 season and was drafted 8th overall and is established but the 2nd overall isn't
... I've watched Couturier all year. He's shown he can play in the pros and play PK and solid checking line assignments. 2nd overall will be a great player, no doubt, but I like what I see in Couturier who was a STEAL at 8th overall. Relax.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

If Nash is dealt to the Flyers, any return without Schenn is a bad one.

Also, JMFJ getting dealt isn't happening.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:31 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseonewillis View Post
Not sure what to list this under, (a little new to the site) but this could be a proposal if you don't want to believe this "******* ********" character on twitter. I don't tend to follow all of these anonymous tweeters but this guy actually broke a few minor deals that occured on the deadline.

Take this as a proposal if you'd rather haha.
but these are his latest posts...
Kind of interesting/a big trade if the flyers are actually considering this.

http://cl.ly/473y0a3X1g3J1d171Q45/Sc...59.53%20PM.png

According to this guy or fraud, whatever, the flyers are looking at Nash (no surprise) and Jack Johnson. Apparently their after Jack Johnson in the deal because Suter doesn't want to sign in Philly at all and negotiations for Enstrom aren't working.

Also, since the thought of adding Jack Johnson in the Nash package is making CBJ more hesistant, the flyers are trying to acquire the 2nd overall pick if not.

Sorry guys, this dude could be a complete fraud who has absolutely no life but the proposal seems like a pretty decent one...

enjoy.

Some if not all of these apparently. Guessing it would vary if they can't get Johnson in the package and the 2nd pick instead.

PHI:

JVR
Read
Couturier
1st 2012 pick

CBJ:

Nash
Jack Johnson OR 2nd overall pick 2012

As much as i think Nash is overpaid and is an underachiever the Jackets laugh at this offer.Just a bad offer in general.Philly would run like bandits if the Jackets every accepted this.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflyerfan1992 View Post
... I've watched Couturier all year. He's shown he can play in the pros and play PK and solid checking line assignments. 2nd overall will be a great player, no doubt, but I like what I see in Couturier who was a STEAL at 8th overall. Relax.
I can agree with that.

That said, wouldn't Columbus be smart to just keep Johnson and draft the player at #2? Johnson has already made it known he's 100% committed and happy to be in Columbus. The scouting team can vet the prospects that they are considering and would have a good understanding of how committed the player they are drafting would be.

Compare that to trading for players like JVR, Couturier, and Read. They may not appreciate being dealt to Columbus and we may end up with another Jeff Carter fiasco.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

I would offer Nash straight up for a package from Philly that doesn't include JVR. Otherwise I'd look to deal him elsewhere. Also, as I kind of pointed out, Nash to Philly would be nice but Philly should look at other things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
brutal for cbj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
That is a terrible trade for Columbus, I think it can easily be said he's a fraud and making up rumors.
I don't really see it this way, and I find it hard to believe anyone can come to the position it is "brutal."

Couturier = 2nd overall.

JVR, Read, and a 1st for Nash isn't awful by any stretch. A bit light? Maybe. But hardly awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
If Nash is dealt to the Flyers, any return without Schenn is a bad one.

Also, JMFJ getting dealt isn't happening.
You realize that Couturier is more valuable than Schenn, right?

Old
06-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I can agree with that.

That said, wouldn't Columbus be smart to just keep Johnson and draft the player at #2? Johnson has already made it known he's 100% committed and happy to be in Columbus. The scouting team can vet the prospects that they are considering and would have a good understanding of how committed the player they are drafting would be.

Compare that to trading for players like JVR, Couturier, and Read. They may not appreciate being dealt to Columbus and we may end up with another Jeff Carter fiasco.
I agree with this. I see no reason for the Blue Jackets to move Johnson, and no reason for the Flyers to pay the premium to pry him out.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Keep Van Riemsdyk in Philadelphia; we'll take Voracek back.

Jack Johnson has already become one of those guys who won't move without overpaying. Nash has been at that level. I strongly doubt that Van Riemsdyk, Read, Couturier, and a low first-rounder are going to be a worthwhile return. That immediately depletes the Columbus defense dramatically, as well as the scoring up front. It doesn't address the goaltending situation one bit.

Closed Thread