HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Devils Tickets Thread (Discounts Included) Part V

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Queensdevil

vCash: 500
I want it to be opening day tomorrow, what time is everyone going for the DOG line?

God, I'm depressed.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:09 AM
Status Quo*

vCash: 50
I'm feelin a road trip for a game next year. Never been to a road Devils game.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:09 AM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
That's awesome. And I don't want to see you acting "holier than thou" because you're a STH.

I bought a package, one of the perks was the ability to buy more tickets. STH had the same perk. One STH on this board, at the very least, did so (CJ). There's no wrong in using a perk you purchased to fund your STH/package. In fact, that's one of the biggest reasons I would ever get full seasons.. the ability to potentially make back some of the money in deep runs.

And your edit was so ****ing nice. Really classy over there.

And yes, a ****ing scalper who sold 32 tickets this postseason (some of my own, others picked up in presale) to friends for the exact cost I paid for them.. even the ****ing PAWP price. But yea, **** me for the 2 tickets I sold for a $30 profit and the other 6 I was hoping to.
Sorry if I came off the wrong way, but you're going to be hard pressed, the day we lose the Cup, complaining about losing out on money for selling Game 7 tickets, finding anyone to back you here...

Seriously if that's your concern, **** right off.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:10 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
And I don't think anyone could make the case they didn't get their money's worth out of this postseason. 7-4 at home, rivalry games and Finals games that were worth much more on the secondary market than sth and PAWP prices.
Yup! For sure got so much out of the PAWP plan this year, very happy I did it despite the SCF result.

I tended not to look at what my seats were selling for on StubHub because, well, I didn't want to think about the money I was turning down.. Got to go to some incredible games and experienced a little bit of the STH thrill of knowing everyone in your section, "owning" your seats, etc.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:12 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
Sorry if I came off the wrong way, but you're going to be hard pressed, the day we lose the Cup, complaining about losing out on money for selling Game 7 tickets.

Where the **** did I complain and where the **** did I even say it was a concern?

Look at my posts man.. "who cares though" pretty much gives that away doesn't it?

Old
06-12-2012, 01:13 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollvalchuk17 View Post
I'm feelin a road trip for a game next year. Never been to a road Devils game.
I've been hoping every year that the Devils would take a nice long Western Canadien/California road trip around the time I get off.. hopefully this year!

Old
06-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

Quote:
Where the **** did I complain and where the **** did I even say it was a concern?

Look at my posts man.. "who cares though" pretty much gives that away doesn't it?
Like I said, if i took this the wrong way, sorry but you seem to be going for the cash here:

Quote:
I had six extra tickets lol..

based on the lowest SH prices for comparable seats, I woulda made at least $5,500 profit.

oh well
I take it back if that was the wrong assumption, I'm drunk, and angry, and drunk.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:19 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Like I said, if i took this the wrong way, sorry but you seem to be going for the cash here:

I take it back if that was the wrong assumption, I'm drunk, and angry, and drunk.
Well you assumed very wrong.

My first post in the thread:
Quote:

Oh well. PAWP was fun as hell. Lucky as **** that I finally chose to commit to a ticket plan in one of our longest runs in awhile.

Partial ticket plan next year maybe for me....
After someone brought up CJ's ticket selling for whatever:

Quote:
Yep, presale.

Had four of my own in 112 in PAWP and picked up some extras for 5 and 7 this round in hopes of cashing in and covering some of my plan's expenses.

Who cares though.
Again, 32 tickets sold to Devils fans friends/posters on these boards for absolutely 0 profit through the 2nd and 3rd round (technically lost a few bucks because I didn't always factor in the TM fee I paid).

When the Devils lost, the last thing I thought about was my stubhub listings. Heck.. forgot about them until I read that post here.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

My bad. Cheers.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:25 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
My bad. Cheers.
No offense was meant to you or any other STH.. I get a sliver now of what you guys have to grow through monetarily now every year but I seriously didn't like being called a ****ing scalper and told to **** off. So I apologize if any of my replies crossed the line but yea, not taking any of that.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:29 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Yup! For sure got so much out of the PAWP plan this year, very happy I did it despite the SCF result.

I tended not to look at what my seats were selling for on StubHub because, well, I didn't want to think about the money I was turning down.. Got to go to some incredible games and experienced a little bit of the STH thrill of knowing everyone in your section, "owning" your seats, etc.
I looked at it the opposite way, as in this is great value for an sth given what the secondary market prices are. It would be a funny exercise to try to figure out what I could have gotten if I 'had' just sold off every game, or even sold a single to every game but I'm not in it for that either, otherwise yeah it would be annoying.

But this way, I went to every game and my friend got to go to over half the playoff games, and she'd never been part of a big run before. I sold a few singles here to the first three rounds for face, and sold two singles for profit, when it was safe to (i.e. not worried about Ranger or Flyer fans taking over the building). So it was really the best of all worlds.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:37 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
I feel bad for cj losing out on $600 profit lol, oh well.
Haha it's alright. Would have been nice, but we'll deal. We made a good profit on our Game 2 tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2devs View Post
I lost the letter already. Can you pm the info about getting a refund via check rather than credit?
You should be able to contact your rep and get the info.

Quote:
Sorry I dont feel for anyone trying to profit off of a potential game 7. Get in line with the scalpers
Quote:
Don't talk to me about laying out money and eating it

You have to realize how many STH's there are here, who have put up tons more and ate tons more, we don't want to hear about your failed risk and refund for your attempted reward.

You sound like a scalper, so **** off.
Wow...take it easy! This was the whole point of us getting a Game 7 ticket after what we encountered in 2003.

I don't consider myself a scalper, but it would have been a nice little extra bonus.

Quote:
I only said I felt bad for cj cause she is a legit sth and could use the money if Tony's still looking for work. I don't oppose anyone selling tickets for profit on principle though (or even buying extra tickets for the purpose of selling them), but yeah some intentions are more genuine than others.

And I don't think anyone could make the case they didn't get their money's worth out of this postseason. 7-4 at home, rivalry games and Finals games that were worth much more on the secondary market than sth and PAWP prices.
Haha thanks...it would have been nice.

Quote:
Sorry if I came off the wrong way, but you're going to be hard pressed, the day we lose the Cup, complaining about losing out on money for selling Game 7 tickets, finding anyone to back you here...

Krinkle, I hope you've slept out your anger because this isn't very nice!

Old
06-12-2012, 08:51 AM
devilsarmy17

Shout out to DSA & the devils organization for coming on here daily and giving insights into the team's ticketing operation. I'm sure we will hear from him all summer as well, but he should take a few days off.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Once again, this thread takes a strange turn.

At least I have those nice, paper, souvenir tickets for game 7, to remind me of what might have been...

Old
06-12-2012, 09:22 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
Once again, this thread takes a strange turn.

At least I have those nice, paper, souvenir tickets for game 7, to remind me of what might have been...
thats ok.. i have enough unused rangers playoffs tickets during my tenure as a sth to wallpaper my room

Old
06-12-2012, 11:05 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
thats ok.. i have enough unused rangers playoffs tickets during my tenure as a sth to wallpaper my room
Dont laugh, I have tons of unused Devils tickets for that purpose. I collect them so one day I'll have enough to wallpaper one wall of my Devils themed viewing room. I'm not sure I'll actually do that instead of alternating black and red walls w/white ceiling, but I've kept them just in case.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:07 AM
RockTheRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Dont laugh, I have tons of unused Devils tickets for that purpose. I collect them so one day I'll have enough to wallpaper one wall of my Devils themed viewing room. I'm not sure I'll actually do that instead of alternating black and red walls w/white ceiling, but I've kept them just in case.
I'll happily mail you mine from this year, if you want them.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:26 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I never keep tickets from unplayed games, already have a ****load of them from games that were played as it is.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Krinkle, I hope you've slept out your anger because this isn't very nice!
I already stated that I misread/interpreted his post and apologized.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:35 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
I already stated that I misread/interpreted his post and apologized.
Haha yes I saw that.

Old
06-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Devils Pride 26
BrickCityHockey*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsarmy17 View Post
Shout out to DSA & the devils organization for coming on here daily and giving insights into the team's ticketing operation. I'm sure we will hear from him all summer as well, but he should take a few days off.
Came here to post the same thing. I'm more of a lurker here but the people that run this thread are a huge help. Not to mention DSA who always was here catering to the concerns of every fan possible.

Thank you.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

So much for my souvenir. Turns out Stub Hubs wants the unused tix back in order to refund me. Now I'm glad I didn't burn the things in anger after game 6!

Old
06-14-2012, 02:53 PM
martyisgod

may be a new member of the ST community tomorrow

Old
06-15-2012, 09:58 AM
Tarkir66

Quote:
So much for my souvenir. Turns out Stub Hubs wants the unused tix back in order to refund me. Now I'm glad I didn't burn the things in anger after game 6!
We they hard tickets or electronic? When I have had events cancelled in the past, they did not need electronic tickets back, and the credit was within 2 days.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:11 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Did they say what the point of that is?

Closed Thread