HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

6th overall pick

Old
06-12-2012, 03:07 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
I'm willing to package the pick for a potential top pairing defenseman.

And no, I'm not oblivious -- I realize we won't receive someone like Fowler for the 6th overall pick.
We won't get anything close.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Given how bad we boned them on Beauchemin for Gardiner + Lupul, Anaheim would probably also include Fowler in this trade.
Perfect example of why I hate people like you. Ignorant statement that you have clue about. You know nothing about the Ducks or those players except what you see the bloggers post.

The world is not black and white. And until Gardiner and Lupul lead you to a Stanley cup (****, even the playoffs) how in the hell did you clearly win the trade?

Lupul was never going to get a chance and he was a Salary dump. Gardiner was dealt from an area of strength(defensive prospects) to help an area of weakness(a strong 2 way guy to pair with Fowler). That is exactly what every Ducks fan was begging for. Beggers cant be choosers. I will take the Beauchemin trade 10/10 before the Kessel trade.

I hope Gardiner breaks your heart just like Schenn did when he regressed so hard that every Leafs fan wants to tarde him for picks/prospects. I hope Lupul and Kessel both leave the Leafs and they are stuck ina rebuild so long that you become a fan of whatever team moves to Toronto, THEN I hope the Leafs start winning start winning.

To all reasonable TML fans, I'm sorry this guy represents you because this is why you geta bad reputation.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:51 PM
conway902

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Perfect example of why I hate people like you. Ignorant statement that you have clue about. You know nothing about the Ducks or those players except what you see the bloggers post.

The world is not black and white. And until Gardiner and Lupul lead you to a Stanley cup (****, even the playoffs) how in the hell did you clearly win the trade?

Lupul was never going to get a chance and he was a Salary dump. Gardiner was dealt from an area of strength(defensive prospects) to help an area of weakness(a strong 2 way guy to pair with Fowler). That is exactly what every Ducks fan was begging for. Beggers cant be choosers. I will take the Beauchemin trade 10/10 before the Kessel trade.

I hope Gardiner breaks your heart just like Schenn did when he regressed so hard that every Leafs fan wants to tarde him for picks/prospects. I hope Lupul and Kessel both leave the Leafs and they are stuck ina rebuild so long that you become a fan of whatever team moves to Toronto, THEN I hope the Leafs start winning start winning.

To all reasonable TML fans, I'm sorry this guy represents you because this is why you geta bad reputation.
some one give this guy a hug

conway902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
some one give this guy a hug
Sorry, cant stand hearing how bad we got "boned" when it was a great hockey move AND cap move for the Ducks.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:07 PM
threeGo

Would you guys be interested in Grabovski? He has a 5.5 mil cap hit though for 5 years.

Maybe Grabovski + 2nd 2012.

threeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:13 PM
OCSportsfan

Would nashville fans take Fowler + 6th overall + Fill in blank for Shea Weber.

OCSportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCSportsfan View Post
The offer sheet risks would scare me off of trading for him.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:50 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Sorry, cant stand hearing how bad we got "boned" when it was a great hockey move AND cap move for the Ducks.
Does anyone actually believe that this was a win in any sense for Anaheim?

For a d-man who was playing absolutely awful for us, we got a near PPG winger and a rookie d-man who absolutely lit it up.

As far as I'm concerned the deal is akin to us giving you Bozak for Getzlaf and you smiling right through it saying it was a great hockey move and cap move for the Ducks.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:

For a d-man who was playing absolutely awful for us, we got a near PPG winger and a rookie d-man who absolutely lit it up.

As far as I'm concerned the deal is akin to us giving you Bozak for Getzlaf and you smiling right through it saying it was a great hockey move and cap move for the Ducks.
You should stay up past 10 and watch some Western Conference games is you want to discuss Western Conference teams. Who cares what Beauchemin did in Toronto? He's a hard hitting rock in Anaheim, while Lupul was a streaky, overpaid, oft-injured third liner and Gardiner was a project who it was hoped had a top end of what Beauchemin IS.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:

We got a top pairing defenseman out of it. Isn't that a win? In retrospect we overpaid for that, but it's not like it was obvious that Lupul was about to set career numbers.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:06 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCSportsfan View Post
With all those offer sheet implications? To put it gently, hell ****ing no.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote