HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scott Oake - CBC

Old
06-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Nnelg

vCash: 500
Scott Oake - CBC

Didn't bother watching after watching 1st and 2nd period last night (could care less about either team) but what is all this talk about Scott Oake with CBC last night?

What did he do?

Nnelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:00 AM
charlie

I dont know what he done but man what is this guy like 110 years old.
Time to retire Scott.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:00 AM
JSBach

Watched the entire broadcast and don't know what people are talking about.

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Nnelg

The only thing I know is he called Beckham "Beckman". But he is trending like crazy on Twitter. If thats the only reason ppl have WAYYYYYY too much time on their hands to worry about crap like that.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:07 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn77 View Post
The only thing I know is he called Beckham "Beckman". But he is trending like crazy on Twitter. If thats the only reason ppl have WAYYYYYY too much time on their hands to worry about crap like that.
He even mentioned it on the broadcast that he was receiving lots of twitter feedback. Next time he should pronounce David's name the white way.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Adamcrazy3

vCash: 200
I think his son died from a drug overdose.

Adamcrazy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Nnelg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcrazy3 View Post
I think his son died from a drug overdose.
3 yrs ago

Old
06-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Adamcrazy3

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn77 View Post
3 yrs ago
No. His son died last year but Scott kept quiet about it. Here is a link:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4104024/

Adamcrazy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Nnelg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcrazy3 View Post
No. His son died last year but Scott kept quiet about it. Here is a link:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4104024/
Ooppps! Sorry my mistake.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Asamu

That's a very interesting and touching article by the way. It must have been so hard for the family. The drugs that he was taking were very addictive and you really need to be strong psychologically to suppress this addiction. I don't know where he took the money and I hope that the family didn't give him pocket money every week.

Anyway, I don't know the man but he carries a heavy load on his shoulder and it makes you think twice about the importance of taking the right decisions.

Asamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

I thought Oake did a great job with the on-ice interviews last night. He seemed to know every tidbit about every player he interviewed. Takes some serious skills to be able to remember everything and keep cool while it's pandemonium on the ice. Comes with experience, I guess.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
I thought Oake did a great job with the on-ice interviews last night. He seemed to know every tidbit about every player he interviewed. Takes some serious skills to be able to remember everything and keep cool while it's pandemonium on the ice. Comes with experience, I guess.
Seriously I was wondering if someone was feeding him info through an earpiece, because the information he had on every one (and their families) was simply unbelievable.

At one point, while interviewing I believe Lewis, he brings his dad into the interview and goes "Randy, I remember hearing a story about how you dropped Trevor, as a shy 15-yr old kid, off at a bus station outside of Salt Lake City, on his way to St John's High School to go play a season of hockey, and then on your way back you stopped at a gas station for 30 minutes... what was going through your mind back then?".

Then he had stories about how one player played Midget hockey with the assistant coach's son or something... anyways, I'm certain he had an earpiece, or he has eidetic memory

also, his coolness reminded me of that CTV journalist last year during the riots... anyone remembers his name?

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:43 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
Seriously I was wondering if someone was feeding him info through an earpiece, because the information he had on every one (and their families) was simply unbelievable.

At one point, while interviewing I believe Lewis, he brings his dad into the interview and goes "Randy, I remember hearing a story about how you dropped Trevor, as a shy 15-yr old kid, off at a bus station outside of Salt Lake City, on his way to St John's High School to go play a season of hockey, and then on your way back you stopped at a gas station for 30 minutes... what was going through your mind back then?".

Then he had stories about how one player played Midget hockey with the assistant coach's son or something... anyways, I'm certain he had an earpiece, or he has eidetic memory

also, his coolness reminded me of that CTV journalist last year during the riots... anyone remembers his name?
You're thinking of Rob Brown. Hilarious stuff.

But yeah, Oake is a professional, really cool seeing him know so much about the players.

06-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Halifaxhab*

The truth has come out. Oake was the shooter on the Grassy Knowl, he is the secret behind the JFK conspiracy!!!!

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:15 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post

He's just doing his job. Ron Maclean (though he doesn't seem to do as much interviews these days...probably too busy with coach's corner) is just like that. They are constantly doing research on anyone they may interview. Creme of the crop in my mind.
And another reason why I'll never make it in that field.

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:58 PM
nilan30

Some of the interviews, (I think Oake was doing them) last year with the Bruins were awkward. I remember him talking to Cam Neely and saying something to the effect of "it must be nice to win this but wouldn't it have been better to win it as a player?" Seemed like a pretty low blow even if it was a Bruin. Also I recall some awkardness when he interviewed Gregory Campbell with his dad.

nilan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:02 PM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Oake is a beauty. What a sick job that would be..

cjbhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

He's doing a pretty good job, better than the annoying Kacy Campbell.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote